Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Beauty Randoms Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 19,854 Times in 10,258 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: Beauty Randoms Thread

Yes, rose oil is the rage in skin care now..also the scent is very soothing
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,111 Times in 2,348 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I have an appointment at the end of this month for permanent makeup. I want to see if they can give me permanent lipstick with a slight overline, to see if they can even out my areolas and to see if they can even out my brows.

My hairdresser told me about something that I had never heard of before: We were talking about what processes could cause someone's hair to completely break off and she said that when people are on certain medications their hair won't lift, stuff like liver pills or xanax.... She was saying that something she's seen happen is that a client will be on those pills and their stylist will not be able to get their hair color to lift, so they apply stronger and stronger processes thinking that's what's needed but their hair just breaks off instead because it was the pills, not the processes causing the problem in the first place.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,780 Times in 4,479 Posts

I procrastinated getting my beauty stuff done ( removing two small moles on my cheek and getting this small acne scar by my eyebrow filled or retouched ). It's bugging me and I'm kicking myself for procrastinating. It's silly but I wanted to move back to my old city with these tiny things already done.
    My hair is ugly too ( too long and hasn't been colored in a couple years ). Ha. It needs at least 3-4" off and some color ( dirty / dark blonde to reddish blonde is what I want ). I love how I procrastinated ALL of it. I also barely re-assembled my makeup kit. I guess I've gotten away with a lot in the last few years in the tropics ( minimal makeup , minimal hair care ). I just know I need a " clean up " before moving . :/
    Last edited by carmen_b; 03-18-2016 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,877 Times in 5,465 Posts

Shitty horrible discovery- I found that Veet hair removal cream stains bath tubs. Fark. I usually rinse the tub but I was in a hurry to get to work & cared more about getting the chemical cream off of my skin. Now you've all been warned.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,177 Times in 1,939 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

So over the years I have found that natural skincare brands break me out, Burts bees , Declor , Dr Hauskna etc its so annoying. Also my skin hates coconut oil and loves EVOO.
    xoxo

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    So over the years I have found that natural skincare brands break me out, Burts bees , Declor , Dr Hauskna etc its so annoying. Also my skin hates coconut oil and loves EVOO.
    Maybe you need to look for something for sensitive skin? Some 'natural' stuff can be just as irritating as regular prods

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,010 Times in 2,127 Posts

Last edited by lynn2009; 10-07-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    Now he said it a third time, and Ona drew a deep breath;

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 598 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Don't pull your hair tightly back every day. The tension puts stress on the hairs that can result in breakage and can even recede your hairline over time (really - when I was younger and into sports, I constantly wore my hair in a tight bun, and it definitely changed my hairline).
    Yep, definitely. I used to regularly wear my hair scraped back when younger, and years later still have very thin hair at the temples and at both sides of the back/base of my head. I've got quite conscious of it, especially as I did a modelling job recently and the hair/makeup artist was asked to make sure she filled in my temple area with some dark powder...embarrassing.

I intend to try castor oil and see if that helps, as it has only grown back slightly even though I've been more careful with it for years now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by lynn2009 View Post
    Can someone recommend an at home manicure kit? I tried searching amazon but there's so many and they range from 7 dollars with good reviews to over 80. I don't want to cheap out too much and end up with something unusable.
    Idk if Tweezerman has one, but they have excellent stuff, depending on what you're looking for. I tend to buy their items, & stuff like nail boards I get @ Sally's.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,877 Times in 5,465 Posts

I got a body spray from Piper's Perfumery & I love it. It smells just as good as Bath & Body Works sprays but is cheaper.

I also spent $50 on stripping related beauty needs even with buying a lot of clearance items. Sigh. Men never think about how much work goes into looking femme.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

For anyone with acne scars these are my observations of my recent treatments:

I got a couple soft-core hyperpigmentation lasers for my scars and I noticed that it only really helped with the scars that were so already faded by time that they were almost gone anyway, it didn't touch newer marks. I have been seeing more results by putting extra retinol on the scarred spots than I have from the lasers. Also I think upping the amounts of retinol that I have been using has really helped stop breakouts; I have been eating like crap the last few months and not breaking out and that coincided with me upping my retinol amounts. I was under the impression that I was supposed to use a teeny amount on my face each night so I did, but I never had any harsh reaction from it so I started using more, not globs but just to where I can fully moisten my whole face, and that really seems to have helped. I'm using .50 now, I'm going to go up to 1.0 when I run out.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,417 Posts

I'd previously been applying primer and foundation with my fingers, like a fucking cavewoman. Enter: sponges. Holy shit...what a difference! Rather than springing for a more expensive "beauty blender," I'm just using makeup sponges from Target. I pat primer or foundation all over my face, then blend evenly with the sponge. I can't believe how much better my makeup looks now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    I just emailed an electrolysis-tech(??) to set up an appointment, I'm so ready for my bush to be dealt with permanently. I'm over constant razor burn and over having to do so much preparation before being intimate with a dude.
    How did it go? Is it really permanent? I'd love to do this but wasted a lot of money on laser hair removal and don't want to waste any more money.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ahmeerah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^I'm still on the waiting list, she said it was a 3-5 month wait and it's only just about to hit the 3 month mark. Eventually I will let you know how it goes lol but yes electrolysis is the only guaranteed permanent hair removal method.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    Ann Cherry is a Colombian brand, they are by far the best quality. I am not sure where in the country you live but in Miami you can have someone make them smaller for you. If you want to PM me I can recommend a reputable place in Miami you may be able to ship it to.
    When I competed (IFBB Bikini Pro) I started waist training after my first competition because it's almost necessary to be competitive on stage. Even some of the Physique guys and Kai Green (the bodybuilder) waist train. It CAN work when done consistently.

Best brand = go to BombShellFitness.com and go to the store. I can only wear a size A when I a few days away from getting on stage and that's when my waist hits 21 inches.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ahmeerah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    I swear by Limelight for natural skincare. Prior to that I only did DIY because popular natty brands don't work for me. Their products might be natural but they'll still use comedogenic ingredients. Natural does NOT mean that it works or is gentle for all skin types.

Coconut oil is a HELL NO for my skin.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ahmeerah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Will try it, Coconut drives my skin crazy!, moved cities and now breaking out again grr.
    xoxo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 542 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

who tryed whole body cryotherapy?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Makeup Forever Smoothing Primer is INCREDIBLE.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ahmeerah For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 598 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

i just booked a consultation for facial acupuncture next week.

I've been wanting to do something to help my face for a while; I am mid 30's and although people say I look younger, I can see the changes in my skin. Chronic insomnia, depression, anxiety and stress have not helped...when I look in the mirror I can see my face kind of falling...downturned mouth, slight beginnings of jowliness, brow furrowing, upper eyelids getting droopier, lower eye sockets hollowed etc. My skin is uneven and duller too. I basically look really tired.

Another issue is jaw pain from carrying tension in the area and I often find myself tensing my face or frowning habitually; I actually have to keep reminding myself to lift my mouth corners and relax my brow throughout the day.

Anyway, I'm hoping the acupuncture will help to soften and release tension and give me a natural facelift kind of effect.

I also ordered a derma roller and copper peptides...part of me wants to do the acupuncture a few times first to see how big a difference it makes before starting with the skin needling but I'm impatient and they should compliment one another hopefully.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Please let us know how it works out.
    xoxo

35. The Following User Says Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Yeah def, I have constant tension in my jaw area too, I literally do not know how to let it relax. I have braces but they've been on for a while and my teeth are almost straight and they haven't helped the tension any. Although I used to get tons of what I assume are tension headaches and they hardly happen now, dunno if it's the braces or the pilates helping my neck that's making them stop.

I saw the permanent makeup lady and I'm over the permanent lip liner idea. I was looking at the pics and it wasn't dramatic enough for me and I don't like to spend tons of money on very subtle changes. I think I am going to do the areola one though.

Thanks

They can do botox injections in the jaw muscle that will relax the jaw muscle and relieves chronic tension headaches for many people. Also, mouth guards at night... I hold all of my tension in my jaw and I am literally breaking my teeth grinding then at night. I had NO idea but my dentist said I show the classic symptoms for sure and chunks of tooth are in my mouth in the morning. So I'm having a custom mouthguard made and she said it will do a LOT for my headaches too.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilLadyLux For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yay getting older!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^I'm going to ask my orthodontist about having a mouthguard made next time I visit. Sleeping is when my jaw feels most tense.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast