Results 1,151 to 1,169 of 1169

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 645 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

^ I don't know how effective those devices are. I would be tempted. Then again, I had a Nuface a few years ago but ended up selling it as it felt weird on my skin somehow - not quite burning it but a tingling that wasn't pleasant...plus, I wasn't patient enough to see any results so felt like a hassle.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,325 Times in 2,483 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    So.. Would y'all get this?
    I know they have other ones, someone said you don't need to buy extra attachments, +the smaller size makes it easier to use, (gets in hard to reach ti areas)
    I'm looking for firming..

https://www.violetgrey.com/product/z...ottle/ZIP-Z003
    Hmm I looked at this in the past and saw the price and thought "fuggedaboutit!" ...BUT I just looked it up and it is the only device that has both nano current and micro current waves. Very interesting.

I stuck with the beauty star and it's much stronger than nuface. https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-EP-200...ustomerReviews

My only issue is if you have TMJ and jaw clenching problems, these machines fuck your jaw tightness up over time and make it worse.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,455 Times in 11,565 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Crossfingers Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JessaJade View Post
    ^ I don't know how effective those devices are. I would be tempted. Then again, I had a Nuface a few years ago but ended up selling it as it felt weird on my skin somehow - not quite burning it but a tingling that wasn't pleasant...plus, I wasn't patient enough to see any results so felt like a hassle.
    Yea, I hear ya, I already have 2 face manual rollers, I don't always use them on a consistent basis, but I'm trying.. They do feel cooling & good tho..

MDNA (Modonna skin care) has this, it's for eyes, but people say they use it on the face cause it's easier to manipulate than the large one."ultra, infrared rays from high density carbon rollers."
    https://www.mdnaskin.us/products/eye-defy

Damn, it's on sale til the end of the month, - $50. off

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Crossfingers Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    Hmm I looked at this in the past and saw the price and thought "fuggedaboutit!" ...BUT I just looked it up and it is the only device that has both nano current and micro current waves. Very interesting.

I stuck with the beauty star and it's much stronger than nuface. https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-EP-200...ustomerReviews

My only issue is if you have TMJ and jaw clenching problems, these machines fuck your jaw tightness up over time and make it worse.
    Ooh, thanks so much!
    I do indeed have the beginnings of TMJ, sure AF don't want to make it worse!

I wonder if the MDNA roller would be okay for TMJ issues?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Ooh, thanks so much!
    I do indeed have the beginnings of TMJ, sure AF don't want to make it worse!

I wonder if the MDNA roller would be okay for TMJ issues?
    Interesting, I have never heard of the MDNA roller. I have to look into that one.

I also have the mlay radio frequency skin & body tightening machine which works great over time. I love this product but I rarely use it because it says to not use it with botox or filler until 3 months after (they probably should have disclosed that before sending it) your injections. The machine becomes pointless since you have to go in for touchups every 3 months.

I'm still keeping this machine around just in case when I go vanilla and make horrible money after taxes. (It cost me 150 more due to inflation this time when I got botox 620-ish bucks every 3 months isn't for me unless I decide to get a second job lol)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by indiegirl; 11-24-2021 at 01:02 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 2,226 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Interesting, I have never heard of the MDNA roller. I have to look into that one.

I also have the mlay radio frequency skin & body tightening machine which works great over time. I love this product but I rarely use it because it says to not use it with botox or filler until 3 months after (they probably should have disclosed that before sending it) your injections. The machine becomes pointless since you have to go in for touchups every 3 months.

I'm still keeping this machine around just in case when I go vanilla and make horrible money after taxes. (It cost me 150 more due to inflation this time when I got botox 620-ish bucks every 3 months isn't for me unless I decide to get a second job lol)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Wooooowwww, i just looked at the reviews for this machine. I mean... wowza!!! I never trusted this kind of stuff, but... really tempted to buy something like this now! I am 29, got no fillers yet and seriously desperate to keep looking 20-25 as many people think I am hahahah )) Hmmmmm, I really like this device, I think I'm gonna buy one in the upcoming months as I want to delay fillers for (hopefully) 5 more years.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    Wooooowwww, i just looked at the reviews for this machine. I mean... wowza!!! I never trusted this kind of stuff, but... really tempted to buy something like this now! I am 29, got no fillers yet and seriously desperate to keep looking 20-25 as many people think I am hahahah )) Hmmmmm, I really like this device, I think I'm gonna buy one in the upcoming months as I want to delay fillers for (hopefully) 5 more years.
    Just so you know, it's on sale thru 11/30, (you get extra samples) I'm tempted to get the eye roller

Allure mag named the roller "Best in Beauty", 2019

13. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,344 Times in 6,287 Posts

Be super, super careful. Read the second review on that product. You can seriously mess up your face by changing fat deposits... If you're interested in RF, consider going to a professional.

"We have fat / tissue deposits in the right places when we are young and healthy, but as we age they tend to disappear slowly and Hollywood has popularized the use of fillers to replace them.

This thing if not careful can definitely suck the healthy looking young fat right off you, leaving you more hollow and older looking without the defining cheekbones and temples and eye areas and corners of the jaw.

I will only use it from now on under my neck only to keep a tight jaw line but I’ve aged my own face pretty clearly using this too much too fast and on the highest setting.

My smile has changed, cheekbones shrank, symmetry has flattened, and facial skeleton is more hollowed out. My temples are now SUNK in lmao.

I didn’t think of any possible downsides of using this.... I didn’t realize fat / tissue deposits is what keeps a face looking good and young and fertile and healthy. That's why everyone in the dermatologist space administers fillers. I thought it all came down to collagen, muscle tone, skin elasticity / tightness. Wrong lol"

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Be super, super careful. Read the second review on that product. You can seriously mess up your face by changing fat deposits... If you're interested in RF, consider going to a professional.

"We have fat / tissue deposits in the right places when we are young and healthy, but as we age they tend to disappear slowly and Hollywood has popularized the use of fillers to replace them.

This thing if not careful can definitely suck the healthy looking young fat right off you, leaving you more hollow and older looking without the defining cheekbones and temples and eye areas and corners of the jaw.

I will only use it from now on under my neck only to keep a tight jaw line but I’ve aged my own face pretty clearly using this too much too fast and on the highest setting.

My smile has changed, cheekbones shrank, symmetry has flattened, and facial skeleton is more hollowed out. My temples are now SUNK in lmao.

I didn’t think of any possible downsides of using this.... I didn’t realize fat / tissue deposits is what keeps a face looking good and young and fertile and healthy. That's why everyone in the dermatologist space administers fillers. I thought it all came down to collagen, muscle tone, skin elasticity / tightness. Wrong lol"
    You're right. I was going to say that I only wanna use it on neck/ jaw, to prevent the laxity. I don't think I wanna touch my cheeks. I used to hate my baby fat cheeks in my early 20's but I am glad I didn't get rid of it, because now I look younger than I really am. I don't like the hollowed look either.
    I definitely gonna go to a professional too, that's why I said I didn't really trust these products haha ) But my fat deposits on the face are also in the neck, resulting a nice double chin that I've had for my whole life and I'd like to get rid of it. I seriously considered surgery, but I saw nice improvements in the pictures, regarding jaw and I might wanna try this. Not gonna buy it yet, tho... but yeah )) I'm gonna look at pros, cons and make sure I am using it wisely. Thank you for the heads up!

Edit: I know what happened to Linda Evangelista so yeah, I am definitely being super cautious about trying these things. I'd rather trust fillers/ surgery than things that stimulate fat in any way... pretty crazy and literally gave me some fear to try anything that uses temperature to dissolve fat.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Well thank you for that, Charlie.

I've been using these, (not on a consistent basis)

The purple one is Nurse Jamie, (it has tourmaline srones) the other's from urban outfitters.

I know the NJ one says to a avoid middle of neck area, that being delicate.
    IMG_20211125_125118.jpg

I know as far as fat transfer, it was said to be 60 - 80%. for the body, Idk if they do this} on the face? Lips maybe?
    But there's a lip lift, that's supposed to give perm lip fullnes
    Last edited by whirlerz; 11-27-2021 at 03:34 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,123 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    Today I colored my hair a new color and it looks really nice. It's Schwartzkopf truffle brown and it's not too dark. Costs less than the other brand I used too so that is a win as well.
    Eeek! The roots don't look too dark but my ends are! I got some Overtone shampoo, so I will give it a review after I use it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I just used a blond shampoo, I dye my roots myself, I had highlights done not too long ago, the root touch up darkens it.

The shampoo brightened it back up, so it looks better, not so dull/dark

23. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

I am not pleased with my botox currently. I know I'm being picky. Ugh, I'm thinking it's because I waited like 11 months to get it and she used the same amount on my chart. I want to go back for more. I thought over time that I would need less not more botox. She was a nurse practitioner and not an RN. Gahh I'm bummed. I don't know if this is my fault for waiting so long to go in to preserve my face or it was her fault for not giving me enough botox?

I'm embarrassed to go back and have them say there is no more botox we can give you like the plastic surgeon I went to LOLLL but I'm picky. I just feel like she didn't give me enough on my forehead.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

And another quick question, I forgot if there is a peeling phase with retin-a micro?? I'm not sure if I'm applying too much or this is normal when first restarting it? I'm using a bunch of moisturizing products, lotions, serums, and that's the only thing I can think is causing the skin on my chin to peel?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

And another quick question, I forgot if there is a peeling phase with retin-a micro?? I'm not sure if I'm applying too much or this is normal when first restarting it? I'm using a bunch of moisturizing products, lotions, serums, and that's the only thing I can think is causing the skin on my chin to peel?
    It's normal to have your skin peeling when using retinoids, you just have to get trough this phase. Your skin is regenerating, that's why it's peeling. Many people abandon the process when skin starts peeling, because they get scared, but you gotta hang in there. Try to use Avene Cicalfate cream. Extraordinary cream for any kind of irritations and wounds. I use it for when I got skin irritations from shaving, cold weather, fitbit watch, sweating, chaffing or when my skin is peeling.
    I found an US link for the cream I am talking about, so you know: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avene-Cic...l-Oz/534696553 It's really thick and oily, but try to apply it after u use retinoids, before sleeping. It's gonna help you get trough the peeling phase. The peeling thing is gonna last for 2-3 weeks I think, so be patient and try to use the retinoids every other day in the begining and slowly build it to daily use. Of course, if it's not too much for you and you feel no discomfort, you can do it daily right from the first.

And you just reminded me I should start using retinoids again. It's the fucking "botox" of the skin, really gonna keep my skin glowing thorought the years.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

It's normal to have your skin peeling when using retinoids, you just have to get trough this phase. Your skin is regenerating, that's why it's peeling. Many people abandon the process when skin starts peeling, because they get scared, but you gotta hang in there. Try to use Avene Cicalfate cream. Extraordinary cream for any kind of irritations and wounds. I use it for when I got skin irritations from shaving, cold weather, fitbit watch, sweating, chaffing or when my skin is peeling.
    I found an US link for the cream I am talking about, so you know: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avene-Cic...l-Oz/534696553 It's really thick and oily, but try to apply it after u use retinoids, before sleeping. It's gonna help you get trough the peeling phase. The peeling thing is gonna last for 2-3 weeks I think, so be patient and try to use the retinoids every other day in the begining and slowly build it to daily use. Of course, if it's not too much for you and you feel no discomfort, you can do it daily right from the first.

And you just reminded me I should start using retinoids again. It's the fucking "botox" of the skin, really gonna keep my skin glowing thorought the years.
    Eek . I have been using the retin-a micro 1 time daily since day 1 and only a pea-sized amount. Hopefully I'm not getting carried away with usage. It didn't really come with directions from a dermatologist because it's cheaper on alldaychemist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Dizzy Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Ok, so I was all ready to get this K___ brand, stuff, 40%off WHEN I discovered it had denatured alcohol in it? & it's supposed to be a 'clean' brand?

I was just trying to find out how long the sale was on, I found this?
    https://thedermreview.com/carrot-and-stick-review/
    Never heard of that brand, btw.

& the fact that this shit is in skin care?
    Screenshot_20211129-175921.jpg

I feel like certain brands are pushed oh-so-hard, R___, Skin___, etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, so I was all ready to get this K___ brand, stuff, 40%off WHEN I discovered it had denatured alcohol in it? & it's supposed to be a 'clean' brand?

I was just trying to find out how long the sale was on, I found this?
    https://thedermreview.com/carrot-and-stick-review/
    Never heard of that brand, btw.

& the fact that this shit is in skin care?
    Screenshot_20211129-175921.jpg

I feel like certain brands are pushed oh-so-hard, R___, Skin___, etc.
    Lol, I like how they preach about protecting the environement. I find it so cringe, like... the market is oversaturated, how about stop making products if you really wanna protect the environement, you hypocrites.
    Damnit.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,123 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    Eeek! The roots don't look too dark but my ends are! I got some Overtone shampoo, so I will give it a review after I use it.

I've been using Neutrogena clarifying shampoo and that helped fade the color a little. My hair is so shiny now. I'll use the Overtone tonight and report if it faded it any more. It's still a little dark.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647