Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1425

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

  1. #1276
    God/dess whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    26,378
    Thanks
    53,297
    Thanked 24,937 Times in 12,762 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    Can anyone recommend something that would help me keep my nails strong enough to grow out? Is there something a manicurist can put on them to keep them from breaking? Like shellac or something? I used to get acrylics but I want to try to grow them out before I say "fuck it" and revert back to acrylics.
    IMG_20220117_162914.jpg

    I use this, from Sally's ^
    That other stuff's too expensive.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:


  3. #1277
    God/dess Cutie101's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,500
    Thanks
    4,260
    Thanked 9,204 Times in 2,815 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    Can anyone recommend something that would help me keep my nails strong enough to grow out? Is there something a manicurist can put on them to keep them from breaking? Like shellac or something? I used to get acrylics but I want to try to grow them out before I say "fuck it" and revert back to acrylics.
    First of the first: gel polish and rubber gloves. It's the only thing that helped my nails grow, prevent them from breaking, prevent me from biting my nails, etc. Why rubber gloves? For house work. Wash dishes, clean the house, etc. Use rubber gloves, will keep your nails strong. Especially when doing dishes. I do have a dishwasher but there are things that I also wash by hand. I have a pair or rubber gloves on my sink.

    Soo, definitely get yourself a regular gel manicure. It will keep your nails intact for 2-3 weeks untill the next appointment.

    Also, after I do remove polish (or gel polish) I do use this oil https://www.amazon.com/Eveline-Elixi...s%2C170&sr=8-1 massage well into the nails, let the nails and cuticles suck it in and then I was my hands, wipe my nails with nail polish remover and proceed with doing my manicure. Real good thing.

    Before doing my nails with gel, I'd use this treatment as a base coat when I used to do my nails with regular polish: https://www.amazon.com/Eveline-Cosme..._dp&th=1&psc=1
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:


  5. #1278
    Veteran Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Underworld
    Posts
    350
    Thanks
    1,494
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 309 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    My holy grail skincare products are Cerave hydrating cleanser & Stridex red pads (just moisturize really well afterwards because they are drying), it's very noticeable when I skip these products for more than 2 days. Both drugstore products & keep my skin clear where I used to struggle with acne badly & get compliments on my skin allll the time now where I never did before. Honestly kinda creepy tbh.... being told "you have beautiful skin" feels like they are sizing me up to eat me.... or to wear my face LOL. Still haven't found a toner or moisturizer that I love yet. I really like La-Roche Posay, but my skin is very dry and I need several coats, especially in the winter, so I go through it SO fast. I'd love a moisturizer where I'd only need one coat.

    Also the Stridex pads are sopping wet so after I'm done with my face I use them on my underarms & never get BO stink anymore, they are great for preventing ingrown hairs as well

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:


  7. #1279
    God/dess Cutie101's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,500
    Thanks
    4,260
    Thanked 9,204 Times in 2,815 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by neverendingkneebruises View Post
    My holy grail skincare products are Cerave hydrating cleanser & Stridex red pads (just moisturize really well afterwards because they are drying), it's very noticeable when I skip these products for more than 2 days. Both drugstore products & keep my skin clear where I used to struggle with acne badly & get compliments on my skin allll the time now where I never did before. Honestly kinda creepy tbh.... being told "you have beautiful skin" feels like they are sizing me up to eat me.... or to wear my face LOL. Still haven't found a toner or moisturizer that I love yet. I really like La-Roche Posay, but my skin is very dry and I need several coats, especially in the winter, so I go through it SO fast. I'd love a moisturizer where I'd only need one coat.

    Also the Stridex pads are sopping wet so after I'm done with my face I use them on my underarms & never get BO stink anymore, they are great for preventing ingrown hairs as well
    Paula's Choice moisturizers are super effective. You might wanna give it a try. They also sell travel size version, so you don't feel like you wasted money if you don't like and you can also try more types this way.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:


  9. #1280
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    870
    Thanks
    4,967
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 685 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by neverendingkneebruises View Post
    My holy grail skincare products are Cerave hydrating cleanser & Stridex red pads (just moisturize really well afterwards because they are drying), it's very noticeable when I skip these products for more than 2 days. Both drugstore products & keep my skin clear where I used to struggle with acne badly & get compliments on my skin allll the time now where I never did before. Honestly kinda creepy tbh.... being told "you have beautiful skin" feels like they are sizing me up to eat me.... or to wear my face LOL. Still haven't found a toner or moisturizer that I love yet. I really like La-Roche Posay, but my skin is very dry and I need several coats, especially in the winter, so I go through it SO fast. I'd love a moisturizer where I'd only need one coat.

    Also the Stridex pads are sopping wet so after I'm done with my face I use them on my underarms & never get BO stink anymore, they are great for preventing ingrown hairs as well
    I think layering products helps with keeping skin hydrated. That could be a serum under moisturiser or an oil over it, or both.

    Oh, it's also good to apply your serum or moisturiser to damp skin
    Last edited by JessaJade; 01-18-2022 at 07:38 AM.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:


  11. #1281
    Moderator charlie61's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13,221
    Thanks
    10,338
    Thanked 20,307 Times in 6,599 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    ^yes, and sealing everything in with an occlusive moisturizer as the last step!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:


  13. #1282
    Featured Member LoveyD's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    4,944
    Thanked 4,745 Times in 1,234 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Thanks ladies for the nail suggestions!!

  14. #1283
    Featured Member LoveyD's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    4,944
    Thanked 4,745 Times in 1,234 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by neverendingkneebruises View Post
    My holy grail skincare products are Cerave hydrating cleanser & Stridex red pads (just moisturize really well afterwards because they are drying), it's very noticeable when I skip these products for more than 2 days. Both drugstore products & keep my skin clear where I used to struggle with acne badly & get compliments on my skin allll the time now where I never did before. Honestly kinda creepy tbh.... being told "you have beautiful skin" feels like they are sizing me up to eat me.... or to wear my face LOL. Still haven't found a toner or moisturizer that I love yet. I really like La-Roche Posay, but my skin is very dry and I need several coats, especially in the winter, so I go through it SO fast. I'd love a moisturizer where I'd only need one coat.

    Also the Stridex pads are sopping wet so after I'm done with my face I use them on my underarms & never get BO stink anymore, they are great for preventing ingrown hairs as well
    I'm going to try the CeraVe. Neutrogena used to have a pore refining scrub I loved and then they discontinued it.

  15. #1284
    God/dess whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    26,378
    Thanks
    53,297
    Thanked 24,937 Times in 12,762 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Search Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I use this oil for everything, including eye makeup removal, I do use it on my hands too. Has a very light lemon scent, I'm on like my 6th bottle, it's 3.99 at Trader Joe's. Absorbs well, not greasy
    I bought this hair mask, 3.99 also haven't tried it yet, but loved everything so far, their room spray, tp's great, spray hand sanitizer
    IMG_20220118_140930.jpg


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:


  17. #1285
    Veteran Member Likethis's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    554
    Thanks
    2,922
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 469 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I have sensitive skin so right now I'm keeping my routine very simple with just cleanser (one of my favourites is the hydrating Cerave one, feels so good) and a moisturizer but now that my skin seems kind of happy and calm I'm thinking of adding PHA. I don't know if this is a good idea or not lol. I'm considering trying the Exuviance relax age less everyday fluid, has anyone tried it? Also I prefer perfume free products on my face but it doesn't say this is without perfume, still I can't see perfume listed on the ingredients but maybe I'm missing something.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Likethis For This Useful Post:


  19. #1286
    Moderator charlie61's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13,221
    Thanks
    10,338
    Thanked 20,307 Times in 6,599 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Likethis View Post
    I have sensitive skin so right now I'm keeping my routine very simple with just cleanser (one of my favourites is the hydrating Cerave one, feels so good) and a moisturizer but now that my skin seems kind of happy and calm I'm thinking of adding PHA. I don't know if this is a good idea or not lol. I'm considering trying the Exuviance relax age less everyday fluid, has anyone tried it? Also I prefer perfume free products on my face but it doesn't say this is without perfume, still I can't see perfume listed on the ingredients but maybe I'm missing something.
    I think it looks nice! PHAs are a smart choice for sensitive skin. It's fragrance-free.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:


  21. #1287
    God/dess Cutie101's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,500
    Thanks
    4,260
    Thanked 9,204 Times in 2,815 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    I'm going to try the CeraVe. Neutrogena used to have a pore refining scrub I loved and then they discontinued it.
    You can try the bioderma face scrub, it's better than the Neutrogena one, because it's less harsh to the skin. This is what I have been using for years, it's gentle and yet scrubs well. Scrubs are not reccomended to the skin in general, because they create micro wounds that can cause infections and acne, but I don't have a sensitive skin, so I use this once or twice a week https://www.bioderma.us/all-products...xfoliating-gel
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:


  23. #1288
    God/dess carmen_b's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Vegas - ish
    Posts
    11,932
    Thanks
    13,563
    Thanked 17,525 Times in 7,503 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I got on Yaz BC with hopes of clearing up my back . The generic I take is called Nikki.
    It seems to be improving ! 4 weeks and the skin feels so much better. I'm excited for 2-3 more weeks of it.

    I feel like it makes me HUNGRY though. I have another med that is supposed to offset that but I'm still watching food closely .

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:


  25. #1289
    God/dess chanzep's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,065
    Thanks
    24,236
    Thanked 6,470 Times in 2,672 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I take a generic one too. Had some long name. Makes me sleepy.
    xoxo

  26. #1290
    God/dess SnuffleUffleGrass's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    HearstCastle, Rosebud
    Posts
    8,467
    Thanks
    21,473
    Thanked 16,560 Times in 6,370 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    First of the first: gel polish and rubber gloves. It's the only thing that helped my nails grow, prevent them from breaking, prevent me from biting my nails, etc. Why rubber gloves? For house work. Wash dishes, clean the house, etc. Use rubber gloves, will keep your nails strong. Especially when doing dishes. I do have a dishwasher but there are things that I also wash by hand. I have a pair or rubber gloves on my sink.

    Soo, definitely get yourself a regular gel manicure. It will keep your nails intact for 2-3 weeks untill the next appointment.

    Also, after I do remove polish (or gel polish) I do use this oil https://www.amazon.com/Eveline-Elixi...s%2C170&sr=8-1 massage well into the nails, let the nails and cuticles suck it in and then I was my hands, wipe my nails with nail polish remover and proceed with doing my manicure. Real good thing.

    Before doing my nails with gel, I'd use this treatment as a base coat when I used to do my nails with regular polish: https://www.amazon.com/Eveline-Cosme..._dp&th=1&psc=1
    To add to this- wear gloves when you have to wash dishes and handle chemicals....as a woman the older you get, the faster your real age is apparent on your hands. & If you're busy it's easy to trash a fresh manicure.

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:


  28. #1291
    God/dess carmen_b's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Vegas - ish
    Posts
    11,932
    Thanks
    13,563
    Thanked 17,525 Times in 7,503 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I wonder if I should start taking mine at night. I just worry it's much more likely to get done early. I take all my pills WITH my coffee because I'm never going to forget to have it.

    I'm seriously so impressed so far with this pill.
    I had my doubts ( I am sensitive to meds and " feel " all hormonal changes ).
    Maybe I needed them though. 5 weeks ago I had little eraser sized " nub " type cystic acne on my back.
    I couldn't leave it alone ( which makes it worse obviously ).

    I can't wait for more progress ( hopefully with no weight gain or minimal ).



    Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    I take a generic one too. Had some long name. Makes me sleepy.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 01-24-2022 at 09:42 AM.

  29. #1292
    God/dess whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    26,378
    Thanks
    53,297
    Thanked 24,937 Times in 12,762 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I bought this, @ Ulta today, was looking for a good basic gentle moisturizer for dry skin during the harsh winter.. Lol had lots of time waiting in exam room for Dr.
    I wanted the Pacifica one, out of stock tho

    IMG_20220119_140618.jpg $12.00


  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:


  31. #1293
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    617
    Thanked 339 Times in 104 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    First of the first: gel polish and rubber gloves. It's the only thing that helped my nails grow, prevent them from breaking, prevent me from biting my nails, etc. Why rubber gloves? For house work. Wash dishes, clean the house, etc. Use rubber gloves, will keep your nails strong. Especially when doing dishes. I do have a dishwasher but there are things that I also wash by hand. I have a pair or rubber gloves on my sink.

    Soo, definitely get yourself a regular gel manicure. It will keep your nails intact for 2-3 weeks untill the next appointment.

    Also, after I do remove polish (or gel polish) I do use this oil https://www.amazon.com/Eveline-Elixi...s%2C170&sr=8-1 massage well into the nails, let the nails and cuticles suck it in and then I was my hands, wipe my nails with nail polish remover and proceed with doing my manicure. Real good thing.

    Before doing my nails with gel, I'd use this treatment as a base coat when I used to do my nails with regular polish: https://www.amazon.com/Eveline-Cosme..._dp&th=1&psc=1
    I second this! Using gloves while dishwashing really helps. I've been getting manicures with the powder/dip and they last for 3 weeks. But I have to get them removed at the nail salon and my nails look weaker. So I might switch and do gel instead.

  32. #1294
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    870
    Thanks
    4,967
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 685 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I've decided not to get fillers at all. Long story short, I want to avoid issues with migration and adverse effects from any dissolver later on. There's a lot more research being done into how fillers behave longer term and it has really put me off.
    I'm much more keen on long-lasting procedures anyway, so will be looking to have a lip lift and then face/neck lift and blepharosplasty later on. In the meantime I'll just do moderate botox and try to maintain a healthy lifestyle, along with just embracing/accepting some of my flaws.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:


  34. #1295
    God/dess Cutie101's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,500
    Thanks
    4,260
    Thanked 9,204 Times in 2,815 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JessaJade View Post
    I've decided not to get fillers at all. Long story short, I want to avoid issues with migration and adverse effects from any dissolver later on. There's a lot more research being done into how fillers behave longer term and it has really put me off.
    I'm much more keen on long-lasting procedures anyway, so will be looking to have a lip lift and then face/neck lift and blepharosplasty later on. In the meantime I'll just do moderate botox and try to maintain a healthy lifestyle, along with just embracing/accepting some of my flaws.
    Good thinking! I am not a big fan of fillers either, I think moderate botox and some lifting/ blepharoplasty are the way to go. Many use fillers because it's cheaper. Lifting is hella expensive, because you do wanna go at a reputable doctor and not fool around with something like this.
    I'm turning 30 later this year and I want a blepharoplasty already. Ok I have hooded eyelids, but a youthful eye area will also help me keep looking in my early 20's, till I do the next moves ))
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:


  36. #1296
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    870
    Thanks
    4,967
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 685 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    ^Yeah, even with the best filler specialist who only injects conservative amounts, there is no definitive way to predict how or where that filler will migrate later...and it seems that it very often does that. The dissolver can have nasty effects on skin as it targets both the filler and your own natural hyaluronic acid. I think as I am already 40, I wouldn't want to risk losing my own HA which might not regenerate the way it 'should' in someone younger.

    I'm really picky about this stuff and although there is always some risk involved, the worst thing is to do things on the cheap or get impatient and go for quick fixes, then suffer the consequences later. I can be patient enough to wait for a top surgeon to do their magic in a few years when I can comfortably afford it and travel restrictions have settled.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:


  38. #1297
    Featured Member LoveyD's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    4,944
    Thanked 4,745 Times in 1,234 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I won't do filler. I hate that pillow face look. Need to schedule myself for Botox soon
    That's the only thing I'll do.
    I noticed that the Neutrogena ultra wrinkle serum w retinol makes my tear trough area look tighter. I love what it does for my skin.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:


  40. #1298
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    870
    Thanks
    4,967
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 685 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    ^I mean fillers done well can look amazing, just like good botox where you can hardly tell it's been done...I just can't be dealing with lumpy filler or weird migration issues later on. I don't even like the way they inject it, it looks kind of traumatic for the skin/tissues to me.

  41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:


  42. #1299
    Moderator charlie61's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13,221
    Thanks
    10,338
    Thanked 20,307 Times in 6,599 Posts

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JessaJade View Post
    ^I mean fillers done well can look amazing, just like good botox where you can hardly tell it's been done...I just can't be dealing with lumpy filler or weird migration issues later on. I don't even like the way they inject it, it looks kind of traumatic for the skin/tissues to me.
    I'm also suspicious of the effect that fillers can have over time, even without migration issues. Aren't you kind of expanding the skin to the point where your skin would be more deflated / wrinkled once the fillers wear off? I truly know nothing about fillers, so apologies for my ignorance!

  43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:


  44. #1300
    God/dess indiegirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,922
    Thanks
    2,837
    Thanked 9,981 Times in 3,196 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

    I may have to get invisalign again. FECKKKK. This is gonna be the 3rd time. The 2nd time it cost me 10 grand because I was in New York but I now need a different set because of veneers. Anybody know of those websites that advertise where you take the impressions at home, mail them in, and they set a plan up for you that's good? I don't want to go in person and waste money like that again.

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:


Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do-it-yourself beauty?
    By sparkleeyz in forum Body Business
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2020, 08:43 AM
  2. Inner Beauty
    By BouncerDude in forum Shop Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 10:15 PM
  3. Beauty is as beauty does.
    By LuckyOne in forum Music Mix
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 05:27 PM
  4. What does beauty mean to you ?
    By Farrah_Holiday in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 02:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •