Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Project Maenad LAUNCHED! Secure file-sharing for camgirls!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 621 Posts

Default Re: Project Maenad LAUNCHED! Secure file-sharing for camgirls!

oh, you can still use Project Maenad, you just can't offer videos from there on Streamate anymore. I'm going to keep storing my videos on PM too. I like the site and they've always been helpful for support

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JessRyan For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

This is great! Thank you for making this site!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BellaKitty_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,523 Times in 545 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

I heard back from Liz and PM is definitely fine to use on Streamate! As long as you don't have any outside contact info in your profile or the comments section on your link anyway. She is adding a note to my profile so that other support members don't accidentally ban me for using it, so it's probably a good idea to contact her about it if you're a SM girl.

I almost cried I was so happy when I heard from her. Mediafire had been causing me nothing but trouble and their support team was ignoring me for a week or more at a time. So happy to be back to PM!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scarlettbelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettbelle View Post
    I heard back from Liz and PM is definitely fine to use on Streamate! As long as you don't have any outside contact info in your profile or the comments section on your link anyway. She is adding a note to my profile so that other support members don't accidentally ban me for using it, so it's probably a good idea to contact her about it if you're a SM girl.

I almost cried I was so happy when I heard from her. Mediafire had been causing me nothing but trouble and their support team was ignoring me for a week or more at a time. So happy to be back to PM!

I use PM without an issue. I mean, no one has said anything about it. I am careful to make sure each link can only be downloaded once though, because I was noticing there were more downloads on videos I was sending and I thought customers were passing them around. When I started making sure they could only be downloaded once every once and a while one will be downloaded before a customer can get to it. Support is the only other person with access to that link... which seems shady as fuck to me.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oCURIOUSo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,920 Times in 5,317 Posts
    My Mood
    Hot

[QUOTE=scarlettbelle;2795374]I heard back from Liz and PM is definitely fine to use on Streamate! As long as you don't have any outside contact info in your profile or the comments section on your link anyway. She is adding a note to my profile so that other support members don't accidentally ban me for using it, so it's probably a good idea to contact her about it if you're a SM girl.

Liz gave me the ok in an email a few weeks ago...Do I have to email her again and request that she add that to my profile? Thankx

"NEVER CAST YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

@oCURIOUSo I'd been using it without issue as well, but there was at least one model on here who was suspended for using them, which caused a minor uproar a few weeks ago. I'm 90% sure the issue was that she had outside contact info in her PM profile though.

When I originally asked Liz about it she was vague and appeared to be telling me NOT to use PM so I went back to godforsaken mediafire for a few weeks (this was in the midst of all the glitches and bonus week craziness so I'm sure she was WAY too busy to spend much time on my question). I'm glad I reached out to her again now that things are somewhat back to normal.

@Glamourmilf You're probably fine since she gave you the ok, but you may want to ask her about adding a note just in case. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy paranoid, which is why she offered that to me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scarlettbelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettbelle View Post
    @oCURIOUSo I'd been using it without issue as well, but there was at least one model on here who was suspended for using them, which caused a minor uproar a few weeks ago. I'm 90% sure the issue was that she had outside contact info in her PM profile though.

When I originally asked Liz about it she was vague and appeared to be telling me NOT to use PM so I went back to godforsaken mediafire for a few weeks (this was in the midst of all the glitches and bonus week craziness so I'm sure she was WAY too busy to spend much time on my question). I'm glad I reached out to her again now that things are somewhat back to normal.

@Glamourmilf You're probably fine since she gave you the ok, but you may want to ask her about adding a note just in case. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy paranoid, which is why she offered that to me.
    If SM is going to let us use PM they have no authority to dictate what we share on that profile. If they want to forbid it because a customer might go poking around and find your twitter or cam model store, fine. But banning or suspending us for using a site THEY approved because we used all of its features is more than a little ridiculous.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oCURIOUSo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,615 Times in 4,094 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by oCURIOUSo View Post
    If SM is going to let us use PM they have no authority to dictate what we share on that profile. If they want to forbid it because a customer might go poking around and find your twitter or cam model store, fine. But banning or suspending us for using a site THEY approved because we used all of its features is more than a little ridiculous.
    Sadly, suspending girls for ridiculous reasons has been Streamates M.O in the past. :/

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justanothercamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,367 Times in 2,795 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

Out of all the camsites I've tried: SM, Cams, MFC, CB, Xlovecam, Zebracams and LJ...I found SM/MFC to be the most forgiving. I almost break SM rules all the time, (I hope I don't jinx it), by mentioning my website and social media in creative ways like using sign language and lawn signs in the background LOL. I was banned off CB for uncorking a bottle and drinking--Snowy said that might have been a jelly model. Banned off Xlovecam for 48 hours for mentioning Twitter. Banned off LJ for not having 4K pictures and video, LOL, OK I'm exaggerating.
    Don't Buy Fake Followers, Protect Your Identity, Get REAL Social Media Growth, Become an Influencer

Want to learn how to splitcam on multiple sites at the same time?
    See my step by step YouTube vid!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hyori For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks scarlettbelle! This is great news.

We've just added a "Hide Profile Links" checkbox when creating or editing a link. If you check it, the link page won't show links to your profile. This should keep Streamate happy.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LinaTsunami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

^^^That's awesome!! Thank you

22. The Following User Says Thank You to scarlettbelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,211 Times in 2,309 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I have been using Project Maenad for about a week but I already love it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LinaTsunami View Post

We've just added a "Hide Profile Links" checkbox when creating or editing a link. If you check it, the link page won't show links to your profile. This should keep Streamate happy.
    I noticed that! Nice touch. ;-) so I cleaned up my PM stuff and I've started using it again with Streamate. But my question is this, what do you girls do when a guy messages you back asking for the link to be re-sent. For whatever excuse he has. I make sure they only have one download, but a few times a guy comes back asking again because of, whatever reason. It's a headache, how do you deal with that?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JessRyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 1,865 Posts
    My Mood
    Bored

Quote Originally Posted by JessRyan View Post
    I noticed that! Nice touch. ;-) so I cleaned up my PM stuff and I've started using it again with Streamate. But my question is this, what do you girls do when a guy messages you back asking for the link to be re-sent. For whatever excuse he has. I make sure they only have one download, but a few times a guy comes back asking again because of, whatever reason. It's a headache, how do you deal with that?
    I've never had that happen, but if I did I would simply tell them it's a one time download. If it's showing that they downloaded it I'd tell them they have to purchase it again if they want a 2nd download.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SoloDesire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,374 Times in 797 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by JessRyan View Post
    Sometimes when guys say that it is legit not downloading (but of course how do you know?) I always tell them to try it in another browser and that generally fixes the problem for the guys who are legit. I never re-send unless it's a reg... I tell them the cam gods must have wanted them to pay more for such a pristine video

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvyAdams For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,367 Times in 2,795 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

I let them have a maximum of 2 downloads. Never had an issue with guys asking for another one.
    Don't Buy Fake Followers, Protect Your Identity, Get REAL Social Media Growth, Become an Influencer

Want to learn how to splitcam on multiple sites at the same time?
    See my step by step YouTube vid!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hyori For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,364 Times in 4,758 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by LinaTsunami View Post

I always have it set for two downloads. One for the phone and another for whatever device they want PC Mac whatever. Sometimes devices don't always link up for whatever reason. I figured allowing 2 downloads will make things a bit easier for them.

Also when are you guys at Project Maenad gonna start adding tribute buttons to your site? I know you are working on securing the payment processor. But in the meantime the service is just too good to not receive contributions.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks for the input girls. Glad to be using PM again.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to JessRyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Project Maenad can tell when a download was attempted, but not that it completed successfully. Some of these files are many gigabytes and take a while to download. If a customer's internet connection glitches during the download, that'll still look like a download to the system.

Customers occasionally contact Project Maenad support about this. When they do, we check their IP address against the IP address that tried to download the file. If they're the same, and they're asking about it soon after they attempted the download, we've regarded that as a legitimate failed download. Then we reset the download counter, enabling one more download attempt. This happens a few times a month (out of over ten thousand downloads a month).

I hope that seems sensible to you all? We can change that process if you don't like it.
    Last edited by LinaTsunami; 09-04-2015 at 02:28 AM.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LinaTsunami For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Our developers are currently on a special retreat to work intensively on payment processing. We've made some bad predictions about when it'll be ready before, so we'll not try to guess at a release date. But I'm hearing that they're making great progress, and that it's not far off.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to LinaTsunami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,645 Times in 1,311 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by hyori View Post
    mentioning my website and social media in creative ways like using sign language and lawn signs in the background LOL.
    Name:  oe5J4DK.gif
Views: 362
Size:  270.2 KB

Side note about the cb drinking/jealous model: it is against their ToS, but the only way you get banned (and not just a warning) is if a site admin sees it. Otherwise they just send you a warning until they investigate it.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Joining this site today, thank you so much for building a site just for us to use!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Missjayne77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,645 Times in 1,311 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Shout out to Project Maenad! You have no idea how much this service has saved my ass thus far.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Has any other Mac users had issues with creating a link since the El Capitan update? The drop down menus don't load properly for me.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 Times in 709 Posts

I just checked. Drop down menus look a little strange but worked. I used Chrome.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast