Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'Sick Girls' Camming Club

Thanks
    Thanked 19,737 Times in 4,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

Smiley The 'Sick Girls' Camming Club

I thought it might be nice to have a thread for the girls who have any sort of physical or mental handicap that makes camming especially challenging to have a place to be able to discuss the things that 'healthier' camgirl's don't ever really have to think about or put up with.

For example, right now my health is so unstable that I've gone from making over $100 a day to $30-$40 a day. Since this is such a big ego scar to me I keep pushing myself to work harder instead of taking the time to rest and of course it just leaves me ever more burnt out.

It's taken me half a year to be able to emotionally deal with the fact that this is my income level right now and that there are a lot of things I am just going to have to do without because I just can't afford them anymore and that things will not ever change or get better until I take the same passion I used to drive myself into the ground working into resting like a mofo.

What do you find is your biggest challenge when it comes to camming? Back problems? Anxiety? Staying awake? Headaches? How do you deal with being unwell when camming?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid

Default Re: The 'Sick Girls' Camming Club

because i'm fat, i choose to sit in a particular position during freechat, and in my slowest shifts, that would probably mean laying on my left side, on my elbow... that shit caused a carpel tunnel syndrome, and now my pinky and ring finger are permanently numb.... no massages helped whatsoever.. the only thing that aided was aspirin and not staying like that anymore for a month. FML.

My eyes are kind of getting pretty tired because i have very powerful lighting, and i just hope i won't have to wear glasses/contacts in the future.

the two most heartbreaking illnesses i'm experiencing with camming are chronic fatigue syndrome, and anxiety/depression.

To be honest, the camgirls on stripperweb actually taught me a VERY VERY valuable lesson... i used to be a people pleaser and talk in freechat with members a lot.. just hoping they'd decide for a show (which 90% of the time, never happened), and i would be tired faster by doing so, instead of just chillin and minding my own buisness. I used to see the members as being my friends and confidents, but i recently found out that it's mentally SO MUCH healthier for me to consider them human ATM machines. Sounds superficial, i'm sorry, but this worked for me, and i've escaped the dark pitfalls of a cruel depression.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,750 Times in 2,150 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

This is a great thread. I always feel better knowing I'm not alone and that other cam girls are going through the same thing.

My biggest issue is anxiety. There's at least one week out of every month (due to hormones I'm guessing) where I just can't force myself to get on cam without having a minor panic attack. It really effects my monthly income because after taking time off it's even harder trying to get back into the swing of things. Some people just can't understand that this isn't like a normal job where you just have to get up and go. So much mental strength goes into this job...you have to be sexy and get naked for random men, often shouting orders at you, which I never take...but it still weighs on you. If you aren't able to get in the right mindset this job is nearly impossible. I'm having one of those weeks this week...I haven't cammed since last Friday and I know I need to get online today, but not sure if I'll be able to force myself to deal with it today. I make myself sick from the anxiety and then physically don't feel like I can do it. It can be rough in the life of a cam girl

Thanks
    Thanked 19,559 Times in 3,647 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

My knee is my biggest obstacle when it comes to camming. Sometimes when I'm asked to bend over and get on my knees, it really hurts. If my weight if shifted slightly to the left, I get this terrible stinging pain in my knee. Sometimes I've cried on cam because it hurts so much. Most of the time I'm able to hide my pain.

During the winter it's the worst. My knee gets so stiff and 10x painful.

Joint pains are the worst. I want new knee caps!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,742 Times in 6,810 Posts

What a beautiful post!

Quote Originally Posted by mia_noxx View Post
    To be honest, the camgirls on stripperweb actually taught me a VERY VERY valuable lesson... i used to be a people pleaser and talk in freechat with members a lot.. just hoping they'd decide for a show (which 90% of the time, never happened), and i would be tired faster by doing so, instead of just chillin and minding my own buisness. I used to see the members as being my friends and confidents, but i recently found out that it's mentally SO MUCH healthier for me to consider them human ATM machines. Sounds superficial, i'm sorry, but this worked for me, and i've escaped the dark pitfalls of a cruel
    Last edited by Marina Starr; 04-30-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    Senior Sales Executive for BlueChew

Thanks
    Thanked 2,898 Times in 917 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Thank you for this post, this is the story of my life lol, my bad back, eyes issues/ headache, chronic muscle pain syndrome, rheuma, depression/ anxiety are my enemies when it comes to cam work (plus some too intimate to mention here issues). Every shift on cam is a challenge for me, before, during & after cam work.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,721 Times in 3,931 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

You ever tried fastt patches?? check it out.. I used them for my broken shoulder to heal faster and now I have another injury on my good shoulder and using them.. they work on really old injuries.. go to www.fasttpatch.com

Quote Originally Posted by audritwo View Post
    My knee is my biggest obstacle when it comes to camming. Sometimes when I'm asked to bend over and get on my knees, it really hurts. If my weight if shifted slightly to the left, I get this terrible stinging pain in my knee. Sometimes I've cried on cam because it hurts so much. Most of the time I'm able to hide my pain.

During the winter it's the worst. My knee gets so stiff and 10x painful.

Joint pains are the worst. I want new knee caps!

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to anonymous camgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,737 Times in 4,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

Thank you for all your responses. You are the best, bbs! *mwah!*

I think the hardest part of me is having to CONSTANTLY turn down money because I am just too sick to do privates that day. Nothing like having the bills pile up and having to add insult to injury by turning down money you need.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,547 Times in 1,855 Posts

Chronic back pain keeps me from working as much as I would like. I also deal with anxiety and panic attacks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

My illness is stupid fucking people!...lol... In all seriousness I have PTSD.. and you know how these guys piss us off?? well whoa is it hard for me to keep a lid on it.. I find copious amounts of cod liver oil really calms me down...and then there is always a new ache or pain.. AGe is just a number BB.. tell that to the over 40+ crowd.. I will laugh at your ass.. I dunno what other problems i have.. .. sometimes i get depressed that this is where i am at in my life at this age.. On one hand it is nice to have this kinda job but on the other hand it has been extremely hard kinda life.. filled with nothing but show me ass bb.. fuck your toy bb, do you do anal bb...lol

Thanks
    Thanked 6,447 Times in 1,341 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Got out of a severe depression a year back, but have been inactive while being drepressed for a whole year (only sleeping 90% of the time or just sitting in a chair, I almost never went outside) so I am still building up my energy level and my condition.
    I suffer from the spastic bowel syndrom almost everyday I have medication for it since some months... I was so used to having pain that I almost didnt noticed anymore, only when it was at its worst and I coudnt walk anymore from the pain. The medication does work, and makes it much easier for me to work.
    Because of the spastic bowel syndrom I ahd a lot of backpains, I still have them especially with camming, but it is managable. I use a pillow called "cuddlebuddy" (http://www.cuddlebuddy.com.au/) and use them underneath my back when I lay done while camming (I use the biggest one and a little one placed before it). It really has done wonders for my backpain to have that support in my back. I also sit on my knees a lot which gives me less backpain.
    Iam diagnosed with borderline and avoidant personality disorder... Most difficult for me are my moodswings, and to believe in myself. Its hard for me to come back to my happy fibe when it turned over in a angry/sad one, it can take some houres before I manage to be somewhat calm again (it does affect my earnings big time when I am not in my happy state even though I keep my smile up, it just shines through because my feeling are really strong wich makes it harder for me to not beat myself up even more because I am failing to keep my earnings up)
    You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want - Zig Ziglar

"Be thankful for the troubles of your job. They provide about half your income Robert R. Updegraff

Thanks
    Thanked 2,898 Times in 917 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

^^^ Where u sit Ivy, in bed, office chair, sofa? The pillow i see in ur link is called Neck pillow, is that big enough to use for the back of big ish girls too? I am not thin here lol but would like such a pillow. Is it visible on cam when u use it or u keep ur cam higher? Ty!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AliceFun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Not a lot of physical problems (aside from very low WBC count) but my biggest hold up with camming is chronic depression. Depression is more than just feeling sad or tired; it's this crippling feeling of being stuck in a hole. You can see the light of the outside world, and you want to climb up, but every vine you grab to help yourself breaks or slips out from your grip. Eventually you become so exasperated and upset that you can't focus on anything anymore ad you just want to lay down and accept that you're stuck. It's so frustrating to me and all of my loved ones; and that's what's worse. It's not just about me. I have a roommate and people I owe money to. I've been in a massive depression spiral for close to a year now, and I end up getting trapped in this cycle of "I'm depressed, let me call someone to help me. Yay! After two hours they've helped me get out of bed. I don't want them to leave and for me to get more depressed. I'll just work when I'm done hanging out with them. My day is over; I'm exhausted. I just woke up, I can't believe I didn't work yesterday. Fuck, I'm depressed."

It's so upsetting... And now after a solid year of being sad and poor I'm trying to fix things and build from the ground up again. Constant promotion, constant advertisement, constantly new and fresh ideas... I can beat this thing; I just have to make sure I don't give up.

chestpound.gif

Thanks
    Thanked 6,447 Times in 1,341 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I use this "sofa/laying down couch" hihi dont know the english term 183866913-hele-gezellige-rode-ligbank-van-ikea-zeer-goede-staat.jpg
    I use the "mega comfort pillow in my back http://www.cuddlebuddy.com.au/catalogue/c23/c27
    with another comfort pillow in front of it http://www.cuddlebuddy.com.au/catalogue/c23/c28
    It is visible but I use the zebra colour which gives an nice pop to my room

dont know obviously if the pillows will work for everyone, but they did help me with my backpain bec of the support when I am in that laying down position (nissionary) while sitting up a little bit so the member can still see your upperbody well. The round pillows work well with that. I also used an meditation/yoga round pillow but that one was to firm.
    The pillows from cuddle buddy are really really soft (there are those little polystyrene balls inside them) which forms around your body. At first I those it was to soft, but it truned out to be perfect (with to of them against each other

BTW it is not a photo pf my actual cough for safety measurements I get a random picture from internet but it is the same brand
    Last edited by IvyRose; 04-30-2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: forgot a word
    You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want - Zig Ziglar

"Be thankful for the troubles of your job. They provide about half your income Robert R. Updegraff

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,987 Times in 11,336 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

That's CUTE!^ I think it's called a 'fainting couch'? love that
    yea, got some issues..

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,227 Times in 453 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Depressive episodes put me totally out of commission. I can't really work *at all.* I'm sure the other ladies with moderate-to-severe depression know what I'm talking about. Fortunately, I usually only have severe episodes a few times per year. Anxiety is a more chronic problem. Medication has been helping a lot with both!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 403 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Rode horses all my life, we showed them all over pretty much most of the USA. Running barrels my horse and I went down. I have had a back injury since of course, I said no to surgery, because the doctor said I can go many ways with that, one was in a wheel chair... Honestly.

So, I am on partial disability due to my back. I can not sit or stand 4 hours or longer. I have noticed I can mix it up at times, but it still aches. I refuse to live on Pain Meds. so I use many yoga posses as well and back stretching. I never got back on a horse since that horse show. My horse was sold due to my injury, and I went off cam for a while.

I sit in a strong wooden back chair most of the time with my bed behind me, and have a back support pillow for privates if I lay back. I can be on my bed if I am moving around so cam still works, but I have noticed the limits I have now that I am older.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Camigirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,559 Times in 3,647 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous camgirl View Post
    You ever tried fastt patches?? check it out.. I used them for my broken shoulder to heal faster and now I have another injury on my good shoulder and using them.. they work on really old injuries.. go to www.fasttpatch.com
    Will it bring back %20 of cartilage? I wish I knew about this prior!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to audritwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 351 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

I have moderate clinical depression (I'm not suicidal, nor have ever been, but there's been a lot of emotional pain) and a severe sleep disorder. Some days I may not be able to stay awake for even 12 hours even if I had 10+ hours of sleep the night before, other times I can lie awake for hours in bed and it will be 26-28 hours I've been awake for until I finally get to sleep. I also suffer from ongoing anxiety attacks. As you can imagine, this really interferes with having a full-time (or even fullish time) vanilla job, and I've often gotten reprimanded in the past for calling in sick too often.

It's gotten a lot better! I'm in therapy, and I take a sliver of xanax or ativan, with my sleep disorder I take half of a seroquel sometimes but I need to be certain that I can have 8 hours of rest before I take it. Sometimes meditation helps. Eating fruits, vegetables, meat, and dairy almost exclusively helps too, as with exercise. I see these things- therapy, medication, healthy living, meditation- not as a cure but as an aid. I've come to terms with the fact that I may never be 'cured' (I once thought that was possible) but that doesn't mean I can't try my best to have a healthy life!

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SaraLaughs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Not sure.. but if you go on the site and talk to the lady she will reply almost immediately... also I read a lot of testimonials all over the internet from different websites and amazon who sell these.

Quote Originally Posted by audritwo View Post
    Will it bring back %20 of cartilage? I wish I knew about this prior!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anonymous camgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,162 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I didn't realize at first that this thread was about chronic issues, which for me are ADD inattentive type, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, frequent blinding migraines, chronic mild anemia, and generally being sleepy and fatigued a lot. That all adds up to a perfect storm of not getting much done ever, but I'll talk about that some other day.

What I actually was hoping for help with at the moment is that I got a respiratory infection on 4/7. Despite taking a full round of antibiotics, I'm still having some symptoms, which the doctor said would resolve by itself. The problem is that I have a rasping, awful cough, the kind that some people get at the end of a cold or sickness. You know the one that feels like a tickle in your throat and just goes on and on? If I speak for more than a few minutes, or if I make orgasm noises, I end up in a terrible and unattractive coughing fit. I've tried taking OTC cough medicine plus an expectorant plus an allergy pill (just in case) plus nasal congestion stuff plus constantly eating cough drops. Even with all that crap, I can't stay online for any reasonable amount of time without having having to log off to cough like a pack-a-day smoker. Other than that, I'm not feeling too bad, but I feel like this cough is never going to end! How am I supposed to work like this?!

I've been working on other shit like crazy - social networking, returning emails, etc., but I really need to get online and make $$.
    Quote Originally Posted by temptingmodel
    "dont worry, its slow for other models today"
    I'm not other models, its not slow.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Magical_Hoohah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Ok go on www.herbdoc.com these are the most powerful herbs you ever took in your life.. buy lung tonic.. this will set you back a total of $28 bucks... it might make you cough to start expelling but this?? AMAZING!... I have been using all the tonics and superfood for over 1 decade now.. go there.. you will not regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical_Hoohah View Post
    I didn't realize at first that this thread was about chronic issues, which for me are ADD inattentive type, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, frequent blinding migraines, chronic mild anemia, and generally being sleepy and fatigued a lot. That all adds up to a perfect storm of not getting much done ever, but I'll talk about that some other day.

What I actually was hoping for help with at the moment is that I got a respiratory infection on 4/7. Despite taking a full round of antibiotics, I'm still having some symptoms, which the doctor said would resolve by itself. The problem is that I have a rasping, awful cough, the kind that some people get at the end of a cold or sickness. You know the one that feels like a tickle in your throat and just goes on and on? If I speak for more than a few minutes, or if I make orgasm noises, I end up in a terrible and unattractive coughing fit. I've tried taking OTC cough medicine plus an expectorant plus an allergy pill (just in case) plus nasal congestion stuff plus constantly eating cough drops. Even with all that crap, I can't stay online for any reasonable amount of time without having having to log off to cough like a pack-a-day smoker. Other than that, I'm not feeling too bad, but I feel like this cough is never going to end! How am I supposed to work like this?!

I've been working on other shit like crazy - social networking, returning emails, etc., but I really need to get online and make $$.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anonymous camgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,641 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I have anxiety/panic attacks. I had been doing well but today a major panic attack came out of the blue and bitch slapped me. It's hard to cam during or right after one since I feel sick and tired. I think I might need to go back on meds for them I also have stupid allergies and barometric pressure headaches that were diagnosed recently.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JaneBurgess For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 327 Posts

Thumbs up Re: The 'Sick Girls' Camming Club

Gosh, my heart really goes out to the ladies dealing with the anxiety and depression. I have both and take paxil which helps with the anxiety and a bit with the depression but a side effect of paxil is that is zaps all motivation from me.
    I can sleep 12hrs in a day and can at night. I'm soooo grateful
    For camming because it gives me an income.
    Its a battle to stick to a schedule.
    Kudos to all ours can girls as we fight our demons and live to can another day
    Loves to all!!

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sweetandnaughty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,742 Times in 6,810 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Totally agree with this. I think a lot of outsiders look at members of this industry and think that we're stupid for not working constantly, they think that if we were smart we'd be working 50 hours a week minimum every week and stacking as much money as possible but they don't realize that this isn't mindless work that you can just effortlessly plug away at. We are performers; and just like with any kind of performer when we don't feel great our performance suffers and that can cost us bigtime. The product that we are selling is ourselves and like you said, if you're not in the right mindset that can be very hard to do if not impossible. I always say that the number 1 thing I don't like about this type of work is the fact that I can't do it as often as I would like since pulling a shift requires being in the right headspace.
    Senior Sales Executive for BlueChew

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast