Results 2,426 to 2,439 of 2439

Thread: The 'Sick Girls' Camming Club

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 2,008 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Default Re: The 'Sick Girls' Camming Club

Quote Originally Posted by Esixxx View Post
    I'm better now. I made a goal for myself to exercise at minimum 5 times a week-moving my joints

I've been doing it in the morning using the exercise bike in the fitness room. My best guess is that it took some time for the turmeric to get back into my system. I picked up a higher dosage of it.
    I talked to my Dad about the joint pain and he told me that my Grandmother had him pick Tylenol Arthritis when her joint pain flared up. I took that for a couple of days when the pain was bad.

The memories of my Grandma is a good motivator to exercise and be active. The doctors got onto her on the regular about exercise- she had multiple knee and hip replacements. For decades, she sat in her recliner and that is no way to live.

As far as hoeing goes I am modifying what I do on cam. Cushions are good for the joints and I am looking into lighter weight heels
    have you tried Voltarin ointment? It was originally made for arthritis pain and is now otc.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Back in 2010 I had a nose job and it became infected. I could not get rid of the infection for like 7 months. Then I got chronic tonsillitis and had my tonsils removed. The wound had trouble healing. Eventually I did heal and I started working in a kitchen. My badly throat hurt for awhile. Then for 4 years I started working in kitchens as a cook mostly. I started feeling increasingly ill, chronic fatigue getting constant sore throats. Eventually I ended up getting severe stomach ulcers on top of it.

I ended up dancing and camming full time because of my chronic health problems. A couple months ago I lost my voice for three weeks, and had a severe sore throat, i could almost feel my heart stoppinh. Recently I started getting on vitamins and changing my eating habits which helped allot. I also use holistic approach for my constant sore throats such as drinking apple cider vinegar, making a green tea with ginger, lemon, and manuka honey in it. That prevents bacteria from getting the best of me. i still feel fatigue a few times a week.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThaliaAndreas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Greetings, fellow sick girls!

I just started camming again after a ten year hiatus. Chronic illness has caught up with me, and I can't face the long, grueling process of applying for social security disability knowing it would at most get me about $800/month if approved.

I'm perimenopausal now, and have a better sense of my own boundaries. I expected to be killing it on SM.
    The trouble is I can't stay on! My longest day so far was 2 hrs 20 min, and I was baffled looking at the report -- it felt like 5! ( And yes, that's the total time, not customers' time.)
    So I made $170 that day, and just under $400 for the week.
    A couple hours' stream time three days a week. I'll make rent. And maybe by next month I'll have streamlined things so I can stay on longer, or posted some video content.

I do put a lot of time into other aspects, and I try to give myself credit for that. I think a lot of of us have worked for employers who acted like laying a solid groundwork was superfluous, something to do "on your own time"-- you know, the type who overpromise to clients, crack the whip hard on their tortured employees who warned them it wasn't a realistic deadline, and then underdeliver and blame you for it. Wow, that sounded so specific-- except it's happened so many times, with multiple employers!! Anyway, I think once you've been groomed like that, it's hard to shake the toxic attitudes.

So if that's you, give yourself credit for the work you do off cam, alright?! Just because the roi isn't readily apparent doesn't mean it isn't happening!

Be kind to yourself.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelicaFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 561 Posts
    My Mood
    Hot

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicaFox View Post
    Greetings, fellow sick girls!

I just started camming again after a ten year hiatus. Chronic illness has caught up with me, and I can't face the long, grueling process of applying for social security disability knowing it would at most get me about $800/month if approved.

I'm perimenopausal now, and have a better sense of my own boundaries. I expected to be killing it on SM.
    The trouble is I can't stay on! My longest day so far was 2 hrs 20 min, and I was baffled looking at the report -- it felt like 5! ( And yes, that's the total time, not customers' time.)
    So I made $170 that day, and just under $400 for the week.
    A couple hours' stream time three days a week. I'll make rent. And maybe by next month I'll have streamlined things so I can stay on longer, or posted some video content.

I do put a lot of time into other aspects, and I try to give myself credit for that. I think a lot of of us have worked for employers who acted like laying a solid groundwork was superfluous, something to do "on your own time"-- you know, the type who overpromise to clients, crack the whip hard on their tortured employees who warned them it wasn't a realistic deadline, and then underdeliver and blame you for it. Wow, that sounded so specific-- except it's happened so many times, with multiple employers!! Anyway, I think once you've been groomed like that, it's hard to shake the toxic attitudes.

So if that's you, give yourself credit for the work you do off cam, alright?! Just because the roi isn't readily apparent doesn't mean it isn't happening!

Be kind to yourself.
    Wow, great post!
    I'm in menopause with chronic health conditions.
    Everything that you said really resonates with me in a deep way.

I've been camming for 13 straight years.
    I USED to be able to do long hours ( 8-9) at a time.
    Nowadays if I stay on for 3, it's a mini miracle, because 2 is all that I usually can take.

Last year I decided to take my social security (5 years early.)
    And thank God that I did.
    Just knowing that I have that monthly payment takes so much financial pressure off of me.

I've had to take a good hard look at ways to cut my expenses and not push myself.
    I was getting burnt out.

6 years ago I moved out of a very expensive city to a small town which had cheaper rent and a lot more space.

I've had my car paid off since 2002.
    Sadly it just died, so I'm facing the possibility of a car payment ( the horror). Luckily there's no rush since I work from home and don't drive much.

Just wanted you to know that I'm here in solidity with you.
    "In God We trust. All others pay cash."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamqueen For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    have you tried Voltarin ointment? It was originally made for arthritis pain and is now otc.
    Thank you! I will give that a try.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 2,660 Posts

^Yes, Voltarin is good. In my experience, the generic works just as well and is much cheaper. There's a dosing card included but I don't use it. For me, using less works well.

I have also been doing self massage, which has helped my knee pain immensely. I'm learning from this lady on YouTube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marina Starr View Post
    As you know from experience, fuckboys love old hoes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamqueen View Post
    I've had to take a good hard look at ways to cut my expenses and not push myself.
    I was getting burnt out.

6 years ago I moved out of a very expensive city to a small town which had cheaper rent and a lot more space.
    We're opposite, I'm about to have a car for the first time in over a year! My advice is not to wait as long as I did getting wheels again

I moved to the outskirts of a city thinking I was close enough, but I realized too late I don't get the walking-distance amenities of the city proper OR reasonable rent of a small town . I've often thought since I can't afford to live in the (real) city, I should move to a small town, but I'm not seeing anything too appealing there either.

Anyone moved recently and have better ideas where to look? Craigslist used to have awesome, unique situations like MIL suite in someone's back yard, cabin in the woods, things you wouldn't see on a site like Trulia or rentals.com. Now it's so thick with scams it's useless.

I know the housing market is rough, but there are always going to be those outlying opportunities. I just have to figure out where to look for them. I'm super excited to have a car again so I can cruise around looking for places with "for rent" signs that I would have missed!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 561 Posts
    My Mood
    Hot

We're opposite, I'm about to have a car for the first time in over a year! My advice is not to wait as long as I did getting wheels again

I moved to the outskirts of a city thinking I was close enough, but I realized too late I don't get the walking-distance amenities of the city proper OR reasonable rent of a small town . I've often thought since I can't afford to live in the (real) city, I should move to a small town, but I'm not seeing anything too appealing there either.

Anyone moved recently and have better ideas where to look? Craigslist used to have awesome, unique situations like MIL suite in someone's back yard, cabin in the woods, things you wouldn't see on a site like Trulia or rentals.com. Now it's so thick with scams it's useless.

I know the housing market is rough, but there are always going to be those outlying opportunities. I just have to figure out where to look for them. I'm super excited to have a car again so I can cruise around looking for places with "for rent" signs that I would have missed!
    Luckily I moved to a town that has all the conveniences a block away.
    And 2 gorgeous parks 1 block away in both directions.
    If I want Starbucks, Sephora, and all the high end designer stores, that's 2 blocks away.
    No need for a car really, as I work from home and rarely go out.
    I just cancelled my auto insurance and will be selling my car.
    If and when I feel the need to get out of town, or go somewhere far, I'll get a used (reliable) car.
    "In God We trust. All others pay cash."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamqueen View Post
    Luckily I moved to a town that has all the conveniences a block away.
    And 2 gorgeous parks 1 block away in both directions.
    If I want Starbucks, Sephora, and all the high end designer stores, that's 2 blocks away.
    No need for a car really, as I work from home and rarely go out.
    I just cancelled my auto insurance and will be selling my car.
    If and when I feel the need to get out of town, or go somewhere far, I'll get a used (reliable) car.
    Noice! I would love that, a frickin Sephora and Starbucks two blocks away? There's motivation for an evening walk. (Oh and the parks too).

If I lived somewhere like that and was done with all the doctors appointments, I'd probably ditch the car too and ride a bike. Or a moped!

I found out that a good place to look for housing rentals when you can't get out and explore physically, is property management websites. I looked at around ten of them, and they all list the properties they have for rent... But only a couple were posted anywhere else. I guess normally listing properties on more visible sites would be part of their service to the owner, but with the housing market all Corona'ed up, they don't really have to.
    People find them. And if they don't, like me when I moved here, they just assume $1300/mo for a 1 br in a complex is how it is unless you want the place with all the roaches and curious stains and odors.

Now that I have found a few more options, I feel better turning in my move-out notice.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicaFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm better now. I made a goal for myself to exercise at minimum 5 times a week-moving my joints

I've been doing it in the morning using the exercise bike in the fitness room. My best guess is that it took some time for the turmeric to get back into my system. I picked up a higher dosage of it.
    I talked to my Dad about the joint pain and he told me that my Grandmother had him pick Tylenol Arthritis when her joint pain flared up. I took that for a couple of days when the pain was bad.

The memories of my Grandma is a good motivator to exercise and be active. The doctors got onto her on the regular about exercise- she had multiple knee and hip replacements. For decades, she sat in her recliner and that is no way to live.

As far as hoeing goes I am modifying what I do on cam. Cushions are good for the joints and I am looking into lighter weight heels
    My grandma is my motivation, too. She had a king-size bed, and she would sit up in it half the day watching TV, unless she was in the living room in that recliner. I would watch old reruns with her, and we'd play "War"-- the most simple card game known to humanity. She never tried to teach me anything more challenging, probably because we both had ADHD. I didn't have the patience to learn quickly enough for her to have the patience to teach me But I think of that bed as a prison, and moreso every day that I'm stuck in bed too tired even to sew or craft, or anything but watch TV.

That's awesome that you are back into exercising! Even the littlest bit makes such a difference! I remember this study they did in people in a nursing home. It was believed that the body gradually lost its ability to produce new muscle tissue as we age, but the study proved that wrong. They did simple exercises without special equipment, like arm curls while holding a can of soup, and they all gained some amount of muscle by the end of the study.

Partly I'm writing this to remind myself that if I can't do a full set of my physical therapy exercises, even five reps of one of the ones that helps most is worth doing. At the very least, you reinforce your muscle memory. And sometimes five reps ends up two sets of ten, or two exercises, or more.

Also, GOOD physical therapy is amazing. I kept hurting myself and backing off exercise because my joints are loose/ hypermobile. My muscles were up for it, but I'd end up limping if I did stretches or jumping motions. This last PT explained so much about the mechanics of my body, and I pay minute attention to what hurts and helps now and don't feel bad about cutting out certain exercises based on that-- they gave me plenty of options.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngelicaFox For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

My grandma is my motivation, too. She had a king-size bed, and she would sit up in it half the day watching TV, unless she was in the living room in that recliner. I would watch old reruns with her, and we'd play "War"-- the most simple card game known to humanity. She never tried to teach me anything more challenging, probably because we both had ADHD. I didn't have the patience to learn quickly enough for her to have the patience to teach me But I think of that bed as a prison, and moreso every day that I'm stuck in bed too tired even to sew or craft, or anything but watch TV.

That's awesome that you are back into exercising! Even the littlest bit makes such a difference! I remember this study they did in people in a nursing home. It was believed that the body gradually lost its ability to produce new muscle tissue as we age, but the study proved that wrong. They did simple exercises without special equipment, like arm curls while holding a can of soup, and they all gained some amount of muscle by the end of the study.

Partly I'm writing this to remind myself that if I can't do a full set of my physical therapy exercises, even five reps of one of the ones that helps most is worth doing. At the very least, you reinforce your muscle memory. And sometimes five reps ends up two sets of ten, or two exercises, or more.

Also, GOOD physical therapy is amazing. I kept hurting myself and backing off exercise because my joints are loose/ hypermobile. My muscles were up for it, but I'd end up limping if I did stretches or jumping motions. This last PT explained so much about the mechanics of my body, and I pay minute attention to what hurts and helps now and don't feel bad about cutting out certain exercises based on that-- they gave me plenty of options.
    Awww... your Grandma sounds like she was fun

I definitely notice when I exercise I feel better. I kind of slacked last week- only exercised twice last week- because I was catching up on to-do's. Currently the joint pain has improved for me.

It sounds like you got a really good PT and that you are listening to your body which is really important. It sounds like you are on a good track

As far the lady stuff- I can relate- I've been taking a new supplement to see if it helps improve PMS symptoms. I have like two good weeks out of the month, then I am trash lol- fatigue, cramps, and just feel blah. So far the supplement helps give me more energy- as long as I have a good nights sleep.

I wish we could give these behind the scenes perspective on what goes on behind the scenes when we aren't camming- because it's a lot of fucking work lol

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Awww... your Grandma sounds like she was fun

I definitely notice when I exercise I feel better. I kind of slacked last week- only exercised twice last week- because I was catching up on to-do's. Currently the joint pain has improved for me.

It sounds like you got a really good PT and that you are listening to your body which is really important. It sounds like you are on a good track

As far the lady stuff- I can relate- I've been taking a new supplement to see if it helps improve PMS symptoms. I have like two good weeks out of the month, then I am trash lol- fatigue, cramps, and just feel blah. So far the supplement helps give me more energy- as long as I have a good nights sleep.

I wish we could give these behind the scenes perspective on what goes on behind the scenes when we aren't camming- because it's a lot of fucking work lol
    I'm happy to hear that your joint pain has improved! Mine has too. Self massage has helped more than anything. Exercise? Not lately but it does help. LOL

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Woohoooo! Yay for no or little pain!

I'll have to try out the self- massage- my shoulders and upper back get funky from time to time.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hope it helps you! My cat tries to massage me but her claws are sharp. lol

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798