Thread: Cam Items & Other Personal items needing to be locked up~Where to hide the Key?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,606 Times in 6,568 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Dizzy Cam Items & Other Personal items needing to be locked up~Where to hide the Key?

Since i will be in a roommate situation very soon, I will need to lock up files and cam items in a file lock box, and a locked suitcase. Prob. Not going to be allowed to put a lock on the door.(dont ask)
    For those of you who already lock up your stuff, where do u keep the keys and how to u label each key?
    I dont mean to sound mundane but i have never lived eith a stranger before. ESp. In their home with their rules.
    Thanks in advance.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 302 Posts

Default Re: Cam Items & Other Personal items needing to be locked up~Where to hide the Key?

I don't understand -- if you're paying rent then you can make your own rules for yourself. Put a lock. Your money entitles you to.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xoprincessremy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,413 Times in 1,680 Posts

Default Re: Cam Items & Other Personal items needing to be locked up~Where to hide the Key?

Fuck moving in with strangers and not having a lock on the door. In the UK, if non relatives are living together with a rental agreement, you need locks on bedrooms by law, and rightly so!

If you can't trust them to not poke around in your belongings, you shouldn't be trusting them when you're there either.

But if it comes to it, you just need one huge lockable box and carry the key with you. Hell, put it around your neck. Tell people it's the key to your... Heart. ;-)
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post
    The morale of the story: trying to please everyone is a thankless job. Try pissing everyone off instead: you'll have more fun that way.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vlodina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,544 Times in 3,646 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Label maker. I loved mine to death. My room looked like this in college:

Label your keys with it. And keep your keys all on a key chain.

Also get an actual safe. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s9_dnav_...f_rd_i=3180371

you can get one with a key or numberpad.

Do you plan on doing that one locking mechanism that was posted on here the other day. I think that would be perfect when you are working.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audritwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

I keep my lock box key on my key ring with my house keys and I keep those in my purse. Nobody goes in my purse unless they have a death wish.
    http://chaturbate.com/affiliates/in/...m=autumn_storm
    http://www.autumnstormandtman.com
    http://www.autumnstormandtman.cammodels.com
    http://clips4sale.com/store/73131
    yes I formerly cammed under the name aleciaxxx and I decided a while back to change my cam name to autumn_storm

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aleciaxxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,014 Times in 951 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm gonna get this hairstylist trolley and use it to store my toys, lubes, and etc for camming. Easier to put my toys away and lock up.

"Cosmo" Lockable Rollabout Trolley https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KNDEVFO..._0DOXub18VKQZE

Edited-
    Ohh u wanted a place to keep keys. I just opened my eyes for the first time today.. I suck at reading after wake up. Lol. But hey it's a nice idea to have this trolley.

Your Camming Bookmarks!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

And invest on a security cam in your room and hide it from plain view. You can get it for cheap on Amazon.

Your Camming Bookmarks!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,927 Times in 5,980 Posts

Have you asked your future roommate about having a lock on your door or are you just assuming he/she would say no? When I was living with a roommate, I have the lock on my door but I never locked it. Mind you, I don't use toys either.
    "The more money I make the more Republican I get."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Oh and if you don't feel comfortable with labeling every key. You can get key color tag/cover for each key and save a note on what color is for in your phone.

Your Camming Bookmarks!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,467 Times in 1,773 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I second carrying it on a necklace or something similar if that's going to be a problem. As for labeling them, unless you have more than five keys it shouldn't be necessary. Sharpie them all different colors if you need to. It costs all of $8-12 to buy a new door knob with a lock on it and about 5-15 minutes to switch out, so your roomie can really get over it. Easy solution is to fib, as I did with a previous roomie, and say you have work files that are covered by confidentiality laws and you're required to keep that information under lock and key. That means a lock on the door, since you can expand that to include your computer. Otherwise--just put the lock on when they aren't home and tell 'em to suck it? I did that with a nosy roommate I knew was going through my shit.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Issabelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Yep Issa, that's exactly what I suggested in the other thread. A door knob with a lock. When you move out, change it back to the old one. There is no need for a roommate to have free access to your room whenever they want. You should always have your privacy.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaBelle For This Useful Post: