Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1091

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 3,106 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Once my temporary hair dye washes out I'm going officially permanently dye it a ginger color.
    Well my temporary dye washed mostly out so I dyed it.......and it's not gingery enough. If I am in direct light then it looks like the gingery color on the box of dye that I picked out, but in any other light it's just a dark reddish brown. I know from past experience that permanent red hair dye fades a lot and always ends up becoming super coppery so I'm hoping that it will turn more gingery over time as I wash it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,750 Times in 6,350 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

I got my shopping cart on www.Fragrancex.com loaded up but I'm not sure how legit they are? Have any of you used this site before?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,266 Times in 2,306 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I have not shopped on there but members of a fragrance board day it's legit.
    xoxo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,076 Times in 822 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    Make sure you get a good doctor for thread lift. My friend had a disaster with it. She said it was really painful and had a bad result.
    How long did the thread lift last for your friend? I don't hear much about thread lifts on here, but it looks painful to get done.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,406 Times in 2,209 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by BambiCutie View Post
    How long did the thread lift last for your friend? I don't hear much about thread lifts on here, but it looks painful to get done.
    I was so into wanting it since I've never heard of it before until recently, but heard some stories that freaked me out online . I heard a story online of one snapping randomly out of nowhere a while later. It seems to appear pretty though.

Anywhooo, has anyone done a 5 day detox juice fast they liked recently? I tried my own version and started to get light headed when I was standing up in the past.
    Last edited by indiegirl; 06-03-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,266 Times in 2,306 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

My friend lift was bad only slight results not worth it.
    xoxo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,033 Times in 6,191 Posts

Experimenting with tranexamic and azelaic acid lately, plus vitamin c. I'd always been so focused on keeping my skin free of acne that it hadn't occurred to me to start working on my natural redness. I wouldn't say i have rosacea, just some general redness, plus some post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. My skin is naturally so pale that if i could get rid of even the mild redness i have, it'd make a huge difference. Working on skin clarity, now that i don't really get acne anymore.

I have my second collagen induction therapy appointment on Monday, in a series of six.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Well my temporary dye washed mostly out so I dyed it.......and it's not gingery enough. If I am in direct light then it looks like the gingery color on the box of dye that I picked out, but in any other light it's just a dark reddish brown. I know from past experience that permanent red hair dye fades a lot and always ends up becoming super coppery so I'm hoping that it will turn more gingery over time as I wash it.
    Well it's not fading, even after doing multiple things to fade it(dish soap shampoo, lemon and chamomile tea on it for an hour in the sun, 3 times). I was watching videos on lightening hair with hydrogen peroxide; you make a paste with it and baking soda and leave it on your hair for 15 minutes to an hour depending on how light you want it and it does seem to make it a brassy, coppery color, so I'm not sure if I should try doing that in ten minute increments till it lightens to where I want it or if I should just buy a new hair dye.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^Well I bought a new hair color but it only mentioned on the inside(which could only be seen after opening it at home ) that basically your hair had to be lighter than the hair dye color in order for it to properly work. So I decided to try the baking soda+hydrogen peroxide method instead; I mixed the solution with the proper ratio and because I saw a video on youtube where a girl got major lightening after having it on her hair for 30 minutes I decided to start with 15 minutes. Once I washed it out and my hair dried there was no difference. LOL. So then I decided to try a method where you just saturate your hair with a solution of half hydrogen peroxide/half water. I felt like that was a pretty big dilution especially considering how unresponsive my hair has been to all lightening attempts but I figured I'd try it and if after ten minutes it wasn't lightening I would add more HP. Well after ten minutes there was no difference so I added more, ten more minutes no difference so I added more, ten more minutes and no difference so I added more.....etc. I had to do it like 5 times and had it in my hair for almost 90 minutes and it finally lightened.........one shade. Mind you I have thinnish light brown hair, it's not like I'm working with coarse, jet black hair here. So I sprayed it with the solution again today and it's probably 2 shades lighter now. I guess I will have to keep spraying it till it eventually gets where I want it, which at this rate will take 40 years.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-_HKFjxVl0

This video on not using shampoo or conditioner is interesting. I dunno if I could do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,978 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-_HKFjxVl0

This video on not using shampoo or conditioner is interesting. I dunno if I could do it.
    I couldn't do it either. My scalp is oily, it starts to smell bad after 2 days, when it gets greasy. I wash it every 2-3 days, otherwise I feel gross.
    This guy is one of these types of people I hate nowadays, people who think everything is a media conspiracy and tend to bring the ancient times up, showing that "it was possible" back then. What he doesn't know, is that people were horribly stinking back then, when there were no hygiene products, because body oils do smell, water alone won't clean it away. There are tons of documentaries and history facts about times before hygiene products were manufactured. Also, he doesn't know that people in ancient Rome were using ashes and some natural oils to make shampoo and clean their hair. What I said about greasy hair being gross, is what this guy says, that media made it look like gross. No, dude. It is gross. It smells bad. Head&Shoulders was my nightmare, back in childhood, because of my seboreic dermatitis, it was hurting my scalp really bad. I was 15 years old when Vichy Dercos launched in my country and I finally learned to live dandruff and itch free.
    This guy is simply idiot, he blames head&shoulders for his problems, when there are thousands of products out there, for each type of scalp and issues. He says he used to wash his hair daily with shampoo? Well, who asked him to? My boyfriend is washing his hair twice a week in the summer, once a week in the winter. He doesn't need more and there's no commercial in this world to convince him that he should do it more often.

Same with people in comments blaming media and corporations for absolutely any kind of body care products. Wtf. Taking care of yourself and making an effort to look good and respect yourself and the society you live in, is a demonized thing nowadays. Making an effort in anything is being denied nowadays, even if it's in a relationship (you're being seen as stupid and used), or work, or a healthy lifestyle, etc. Let's all be accepted, but make zero effort to be accepted and impress and expect others to impress us. Nobody forces people to buy 100 types of products, but from walking like Chewbacca on the streets, not using shampoo and expect people to get horny when they see and smell you, from buying every single product in the stores, it's a long road.

There were some idiot feminists in the comments who were like "oh look media/ men makes women shave and use makeup". No, stupid, women have been shaving for thousands of years and used makeup. In stone age, they would remove hair because water would freeze on it and cause them difficulties. In ancient Egypt, there are freaking MURALS with women removing hair with sugar paste/ applying make up. In ancient Egypt you'd be seen as disguting/ uncivilized if you weren't shaving your body. Cleopatra set the trend of body hair removal, so she can distinguish herself from the lower class and everyone else followed her behaviour (speaking of Influencers, lol.). Men from the high society in ancient Egypt would all shave, because beards were for associated with the servants or lower class people. So, no, there were no evil men corporations who dictate that women should remove their hair for them, lol.
    These people are spreading so much disinformation, I can't even...
    And what's even more crazy is that we watch theese videos and swallow what they say, but we don't check facts, literally 2 clicks away.

Rant over, hahahahahahhaa ))))
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^Completely agree with all of that. Didn't the ancient Egyptians shave their heads and wear wigs too because it was more sanitary than having to deal with an actual head of hair in the extreme heat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    people who think everything is a media conspiracy and tend to bring the ancient times up, showing that "it was possible" back then. What he doesn't know, is that people were horribly stinking back then, when there were no hygiene products, because body oils do smell, water alone won't clean it away.
    Yeah and people died from getting a cut because of how filthy everything was and lifespans were a lot shorter.

^^^Well I bought a new hair color but it only mentioned on the inside(which could only be seen after opening it at home ) that basically your hair had to be lighter than the hair dye color in order for it to properly work. So I decided to try the baking soda+hydrogen peroxide method instead; I mixed the solution with the proper ratio and because I saw a video on youtube where a girl got major lightening after having it on her hair for 30 minutes I decided to start with 15 minutes. Once I washed it out and my hair dried there was no difference. LOL. So then I decided to try a method where you just saturate your hair with a solution of half hydrogen peroxide/half water. I felt like that was a pretty big dilution especially considering how unresponsive my hair has been to all lightening attempts but I figured I'd try it and if after ten minutes it wasn't lightening I would add more HP. Well after ten minutes there was no difference so I added more, ten more minutes no difference so I added more, ten more minutes and no difference so I added more.....etc. I had to do it like 5 times and had it in my hair for almost 90 minutes and it finally lightened.........one shade. Mind you I have thinnish light brown hair, it's not like I'm working with coarse, jet black hair here. So I sprayed it with the solution again today and it's probably 2 shades lighter now. I guess I will have to keep spraying it till it eventually gets where I want it, which at this rate will take 40 years.
    To update: after 3 or 4 days of spraying my hair with much less diluted hydrogen peroxide I finally have the desired color.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,121 Times in 5,893 Posts

My hair is driving me nuts at a low level . The red color fades SO fast. I'm blonde naturally but more " dirty " not bright stripper blonde haha . It's sort of back there but I'm not sure if I want to sit in the salon chair for two hours . :/

I want the red again so I will need time and to put some $$ towards it .
    Maybe it was luck or random but I had my best dancer shift lately ( in last couple months ) as brighter red so now I'm like " I need it ".

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

My boob job is booked for end of August, would have been sooner but I didn't want to miss the busy season at the club. I'm excited and a little nervous!! My mom is coming with me to help take care of me and fly in/out. I'm taking daily iron supplements and a multivitamin. Any other recommendations? My doctor offers Exparel for an additional $500, is it worth it especially since I'll be flying? Throw all the advice at me!!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,443 Times in 1,956 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

I apologize in advance for the rant, but I have had laughably bad luck with makeup/beauty products recently. In the past week, the following has happened:
    -Got a mascara in boxycharm last month that I am in love with. Went to purchase another tube today and found out the whole brand is being discontinued. As much as I love a 50% off sale, I'm not about to buy more of something that won't be around in a few months.
    -The makeup sponge line I've been using for 6ish months was discontinued. Upsetting as it was kind of a unique shape, inexpensive, & held up well. So I decided to buy a more expensive sponge from a different brand. Received it, liked it enough to want another, and found out that it too had been discontinued!
    -Went to stock up on my favorite shade of lip liner because the company who makes it is shutting it's doors. I have one spare, but figured getting a couple more couldn't hurt. went online and it's completely sold out... went to 3 different ulta's and none of them had that specific shade.
    -I have a single pan eyeshadow that is a cool toned medium/light gold from an indie brand. literally my all time favorite gold eyeshadow ever! I hit pan & went to purchase another. Yeah, the company no longer makes it. Reached out to the company about alternative shades that might fit the bill & they never responded.
    -My non work foundation was running low. Went to order more & found out Tarte recently reformulated it & now the foundation contains a fragrance. I have sensitive skin and fragrance sometimes breaks me out horribly. Not about to spend nearly $40 on a foundation that might cause cystic acne all over again when my skin is actually behaving for once! Plus the new formula has awful reviews.

I'd think about crying from sheer frustration, but honestly at this point it's like "what's next?"

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,594 Times in 848 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired

Has anyone tried those foot peel booties? I used a pair the other night. I won't peel until 4-7 days later. Waiting to see how these will work.
    Best Threads on SW! Curvy Winona's Camming Bookmarks!

Just waiting to feel your kiss, rubbing my lips, your energy is turning me on...

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 629 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by neverendingkneebruises View Post
    My boob job is booked for end of August, would have been sooner but I didn't want to miss the busy season at the club. I'm excited and a little nervous!! My mom is coming with me to help take care of me and fly in/out. I'm taking daily iron supplements and a multivitamin. Any other recommendations? My doctor offers Exparel for an additional $500, is it worth it especially since I'll be flying? Throw all the advice at me!!
    Arnica is good to take to reduce bruising. I used manuka honey on the incision wounds, I think from a few days after surgery - my scars are hardly visible and I believe the manuka helped with healing. Also, have easy/light food available for the days after surgery. Hope it goes well!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 349 Posts

I love the Trader Hoes Rosewater spray facial toner. When I wake up from a nap it is all warm in my room and when I spray the toner on my face it feels refreshing and helps me to wake up.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Is there an actual site kinda like yelp for the makeup community to advertise their services as well as reviews and photos of previous clients included? I'm looking for someone that does professional airbrush makeup because I forgot the name of the guy who did mine years ago. Or is it just yelp?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 Times in 847 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Omg L'oreal flash cat eye infallible eye liner pen is amazing, usually I cant wear any eyeliner without it running ( I have very sensitive eyes and they tend to water) but this one I wore through a long sweaty bike ride yesterday and it didn't budge. I've cried in it too and it barely budges. I've never been happier about an eyeliner lol

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilylilylily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,443 Times in 1,956 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Has anyone tried the scentbird subscription box? I don't go through perfume super fast, but I'd love to expand my collection a bit. Thinking about trying the three month subscription just to pick up a few new scents.

Thanks

I have fine hair but a lot of it. I trimmed off almost an inch and put these products in my hair. My hair was fried before. Now it's super-soft and shiny! I'm glad I won't have to cut a lot off now BC my hair looks so good. The serum is not greasy like some other ones I've used and I got it for under 4 bucks at Walmart. It's also a heat protectant. I used the mask in the shower and kept it on for 10-15 min. My hair no longer feels like a brillo pad. Super happy so I thought I'd share:
    Last edited by LoveyD; 07-30-2021 at 11:53 PM.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    Has anyone tried the scentbird subscription box? I don't go through perfume super fast, but I'd love to expand my collection a bit. Thinking about trying the three month subscription just to pick up a few new scents.
    I've been wanting to try it after seeing the ads. Don't you get like 3 scents that are travel sized per month? Honestly it is a good deal if so, because Sephora sells some of those travel sized bottles for $17-18 per bottle. The only concern is getting crap scents and wasting money.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,364 Times in 1,945 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Where can I get sample sizes of expensive high end perfume like Sephora used to give for free?
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Where can I get sample sizes of expensive high end perfume like Sephora used to give for free?
    I find them on ebay.

I chose a 5g hair color this time around as opposed to a 5n and I love it! Definitely doesn't turn out as dark and I just think it looks more natural overall.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast