Thread: Newbie in London! Any advice?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Default Newbie in London! Any advice?

Hello ladies! i have already 3 months since i'm thinking about starting to strip and now i give to myself time till the end of the month to move my scared butt for a first audition. i was thinking about Strings but i don't know if is a good idea for a newbie any advices where i should try first? i wouldn't go for pubs at begging . thank you so much and good luck for "rich" nights to all of you xx

Thanks

Default Re: Newbie in London! Any advice?

To be honest, unless you have tons of self confidence, a very think skin and are as pushy as hell, I wouldn't go to Strings as my first club. I'd also avoid Spearmint and Platinum Lace.
    You might find that jumping in at the deep end works for you, but I couldn't have handled any of those clubs when I was brand new, and I try to avoid them now unless I'm just stuck one night and need a place to work.

The audition process at Mayfair club is fairly gentle, and although I chose not to work there, other girls have told me good things about it. Sophisticats is a nice place to work too, and not bitchy. Quite a good standard of customers too.

I wouldn't write off the pubs though, as they are very friendly and helpful when you're new, and they never have more than 12-14 girls on, so there's much less competition. The customers are pretty nice and you'll always make your house fee back just from stage tips, so your private dance money is yours to keep. The girls in pubs tend not to be very hardcore at hustling either, which means you'll clean up if you have any conversation in you beyond "wanna dance?".
    I'd recommend at least going in and taking a look.

Good luck with wherever you decide to go, and come back and tell us about your audition!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkiePie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry, just realised you sent me a message too! I hope I've answered you here, but if not, feel free to ask me more questions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkiePie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 1,564 Posts

Hey girl,

Well as a newbie in London I would strongly suggest staying away from the 'super clubs' like Stringfellows and Spearmint Rhino. They are very tough places to make money... I can't even describe what sharks these ladies are. I am thinking of going back to Stringfellows in October, but they were the 2nd club I worked at and I didn't even last 2 full shifts and I've been dancing for 5 years. And just FYI, the girls there are perfect tens and bitches.

I would stay to the pubs... not sure why you think you'r begging for money there? Or the other clubs that Pinkie mentioned, I've worked there was well and they're pretty good places for a newbie in London. Dancing here is very different than anywhere else.

Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to audrey_k For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,786 Times in 2,656 Posts

Check out the ongoing UK thread: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...-The-UK-thread It has a lot of information on London clubs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shanna dior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Thank you for replies and advices girls. Now i am thinking to try Sophisticats but i still have 2-3 weeks to make up my mind. Audrey let us know how is going to strings if u go back..al the best and good luck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Sorry i wanted to write beginning not begging

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 1,564 Posts

Sorry I just saw you sent me a message.. dunno I can still respond to those personal chat things hours later. I won't be going back to stripping until mid-October because I just got a breast augmentation, but if I do, Stringfellows won't be my first choice, I really want to be at one of the pubs, it's just very hard to get hired because sometimes those places will go six months + without hiring any new girls (they just don't believe in overpacking their clubs with dancers). I'm more just curious to see if my hustle has improved and if my enhancements (E boobies) and physical improvements (dieting right now, went from the much hated ginger to brunette, have improved my gown and dress selection) will lead to me getting more money,

They are very strict there about what you wear and how you look, they have this weird thing about you wearing particular thongs, and they will have no problem with harshly criticizing you, telling you to change something, etc even after they hire you. And getting hiring it not a walk in the park, I think 7 girls auditioned with me, all gorgeous, and they took me and one other girl. I was so sure they weren't going to hire me, and it was such a nerve racking audition, I had to audition for 1 house mum + 2 male managers and a bunch of strippers were just sitting around bored.

But like Shanna said, read through the UK Thread there's a LOT more info there, I left a pretty detailed review after my first shift at Stringfellows it's just been so long I can't remember everything.
    Last edited by audrey_k; 09-13-2014 at 02:04 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to audrey_k For This Useful Post: