Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 16,869 Times in 5,417 Posts

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Just thought I'd mention that hair loss is a sign of zinc deficiency, and very healthy (but repetitive) diets that are high in phytic acid can cause all sorts of mineral deficiencies. I recently realized I had a zinc deficiency (hair loss, acne, skin peeling) caused by my obsession with beans and rice. The skin has the highest concentration of zinc in the body, so it's usually the first to reveal a deficiency.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,111 Times in 2,348 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I'm beginning to loosen-up fashion-wise I think. I'm a really zany, quirky person but my wardrobe does not reflect that at all; I only wear neutrals or black and I like things that are tailored with zero details. Just recently I was ordering sunglasses and was stuck between a safer black pair that I thought would fit my face better and these crazy bright blue cat-eye ones that I knew would not fit my face shape at all. I actually said 'fuck it' and bought the crazy pair and I wear them all the time now. They make me look like an alien and I don't care. Then I fell in love with this crazy multicolored faux fur coat that has patches of TEAL in it, a color I would never be found in. At first I didn't buy it because I felt it was too funky to actually end up getting worn but then again I said 'fuck it' and I just ordered it, I figure I can throw it on over some of my all-black outfits. I'm starting to let my freak flag fly I guess.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Tea tree oil has dramatically shrunk the pores on my nose, which has made my blackheads far less visible.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,229 Posts

I actually like the smell of self-tanner. Does that make me a creep?

Also I've been using the "curly girl" method for my hair, and it has soooo much more volume and is way less frizzy. I love it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuesdaymarie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Taking 2-3 grams of omega-3 fatty acids has completely gotten rid of any PMS symptoms I used to experience. Granted, I've only ever had very mild symptoms. My breasts used to get sore for the week before I started, and I'd experience some mild burning / cramping for the first day or two of my period. But I don't have any of that anymore.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,456 Times in 3,228 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

i absolutely LOVE badger tinted sunscreen. it doubles as a foundation because if you live in the US, our makeup is just chock-full of chemicals and nasty shit but this stuff only has like 3 or 4 ingredients and its sheer enough to fit most skin shades if you are caucasian. i'm looking into making my own blush with arrow root and beet powder. i'm going to try that this week

12. The Following User Says Thank You to simone87 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Has anyone here ever waist-trained? I just bought one hoping it will help my posture, I always slouch so bad while I'm sitting in front of my laptop. I doubt it will help long term though, I mean the reason I slouch is because my core muscles are so weak and I don't think a waist trainer will strengthen them because when you wear it and sit straight the waist trainer is what's doing the work, not your muscles. But still it's so uncomfortable slouching and unhealthy because it makes your spinal disks compress which can cause a myriad of health problems.

I really doubt they long-term narrow your torso like they are purported to though, maybe if you wore it for a minimum of 22 hours a day for YEARS it would. There's only one chick on instagram that I know of who seems to have been waist-training very regularly for a while and while yes she does have a freakishly small waist, I notice that in the pics and videos she takes of herself showing off the extreme waist narrowness she has fresh marks and dents on her torso from the cincher so she's taking the pics right after she takes it off and before she spreads back out again.

Thanks

Cobra yoga pose for back strengthening! Most people have overdeveloped abdominals and underdeveloped erectors (set of back muscles). After a couple of months of yoga, my back feels like a snake's. So much stronger than it used to be.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 542 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Has anyone here ever waist-trained? I just bought one hoping it will help my posture, I always slouch so bad while I'm sitting in front of my laptop. I doubt it will help long term though, I mean the reason I slouch is because my core muscles are so weak and I don't think a waist trainer will strengthen them because when you wear it and sit straight the waist trainer is what's doing the work, not your muscles. But still it's so uncomfortable slouching and unhealthy because it makes your spinal disks compress which can cause a myriad of health problems.

I really doubt they long-term narrow your torso like they are purported to though, maybe if you wore it for a minimum of 22 hours a day for YEARS it would. There's only one chick on instagram that I know of who seems to have been waist-training very regularly for a while and while yes she does have a freakishly small waist, I notice that in the pics and videos she takes of herself showing off the extreme waist narrowness she has fresh marks and dents on her torso from the cincher so she's taking the pics right after she takes it off and before she spreads back out again.
    http://youtu.be/AlsrW35KcI4 I found this channel on youtube, you can watch many informative vids. And atleast this is video not some random intagram pics whci could be photoshoped.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 598 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

^Aw I want electrolysis so badly, but I did a test patch and my skin burned, so was unsuitable for the treatment

I'm so bored of the never-ending upkeep too.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 Times in 1,321 Posts

I've wanted lip injections forever because I have a tiny Kylie Jenner upper lip. I'm worried that because it's so thin that if the injections aren't done, like, perfectly, that it'll be really noticeable and look terrible. Do lip injections only do the Lisa Rinna thing if you get waaayyy too much?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 Times in 1,321 Posts

I just emailed an electrolysis-tech(??) to set up an appointment, I'm so ready for my bush to be dealt with permanently. I'm over constant razor burn and over having to do so much preparation before being intimate with a dude.
    Is electrolysis ever tax deductible? I know it's not for civilians but I wonder if, like implants above a certain cc, you can deduct a certain level of electrolysis.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Well I get naked at work and electrolysis would make me look way better naked so I know I would deduct it. My razor burn looks horrible on cam sometimes.

And no you won't turn into Lisa Rinna, huge fake lips don't happen by accident. It would take thousands of dollars in filler for them to get that big.

Thanks

I hope mine goes okay, it's such a headache. My bush is huge and the hair is very coarse. I do NOT want to attempt laser hair removal.
    Curious about why you're turned off by laser hair removal - I had a great experience (light skin, dark hair). I'm here if you'd like my thoughts, but if not, I won't be offended!

Thanks

Just ordered a bunch of skincare stuff from Amazon. I'm having fun experimenting with basic products... Instead of buying a single, expensive product that only has one or two great ingredients in it, I buy the great ingredients separately and make my own stuff. It's weird when you start looking at skincare products and you realize how little of the product is actually good for your skin. There are SO many pricey lotions out there that are 50% mineral oil, for example, which isn't something I want to smear all over myself.

I bought...

-Vitamin E oil (add to oil mix for face and also body lotion)
    -Pomegranate-seed oil (add to oil mix for face)
    -Jojoba oil (use as base for oil mix for face)
    -Rosehip-seed oil (add to oil mix for face)
    -Glycerin (definitely will add to body lotion mix, might add to oil mix for face)
    -Witch hazel and rose water toner (alcohol free)

I've been making my own body lotion using Aveeno's body lotion as a base. I add a bunch of other stuff to the half-used bottle: avocado oil, rosehip-seed oil, vitamin e, etc. I also bought a container of mica to add to the body lotion that I use for work...I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping it'll make my pale skin luminous without looking glittery!: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008KSEN5C/...451350385&sr=1

I use an amber-colored dropper bottle to make an oil mix for my face: jojoba oil, rosehip-seed oil, etc. I've been obsessed with using oils to moisturize lately... I keep my tea-tree oil separate since I don't always want to deal with the smell.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Curious about why you're turned off by laser hair removal - I had a great experience (light skin, dark hair). I'm here if you'd like my thoughts, but if not, I won't be offended!
    A few reasons: For one it's not guaranteed to be permanent and I know of many incidents where over time people's hair did start growing back in it's original state(or worse). 2.) I have heard a lot of people say that the hair doesn't stop growing but that it comes in thinner, like I'm guessing coarse hair growing back as fine hair? Which is probably fine for most people but I have a huge bush, like it covers a lot of area so I want the size of it reduced. Like I actually need the hair in some spots GONE. And I'm sure that just like with anything different people get different results, but considering how much hair I have and how coarse it is I'm sure my odds of being one of the people who end up experiencing major regrowth are high.

And also I do not want to have to keep going back and back and back.... I think I read that 4-6 treatments is the norm and I'm sure with my situation I'd need more like 6-8. I don't live super close to any laser clinics so that's a lot of driving, even if I thought I would be a good candidate for laser hair removal I would still go with electrolysis just for the sake of it taking less visits and because once an area is done it's actually completely done for forever.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Grrrrrr the chick wrote me back, her wait list is 3-5 months. She has amazing reviews and I'm not in a rush so I guess I'll wait it out.

And while still on the body hair topic, I have always heard that the more you remove hair by the root the less likely it will be to come back. That has not been true in my experience at all and I just recently read that root removal actually makes the hair come back stronger because when you rip the hair out you injure the follicle so the body registers the injury and makes the new hair stronger to better resist injury. Dunno if that's true but all I know is that years of root removal has not caused my hair to thin at all.
    Last edited by Genoveve; 10-23-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,456 Times in 3,228 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

^ i think it just takes a lot of pulling it out by the root to train your hair into not growing back. i know that when i had trichotillomania i was told that if i kept pulling, my hair would eventually not grow back, and in one spot its still has a hard time growing. repeating the pulling/tweezing regularly is key.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to simone87 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,630 Times in 1,173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Just ordered a bunch of skincare stuff from Amazon. I'm having fun experimenting with basic products... Instead of buying a single, expensive product that only has one or two great ingredients in it, I buy the great ingredients separately and make my own stuff. It's weird when you start looking at skincare products and you realize how little of the product is actually good for your skin. There are SO many pricey lotions out there that are 50% mineral oil, for example, which isn't something I want to smear all over myself.

I bought...

-Vitamin E oil (add to oil mix for face and also body lotion)
    -Pomegranate-seed oil (add to oil mix for face)
    -Jojoba oil (use as base for oil mix for face)
    -Rosehip-seed oil (add to oil mix for face)
    -Glycerin (definitely will add to body lotion mix, might add to oil mix for face)
    -Witch hazel and rose water toner (alcohol free)

I've been making my own body lotion using Aveeno's body lotion as a base. I add a bunch of other stuff to the half-used bottle: avocado oil, rosehip-seed oil, vitamin e, etc. I also bought a container of mica to add to the body lotion that I use for work...I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping it'll make my pale skin luminous without looking glittery!: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008KSEN5C/...451350385&sr=1

I use an amber-colored dropper bottle to make an oil mix for my face: jojoba oil, rosehip-seed oil, etc. I've been obsessed with using oils to moisturize lately... I keep my tea-tree oil separate since I don't always want to deal with the smell.
    I just started using some of those things recently and my skin looks really good! I got the vitamin E, jojoba, rose hip, and witch hazel with rose water toner (plus lavender & tea tree oil & this amazing dead sea salt mud mask). All from amazon also haha. But my skin was not looking good since I moved and I kept breaking out but since I started using all these things my skin is clear. Jojoba is amazing! I have really dry skin and since I've been using it my skin is so moisturized.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 542 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I bought this oil http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00
    heard good reviews.
    and im about to buy http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AN7Q4MSRGGN4M
    Product Description
    Certified by TheraLight to operate in the therapeutically optimal 850nm (healing wavelength) providing skin penetrating therapeutic results including: ache and pain reduction, stimulation of collagen and elastin and reduction of wrinkles and fine lines. Red light Infrared light therapy has shown benefits to those experiencing symptoms from: Fibromyalgia, Lyme Disease, herniated and bulging discs, pulled and strained muscles and sports injuries. Teflon Tuff-Coat shatter resistant coating allows Near Infrared light while making it less likely to break. Teflon coating may show minor blemishes but these do not effect function of the bulb and are a result of Teflon application process. Can be some blemishes on teflon coating as this is a secondary process but does not effect bulb performance.
    lets see what results i will get.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by simone87 View Post
    ^ i think it just takes a lot of pulling it out by the root to train your hair into not growing back. i know that when i had trichotillomania i was told that if i kept pulling, my hair would eventually not grow back, and in one spot its still has a hard time growing. repeating the pulling/tweezing regularly is key.
    I wish that would happen to me, I've been tweezing my bikini area regularly for a decade now and it has made no dent, I actually find that the older I get the hairier I get. I don't know if it's from the plucking making it grow more or if it's just an age thing, I mean we've all seen old people with tufts of hair coming out of their ears and shit.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,606 Times in 6,568 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by kaninchen View Post
    I've wanted lip injections forever because I have a tiny Kylie Jenner upper lip. I'm worried that because it's so thin that if the injections aren't done, like, perfectly, that it'll be really noticeable and look terrible. Do lip injections only do the Lisa Rinna thing if you get waaayyy too much?
    I love my new lips.What do you think? LOL!!c025594243c3dcf6dda79c4df4b1505c.jpg

Thanks

Leven Rose has a promotion on amazon right now for 20% off their products. I bought three oils from them and saved $10. Code: TREATYOS (enter at checkout). I've been happy with their oils in past orders.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,849 Times in 10,253 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Duh Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

OMG^ Her lips look like fuckin' Plungers!
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,849 Times in 10,253 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Arrow Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

I want this: http://nursejamie.com/acellerator-ultra#.VoSAp7YrKt8

& also, the pillow, it's on 'Best Sellers"
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast