Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 978 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Check out Paula's Choice - they have a couple of vitamin c boosters. And there are other Skinceuticals dupes out there that have c, e, and ferulic and aren't as pricey as the famous Skinceuticals serum. C is good for building collagen, providing antioxidant protection against environmental aggressors, helping with dark spots, and brightening skin. I'd use this in the morning, not at night with a retinol. I prefer to separate powerhouse ingredients by morning/night. Niacinamide is better for clarifying skin and tightening pores. I personally find that niacinamide agrees better with acne-prone skin.
    Quick question, is it bad to apply retinol while using vitamin c serum? I applied mine both day and night but retinol only in the daytime.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 514 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    Quick question, is it bad to apply retinol while using vitamin c serum? I applied mine both day and night but retinol only in the daytime.
    retinol is best at night

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,675 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Can I just use one or the other? Im lazy & dont wanna commot to day & night routines.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 514 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Can I just use one or the other? Im lazy & dont wanna commot to day & night routines.
    Depends on what you are looking for, retinol increases collagen production and helps with texture and aging. It takes awhile to be effective but if I had to pick between the two it would be retinol for the long term benefits. Vitamin c helps with brightness and redness. It also prevents and repairs sun damage which is why it is recommended as a day product.

some people have no problem with retinol during the day but it can respond badly to sun exposure, or even immediate redness, which on its own is nothing but may not be fun to have throughout the day. It also reacts with lots of other daytime products like ahas. Sorry I should have added this in my first response.

if layering do vitimin c first because of the pH.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,404 Times in 5,622 Posts

A lot of people don't like the temporary side effects that come with going on to a retinol (peeling, potential breakouts, sensitivity, redness), but it's soooo worth it for the long-term effects, if you're able to deal with the initial side effects. I personally got horrible cystic acne when i tried to use even the mildest OTC retinol from Skinceuticals, but my Rx .025% (and now .05%) has never given me acne. I do get skin peeling, though. My skin got used to the .025%, but now it's peeling again with the gradual switch to.05%.

Sunlight decreases efficacy of retinol, and retinol makes your skin more sensitive to UV since it significantly increases the turnover rate of your skin cells, so sunscreen is an absolute must during the day when you have a retinol regimen. That's one of the reasons why your skin may break out more when you start using a retinol; your skin cells are turning over much more quickly, but the dead skin isn't being sloughed off at the same rate, so your pores can become blocked up.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 358 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

What is the LONGEST lasting Hyaluronic Acid filler? I HATE that my lips disappear so quick. I like them BIG!

I am thinking about going to another clinic next month. They work with Stylage.

Anybody ever get 2mls (2 syringes) in the lip in one session?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

I just wanted to chime in & say that I just bought a bunch of stuff from Ulta online & LOVE the Loreal Fit Me loose finishing powder as well as a few Maybelline products I got for their bogo sale. The Fit Me powder is literally a dupe for the Laura Mercier loose powder. I also tried the Becca undereye color corrector for my horrible dark circles & it's amazing! Expensive but worth it to go under your concealer & set it with your full coverage powder (if you use that).

My last thing I wanted to recommend that I recently got again is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder for my setting & full coverage powder. It's also a dupe for Mac studio fix powder. I've been using it for years now & love it. Drugstore products really aren't all that bad honestly.

Now I'm gonna try the miracle worker by Philosophy undereye cream for these dark circles. That shit's expensive but it's so worth it from the reviews I've read.

"Respect is a dying art"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraJade View Post
    What is the LONGEST lasting Hyaluronic Acid filler? I HATE that my lips disappear so quick. I like them BIG!

Juvederm is awesome.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,722 Times in 2,590 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^All fillers damn near vanish on me and juvederm is one of them. The only reason my lips are still full is from the scar tissue formation from years of injections.

Never heard of stylage, but the only super long-term filler I know of that actually works(for the people whose bodies eat the filler really fast that need it that is) is when doctors use stuff off-label. Like putting artefill in the lips, putting fillers not meant for the lips in the lips. The reason why it's illegal is because specific fillers are FDA-approved for specific purposes/bodyparts.

I have had doctors tell me that they've done multiple syringes in one session.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,920 Times in 4,816 Posts

I love Burt's Bees radiance body lotion with Royal jelly. I put it on my face and it makes it look all glowy.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    ^^All fillers damn near vanish on me and juvederm is one of them. The only reason my lips are still full is from the scar tissue formation from years of injections.

Never heard of stylage, but the only super long-term filler I know of that actually works(for the people whose bodies eat the filler really fast that need it that is) is when doctors use stuff off-label. Like putting artefill in the lips, putting fillers not meant for the lips in the lips. The reason why it's illegal is because specific fillers are FDA-approved for specific purposes/bodyparts.

I have had doctors tell me that they've done multiple syringes in one session.
    Permanent fillers and injectable silicone are forbidden in my country. Luckily tho because I heard it can cause a lot of problems. I have seen people IRL who put the very thick kinds of hyaluronic acid in their lips. The ones made for chins and cheekbones. But I don't like their results. Very prominent duck face look and they look stiff when they talk. Wouldn't recommend, lol.

I wanted to try Juvederm, but I heard it is too malleable and can migrate to above your lip too quick.

I went 4 times in one year, doing the Russian method (injecting the border, where you get like 10 needle sticks top and 10 bottom) so I have a lot of scar tissue. But I need a new plump Having a high metabolism is great, but the downside is that my body eats up fillers and Botox like its nothing.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I am thinking about getting Lipo on my waistline and stomach in the future too! I want that snatched look. Small waist, flat tummy. I am slender, but I do have a little bit of stubborn belly fat, as the majority of women do I don't have a lot of fat, so I can't go for a BBL, nor do I want too, but nice big boobs (thinking about a boobjob too) with a small waist is a great look. Plus, a small waist will also make the booty and hips look bigger optically.

I want the fat transferred to my face. To my lips, cheekbones and under my eyes. Apparently its a great alternative to fillers. It stays longer than fillers, fat is softer and feels, moves and looks more natural. Plus, fat contains stem cells which can, in the future, prevent and slow aging down. I am 26, so aging isn't a big concern for me yet but if it can help me look good in the next 5 tot 10 years, why not

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I am sorry for the double post! Boob job wise, does anybody here have saline implants? I don't feel good about silicone implants, all the stories about breast implant illness scare me. So I am thinking about saline. But is difficult to find a doctor in my country who uses saline. They all use textured silicone and those even have a small chance of causing a rare form of cancer. What are your experiences with saline, or silicone, whatever you have I want to hear some stories! <3

I already don't have small boobs. I am a D cup. But they sag a little and I don't have a lot of volume on top. I want firm, big round boobs that stand up so I can wear cute bras and tanktops on cam without wearing a super tight maximizer push up underneath it

I might go in for a consultation next year, when Covid is over. I am curious what size would be good for me. I am tall and I have a wide chest so I think there's a chance I come out big..... cc's wise. Lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Can anyone recommend a cleanser that is a makeup remover & anti aging & maybe some sort of either vitamin c or retinol? I used Loreal Reviatlift for years but have trouble finding it now. I mostly want it to improve lines in my forehead & a few around my eyes due to stress as of recently. I'm contemplating getting some of the Philosophy Miracle Worker Eye cream for that targeted area anyway but am due for a new cleanser.

"Respect is a dying art"

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Can anyone recommend a cleanser that is a makeup remover & anti aging & maybe some sort of either vitamin c or retinol? I used Loreal Reviatlift for years but have trouble finding it now. I mostly want it to improve lines in my forehead & a few around my eyes due to stress as of recently. I'm contemplating getting some of the Philosophy Miracle Worker Eye cream for that targeted area anyway but am due for a new cleanser.
    I would splurge on a nice serum with Retinol or Vit C. Paula's Choice has good ones. If you want affordable: I like using The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid myself. I only use 2% but I am young and aging isn't a big concern for me yet. Never used their Vit C but heard good stories about it. A cleanser with active ingredients is a waste of money, since the ingredients need to go in the skin and not be rinsed off!

I remove my makeup with a two phase cleanser. Then I cleanse twice with CeraVe. Affordable and good for the skin, dermatologist recommended. First time I remove the oily makeup residue. Second time I do a quick cleanse to take off the last stuff. Double cleansing is a godsend!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

I would splurge on a nice serum with Retinol or Vit C. Paula's Choice has good ones. If you want affordable: I like using The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid myself. I only use 2% but I am young and aging isn't a big concern for me yet. Never used their Vit C but heard good stories about it. A cleanser with active ingredients is a waste of money, since the ingredients need to go in the skin and not be rinsed off!

I remove my makeup with a two phase cleanser. Then I cleanse twice with CeraVe. Affordable and good for the skin, dermatologist recommended. First time I remove the oily makeup residue. Second time I do a quick cleanse to take off the last stuff. Double cleansing is a godsend!
    Ya I saw a 5 star review for the murad vit c cleanser & thought about purchasing it but still unsure. I just need a basic cleanser at this point.

"Respect is a dying art"

Thanks

My experience is that spending lots of money on cleansers is a waste, because it doesn't spend enough time on your face for any active ingredients to make a difference. I have sensitive skin and enjoy Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, which i bought in the big shower size with the pump to make it more economical. If i wear makeup, i double cleanse with an organic oil like rosehip seed, wipe that off in the shower with a muslin cloth, and then use a cleanser to remove everything. I would say avoid clear gel cleansers if you have sensitive skin, and especially if you're using a retinol. I'm sure there are lots of great cream cleansers out there that aren't pricey. Just be aware that with cream cleansers, many are not harsh enough to get stubborn makeup off, hence why many folks double cleanse (oil then cream cleanser) instead of using a single harsh soap.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Omfg look at this. If I can find that stuff at my local Walgreens or Walmart, i'll try it and report back!!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,722 Times in 2,590 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Does anyone know a good drugstore kohl eyeliner? I've only ever used the Mac kind but I always have to order it online because I don't have any Mac stores super close and it would be nice to have an easier, closer option. I would say cheaper too but drugstore makeup can be really damn expensive, at least where I live. It's barely a cheaper alternative.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    My experience is that spending lots of money on cleansers is a waste, because it doesn't spend enough time on your face for any active ingredients to make a difference. I have sensitive skin and enjoy Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, which i bought in the big shower size with the pump to make it more economical. If i wear makeup, i double cleanse with an organic oil like rosehip seed, wipe that off in the shower with a muslin cloth, and then use a cleanser to remove everything. I would say avoid clear gel cleansers if you have sensitive skin, and especially if you're using a retinol. I'm sure there are lots of great cream cleansers out there that aren't pricey. Just be aware that with cream cleansers, many are not harsh enough to get stubborn makeup off, hence why many folks double cleanse (oil then cream cleanser) instead of using a single harsh soap.
    Forgot to mention that i use a cream cleanser from Paula's Choice in the mornings - i only double cleanse / use a stronger cleanser at night. Purity Made Simple (what i use at night) isn't a harsh, clear foaming soap, but it is stronger than a lot of cream cleansers. It will get your makeup off without double cleansing, but it's never too harsh for my skin. Would love to find a slightly cheaper, similar product elsewhere, but hey, it works for my sensitive skin. I don't like the feeling of cleansing at night with the Cetaphil cream cleanser, for example, as i don't like the hydrating film that a lot of similar products leave behind. It makes me feel like i still have crap on my face. And Purity Made Simple was pretty cheap for me. I think i paid $55 for the giant shower pump, and it has lasted me well over a year...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

I am sorry for the double post! Boob job wise, does anybody here have saline implants? I don't feel good about silicone implants, all the stories about breast implant illness scare me. So I am thinking about saline. But is difficult to find a doctor in my country who uses saline. They all use textured silicone and those even have a small chance of causing a rare form of cancer. What are your experiences with saline, or silicone, whatever you have I want to hear some stories! <3

I already don't have small boobs. I am a D cup. But they sag a little and I don't have a lot of volume on top. I want firm, big round boobs that stand up so I can wear cute bras and tanktops on cam without wearing a super tight maximizer push up underneath it

I might go in for a consultation next year, when Covid is over. I am curious what size would be good for me. I am tall and I have a wide chest so I think there's a chance I come out big..... cc's wise. Lol
    They have different styles of breast implants. The "ideal implant" breast implant is something I wish was around when I got mine done. It feels like silicone but it's saline. Used to have silicone and had a major immune system issue with them and got them removed. Went back to saline and my health issues were gone.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,085 Times in 1,629 Posts

Neutrogena has this microdermabrasion tool that is pretty much like a vibrating face scrubber. After using it, my skin is so soft! I also love their pore refining face scrub too because whenever I use it, I totally see a difference. My skin looks a lot more radiant overall a lot better. Neutrogea isn't expensive but it actually works pretty well. I'm going to start on their retinol eye cream to once it gets delivered. The skin around my eyes could use some firming up. I'll report on that after some time passes.
    [QUOTE=We had a rabbit like you;3051234]And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.[/QUOTE

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,098 Times in 1,816 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but boxycharm is amazing. Sure, they send you 5 full sized mid-top tier makeup/skin care items monthly that are tailored to a profile you fill out, but the real kicker is something called their “Pop up shop” which they do quarterly I believe. Basically they have a huge variety of higher end skin care and makeup at a very steep discount. My face wash is usually $38 pre tax at Ulta, but boxycharm had the full size on sale for under $12. Ended up purchasing a bunch, along with a few of my favorite eye creams that usually retail for $90+ for $6 a pop. They don’t have every item/brand imaginable, but the variety is pretty decent. They also have member ratings posted, which is nice if you’re thinking about trying a new product and want to know if it’s worth the buy. So if you like or use higher end products or simply like subscription boxes, I really recommend taking the plunge and getting it (they start at $25 per month)
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

40. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,085 Times in 1,629 Posts

So today I decided to try a henna hair color that was a nice chocolate brown. After I applied it, I looked at my hair and saw red roots! Oh no! So I went to Target and got this purple shampoo for $6.50 or so and I believe it was the L'Oreal brand Ever Pure purple shampoo. It's supposed to help with orange brassiness. It helps big time. I washed my hair with it and saw a lot of the red dye come out, and now my hair is exactly the shade I was going for... A rich bitch chocolate brown. It doesn't do the best job covering grays, so I'm probably just going to use my normal hair color for that, but if I want to color my hair or refresh it in between using my regular dye, I'll totally do it. The color is gorgeous and henna is good for your hair.
    Last edited by LoveyDovey; 12-19-2020 at 07:38 AM.
    [QUOTE=We had a rabbit like you;3051234]And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.[/QUOTE

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Can I use the ordinary serum with retinol over a vit c serum?

"Respect is a dying art"

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast