Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 573 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

Default Re: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

When you're speaking to someone with a heavy accent, and you feel guilty asking them to repeat themselves.

And that person is also your doctor.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Default Re: Am I THE only one that has turned into a hermit & suffers social anxiety?

Anyone have experience with creepy repair people? Like they make you so uncomfortable, you just want them gone?
    I've been trying to get my elliptical to run properly for over a year. There are apparently two guys available, and I can't stand the thought of having either of them in my home. First guy was just an incompetent asshole who wasted a lot of time and made a lot of excuses. Second guy was MAJOR creepy. I thought about inventing some emergency to get him to leave, but wasn't sure how he'd react to that.

I decided to just let him finish what he was doing and he began to make WEIRD noises. I had the phone ready to dial 911 and was scanning the room for something to defend myself with. After about three and a half hours of this, he announced he was finished (he had the annoying habit of calling me "bud"). I barely tested the machine and told him it was fine because I wanted him OUT.

So of course it breaks again a week later and the company tells me he's still the only guy available. He's overdue for making an appointment, and I'm hoping he doesn't call at all so I have something more substantial to complain about. I'm afraid to explain how this guy acted (in case it gets back to him), but I REALLY want my elliptical fixed...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 407 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by R-209 View Post
    Anyone have experience with creepy repair people? Like they make you so uncomfortable, you just want them gone?
    I've been trying to get my elliptical to run properly for over a year. There are apparently two guys available, and I can't stand the thought of having either of them in my home. First guy was just an incompetent asshole who wasted a lot of time and made a lot of excuses. Second guy was MAJOR creepy. I thought about inventing some emergency to get him to leave, but wasn't sure how he'd react to that.

I decided to just let him finish what he was doing and he began to make WEIRD noises. I had the phone ready to dial 911 and was scanning the room for something to defend myself with. After about three and a half hours of this, he announced he was finished (he had the annoying habit of calling me "bud"). I barely tested the machine and told him it was fine because I wanted him OUT.

So of course it breaks again a week later and the company tells me he's still the only guy available. He's overdue for making an appointment, and I'm hoping he doesn't call at all so I have something more substantial to complain about. I'm afraid to explain how this guy acted (in case it gets back to him), but I REALLY want my elliptical fixed...

i think ALL repair men are creepy. I don't like them being in my house at all bc they like to look at me bc im attractive so i try to find someone i know who knows a thing or two about stuff i need fixed
    Your body is your temple.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Violethollywood For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Recent events

Dental appointment, with strangers in masks lurking over me and jabbing me with sharp things: OK
    Suicide Prevention Walk, hundreds of people, emotional: No problem
    Guy wants to add me as a friend in Pokemon Go on my evening walk: Freak out.

Like, that's the point of the game.
    Fuck SA so much.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,596 Posts

Have you ever tried using nitrous oxide? I always ask the dentist for it when I'm getting something unpleasant done.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,596 Posts

There are also some dentists that use anesthesia.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    There are also some dentists that use anesthesia.
    So far, I've been oddly calm during dental appointments. I did get a little nervous when I heard the dentist telling another patient about the extensive work they needed, making me wonder if I'd need a lot more than a root canal.

It just occurred to me that the reason I'm calm is because the dentist's is one of the few places where small talk is basically impossible.

And my temporary crown just fell out. Damnit.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,310 Times in 505 Posts

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,755 Times in 5,584 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Violethollywood View Post
    i think ALL repair men are creepy. I don't like them being in my house at all bc they like to look at me bc im attractive so i try to find someone i know who knows a thing or two about stuff i need fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by JessaJade View Post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

At this point when I do leave the house I am dead set on not talking to anybody. Don’t ask me for directions, my phone number or if I look familiar to you ( I hate it when people think they know me). IDGAF, I walk past people mid sentence lol.
    If you donít like something, change it. If you canít change it , change your attitude. ~ Maya Angelou ~

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkPassion305 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

^^^Right? I'm the same way.
    I went to this very high end supermarket yesterday.
    Damn chatty cashier started commenting on how much dessert I was buying. Very loudly, I might add.
    As much as I was looking down, and into my purse trying to ignore him, he just wouldn't stop! OMG!!
    On and on, about how I'm the reason he gets up in the morning, and how I am so special, yada yada.
    I've never seen this douchebag in my life. WTF is he even talking about?
    It was bad enough that the air conditioning was broken in the store ( it was 105 degrees out, so yeah, not a pleasant shopping trip). But, I gotta deal with THIS moron?
    I decided right then and there that I'm going to have to have my food delivered from now on.
    *Not to mention that the 'snowbirds' will be descending on this town in another month for the winter.
    You don't even WANT to know how crowded the stores are then.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

My latest thing is finding interesting meetup groups and considering joining an event but deciding to just do the activity or attend an event by myself LOL. I do still try when I'm in the mood but I'm pretty much at peace with not liking most humans nowadays. I don't fit in anywhere...I'm not cool or outgoing enough but then when I'm with shy awkward people they think I'm too outgoing. I'm bored of dealing with peoples jealousy too.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,027 Times in 4,972 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

My latest thing is finding interesting meetup groups and considering joining an event but deciding to just do the activity or attend an event by myself LOL. I do still try when I'm in the mood but I'm pretty much at peace with not liking most humans nowadays. I don't fit in anywhere...I'm not cool or outgoing enough but then when I'm with shy awkward people they think I'm too outgoing. I'm bored of dealing with peoples jealousy too.
    Ive been wanting to join up with other groups Ive found online too! Ive read stories with great outcomes. We haven't done it yet but what we're most interested in are travel groups. I dont wanna go on vacation in a remote area with a bunch of people who suck. That would suck! Most of our friends don't ever go anywhere so now we have to branch out and meet new people.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^I guess it's hit and miss. There are great people and experiences out there, I'm just slightly jaded and cynical LOL.
    Best thing is to always have excuses and an escape plan in place, in case everyone is unbearable.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Joining Meetup groups was one of the first things I did when I first moved here. That, and attending a New
    Age church.
    I really enjoyed the people I met. But, I did find myself ( especially in my photography group), wandering off by myself, or leaving early.
    My discovery with my new town is that there are 2 types of people here.
    Mature white women who only want to talk about their illnesses and doctor's visits #boring, or gay men.
    I chose the latter, because they're just too damn fun! However, their CONSTANT hunt for new dick is boring to me too.
    Oh, there's a 3rd type of person who lives here=Old, rich white dudes. (Good for a client, not much else).
    So, here I be. Content to be alone, in my own little world.
    For me, it's as close to heaven as one can get.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 624 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post
    Joining Meetup groups was one of the first things I did when I first moved here. That, and attending a New
    Age church.
    I really enjoyed the people I met. But, I did find myself ( especially in my photography group), wandering off by myself, or leaving early.
    My discovery with my new town is that there are 2 types of people here.
    Mature white women who only want to talk about their illnesses and doctor's visits #boring, or gay men.
    I chose the latter, because they're just too damn fun! However, their CONSTANT hunt for new dick is boring to me too.
    Oh, there's a 3rd type of person who lives here=Old, rich white dudes. (Good for a client, not much else).
    So, here I be. Content to be alone, in my own little world.
    For me, it's as close to heaven as one can get.

Maybe you'll feel comfortable to PM me the area you live in someday. It sounds awesome! Don't worry I most likely can't move there anyway. Just curious because your posts about your new home sound nice.
    You can't reason with stupid!
    It's a night of clowns and buffoons! - Maitre de in NYC

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Nyla19 View Post
    Maybe you'll feel comfortable to PM me the area you live in someday. It sounds awesome! Don't worry I most likely can't move there anyway. Just curious because your posts about your new home sound nice.
    Is THAT what you got from reading my post? Lol!
    Please go back and read it again.
    I absolutely HATE it here!
    I'm moving.
    I didn't even mention that it's way too hot most of the year. Like a furnace, day and night. 110-120 degrees, And humid. Gross.
    I'm in my own little world, as I mentioned, because the people are phoney and annoying as fuck, so I stay home alone.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Help!, I'm stuck on an alien starship orbiting earth.
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,337 Times in 1,876 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

^^^
    This is me, exactly.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elektra Luxx For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

I love that.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

While I was out last Friday cashing my check, getting gas, and a Starbucks.
    My car began to overheat.
    Friday afternoon at 5 pm., At the start of a holiday weekend. Yeah, not the best time to find a mechanic.
    I quickly pulled in to a nearby CVS so my car could cool down for a bit.
    While I was there, I decided to use my CVS coupons and stock up on essentials, since I'd probably be housebound all weekend.
    The music was blasting so loudly in the store( yeah, why do stores feel the need to do this?), it added to my anxiety.
    It was crowded too.
    To top it off, the bitchy cashier took a call while ringing me up. This is one of my pet peeves.
    Naturally, it sidetracked her, and she made a mistake when tallying up my order.
    She had to start ALL over again, and now the line behind me started growing. I usually don't do reviews, but I did do one on this broad. A bad review was definitely warranted.
    I made it home, and haven't left the house since.
    Ugh! Just ugh!

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Food delivery services are the greatest invention for someone like me.
    Tried it for the first time yesterday, and I'm hooked!
    Grocery stores trigger major social anxiety. The bright flouresant lights, loud piped in music, screeming kids, people blocking aisles with their carts, slow check out lines. Argh!
    Plus, having a back problem doesn't help with having to lift all the heavy bags.
    I love how Walmart texted me to let me know that the driver was on his way.
    * Free delivery, AND they gave me a tote bag full of samples.
    Even a small toy truck that I'll be using on cam in my giantess shows and clips.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast