Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 17,602 Times in 5,708 Posts

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    Am I not doing something right in regards to hair care? I tend to have splint ends with my normal hair (despite air drying only and no straightening/curling it anymore) but even with my hair extensions I made a point of just air drying this time, only straightened it 1 time over the months I've had the new set. Am I brushing too hard or something? Really makes me confused because I want my hair extensions to last long and look healthy.
    Could be due to so many things. My guess is it's from friction. The ends of hair, of course, are the most fragile, as they're older (have been exposed to the most damage compared to any other part of your hair), and because they're...at the end. So if you wear your hair down or in a ponytail, the ends are always dragging across coats and other surfaces, plus friction on sheets during sex, while sleeping, etc. The ends could be revealing nutritional and stress issues you were having back when that part of your hair was being grown, too. Lots of potential causes.

^not all of that applies since you were mostly asking about your extensions, but might be relevant!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 1,700 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

I use Dermalogica Pre cleanse & I won't ever go back! This stuff is amazing to use before the special cleansing gel of their's. My face feels soo soft & complexion seems to have evened out alot more than before. I also exfoliate twice a week with Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion exfoliant. I use Philosophy Hope in a jar moisturizer.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,520 Times in 1,779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    So I've been taking collagen tablets + C and using Neutrogena Retinol Serum and I've definitely have noticed a difference in my skin, and the collagen has been good for thickening my hair too. Usually I get BOTOX but if I keep this up I might not need to do that anymore. Drinking a lot of water helps too.
    Still doing this. I've been noticing a definite reduction in my wrinkles! Barely notice them now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,427 Times in 5,677 Posts

Tomorrow I'm getting my rat's nest hair cut right and going to splurge on some clothing. I should share pics....

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,566 Times in 1,779 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Tomorrow I'm getting my rat's nest hair cut right and going to splurge on some clothing. I should share pics....
    Yasss girl!! Treat yo' self!
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

Thanks
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 1,700 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Still doing this. I've been noticing a definite reduction in my wrinkles! Barely notice them now!!
    What kind of collagen tablets do you take?
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,103 Times in 5,118 Posts

Doing cosmetic consult soon

Teeth !

I’m 75% happy but want the last 25% on top upper teeth ( that super perfect look ).
    My front two look slightly too prominent , the ones just back from those are too small compared to front , and my incisors look just a little too vampire haha. They are straight but not that " perfected " look .

It might be an Invisalign thing and some very light cosmetic shaping.

I’m at the dental office now.

He’s replacing this dark filling too. It bothers me when I laugh you can see the little dark spot. Haha
    Last edited by carmen_b; 02-22-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,069 Times in 10,887 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Indiegirl : Go get IGK, Antisocial spray, you'll love it^!

Blessed are They Who See Beautiful Things
    in Humble Places Where Other People see Nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 Times in 1,235 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    Indiegirl : Go get IGK, Antisocial spray, you'll love it^!
    Is it for daily use? I was looking at the directions on their website.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Yes, you can use it daily!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Liars omg. My face is still numb two hours later ( they said it would fade in 2 hours ).

I hope this in gone by 5 .

18. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Arrow Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Am I not doing something right in regards to hair care? I tend to have splint ends with my normal hair (despite air drying only and no straightening/curling it anymore) but even with my hair extensions I made a point of just air drying this time, only straightened it 1 time over the months I've had the new set. Am I brushing too hard or something? Really makes me confused because I want my hair extensions to last long and look healthy.
    Try to wear your hair up (I use a wooden stick to keep it in a bun)

I also have a satin lined hat I wear around the house.
    My hair can get knotty AF.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,520 Times in 1,779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    What kind of collagen tablets do you take?
    This plus Neutrogena ultra wrinkle repair serum has helped a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 410 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    Doing cosmetic consult soon

Teeth !

I’m 75% happy but want the last 25% on top upper teeth ( that super perfect look ).
    My front two look slightly too prominent , the ones just back from those are too small compared to front , and my incisors look just a little too vampire haha. They are straight but not that " perfected " look .

It might be an Invisalign thing and some very light cosmetic shaping.

I’m at the dental office now.

He’s replacing this dark filling too. It bothers me when I laugh you can see the little dark spot. Haha
    Love it! I was looking into veneers. The thing that held me back was that they file your teeth down to little pegs. Might do some cosmetic/composite bonding in the future. I would love to make my incisors more vampire like, lol. Now they are sharp but a little short and stumpy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Arrow Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Also, try this: Pantene fortifying damage repair, a leave in conditioner.
    I have used it daily too, it's not heavy or greasy at all.

IMG_20210223_091110.jpg

25. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Senior Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Argan oil is also REALLY good. My hair looks so glossy and healthy now. I use the spray bottle kind. BUT, be VERY VERY lighthanded with it, and only on your midsection to ends. Use a very small amount at a time & comb thru. Otherwise your hair becomes a greasy oily mess. It's a fine line between "shampoo commercial" and "swamp monster" with that stuff LOL
    You can also make leave-in conditioner with water and your own personal conditioner mixed in a 1:4 (conditioner : water) ratio.

My own beauty randoms -

Booked appointment for my first round of lip fillers!! Am too excited!! It's for tomorrow morning!

Switched from mainstream perfumes and started wearing indie ones. I like them because they cling to your body/hair (instead of on the customers or around you in a cloud), and I like to be unique, they are more affordable as well. I also love supporting small businesses. I've gotten SO MANY compliments from customers as well. I like that they are just as complex as high end perfumes but better control. (I love sillage & projection for everyday life but in the club I don't want to rub off on customers, also I feel like it's sexier to "discover" scents up close & personal) I had to be careful reapplying some of my commercial perfumes because it was easy to go too overboard and also, freshening up with them like a body spray wasn't really possible.
    Last edited by neverendingkneebruises; 02-23-2021 at 01:42 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,184 Times in 2,741 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^I actually came on here to bitch and moan about lip fillers, but I'm talking like when it's a really noticeable amount. I've been getting lip filler so long to where I have a lot of permanent fullness but I still will touch up my top lip with a half a syringe maybe once or twice a year. I was figuring once the world started opening up again I'd go get it done again, but I've been noticing lately that now when I see people get their lips done I almost always think their previous thinner lips looked better. I think what's happened is that trout pouts have just become so common that they bore me and thus now thin lips look exotic. This always happens to me with trends; I'm all about embracing them when they're brand new and different, but once it officially takes over and is no longer a trend and is just the way it's done(the norm) I get bored and start to prefer the opposite. Also I think the fake full lips tend to make a lot of women look older.

So now Idk if I want them redone. I'm also thinking of baby botox around my lower outer eyes because they are starting to wrinkle, but I don't have crow's feet yet and what I do have is still not noticeable unless you're staring up close and looking for it---and I had my underarms botoxed once for sweat which took like 1500 units and I don't think it even lasted for a month. So I am worried about loving the facial botox and then it being something I have to do every other month. I also would like some in my forehead but something I see a lot is when women with botox in their foreheads make facial expressions that involve the eyebrows raising, the brows get pulled into weird, unnatural shapes. I don't want that but I don't want my forehead completely frozen so idk what to do with that.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ I think lip fillers are getting out of control too.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neverendingkneebruises View Post
    Argan oil is also REALLY good. My hair looks so glossy and healthy now. I use the spray bottle kind. BUT, be VERY VERY lighthanded with it, and only on your midsection to ends. Use a very small amount at a time & comb thru. Otherwise your hair becomes a greasy oily mess. It's a fine line between "shampoo commercial" and "swamp monster" with that stuff LOL
    You can also make leave-in conditioner with water and your own personal conditioner mixed in a 1:4 (conditioner : water) ratio.

My own beauty randoms -

Booked appointment for my first round of lip fillers!! Am too excited!! It's for tomorrow morning!

Switched from mainstream perfumes and started wearing indie ones. I like them because they cling to your body/hair (instead of on the customers or around you in a cloud), and I like to be unique, they are more affordable as well. I also love supporting small businesses. I've gotten SO MANY compliments from customers as well. I like that they are just as complex as high end perfumes but better control. (I love sillage & projection for everyday life but in the club I don't want to rub off on customers, also I feel like it's sexier to "discover" scents up close & personal) I had to be careful reapplying some of my commercial perfumes because it was easy to go too overboard and also, freshening up with them like a body spray wasn't really possible.
    Have you binged on Lucky Scent samples yet?? Terrible site name IMO, but they're based in the US and have all kinds of obscure stuff. I'm not even into perfume, but now I'm deeply into them, as that site has the BEST descriptions. You just want to try all of them!! It's fun to filter by style and main note and then sort by top rated.

Link: https://www.luckyscent.com/category/1/fragrances
    Last edited by charlie61; 02-23-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks

Genoveve, i totally agree. I actually bought a lip-plumping gloss recently to get an idea of what I'd look like, and i didn't like even the fairly subtle effect on myself. I get enjoying more extreme looks, though, especially for people who make a living off of having an eye-catching look. It's hard to stand out in photos / video without augmenting these days.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    ^ I think lip fillers are getting out of control too.
    I agree. Everyone's face doesn't need BIG lips. There's an attractive influencer I follow who has a horsey face(no hate, I have a horsey face too) and she recently got her lips filled, and it looks like she had a lot put in. It's like overlapping her teeth and gums on the sides. I do not like it at all, her lips were normal-sized before and I thought her whole face looked great. Now her facial proportions have been thrown off and the big lips make her face look horsier(IMO).

It's like the power brows, it doesn't matter how trendy they are, everyone cannot pull off super thick eyebrows. Same thing with super thin ones, you have to work within your proportions.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I have also been pondering the DIY lash extensions(really they just seem to be kits that make strip lashes last a week or so) too. I stopped getting my lashes done last year, it was only supposed to be a temporary break but then covid hit, and when I look at old pics with them they looked so nice. I could get them again but as nice as they were I cannot fathom driving again to the appointments(30 min each way) twice a month. My homebody self has been so spoiled with quarantining that I basically don't want to have to go anywhere ever again. It boggles my mind that for years I would drive 4x a month to get my nails and lashes done(I do my own fake nails now), like it was a priority and I would often have to set my alarm to get up early to go get that stuff done....like an actual obligation!! Never again.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Aurora J :

Tech has come a long way with “ adding to “ teeth.
    If you have teeth that are small and need a little material added for even-ness you can ask about that !
    I had a small chip in a tooth he perfected ( not on front haha or I would have gone same day ) and the dark filling replaced with white was $189.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Senior Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

^^ Hey, more power to ya! I don't think anything's wrong with my lips as they are, I just think filler would look nice. I also have lightly stained teeth I don't want spend to fix right now ($10k~) so that's another factor for me. (The fillers hide your teeth a little bit) But I absolutely think a LOT of people look awesome with their thin lips! I don't think one way is worse than another, and am all for people doing what they want with their bodies

I see it like this... I paid $70 one time to have my nails done. (Long blingy acrylics) plus tip. But I hated them. They looked awesome but I hated how papery thin they made the natural nail, how they'd get blunt after a few days, I hated the idea of running to the salon biweekly for a fill, and I hated how I couldn't use my stupid computer (I'm a big gamer). So how I see it is I spent that $70 to try it out & find out I don't like it, now I don't have to do it ever again. (I also do press ons now which are a lot cheaper & easier for me LOL)
    That's the attitude I'm keeping towards the fillers, if I don't like them I just wait for them to fade away (I'm only doing a half ml to start) if I do, then I go a bit bigger A little pricier than fake nails to just "try out" but I've spent money on stupider things lol & don't really treat myself & half of everything I make goes right to bills/savings/stock market anyways, so hell with it.
    I also look pretty young for my age (23 next month) and most people guess me as a minor without makeup on. So if I look a little older, that's good for me I'll take it.

Charlie.... I will check them out. I'm addicted to perfumes LOL. I love when you can sort by the notes too.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^I don't allover hate lip filler either, my current deflated lips are still significantly bigger than my natural lips were and I prefer them this way any day. I'm just wrestling with whether I want to stay with this more modest size or get them plumped the fuck up again.

As far as your staining, have you tried the Crest strips? My dentist actually recommended them to me when I was asking about having them bleach my teeth, they work great and you can cut them up and put them on problem areas if you have specific spots you need lighter. One of my canines has always been very yellow so I'd put a piece of a strip on that tooth every night until it was lightened up to match the rest, then did all my teeth together. That was a couple years ago and I only now am starting to feel like it might be time to use the other half of my bleaching set(I bought one of those two packs). I think my canine looks like it is starting to look a tiny bit yellower again.

And I'm turning into a perfume addict too. Idk if anyone else does this, but I have scents that I like and then scents that I like for ME. Like just because I love a fragrance doesn't mean I will wear it, I like to wear stuff that I think goes with my look.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast