Thread: clubs that dont issue 1099s in the ny/nj area

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

Default clubs that dont issue 1099s in the ny/nj area

what clubs do not issue 1099s in any of the 5 boroughs or jersey? im going back in fall to finish my nursing degree so i wouldn't want this to come up in the future. also are 1099s the only way a future employer (for nursing) could find something like this out (obvi granted theres not some hating bitch at work that finds out and rats you out). its this specific reason i decided against camming because im pretty sure with camming you get an actual paycheck, theres no way around it (is that correct?)

i still have 2 years of school left and im hoping i can really make good money dancing because im unable to get anymore loans and dancing would help me pay for school as well as get me out of the debt i am in plus it seems like a fun job without having to slave for 40 hrs a week for a small paycheck

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 746 Posts

Default Re: clubs that dont issue 1099s in the ny/nj area

Flash lets you work off the books.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 873 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by deemags View Post
    what clubs do not issue 1099s in any of the 5 boroughs or jersey? im going back in fall to finish my nursing degree so i wouldn't want this to come up in the future. also are 1099s the only way a future employer (for nursing) could find something like this out (obvi granted theres not some hating bitch at work that finds out and rats you out).
    Keep in mind if the club is part of a corporate chain, they will most likely issue 1099s. Afaik all the clubs in the outer boroughs do not issue 1099s. The ones I know don't issue in Manhattan are Lace and Diamond club. Cheetahs and VIP don't either, but I don't recommend those places since I hear they get raided, because if anything if you get caught in a raid with false charges, that will definitely come up on a background check. NY Dolls, Private Eyes and Flashdancers didn't when I worked for that chain, but I heard through the grapevine that they're making dancers get W-4's now (some dancers went to sue them a while back). This is second hand knowledge though.

I haven't worked in a lot of NJ clubs, but I haven't seen any of them that issue 1099s. I'm not even sure if that's an NJ thing, but maybe someone else will have better knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by deemags View Post
    its this specific reason i decided against camming because im pretty sure with camming you get an actual paycheck, theres no way around it (is that correct?)
    Me too, it seems risky and I doubt there is a way around getting checks. Otherwise I'd be doing it too, I'd just hop on cam after coming home from my dayjob.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 732 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

^^me too about camming..I am sure if u called around you could figure it out tho, most clubs Ive been to allow u to work off the books, actually they prefer it

Veteran Member
    Thanks

none of the places in NJ issue 1099s, as far as i know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Starling View Post
    I haven't worked in a lot of NJ clubs, but I haven't seen any of them that issue 1099s. I'm not even sure if that's an NJ thing, but maybe someone else will have better knowledge.
    They opened up that Scores in AC... I'd assume that they'd issue 1099s. But as far as other clubs in jersey, I highly doubt it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

thanks everyone ... just another question ... so if the place gets raided for drugs or prostitution, everyone would get arrested? wouldn't the dancers that dont participate in drugs/extras either not be arrested or let out at the police station? how can they charge you with something you havent done and if they do would i pretty much would be forced to plea out even if im innocent? that is SO fcked up omg!! basically it wouldn't even be worth to get a lawyer and try to fight it?

thats really messed up those cops would just pin some bs charges on someone knowing its going to ruin there life pretty much.

what clubs are known for getting raided than cus im gonna avoid them like the plague! lol
    does anyone have any first hand experience on falsely being charged in a raid? what ended up happening to youwith background checks and any future job prospects? (jobs outside of adult entertainment) did you get sentenced to jail or anything like that? probation?