Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1430

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 4,812 Times in 1,247 Posts

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JessaJade View Post
    I ordered some Bakuchiol serum today. It is supposed to be a good alternative to Retinol (which I avoid due to having rosacea) - looking forward to trying it.

Also, my latest random thing to obsess over is the beginnings of neck wrinkles. I've been aware of the importance of looking after the neck for many years but TBH probably have only been half-hearted about it as I didn't see any ageing until recently. I can see some of the 'rings' on my neck look more pronounced, but they're not too horrific - I'm actually just more irritated that the lines are asymmetrical.

I'm sure that's normal but it doesn't stop it being irritating. LOL. I will have adjusted and be obsessing over something else within a few weeks.
    Same here! My neck rings are looking more pronounced. Before I moved out of my last place, I was using my red light mask on my neck along with hyaluronic acid serum and that actually improved the way my neck looked. I haven't been able to use my mask lately but once I am moved into a new home I will start that ritual again. In the meantime I've been using neck cream and sunscreen to protect my neck. I may have to get Botox too eventually. Getting Botox in my neck scares me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,318 Times in 6,601 Posts

Nuface is great for the neck, though most folks don't have the motivation to keep up that daily habit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,741 Times in 7,582 Posts

I had a mole removed like 20 years ago at the top of my nose where it touches the forehead and the Dr. did a good job but it has a little scar.
    So now I have the beginnings of " 11 " lines between the brows but the one with the little scar is more pronounced. I think I want to go to the med place and get it fixed ( which I assume is an injection for the 11 to soften but also may need a small amount of filler for the more pronounced one ).

Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 2,145 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

So I noticed I have fine lines/wrinkles when I smile on my cheeks and close to my lower temple area so I started using hyluronic acid serum then moisturizer. I'm gonna start Sunday riley retinol A+ soon at night only. I got a good size sample of all of those including kate somerville exfoliant leave on. I want that shit gone asap ugh I'm on 38, waaay too young to have those.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 2,145 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Also I want an eye lift if there is such a thing with botox.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Nuface is great for the neck, though most folks don't have the motivation to keep up that daily habit.
    I will keep this in mind, bc I was looking to get a NuFace eventually.

Damn so I've been eating really clean and now my skin is looking more glowy. Been drinking a lot of water, too.

In other news... I need Botox. Once I hit a milestone in my savings, I'm going to treat myself.
    Last edited by LoveyD; 01-04-2022 at 07:55 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,887 Times in 862 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I have been using rerun a and doing red light at the gym, those two together have been great, stil need Botox but this is good!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ i think she meant retin-a (in response to a deleted post)
    Last edited by charlie61; 01-10-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks

I went ham on buying toners, essences, moisturizers, and spfs on yesstyle.com. i want to try everything!!!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Life-changing product for anyone who has foot calluses that return just a few days after being grated off. This is like holy grail for how quickly, effortlessly, and cheaply it works:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000G...b_b_asin_title

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,066 Times in 3,217 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    I went ham on buying toners, essences, moisturizers, and spfs on yesstyle.com. i want to try everything!!!
    My biggest confusion with the 10 stage korean face products is when do I put my tanning lotion on?! Before or after? Sometimes I think it would be best before all products because of the amount of hydrating products and then other times I run out of time and it also needs hours of absorption time for color. It's frustrating lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Also I want an eye lift if there is such a thing with botox.
    The Dr. gave me botox for my little fine lines on my forehead and also put botox to lift my eyebrows. Wont ever do that again because this made my eyes droop!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sugarsteepdoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    My biggest confusion with the 10 stage korean face products is when do I put my tanning lotion on?! Before or after? Sometimes I think it would be best before all products because of the amount of hydrating products and then other times I run out of time and it also needs hours of absorption time for color. It's frustrating lol.
    Omg girl, yeah, i would have no idea, because exfoliation and turning over cells quickly is such a big part of anti-aging skincare. I'd probably just use a darker foundation instead, tbh...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarsteepdoll View Post
    The Dr. gave me botox for my little fine lines on my forehead and also put botox to lift my eyebrows. Wont ever do that again because this made my eyes droop!
    I'd go to someone else. Happened to me w/ someone who went overboard which causes the drooping if not placed correctly and too much. I am still doing eyebrow lifts with botox but not going back to the person who overdid it in Irvine (I believe that was where I got it done in the past 1 time. Been to quite a few places over the years since I was 19 which is young for maintenance but oh well. You have to find 'your person' who you trust.) I've been at the place I'm at now happily for years with botox.
    Last edited by indiegirl; 01-11-2022 at 01:56 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I love my Botox doctor! She makes it look super natural and not phony or weird at all. I've had excellent results every time.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,363 Times in 2,866 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Pffff... I am dead. 59 fucking years and looks like 35. I need to save save save save because I'mma get this in my 40's lolololol!!!
    Skip to 1:30 ish for her before video and then skip at 9:35 ish for her 2 years post op results. Or watch the whole clip to see her whole journey and the recovery.
    I am not worried about aging anymore, lol.

* Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 690 Posts

^I saw this too - I subscribed to his channel after your other post. She looks amazing.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My beauty goal this year is to temporarily stop messing around with acids, microneedling treatments, and exfoliants, and instead rapidly work towards being able to use my .05% tretinoin every single night without irritation. Get back to super basic moisturizers, occlusives, and hydrating essences to keep my skin barrier intact, and just deal with the peeling and redness. I've been sleeping on this process by only using tret once a week due to focusing on other actives and trying to avoid peeling.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,581 Times in 6,372 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I am in loveeeee with Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey hairdress shine pomade.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

My mom is about to get eyebrow microblading from someone who is very well practiced in the field tomorrow.

I told her: You're about to get your first tattoo and it's your eyebrows!....you should get a tear drop under your eye while you're there LOLLLLL. Obviously no tear drop. I have a conservative mother and nobody in the fam has tattoos.

I'm so interested in her results! Hoping it looks good! I would like to decide between what to do with the brows too. Anything that is more simple than makeup sounds amazing .
    Last edited by indiegirl; 01-14-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,363 Times in 2,866 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    My mom is about to get eyebrow microblading from someone who is very well practiced in the field tomorrow.

I told her: You're about to get your first tattoo and it's your eyebrows!....you should get a tear drop under your eye while you're there LOLLLLL. Obviously no tear drop. I have a conservative mother and nobody in the fam has tattoos.

I'm so interested in her results! Hoping it looks good! I would like to decide between what to do with the brows too. Anything that is more simple than makeup sounds amazing .
    I have been microblading my brows since 2018. My brows regenerated ever since (I was lucky tho, I have normal thickness brows but I kept plucking them like crazy and I couldn't ever let them grow, then microblading saved my ass and they grew back because i was plucking only around the tattoo). Now I only do microblading once a year, I don't even go for the 1 month touch up anymore because they last, since my brows are normal, the tattoo makes them look fuller than they actually are. When I wear makeup I just use some brow pomade for an even look, but no more 10 minutes dedicated just to the brows anymore. Thanks to that, I really look good without makeup haha!!
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,667 Times in 3,842 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Same. I was ginger red for a while then decided I wanted a deep auburn, like the deepest shade of red that could be naturally occurring, and it ended up coming out that super fake cherry cola red with a purple undertone color. I think it looks fine on camera but once I'm in really bright light it's just soooooo fake and very 'strippery' I feel so I'm not into it. This is actually the only time in my life that I've ever had a completely unnatural hair color. I just got a lighter warm brown semi-permanent dye, I'm thinking that putting that over this once it fades some more will get me closer to what I was originally wanting. Although now I'm starting to like super bright orangey red shades.....
    Well it faded and I did dye the semi-permanent dye over it---and the color hasn't changed at all. All it did was camouflage my roots some, I dyed my eyebrows too and literally none of the dye transferred onto them.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Can anyone recommend something that would help me keep my nails strong enough to grow out? Is there something a manicurist can put on them to keep them from breaking? Like shellac or something? I used to get acrylics but I want to try to grow them out before I say "fuck it" and revert back to acrylics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    Can anyone recommend something that would help me keep my nails strong enough to grow out? Is there something a manicurist can put on them to keep them from breaking? Like shellac or something? I used to get acrylics but I want to try to grow them out before I say "fuck it" and revert back to acrylics.
    If you want something to apply onto your nails, i saw this recommended recently by a youtuber i trust: OPI Nail Envy Maximum Strength Nail Strengthener

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 690 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    I notice my nails get stronger when I consistently take my protein and collagen supplements.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast