Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 566 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

Default Re: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

Welp, off to face my life-long fears and anxieties head-on.

Yaaaaay.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,084 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Default Re: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

I seriously wish ppl would just stop staring & GTFO the fact that I dress unusual & have crazy hair EVERYTIME I go out somewhere to get food, run an errand, grocery shop, etc. UGH. Annoying.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,557 Times in 5,522 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

I ventured out yesterday. The weather is now too nice not to. I've been inside since the end of April, and it's made me stir crazy.
    First stop was the hardware store. I went to a mom and pop kind, because I knew that if I went to a big box store, especially on a Saturday, that would push me over the edge.
    It was kinda fun, because there were mostly guys in there, and they were all flirting with me.
    Next stop. The supermarket to get a few things, and a Starbucks.
    I'm not in there 2 minutes, in the greeting card aisle, when a woman comes up to me and says, " Oh, you reminded me that I need to get a baby shower card."
    Honey, I don't care. And, why are you even talking to me? The ONE aisle that is always empty in a supermarket, and whomp! No peace, I tell ya.
    It did feel good to be out though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 389 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post
    I ventured out yesterday. The weather is now too nice not to. I've been inside since the end of April, and it's made me stir crazy.
    First stop was the hardware store. I went to a mom and pop kind, because I knew that if I went to a big box store, especially on a Saturday, that would push me over the edge.
    It was kinda fun, because there were mostly guys in there, and they were all flirting with me.
    Next stop. The supermarket to get a few things, and a Starbucks.
    I'm not in there 2 minutes, in the greeting card aisle, when a woman comes up to me and says, " Oh, you reminded me that I need to get a baby shower card."
    Honey, I don't care. And, why are you even talking to me? The ONE aisle that is always empty in a supermarket, and whomp! No peace, I tell ya.
    im so glad you got to get out of the house i've had to make a decision recently with my bf that i will attempt to go out with him once or twice a month like a date night kind of thing . i havent been out of the house since sept 15th, not really bc i dont want to but more bc i dont have a way to go anywhere. he's got the vehicle and there's no way i could drive that big ass truck without hitting someone or fucking it up somehow. lol

But staying inside so much these last 2 or 3 years has definitley affected me mentally in a bad way. now that im working out regularly it's kind of saving me mentally for real.
    Your body is your temple.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violethollywood For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 491 Posts

I really miss my old hairdresser because he was mobile and could come to my place. I don't know where he went, maybe back to Brazil after he split up with his partner. I need him in my life! Twice today I went online to book a hair appointment and backed out, because I'm just too drained to face 2.5 hours of chitchat whilst trapped in a chair. But my hair also looks like crap. Ugh.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 566 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post
    I believe that we, as a society, should come together and agree to abolish greeting cards.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,557 Times in 5,522 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by R-209 View Post
    I believe that we, as a society, should come together and agree to abolish greeting cards.
    Ha ha! I totally agree.
    But it's been a tradition with the old bat. She's 80 now, and doesn't have email, text, or a cellphone even.
    * I did find a cool app called TouchNote, which I've used a couple of times.
    You create a greeting card, adding photos, text.
    For $5, ish, they create it, mail it, and include postage. You can even tell them when you want it to arrive.
    I love that damn app.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910