Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you define your niche as a camgirl?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,147 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Default How do you define your niche as a camgirl?

Hey everyone

I have another question for all of you, especially those girls who work on MFC. How do you go about defining your niche as a camgirl? I'm asking this because I have what I consider to be a very general skill set, I pole dance, chair dance and can do great things with my mouth, but I am not sure that this particularly sets me apart from other girls who can do the same. What can you create a niche out of? What has and is currently working for you? I'm asking this about MFC specifically because it seems to be very important there and not so much elsewhere.

Would love any feedback.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Default Re: How do you define your niche as a camgirl?

I use about the same hustle on MFC as I do on CB, so I've gotta say
    BE YOURSELF.
    Especially if you have your newbie status still, guys who think you fit their niche WILL find you.

It's like you're asking what makes you especially You. It's not something you can just pull out of your ass.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AliceBBW For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,399 Times in 1,246 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

This is actually extremely important on all kinds of other site. All cam sites are in some way niche. You're Ebony? There's a niche you can play with. Redhead? There's another niche! Have some latex outfits that happen to fit? There's a niche to try. Anal with large toys? You bet your sweet (and probably slightly gaping) ass that's a niche!! Clip sites for instance are very very niche specific.

That being said, you don't pick your niche, the niche chooses you. I get told I have amazing feet/toes all the time IRL... I can never seem to sell foot clips though! When I'm camming, if I put myself under the ebony category I have a really hard time attracting customers because I'm mixed and "Act too White" (whatever that means!). I did a coughing fetish clip for the hell of it when I had a cold and made $100 off it... you never know what will strike someone's fancy until you try it.

Above all, stick to your persona. It'll attract people regardless of what it is. From queen bitch-submissive sweetheart and everything in between, there are always pervs that will think you're perfect.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Blog Entries

Having a cup size in the second half of the alphabet always established my 'niche' !

Thanks
    Thanked 19,362 Times in 3,630 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

I tested out niches. Whatever seemed to work to most, I kept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audritwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

The customers Guided me into my Niche a niche i did not know very well at all,and now loving it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROSIECAM For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member TransdimensionalPrincess's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 331 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by ROSIECAM View Post
    The customers Guided me into my Niche a niche i did not know very well at all,and now loving it.
    This has been my experience with the new niche i'm trying out.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,100 Times in 1,055 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

On every camsite it is important to have an niche; to stand out and to be able to offer something special. I dont work mfc, maybe I am wrong about it, but to me is seems like mfc is more about personality instead of just skills/niche (sure it can add! but it more about showing who you are and be engaging/entertaining when you do).

I tend to think for on example sm the niche is more of a deal than for example mfc, bec you advertise with it in free chat to win them over, while on mfc you can play games/raffles/add things that matches youre personality but you cant go to far and change youre whole character up for a day/houre and get back to the other one/ you have to be more consistent??...
    Let me know mfc girls if I am wrong, bec obviously I dont work there, but I did watch girls there and checked the site out

While on for example sm, you can change from session to session, to whoever the custy wants you to be (dom, sub, sweetheart next door,bimbo, bitchy girlfriend etc.) some will fit you and some wont, you can try out the things custies ask from you ( when not crossing boundaries, and see if it is something that you can specialies in).

Just have fun and experiment, the customers will find youre niche for you if you let them; be willing to do new things and dont be afraid to fail, just go with it. You will find what fits you best by just trying out and keep improving youre shows everytime a customer asks about a certain niche show (by taking youre past experiences with you and add something new to try out if it works out... The funny thing is that a lot of for example fetish custies share in general a lot of the same interestings when asking about a certain fetish)
    You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want - Zig Ziglar

"Be thankful for the troubles of your job. They provide about half your income Robert R. Updegraff

OVERALL Process Money 24 jan - 21 june (Update: 5 march)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 598 Posts

I thought I was gonna be a total domme when I started out, turns out, I excel at being the super sweet nice girl.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MellyMay For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My niche is big natural boobs, redhead, hairy and champion beer guzzling!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GracieBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

I spent so much time watching other girls on MFC whilst learning from them and I noticed that around 90% of the girls didn't have a niche but they brought aspects of their own life hobbies and likes into their camming.

The likes of edit does cosplay and that's her niche, edit is a pinup that's her niche, edit is a non nude goof kinda girl next door and some girls (but rare) have domming as their niche and very much into the BDSM side of things.
    In my opinion having a niche isn't always a good thing because it limits your Audience, where as being yourself but bringing aspects of your own skills into your camming now and then is a good thing.

I have watched some very talented girls who play Instruments (edits) I have watch girls sing, dance, gaming, gambling etc

My biggest interest is Poker, so I based my groups on my profile to join around Poker themes. I ocassionaly played games in my room that we're poker related. It appealed the gambling man.

What advice I would give you though is whatever niche you decide to settle with or to implement, stick to it! Some girls will be rock chic 2 nights, girl next door cutsey the following 2 nights and gamer the following nights. It won't build regulars because your not being a consistent character. So what your aim is to build a character who has this kind of personality, who is into these kind of things etc

I hope that makes sense, I am shit at explaining what I mean lol
    Last edited by loveshooks; 05-13-2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: no names policy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROSIECAM View Post
    SO MUCH THIS. I had intended to be kind of sultry, sexy, lingerie, stockings...well, turns out that my no-makeup look (I was too tired to bother) was a MUCH bigger hit, and now I cam in whatever panties I feel like and a Tshirt with no bra and guys dig the "natural" and "not trying" look. Not what I thought would sell, but that's how they liked me, so I just rolled with it!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bootsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 915 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

^^^ On which site pls? Cause my niche is the one u wanted to try at 1st

Thanks
    Thanked 20,312 Times in 3,348 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GracieBlue View Post
    My niche is big natural boobs, redhead, hairy and champion beer guzzling!
    L

I might have to battle it out with you on the beer guzzling. LOL

My advice is to lighten up. Don't worry to much about niches on cam. Have fun when on cam. Men will tell you what they like, if you are into it go for it. If you aren't then say the exact opposite & they will leave.

Everyday is a new day to perfect your hustle. Everyday can be a new adventure & you may discover each niche without even knowing that it was fun or in you to do. Somethings just develop naturally. Thing is to be more open to the experience & have fun.

I started out being sweet & having good manners, that didn't work for me. Now I am a smart ass bitch.. which I LOVE! And makes me the most money. If you are having fun then most of the time so will they. If you force it & doesn't feel right to you then it won't to them either.

Don't get so hung up on details that you lose out on being you & having fun with this job. Then it will become more of a chore & thus won't make you money. It is an ever evolving & changing endeavor.

Good Luck,
    Sam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post

I might have to battle it out with you on the beer guzzling. LOL
    Name:  cheers_leonardo_dicaprio.gif
Views: 1157
Size:  914.9 KB

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GracieBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,725 Times in 3,828 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

I believe your niche is chosen for you. It's very easy to categorize ones self when customers are making it quite plain and simple by requests. For example, I'm a woman of color who happens to be fat with big tits, a curvy figure, and a bitch face. Therefore my niches are mainly bbw, ebony, big tits, findom, femdom, cuckold, and the list goes on. The same can go for a thin blonde who has a babyface and no breasts. She would do well in the teen niche.

Looking for a motivational money or hourly based challenge?
    Join The Winter/Spring Hustler's Challenge
    Believe In Your Brand
    Jan, 24th, 2017 - June, 21st. 2017

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,332 Times in 589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kortneykay View Post
    I believe your niche is chosen for you. It's very easy to categorize ones self when customers are making it quite plain and simple by requests. For example, I'm a woman of color who happens to be fat with big tits, a curvy figure, and a bitch face. Therefore my niches are mainly bbw, ebony, big tits, findom, femdom, cuckold, and the list goes on. The same can go for a thin blonde who has a babyface and no breasts. She would do well in the teen niche.
    Yeah I agree with this. Your niche can be chosen fairly easy by appearance. For example
    I am: white, heavily tattooed, pierced, BBW, alternative. You can also choose niche by talents/features: anal, dominatrix, large insertions, deep throat etc

Maybe make a list of all of your attributes/talents and choose the strongest ones to find your niche my primary niche would be tattooed and BBW, so I am in the BBW category. But I do have other talents so make sure you get guys to tag you (if on SM) so you're searchable by, "sub-niche" if that makes sense to say.
    I apologize if some of this has been said, I am half asleep and didn't read all of the other replies :p

♥♥♥
    ♥♥♥♥♥
    Follow me on Twitter @LaceyAlanaXXX

Tumblr: LaceyAlanaXXX.tumblr.com
    ♥♥♥♥♥
    ♥♥♥

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TattooedBBW For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My niche is big natural boobs, redhead, hairy and champion beer guzzling
    Switch out beer for BBW and that's me.

I started out being sweet & having good manners, that didn't work for me. Now I am a smart ass bitch.. which I LOVE! And makes me the most money. If you are having fun then most of the time so will they. If you force it & doesn't feel right to you then it won't to them either.
    Yep! I'm naturally a smart ass; very sarcastic and snarky, while also being funny and guys love it. The super sexy or dumb bimbo act doesn't work for me, because it feels fake.

I am still working out what fetishes work for me, but it turns out I am a pro at role-playing. Which makes sense, since I always loved my acting classes in school.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jinja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AliceFun View Post
    ^^^ On which site pls? Cause my niche is the one u wanted to try at 1st
    I bombed on SM as sexy and sultry, did middling as "natural" there, and now I do well on MFC as my "natural" self.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bootsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 642 Posts

Mine picked me. I'm always a domme. I have zero personal interest in BDSM but that's what everybody wants from me. It annoyed the hell out of me in the beginning but what am I going to do? Turn away the money? LOL

I just went with it. Read a lot about it, got plenty of practice and now I'm pretty good at it but it's so boring to me. I kind of envy the girls who can do the nerdy or natural thing and make money off it. I'm just not one of them. Shoot, I can be wearing a cheerleading outfit with anime kitty cat ears and a collar and all pink and girly colors and giggle and I still get, "Hello Mistress, how may I serve you?"

Frikkin' annoying.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to MarvelGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm still very new, but my 3 days on MFC so far have shown me what members like about me and what things I should exaggerate. I get called "adorable" more often than hot, sexy, etc. and I guess I give off a "goody-goody" vibe. Members like to feel like they're corrupting a "good girl". So I'm going with it, and having a lot of fun!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 915 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
    I bombed on SM as sexy and sultry, did middling as "natural" there, and now I do well on MFC as my "natural" self.
    Thanks, it makes sense, i work SM & i always wear my sexy stuff, make up & hair done (nothing big but i look 'put together') this is my style & cant be different than that that's why MFC wont suit me. Young girls can 'afford' to be all natural, when u get older u need to hide the age & body changes . Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,296 Times in 4,091 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

More jewels of wisdom from the archives.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 Times in 2,556 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

This may not be the right thread but can the age you put on ur profile effect the kind of people that get attracted to you and ur niche what they expect of you ? I have a baby face (I'm 30 but look 20 - My icon photo was taken like 4 months ago) I've been thru a lot of shit I take no shit im very sarcastic witty smart and a bit ruff around the edges and when I act like myself it turns people off . I sort of feel like I'm having an identity crisis of sorts If i act like what i think they expect of me (a cute sweet stupid ditz) then i get cheap ppl in my room who dont respect me ( ask me to lower my rates haggle with my tip menu) or ppl who just come into my room to talk to me and feel like they dont have to spend any money on me . When I act assertive and try to hold my own I get called " a bitch" " camwhore" "gold digger" etc . My looks and my personalty are polar oppisites from each other . I hate acting like a bimbo and when i do it i know it comes off fake AF but if Im me I make even less money then I do if i act sweet and nice all the time. Im a really nice person when I feel like Im being valued and respected but when i put my foot down thats when things get bad and ppl get turned off and either leave my room or insult me on the way out the door .
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Are you assertive about being mean? That was my issue at first- I wasn't assertive enough. I'll be honest my attitude does clear out my chat rooms across many sites but these days I really don't give a fuck. The only thing I can say is don't be a total bitch to some random new dude you never seen before in your chat and he just got in there. If it's repeat freeloaders fuck em they can rot in the worst hell.

When I just started I was mostly vanilla. These days I still do vanilla but a hell of a lot less. Do you advertise on your profiles that you do fetish shows? Get the point across that you want fuckboys that acknowledge they are total fuckboys.

And ban ban ban.

I think domming is less if you look stereotypical- I don't have that look. It's more about your eyes or mouth. And the attitude like you aren't impressed by their stupid bullshit. It really helps if you truly fucking hate these guys. My hate, extreme disgust for these losers, and my anger/annoyance fuels a lot of my shows. Not healthy-but I don't think I'll be "full-timing" (tho I'm not really ft) cam much longer.

Can you practice the evil smile, cruel laugh, and the dead eyes or mean looking. Also your I'm not impressed look. But it also comes very naturally for me.

I also have the sweet innocent look, but I have been told over and over I have an evil smile (when I have a real smile on my face).

I'm probably a very average earner though. I think it would be hard to be a top earner on a big box site if you do not actually like 99% of men on cam sites one fucking bit..
    Last edited by maddiebabe; 07-09-2017 at 05:06 PM.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to maddiebabe For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast