Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Today is day one of using a waist trainer. Immediately I've noticed that it really does offer excellent back support and it corrects your posture. Some people notice results in only a few weeks so I'll have to report back with my findings! At first it was somewhat uncomfortable (but totally tolerable) but now I hardly notice it. I've been wearing it for 4hrs which is longer than recommended for your first day - it's hard not to get overzealous with a garment that's suppose to whittle your waist lol

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,675 Times in 7,176 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

I'm ordering one from the UK^

Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,189 Posts

I want these two small moles removed from my face ( they are small but you can see them under makeup as a bump and it bugs me ). I also have this light " 11 " line between the brows but it's heavier on one side , so it's more of a 1 line. Can a derm fill in that little line ? I think it happened because I have a scar right there you can barely see but I think the line has just " settled " onto it . I'm going to start wearing sunglasses. I'm a minimalist and never carry them but I am seeing now that the " 11 " thing may be squint related.

Side note that it bothers me very much that USA doctors can't do a reasonable quote with a picture ( with the moles for example ) especially if I can give an exact measurement. This is silly and I know they are just gouging me for two visits when one is sufficient.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I swear to god I think I'm already seeing results from my waist trainer! The hourglass indentation on my body appears slightly more dramatic. You're supposed to gradually work your way up to 8hrs of wear each day but I feel fine while wearing it so I've gone up to 7hrs, and today I'm going for 8. You will notice a curvier shape immediately once you take it off and I'd say it takes about 4hrs or so for your shape to go back to normal. If you keep it up consistently, your body will maintain the hourglass shape and you will only have to wear the waist trainer a few days a week instead of everyday.

Also, it reduces your appetite. The last thing you want to do is stuff yourself while wearing this thing!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Ok, dumb ? was in touch w/this co about waist cincher, they said for size to measure my waist & go down 2"-4"??
    I'm confused, going to send email but it takes a while for them to get back, thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    Ok, dumb ? was in touch w/this co about waist cincher, they said for size to measure my waist & go down 2"-4"??
    I'm confused, going to send email but it takes a while for them to get back, thanks
    Huh, that's strange. Are you getting a belt or a full on waist trainer with hooks? Maybe they want you to measure your torso from your ribs down to your hips?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Idk, it's a front & back lace up one, lol I've went back n forth w/emails..

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^I think it is because you need to factor in the reduction once you have laced it up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

So, by that you mean get a smaller size?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^Yes, the way I understand it would be: my waist is 26", so I would order 24" if I wanted a gentle reduction, or 22" if I wanted to reduce more drastically/quickly.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JessaJade View Post
    ^Yes, the way I understand it would be: my waist is 26", so I would order 24" if I wanted a gentle reduction, or 22" if I wanted to reduce more drastically/quickly.
    Oh yeah! That makes sense. I remember when I was buying my waist trainer the website had a size guide that included measurements for a moderate fit which is recommended for first time waist trainees and a tighter fit for intermediates.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Ok, thanks a lot!
    I do have a couple cheapie ones, one hooks like a bra& the other is pull on, but it always rolls over & I have to take it off.
    So I'm looking forward to getting a nice lace up one that's quality

Thanks
    Thanked 2,974 Times in 966 Posts

I prefer the steel boned waist trainers. I don't know why but I have terrible luck with the ones that are made of that latex rubber type of material and have the hook and eye closure, like a bra. I paid $60 for an Amia waist trainer that has the hook and eye thing and it was awesome for a while but over time it started wrinkling at the waist. Now the waist wrinkles in it are permanent and make me look like I'm part Shar-pei dog in the waist or something(woof?).

Thanks
    Thanked 15,205 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Loreal Lash Paradise mascara (new product) is pretty bomb. No clumping and makes you look like you have a ton of lashes. I've heard it be compared to the Better than Sex mascara by Too Faced, which is far pricier.
    My honeymoon phase with this mascara has ended. It's great in all other ways, but it smears on my undereyes throughout the day, regardless of what foundation or concealer or setting powder i use. Which makes me look older and more tired throughout the day - not cool!

The Better Than Sex mascara does the same thing to me. So I'd say it's still a good dupe, if BTS works for you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

I like Streychex, by touch inSoul, Sephora
    I put Anastasia clear waterproofer on top

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223