Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Oil Prices - Deja vu all over again

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,721 Posts

Default Re: Oil Prices - Deja vu all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Would you please call AOC and the other ultra-libs in the N.Y. Congressional delegation and tell them that ? They already have their knives out and protest signs printed up to oppose a gas fired back up electrical generator in Queens. Unlike you , AOC et.al. think it is perfectly alright to put all their eggs in the solar and wind baskets with no back-up generating capacity.
    Was AOC actually protesting against this specific power plant?

Thanks

YES ! She doesn't get that with Indian Point shut down the electricity has to come from somewhere. One reactor shut down in 2020 and the other is being shut down this year. That creates a hole of 13% in generation that has to be made up from other sources. Right now, about 40% of N.Y.'s electrical power comes from natural gas. The rest comes from hydro , solar and wind. The back up plant that AOC calls "dirty" will NOT burn coal or oil but natural gas. The cleanest burning of all fossil fuels and only to back up solar and wind generators that haven't even been built yet. Currently only 7% of N.Y.'s power comes from wind, solar and biomass.

This is one of many examples of AOC's knee jerk reactions to various issues and her breathtaking ignorance .
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 03-12-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

I told you so. Oil prices and pump prices keep going up and up. At least summer is coming before home heating oil goes through the roof.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,767 Times in 1,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    I truly don’t understand why we have to act like green energy is a legitimate partisan issue. Not so much here but in lots of discourse. Like why did fox and the blogs have to attack green energy for no reason? Everything was messed up in Texas, wind turbines the least of them all. But like everyone can make money on this...as I have mentioned the oil companies are the ones setting up the green energy.

There is crap infrastructure everywhere, from sea to shining sea; that’s why I personally would like some federal standards for that. Those in power are ultimately to blame for the useless denial of climate change and how it will overwhelm underprepared systems. But man I just want those being hurt like this to get some relief and a system they can count on.
    Why? Present bias, greed, and power. The brain actually filters out information automatically. The same way addicts can say they don’t have a drug problem even as their whole life crumbles. The only difference is these people have enough money and power to avoid consequences. One could say they are addicted to money. I would agree. I think some of them know and just don’t care, but some of them are so deluded they don’t understand the gravity of their harmful words and actions.

I would say we as a species aren’t evolving and I wonder if we will cause are own extinction? I hope not. If these rich billionaires and politicians think they can stay safe from diseases and climate change they are WRONG.

This isn’t the first time in history this has happened, but the stakes are much higher than any crisis we have ever faced.

We need to start living from our hearts and our inner wisdom.

I think “the people” want change and can handle it; it’s the people in power holding us back.

It’s a partisan issue because people can’t think for themselves. We don’t have two parties that act as counter balances. We have a toxic political system and it’s killing us.

Yes it’s very unfortunate that those on the bottom will suffer more.
    Last edited by moneybags; 03-19-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

6. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Why? Present bias, greed, and power. The brain actually filters out information automatically. The same way addicts can say they don’t have a drug problem even as their whole life crumbles. The only difference is these people have enough money and power to avoid consequences. One could say they are addicted to money. I would agree. I think some of them know and just don’t care, but some of them are so deluded they don’t understand the gravity of their harmful words and actions.

I would say we as a species aren’t evolving and I wonder if we will cause are own extinction? I hope not. If these rich billionaires and politicians think they can stay safe from diseases and climate change they are WRONG.

This isn’t the first time in history this has happened, but the stakes are much higher than any crisis we have ever faced.

We need to start living from our hearts and our inner wisdom.

I think “the people” want change and can handle it; it’s the people in power holding us back.

It’s a partisan issue because people can’t think for themselves. We don’t have two parties that act as counter balances. We have a toxic political system and it’s killing us.

Yes it’s very unfortunate that those on the bottom will suffer more.
    I understand what you are saying but "living from our hearts " ? Sounds like feelings over facts to me. Feel free to correct me if you meant something else.

Your last point is the most true imho. The people at the bottom ALWAYS suffer the most. And are suffering now from job losses and higher energy prices.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,721 Posts

Iowa is now getting close to 60% of their energy from wind, and they get a lot more snow and freezing weather than Texas. It probably won't be too long before they get to 100%.

https://businessrecord.com/Content/D...s/-3/248/93057

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456