Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 19,832 Times in 10,244 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Has anyone ever used prescription hydroquinone? I just set up a consultation so I can get a prescription, I have a birthmark on my ass that I've never liked it's like a blotch of skin where the pigment is darker. I was talking to the lady on the phone at the clinic about doing PDT on it and she said bleaching cream is best for birthmarks. She said they also have some sort of laser thing that they do that's $900 and I guess it gets rid of the birthmark right away but that you have to keep using a certain kind of cream on it or else it will come back? So does that mean if I stop using the bleaching cream it will come back?

I think I'll ask them for a prescription retinol too.
    I used the regular hydro-wht/ev, & it irritated my skin (on face), 'Ambi'. They have it in natural form too. Do you sun bare assed? If you do, use sunscreen, otherwise it should be good, the sun causes brown spots to come bk.
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,863 Times in 5,414 Posts

Can't remember if I posted this. But instead of buying blotting paper for oil, use toilet paper or paper towels. Works just as well, costs nothing, and is readily available wherever you are. I use it even if I'm just spending time with a friend. When I need to use the restroom, I blot while I sit.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 542 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Can't remember if I posted this. But instead of buying blotting paper for oil, use toilet paper or paper towels. Works just as well, costs nothing, and is readily available wherever you are. I use it even if I'm just spending time with a friend. When I need to use the restroom, I blot while I sit.
    I tried a beautyblender for taking oil of face while wearing a makeup really works the best! Does not move makeup at all. Cheap amazon beautyblender does same result as expensive one. You have to just tap,tap blender on oily places.
    My review on Allogi oils. All i can say is WOW! Today i was looking at my skin and Skin looks so good and i looked all day fresh! I have not been outside at all, and i had headache yesterday it was so bad, i checked myself in the mirror i looked so good and it kind of surprised me. Skin looks radiant! Oil going under makeup perfectly does not leave skin oily after at all.

Thanks

Has anyone tried waist training? I know this was brought up earlier. I was surprised to see a little blurb about it in Oprah recently...I guess I'd assumed that it couldn't possibly be healthy for your body, but the article made it sound like an innocuous thing to try. So now I'm curious again..

Thanks
    Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,348 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^I've been wearing a waist trainer while I work so I sit up straight instead of slouching lately, I love it. I do not think it will change anyone's structure over time though. You look slimmer while it's on but once you take it off you're back to normal. There's an IG model who is the spokesperson for a waist training company, she wears her trainer religiously and while she does have a tiny waist you can always see marks from the trainer on her in the photos and videos she takes so she's taking them right after the trainer comes off and presumably before she spreads back out. Here's a photo where you can see her tiny waist and the fresh marks from the trainer: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...D3YQMwhsKDAwMA

And it's not photoshopped because she posts videos of her body looking exactly the same. Mind you she had an hourglass body to start with which is why her results look so good.

These trainers though I don't think are hardcore enough to deform your bone structure which is what happened with historical corsetry. And even if they were you would need to wear them regularly for a very loooong time for your bones to be manipulated. You have to think, with historical corsetry the boning in them was actually made of BONE, so they were wearing corsets made of materials that were completely inflexible and they wore them from puberty onward, while the girls' bodies were still growing and developing and forming.
    Last edited by Genoveve; 10-23-2016 at 02:08 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^I've been wearing a waist trainer while I work so I sit up straight instead of slouching lately, I love it. I do not think it will change anyone's structure over time though. You look slimmer while it's on but once you take it off you're back to normal. There's an IG model who is the spokesperson for a waist training company, she wears her trainer religiously and while she does have a tiny waste you can always see marks from the trainer on her in the photos and videos she takes so she's taking them right after the trainer comes off and presumably before she spreads back out. Here's a photo where you can see her tiny waist and the fresh marks from the trainer: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...D3YQMwhsKDAwMA

And it's not photoshopped because she posts videos of her body looking exactly the same. Mind you she had an hourglass body to start with which is why her results look so good.

These trainers though I don't think are hardcore enough to deform your bone structure which is what happened with historical corsetry. And even if they were you would need to wear them regularly for a very loooong time for your bones to be manipulated. You have to think, with historical corsetry the boning in them was actually made of BONE, so they were wearing corsets made of materials that were completely inflexible and they wore them from puberty onward, while the girls' bodies were still growing and developing and forming.
    There are some women on tumblr who swear by it and don't make any money off of advocating for the results. They're open about wearing them for long periods, but they say the results last after taking them off. Huh.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Well all I can say is when I see it I will believe it.

Thanks

Well all I can say is when I see it I will believe it.
    Yeah, I'm super curious to hear if you notice results. I'm also wondering if lesser-quality brands differ from more expensive options. SwanCoast is the brand I've seen mentioned positively on social media. Shrugs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^That's where mine is from! And you can't go by my results because I'm not going for any, I'm not doing the 'waist training program' which is where I guess they tell you how many hours to wear your trainer/s and for how many weeks depending on your stats and stuff. I just throw mine on for work then it comes off and I work very sporadically and for short shifts(unfortunately lol). It's a shame because I would wear the trainer more because I like that it helps me to have good posture in it but the top of it digs into my underboob/ribcage area and it gets really uncomfortable.

Btw from my experience of it helps anyone, I don't think the waist trainer will force/trick you to have good posture because you can still slouch in it. But I use it as a guide and am purposely very aware of my posture while I'm sitting in it.

Speaking of beauty crazes, has anyone else seen the fit teas that have taken over?? If I see one more chick advertising tea............! I'm actually a big fan of herbal teas but the girls who already have amazing bodies advertising these weight-loss teas drive me nuts. How about one of these companies actually use an overweight spokesperson so we can see these purported results.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,934 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

My skin is so dehydrated, but all thick creams break me out, my skin has been crazy since being here.
    xoxo

Thanks
    Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,444 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

^^^^ Drink more water. Hydrating starts in the inside.

I have Botox and injections. I found the restalyne to actually be more or less permanent, I got it almost 4 years ago between my eyes and in my labial fold area (smile lines?) and it held up. The botox in my forehead has lasted about a year but I need to redo it. So, whoever had commented earlier on this I think maybe it's your skin/muscles reacting poorly or the place you are going.

I also waist train, I do some kind of extreme shit actually. I wear a super tight faja (type of girdle)see fajascolombianas.com with a hard boned corset over it to sleep and occasionally work out. I definitely see a difference the next day and plan to start wearing it the majority of the time for the next 6 months as I get back into dancing. However, this is not for everyone. I bought a faja for my sister and she couldn't breathe in it! Also, those it Works! wraps are good to reduce the size of your waist IME.

On a separate, random note, is anyone else seeing the thick. natural eyebrow thing making a comeback where you live/work. I know it has been back for awhile but Miami is super slow on trends.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    My skin is so dehydrated, but all thick creams break me out, my skin has been crazy since being here.
    Maybe it's reacting to the change of climate?
    Simple brand lotion is a nice non heavy moisturizer, or some light face oil. Ialso love Pacifica brand, they've a great range of skin prods

17. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,630 Times in 1,173 Posts

I also wear a waist trainer and I definitely notice a difference. I wear it all day before work and my stomach is way flatter and my waist is smaller for my whole shift pretty much. I also have gone down in size so I think it's done something (and I havent lost any weight.. if anything I've gained weight lol). I'm also planning on getting the next size down too (3XS .. I think it's as small as they get.. it's annoying they go all the way up to like 10XL or something crazy lol but only as small as 3XS).

Also, the girl Genoveve posted has had SOO much surgery omg. You should see her before pictures she looks like a completely different person and a whole different ethnicity lol. Her waist is tiny but I wouldn't be surprised if she's had ribs removed lol. But I still love wearing my waist trainer (I'm wearing it now as I type this!)

Also make sure you compare prices because people are really milking this waist training fad and selling the same trainers for ridiculous prices. I think it's best to just find a brand you like and get it off amazon.. or from a site you found it the cheapest on. The brand of mine is Ann Chery and you can find it at a decent price.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,444 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by 22lligm View Post
    I also wear a waist trainer and I definitely notice a difference.... But I still love wearing my waist trainer (I'm wearing it now as I type this!)

Also make sure you compare prices because people are really milking this waist training fad and selling the same trainers for ridiculous prices. I think it's best to just find a brand you like and get it off amazon.. or from a site you found it the cheapest on. The brand of mine is Ann Chery and you can find it at a decent price.
    Ann Cherry is a Colombian brand, they are by far the best quality. I am not sure where in the country you live but in Miami you can have someone make them smaller for you. If you want to PM me I can recommend a reputable place in Miami you may be able to ship it to.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    Ann Cherry is a Colombian brand, they are by far the best quality. I am not sure where in the country you live but in Miami you can have someone make them smaller for you. If you want to PM me I can recommend a reputable place in Miami you may be able to ship it to.
    Oh cool I'm glad they're known as a good brand because it's all I've used and they seem like great quality to me. At first I thought you said they were 'far from the best' haha. I'll PM you right now!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Yes the Texas winter really dries out my skin, been here a year now and my skin was fine in warmer months but now it's desert dry. I already use Simple rich cream but it seems it's not enough here, my skin also breaks out way easier here too. Gonna drink more water and try some sort of supplements any suggestions would be great.
    xoxo

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 598 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

^A really good product for dehydrated skin is Dermalogica hydrating booster. It's a serum with hyaluronic acid, very light so not a product that overloads your skin with oils.

I have the problem of my skin being oily but dehydrated at the same time.

You use it under moisturiser, but sometimes I use it alone at night to let my skin breathe.

It's a bit pricey but you only need a few drops!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Chanz, how about a face oil ?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    Yes the Texas winter really dries out my skin, been here a year now and my skin was fine in warmer months but now it's desert dry. I already use Simple rich cream but it seems it's not enough here, my skin also breaks out way easier here too. Gonna drink more water and try some sort of supplements any suggestions would be great.
    Ugh this is how my skin has been since i moved to Texas too. I use Jojoba oil everyday now and it's been less dry.. but when it gets REALLY dry I'll use coconut oil.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 22lligm View Post
    I also wear a waist trainer and I definitely notice a difference. I wear it all day before work and my stomach is way flatter and my waist is smaller for my whole shift pretty much. I also have gone down in size so I think it's done something (and I havent lost any weight.. if anything I've gained weight lol). I'm also planning on getting the next size down too (3XS .. I think it's as small as they get.. it's annoying they go all the way up to like 10XL or something crazy lol but only as small as 3XS).

Also, the girl Genoveve posted has had SOO much surgery omg. You should see her before pictures she looks like a completely different person and a whole different ethnicity lol. Her waist is tiny but I wouldn't be surprised if she's had ribs removed lol. But I still love wearing my waist trainer (I'm wearing it now as I type this!)

Can you link to the exact one you bought?

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Can you link to the exact one you bought?
    I purchased from a different website but they don't have it anymore.. but this is the same one for the same price just from a different website.

http://www.hourglassangel.com/clasic...nn-chery-2025/

31. The Following User Says Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Gonna adjust my skincare and my diet too, not dancing anymore and have been eating everything!, have started drinking more water already, hope it makes a difference.
    xoxo

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I might be switching my laser/filler place. I made my laser appointment a month ago and it's the day after tomorrow, they just tried to reschedule it due to double-booking. I've heard a few scheduling conflicts happening with other people while I've been in there, I don't think they have their shit together and I am someone who is very anal about time and schedules. I basically threw a fit and the lady said she would try and reschedule the other chick instead but she said my appointment is now when it was supposed to be. So I'm like 'How can you guarantee my appointment time when you haven't confirmed that the other broad is willing to reschedule?' Am I smelling some dishonesty here...? What's the real reason my appointment was trying to be moved? Ain't nobody got time for that. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't booked another appt for something in the same area and coordinated it with the laser one. That's why I only like to have one thing scheduled a day max, so nothing can get thrown off by changes with anything else.

But maybe it is a blessing in disguise, I like the place fine enough but it is far and in a neighborhood that I consider to be a hassle. Plus you always have to pay in full right when you schedule your appointments which is annoying because sometimes the appointments are weeks or months away.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,229 Posts

I was hesitating on whether I should do ceramic tint for my car. Then I read that it has like 1000 SPF. So between that and the 10% AHA body gel I just ordered, my goal is to start aging in reverse.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to tuesdaymarie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 Times in 1,321 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdaymarie View Post
    i was hesitating on whether i should do ceramic tint for my car. Then i read that it has like 1000 spf. So between that and the 10% aha body gel i just ordered, my goal is to start aging in reverse.
    OMG 1000 spf?!? Holy shit, I could've used that when I was in school and commuting in my car 10 hours a week.

ETA: Came to this thread to post that I've been using Laneige water sleep mask as an eye and lip cream at night and I've definitely noticed a difference. I really struggle with wearing lipstick because my lips are ALWAYS so dry that I can usually only wear chapstick. Since I started using this, my lips are all soft and perky and stuff. Yay!

I got a sample of it in Cosmo or whatever but apparently they sell it at Target for cheap. I think I may have to buy some when I run out!
    Last edited by kaninchen; 01-19-2016 at 05:09 PM.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaninchen For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast