Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Just stay the fuck on" thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 438 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Reminder The "Just stay the fuck on" thread.

My motto lately has been "just stay the fuck on". I've been trying to be consistent with my earnings each week and have a set amount each day I need to make to reach those goals. Days where I could have easily logged off and posted in the "camming sucks" thread turned into a "camming rocks" because even though at some points during the day I would have rather stabbed myself in the foot with a rusty fork than stayed on cam, I did until I met my goal and camming rocked that day because of it.

When I first started camming I read like crazy on this forum and saw a lot of girls who log off for the day if it's slow. I took that advice a little bit too far and as soon as things would slow down I would log off for the day and I did that consistently. It wasn't until recently that I realized in order for me to be successful at this business I need to put in the hours and be consistent that way. I'm all for taking a 15 minute break every couple of hours to recoup... but no more giving up for the day mid goal. I realized that the only thing keeping me from reaching my financial goals is me.

I thought it might be fun to start a thread with the motto. It's a bit of a combination of the "camming sucks right now" and "camming rocks right now" threads.

For example this is how my day went:

"Camming was slow and miserable this morning but I just stayed the fuck on and ended up getting 3 nice long exclusive sessions and made my goal early. Time for ice cream and netflix for a few hours before bed"

Post yours and let's encourage each other to just stay the fuck on lol
    Last edited by smaddy; 12-13-2014 at 12:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,720 Times in 3,824 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

Default Re: The "Just stay the fuck on" thread.

Love this. I've adopted this as well lately. I have a ton of snacks prepared and will be watching amazon prime on closed caption I'll report back tomorrow!

Looking for a motivational money or hourly based challenge?
    Join The Winter/Spring Hustler's Challenge
    Believe In Your Brand
    Jan, 24th, 2017 - June, 21st. 2017

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 314 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

The last few weeks have been the weeks I've done this. I gotta admit, I'm probably on like, page 8 at this point, because for weeks and weeks I only cammed about 5-10 hours.

Tonight has been the most trying night so far ($6 in 2 hours, just gag me. Please). I'm staying the fuck on to make the $40 I set out to make tonight. Someone, SOMEONE, out there, must want to take me exclusive.

Thanks for making this thread Smaddy. Hold strong together, ladies.
    G-spot rocks the G-spot.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SaraLaughs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,003 Times in 950 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Love love this thread! I am joining.

Your Camming Bookmarks!
    http://bit.ly/cammingbookmarks

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 314 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Update: I stayed the fuck on and in the last hour and a half and I ended up making $70, which I know is chump change to some, but after 2 and a half hours of complete crickets, STAYING THE FUCK ON paid off.

And now I get to buy everyone the Christmas presents I swore to myself I would buy for them. 10/10, would endorse it again.
    G-spot rocks the G-spot.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 691 Posts

My thing is GET ON AND STAY ON! I logged on an hour late today (oops...) although I usually take Saturday off, because it was a tough week for me so I needed to make up the $$. First half hour...nothing. Not even crickets! Second half hour, a few minute men, lots of 29 second losers. Considered logging off. Hung on, and didn't log off until I made my goal. If I'd given up after the first hour (which I really, really, really, really wanted to do, and used to do all the time) I would have made 16% of my goal. Instead I made 114%. Hurrah!

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,430 Times in 981 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Smiley Re: The "Just stay the fuck on" thread.

Im game for this too! I keep reaching these low points where I just want to log out so I took KK idea and put a vid on prime that I can turn on when I want off! I have also added "Stay the fuck out of other models rooms!" I started doing this about 2 weeks ago and its huge stress relief once you stop perving on everyone else. I mean lets face it once you are past the newbie stage the only reason to check on other girls is to compare and that is just a set up for failure.

Now I just need to get the fuck on

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeepThoughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 471 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

"Just stay the fuck on."
    Greatest quote towards this job.

I Can't express how many times I lose motivation while online when nothing's happening. Usually I'll log off after 1.5 of extreme nothing, give myself a short break, and go back online.
    Almost ALWAYS, I'll hit either close to goal, goal, or surpass it.

Prime example: Wednesday.
    I was on for two hours, and had made $3.00
    Decided to log off for twenty minutes, relaxed myself, and went back on.

Once I was almost at goal after another two hours, someone requested a private which..was awesome.

These things happen more often then not when you just suck it up and deal with it. Patience is virtue.

#thanksforthisthread
    Follow me on twitter:
    www.twitter.com/lilylolypopz

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LilyAnderson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In my case, the problem is to LOG THE FUCK ON lol
    But this thread is gold, I'm adopting this motto

Thanks
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 915 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

I really have a dilemma, me and my friend discussed last eve about this exactly, what is best to do, stay on even its dead/ very slow or log off after a few hrs when u see u not making the money? SM has a specific algorithm, it can affect u in the long run if u stay on & u not making money, we talk about the placement, % in paid, ranking & such, is like a hidden cam score.

The question now, what is best to do, log off to save 'camscore' or stay on and risk to sink even more? What are the chances to make money after a few hrs of not making money?
    For me personally is like this: if a shift starts slow i know it will continue to be slow, if it starts good i know is going to be good for a while then eventually slow down. Now i only work about 4 hrs shifts so i dont know what it means to have a slow shift at start and then get business later on, i dont stay on long enough to catch the change.
    I read the motto "Stay the fuck on" but on what sites u apply the strategy pls? On any site?! Cause i read recently how a model from here said it affected her business to just work very long hrs & her placement sunk even more than expected cause she wanted to go up actually but the method was not working, the long hrs on cam were not helping on SM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AliceFun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 358 Posts

I actually made a sign and placed it behind my monitor saying just that. I also made one saying " The next whale could be logging on right now, Stay positive" , but at the same time it's hard to stay motivated when my time in paid chat drops to single digits. =/

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AnotherLily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,129 Times in 1,134 Posts

This is so true!! It's probably my worst habit. I try to aim for 4-6 hours per day, but usually don't work more than 3 because it gets slow and I get frustrated and feel like I'm wasting my time. As a result I usually don't make anything near my goal. I need to cut this shit out! =/

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Smurfette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by AliceFun View Post
    I really have a dilemma, me and my friend discussed last eve about this exactly, what is best to do, stay on even its dead/ very slow or log off after a few hrs when u see u not making the money? SM has a specific algorithm, it can affect u in the long run if u stay on & u not making money, we talk about the placement, % in paid, ranking & such, is like a hidden cam score.

The question now, what is best to do, log off to save 'camscore' or stay on and risk to sink even more? What are the chances to make money after a few hrs of not making money?
    For me personally is like this: if a shift starts slow i know it will continue to be slow, if it starts good i know is going to be good for a while then eventually slow down. Now i only work about 4 hrs shifts so i dont know what it means to have a slow shift at start and then get business later on, i dont stay on long enough to catch the change.
    I read the motto "Stay the fuck on" but on what sites u apply the strategy pls? On any site?! Cause i read recently how a model from here said it affected her business to just work very long hrs & her placement sunk even more than expected cause she wanted to go up actually but the method was not working, the long hrs on cam were not helping on SM.
    I worry about this, too, but we have.. you know, bills? I want to stay on longer, but I always worry about sinking my placement more if it gets so slow and made barely anything. I would like to see others who do stay on for hours and hours and still are fine with their placement. I want that secret. haha.

Your Camming Bookmarks!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think that time in free chat really does have a significant weight on our placement, like in my mind...it even has more of an effect than does total amount earned. I play with stuff alot, lower prices (never lower than 3.99 yet) higher prices (up to my max which is 9.99). Time in free chat hit me harder than hourly earnings at any rate combination.

BUT with that said, I have a set amount I HAVE to earn to pay bills and live life. Then I have times my income needs to be bigger (Christmas, kids school clothes, daughter's tuition) and it seems like I always need more. So with all that being said, I adopted this stay the fuck on attitude also. When I work..it is always six hours, straight or broken up, six hours at least a day. Constantly spamming the room with "favorite me" reminders. My customers always find me now. My placement JUMPS like crazy up and down, but my hourly remains enough that I just work now. It also allows me days off, which I feel is needed at least sometimes. Also, if I always work six hours, my hours stay consistent enough that no apparent jump in hours in noticeable on the My Ranking report.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sweetgapeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 848 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

This has been my motto lately too. In fact, I've stopped setting daily money goals. Instead I've set a goal of 8 hours a day 6 days a week. If I can do that consistently my bills will get paid and there will be play money left over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    And keep at it. Get up, put on your make up, and sign on. With every second you're online comes the possibility of your next big spender. A customer could show up who will spend enough to make up for all the bad days and then some. You just have to be around for him and working multiple sites increases the chances of him finding you.

~No Love, All Hustle~

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Staples For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,405 Times in 3,439 Posts

When I worked a long long shift this week on Streamate I checked my placement and was shocked to see I dropped back 2 pages when I am usually on the front page. Part of that I think was because there were double the usual number of hosts online.

I was very surprised to find that I still made my usual amount of money, so that convinced me to quit worrying about placement and just put in the hours.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

I quit worrying about my placement on SM. when I'm on the first page I usually make very very little money. When I'm back on page 2 I usually have a good night. KinkLive doesn't really have "placement" because there are usually only 30 models on tops and usually it's more like 15.

KinkLive is a lot of waiting but I've found out that if I wait it's so worth it.
    And keep at it. Get up, put on your make up, and sign on. With every second you're online comes the possibility of your next big spender. A customer could show up who will spend enough to make up for all the bad days and then some. You just have to be around for him and working multiple sites increases the chances of him finding you.

~No Love, All Hustle~

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Staples For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I need to invest on more fetish stuff for Kinklive. I fucking regret for giving away my crazy fetish stuff long ago, way before I ever thought of becoming a camgirl. lol.

What do they ask for the most of time? Ropes, pins? Hope you don't mind telling us. I have clear clothespins for my tits and guys love em!

Your Camming Bookmarks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

I actually get a lot of vanilla maturation stuff. But yeah a lot of rope, a lot of clothes pins. I also get a lot of spanking requests. A lot of daddies girl requests. Not my thing but a lot of guys want it. Also a lot of feet guys.

~No Love, All Hustle~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

MMM cool. I suck at making the menus. haha. I definitely need to get back on kink for the awesome cut.

Your Camming Bookmarks!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,720 Times in 3,824 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

I ended staying on until 7am this morning and passing out. Slept 6 hours and I'm thinking about going back on before cut off but I think I'll catch up on some much needed rest. I'm going to keep hustling every day though like I have been. By me staying on longer I averaged $80 an hour so I'm thankful for this thread!

Looking for a motivational money or hourly based challenge?
    Join The Winter/Spring Hustler's Challenge
    Believe In Your Brand
    Jan, 24th, 2017 - June, 21st. 2017

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
    My thing is GET ON AND STAY ON! I logged on an hour late today (oops...) although I usually take Saturday off, because it was a tough week for me so I needed to make up the $$. First half hour...nothing. Not even crickets! Second half hour, a few minute men, lots of 29 second losers. Considered logging off. Hung on, and didn't log off until I made my goal. If I'd given up after the first hour (which I really, really, really, really wanted to do, and used to do all the time) I would have made 16% of my goal. Instead I made 114%. Hurrah!
    Um yeah, count me in... I'm gonna write that "GET ON & STAY ON" on my whiteboard RIGHT NOW, lol
    Wonderful thread, thanks for starting it, smaddy :-)

Update: I was on CB/Cam4 for 90 minutes, made a whole 83 tkns and a bit on C4 side... Grrr, I ain't going out like that, gotta come back on.
    I've got a show to do and then I am really for something magical once I return.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

In the spirit of this thread I'm getting ready to log back on and stay on untIL I hit 8 hours. I logged off after 4 hours this morning.

~No Love, All Hustle~

Thanks
    Thanked 10,078 Times in 3,324 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

I know what you mean,... it's quite a catch 22.. One thing that helps me is I don't use my break button anymore, I log off all the time unless I am going pee or getting a drink real quick.. and it really helped my placement a lot when I was trying to get back up there. It takes awhile.. slow as fuck.. like weeks! months!..LOL.. and I take EVERY Single show even if I hate them! because the only thing I care about is A Their money in my pocket and B my paid time online and ratings... So even if you hate their guts? think of how happy you will be in real life with their money ..LOL.. that's what I think about when I do a show for a guy who is an asshole and I just wanna block or kick him or refuse..

I am not always "NICE " But, I get the job done!
    There's NO shame in this game, the only shame in this game is NOT getting the money!!
    LIE like your life depends on it, cuz it kinda does!

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to anonymous camgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,001 Times in 5,051 Posts

I no longer worry about placement on SM. First page does NOT always equal first page money! Just do your best because that's all any of us can do and let the chips fall where they may.

41. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast