Results 1,176 to 1,188 of 1188

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 7,189 Times in 2,237 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Beauty random... I've tried to do the "wash your hair less" / hair training thing for YEARS at this point, and I'm done. My hair does not adjust to that whatsoever, and it's clear that it's not healthy for my hair type. After even a couple of days, my scalp is greasy, i start getting flakes, my ends are absolutely parched despite use of high-quality leave-ins / added hydration to my ends, etc. (I don't use styling products, so the flakes are not product buildup). And that's with impeccable diet, vitamins, omega 3s, GLA, everything. It does not work for me.

I've gone back to washing every other night, and my hair and scalp have never looked better. Using pureology these days. No sulfates, but adding high-tech silicones back in has really helped.

Trichologists recommend against washing infrequently unless you're older (scalp produces less sebum), or you have a curly / coily hair type. The scalp should be treated like skin... and going 4-7+ days without washing isn't healthy for most people.
    Same here, I have exactly same scalp. I have to wash it every other day. I tried the same and it didn't work.
    I realized how uninformed some people are. As time as you trim your hair every 4-6 months, the "damaging your hair because of washing too often" is pure bs. The more often you trim your hair, the longer it grows.
    I always use a heat protective serum or cream, before blow drying and styling my hair and it looks amazing even after 6 months, when I go having a haircut. And I have thin and fragile hair.
    I don't know how long some want to wait before having a haircut. After 4 months, the haircut already starts losing it's shape and you need to trim those ends regardless.
    So yeah, I am happily washing and styling my hair every 2-3 days now.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,405 Times in 2,510 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    I am a wash my hair/blowout every three days gal. I do start the multiple step process with a scrub. This scrub https://www.nordstrom.com/s/miriam-q..._source=google started my love for this product line, even got my dude into it
    Hmm how am I so far behind on hair products?! I googled scalp serum for the hell of it as well and sure enough there are one's and even found a pre-cleanse. Pre-cleanse is something new to me. The most interesting one is this one on Sephora with AHA/BHA and niacinamide in it. https://www.sephora.com/product/sund...?skuId=2370963

It's kind of overwhelming keeping up with all these beauty products meanwhile men just use a bar of soap to wash their face and call it a day LOL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,366 Times in 6,298 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    Same here, I have exactly same scalp. I have to wash it every other day. I tried the same and it didn't work.
    I realized how uninformed some people are. As time as you trim your hair every 4-6 months, the "damaging your hair because of washing too often" is pure bs. The more often you trim your hair, the longer it grows.
    I always use a heat protective serum or cream, before blow drying and styling my hair and it looks amazing even after 6 months, when I go having a haircut. And I have thin and fragile hair.
    I don't know how long some want to wait before having a haircut. After 4 months, the haircut already starts losing it's shape and you need to trim those ends regardless.
    So yeah, I am happily washing and styling my hair every 2-3 days now.
    Yes!!! I have spent years at this point feeling grimy and unclean for days between washes, only to conclude that not washing does absolutely nothing positive for my hair growth or health. I honestly feel like it's actually harmed my hair health - spending extra days with a greasy scalp and dandruff (when trying to push wash days) cannot be healthy. I'm not sure how i fell for the hype around this trend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,189 Times in 2,237 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes!!! I have spent years at this point feeling grimy and unclean for days between washes, only to conclude that not washing does absolutely nothing positive for my hair growth or health. I honestly feel like it's actually harmed my hair health - spending extra days with a greasy scalp and dandruff (when trying to push wash days) cannot be healthy. I'm not sure how i fell for the hype around this trend.
    It's easy to fall for it. I did fall too for a short while, then all I had to do was to wake the fuck up and look at my own hair and be like: Oh, but my hair is actually ok, I am triming it every 4-6 months regardless and it grows back just fine and it's part of the process to get the ends split, because... duh!! Wtf! )))
    I mean, I MUST trim my hair anyway, otherwise it starts looking flat, lifeless, shapeless and everything.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 900 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

How long you can go really depends on your hair and probably skin type. If my hair wasnít bleached out I would probably need to wash it everyday too. Recently I detoxed myself from my dependence on dry shampoo and looked oily and gross for a couple of weeks, but it did chill out and allow me to get away with my usual 2ish times a week after that. Both dry shampoo and washing your hair too much (esp purple products) will fuck up a blonde.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    How long you can go really depends on your hair and probably skin type. If my hair wasn’t bleached out I would probably need to wash it everyday too. Recently I detoxed myself from my dependence on dry shampoo and looked oily and gross for a couple of weeks, but it did chill out and allow me to get away with my usual 2ish times a week after that. Both dry shampoo and washing your hair too much (esp purple products) will fuck up a blonde.
    Yes! A lot of the women i follow on YouTube who influenced me to try this for so long just have different hair types than i do. As you mentioned, one of them has bleached hair and also heat styles, so she just washes once a week. Sigh.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,604 Times in 3,185 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Beauty random... I've tried to do the "wash your hair less" / hair training thing for YEARS at this point, and I'm done. My hair does not adjust to that whatsoever, and it's clear that it's not healthy for my hair type. After even a couple of days, my scalp is greasy, i start getting flakes, my ends are absolutely parched despite use of high-quality leave-ins / added hydration to my ends, etc. (I don't use styling products, so the flakes are not product buildup). And that's with impeccable diet, vitamins, omega 3s, GLA, everything. It does not work for me.

I've gone back to washing every other night, and my hair and scalp have never looked better. Using pureology these days. No sulfates, but adding high-tech silicones back in has really helped.

Trichologists recommend against washing infrequently unless you're older (scalp produces less sebum), or you have a curly / coily hair type. The scalp should be treated like skin... and going 4-7+ days without washing isn't healthy for most people.
    Samesies. If I go more than 3-4 days I get an itchy scalp and dandruff, and I use no styling products also. My ends also become extremely parched.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Samesies. If I go more than 3-4 days I get an itchy scalp and dandruff, and I use no styling products also. My ends also become extremely parched.
    Exactly, yes!!! I kept cutting my hair, thinking that the ends were damaged, but i think they were actually just getting super dehydrated.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,730 Times in 2,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I spoke to ideal image today about botox. They are a b.s. Company.They pretend to hAve deals to date sale you into a membership. I read many bad reviews about the memberships.
    xoxo

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 830 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    I spoke to ideal image today about botox. They are a b.s. Company.They pretend to hAve deals to date sale you into a membership. I read many bad reviews about the memberships.
    I was thinking that about them even though I had not read reviews, I just feel like the more amped up a place is or advertised doesnít really mean your gonna get a good job or deal. Iím more about quality than quantity

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,730 Times in 2,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

It was weird the woman was msg me this week then said she has to talk to me to tell price. We did a zoom and she was talking about packages. I am calling some other places tomorrow. My old place is good but far since I moved.
    xoxo

22. The Following User Says Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    Totally agree! Not a lot of experience myself, but I hear clients complaining. They appear very professional with a good website etc etc, but they fail on knowledge and customer service. And they're often pricey. That company won't get my money.
    Work hard in silence and let success make the noise

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,422 Times in 1,973 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    When I wanna try the expen$I've shit I go on ebay or poshmark, ebays good for samples/better prices.

I tried the Revision neck cream, it was so so.
    Glad I bought it eb, still kinda high, it was a full size
    I was just going to say that I do the same thing on eBay with samples and they usually last a long time and it's cheaper in the end and is just as good as spending up to billion dollars on one freaking product.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748