Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 577 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

Default Re: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

Welp, off to face my life-long fears and anxieties head-on.

Yaaaaay.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,110 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Default Re: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

I seriously wish ppl would just stop staring & GTFO the fact that I dress unusual & have crazy hair EVERYTIME I go out somewhere to get food, run an errand, grocery shop, etc. UGH. Annoying.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,813 Times in 5,607 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I ventured out yesterday. The weather is now too nice not to. I've been inside since the end of April, and it's made me stir crazy.
    First stop was the hardware store. I went to a mom and pop kind, because I knew that if I went to a big box store, especially on a Saturday, that would push me over the edge.
    It was kinda fun, because there were mostly guys in there, and they were all flirting with me.
    Next stop. The supermarket to get a few things, and a Starbucks.
    I'm not in there 2 minutes, in the greeting card aisle, when a woman comes up to me and says, " Oh, you reminded me that I need to get a baby shower card."
    Honey, I don't care. And, why are you even talking to me? The ONE aisle that is always empty in a supermarket, and whomp! No peace, I tell ya.
    It did feel good to be out though.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 417 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post
    I ventured out yesterday. The weather is now too nice not to. I've been inside since the end of April, and it's made me stir crazy.
    First stop was the hardware store. I went to a mom and pop kind, because I knew that if I went to a big box store, especially on a Saturday, that would push me over the edge.
    It was kinda fun, because there were mostly guys in there, and they were all flirting with me.
    Next stop. The supermarket to get a few things, and a Starbucks.
    I'm not in there 2 minutes, in the greeting card aisle, when a woman comes up to me and says, " Oh, you reminded me that I need to get a baby shower card."
    Honey, I don't care. And, why are you even talking to me? The ONE aisle that is always empty in a supermarket, and whomp! No peace, I tell ya.
    im so glad you got to get out of the house i've had to make a decision recently with my bf that i will attempt to go out with him once or twice a month like a date night kind of thing . i havent been out of the house since sept 15th, not really bc i dont want to but more bc i dont have a way to go anywhere. he's got the vehicle and there's no way i could drive that big ass truck without hitting someone or fucking it up somehow. lol

But staying inside so much these last 2 or 3 years has definitley affected me mentally in a bad way. now that im working out regularly it's kind of saving me mentally for real.
    Your body is your temple.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Violethollywood For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 508 Posts

I really miss my old hairdresser because he was mobile and could come to my place. I don't know where he went, maybe back to Brazil after he split up with his partner. I need him in my life! Twice today I went online to book a hair appointment and backed out, because I'm just too drained to face 2.5 hours of chitchat whilst trapped in a chair. But my hair also looks like crap. Ugh.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post
    I believe that we, as a society, should come together and agree to abolish greeting cards.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by R-209 View Post
    I believe that we, as a society, should come together and agree to abolish greeting cards.
    Ha ha! I totally agree.
    But it's been a tradition with the old bat. She's 80 now, and doesn't have email, text, or a cellphone even.
    * I did find a cool app called TouchNote, which I've used a couple of times.
    You create a greeting card, adding photos, text.
    For $5, ish, they create it, mail it, and include postage. You can even tell them when you want it to arrive.
    I love that damn app.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 1,472 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I feel like most people drain my energy. My last job was toxic and I really don't want to be stuck somewhere with the same people again unless it's crazy money. I feel tired after going to the store or to the nail salon ugh!
    xoxo

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    I feel like most people drain my energy. My last job was toxic and I really don't want to be stuck somewhere with the same people again unless it's crazy money. I feel tired after going to the store or to the nail salon ugh!
    I'm the exact same way.
    When I was younger, I used to love being around people. The more the merrier.
    Used to entertain at my home all the time.
    I try to think back to figure out when I changed.
    The thing that stands out, is that it began right after I divorced my 2nd overbearing husband. He was a bundle of nervous energy, and never stopped talking, or moving around.
    Also, add to that people abandoning me when times get tough. Especially all the one's I've helped in the past.
    Add to that, having to be an active Listener and performer on cam for hundreds of guys everyday.
    You just get to a point where peace and quiet are EVERYTHING, and you just want to be left..........alone!.
    Like I'm tapped out, or something.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

All I wanted to do last night. Was make a quick trip, while I was out at the bank, to Starbucks to try the Halloween drink The "Witches Brew".
    I thought, I'll get it, and sit outside on the patio and enjoy my drink in peace.
    No such luck.
    A couple of boisterous, loud guys had taken up the patio with their cigar smoking.
    Ugh! Gross!
    As I was trying to get out of the parking lot. Naturally it had to be the SAME time cars were piling in and blocking me from leaving.
    I hate this time of year, because the out of towners take over, and most of them don't know where they're going, so they drive like shit.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

I feel like Spider-Man would if his SpideySense was turned on all the time.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Every time I say "excuse me" to someone, I fear they'll think I'm being sarcastic.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Help!, I'm stuck on an alien starship orbiting earth.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,345 Times in 1,878 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by R-209 View Post
    Every time I say "excuse me" to someone, I fear they'll think I'm being sarcastic.
    You're funny!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Elektra Luxx For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

^^ Aw, thanks. It's all true!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,378 Times in 2,433 Posts

I don't feel good today so I went out in no makeup, ugly nerd glasses, ponytail, and in my bummiest looking clothes to go to the store and buy some things. Some old lady proceeded to come down the feminine product aisle, and then start talking to me about shower gel, hair products, the weather, etc. Just when I thought I'd escaped her I went down the baking aisle for brownie mix and that same old lady happened to come down that aisle too and made some comment about the brownie mix, and ask me if I tried it before and if it was any good. This turned into a whole conversation about different kind of cookies, pies, and cakes . I was just thinking, "Look lady, I know you're probably only talking to me because you're lonely and I look like a safe homely person at the moment, but I feel like ass right now and really just want to go and pay for my stuff and get the heck back home asap!"

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

^^Oh, I feel for you.
    There's so many lonely elderly people where I live, who want to chat all day long.
    Nope.
    I've been noticing that a lot of my friends are hermits too. And all of my surrounding neighbors.
    We all think it has something to do with getting older, and hating crowds.
    Not sure.
    All I know is I feel the most at peace when I'm home.
    The snowbirds have decended on my town, so the traffic is insane! Lines everywhere, and parking places are hard to find.
    It's a mind trip to live in a place that's desolate for 6 months, and then densely populated the other 6 months.
    ba4464ed4640c0b0e8bd6ed64cda8c84.jpg
    8641570caa41bfbb837f1a18b3833325.jpg

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by wednesday86 View Post
    These days I only leave my house to go to the post office (for ebay shit), to go to class and to occasionally buy food/toiletries. I stayed in Chicago with my husband and son over Thanksgiving break and went to his friends' house for beer and board games...Should have been fun...there were only 4 other people there. I was throwing those beers back so fast just so I could talk to people. Does anyone find 99.9% of other human beings so incredibly dull and you have to think of nice things to say to them? Like pretend to be interested in their boring ass stories? I wish I didn't feel like that. I'm sure people think I'm boring too because I don't talk much.

I remember when I was younger, early 20's, I really enjoyed meeting other people and interacting with them. I would like to get back to that again. I'm wondering if dancing ruined that for me...
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS. I feel like I deal with so much crazy crap in clubs and then when I am in vanilla world I wind up bored of peoples conversation. Basically I avoid people and my roommates.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,589 Times in 3,795 Posts

So much truth here.
    Beware the Pinkie Drama Queen...w000000 LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

Veteran Member
    Thanks

43. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was followed home by a pack of men last month while I was with my child in my apartment complex. I don't want to say anything racially inflammatory because as a black woman I know how it feels to be discriminated against but this certain group of men are from a country that has a SERIOUS rape problem, not just with adult women but minors and animals so I am assuming that's why I was followed. They saw my child was with me and continued to follow me anyways. That's what really horrified me. I had my anxiety under control prior to this incident (as under control as you can have it???) I was going to the gym regularly, going to the pool every once and awhile, yoga/meditating. Not really going out or making friends but I was definitely getting there. I feel like I hit the reset button and it's so exhausting.

I just stopped sleeping with a knife under my pillow a few days ago. I'm a single mom so it's just me and kiddo and no one to defend us if something were to happen again. I feel like those men had been watching me and my child and followed me for that specific reason. I mind my business don't talk to anyone I barely make eye contact with people in my complex. This past year has been the hardest of my 20 years of life. I went through a pregnancy alone, isolated myself from everybody out of shame hated those questions "where the dad" "are you married in a relationship ect." reminded me so much of the time I first entered the industry and isolated myself because no one understood what/why I was doing the work I was doing and bombarded me with those questions and tried to guilt trip me.

It makes me sad people like this are out in the world and it also makes me sad that I am a shell of my former self.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S.Dinero For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^ I'm sorry. Take care of yourself. Yoga has been my lifesaver too.
    Last edited by JessaJade; 11-17-2018 at 06:13 AM.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,551 Times in 2,608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by S.Dinero View Post
    I was followed home by a pack of men last month while I was with my child in my apartment complex. I don't want to say anything racially inflammatory because as a black woman I know how it feels to be discriminated against but this certain group of men are from a country that has a SERIOUS rape problem, not just with adult women but minors and animals so I am assuming that's why I was followed. They saw my child was with me and continued to follow me anyways. That's what really horrified me. I had my anxiety under control prior to this incident (as under control as you can have it???) I was going to the gym regularly, going to the pool every once and awhile, yoga/meditating. Not really going out or making friends but I was definitely getting there. I feel like I hit the reset button and it's so exhausting.

I just stopped sleeping with a knife under my pillow a few days ago. I'm a single mom so it's just me and kiddo and no one to defend us if something were to happen again. I feel like those men had been watching me and my child and followed me for that specific reason. I mind my business don't talk to anyone I barely make eye contact with people in my complex. This past year has been the hardest of my 20 years of life. I went through a pregnancy alone, isolated myself from everybody out of shame hated those questions "where the dad" "are you married in a relationship ect." reminded me so much of the time I first entered the industry and isolated myself because no one understood what/why I was doing the work I was doing and bombarded me with those questions and tried to guilt trip me.

It makes me sad people like this are out in the world and it also makes me sad that I am a shell of my former self.
    Sorry you have to go through all this. Have you considered getting something like pepper spray for self-defense?

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast