Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 9627

Thread: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

Thanks
    Thanked 2,294 Times in 708 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Default Re: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

Quote Originally Posted by anonamiss View Post
    It's a good point you make, I just don't think its super realistic. I expect models to read the rules because their livelihood may depend on it (they have an incentive to follow the rules and not to get banned... because they want their paychecks). I don't expect the same out of the guys, which is why I personally try to inform them whenever they're seemingly breaking a rule or asking for something not allowed, and why I proceed with caution if they try to be "sneaky" about breaking certain rules. But I also think SM should do more to make guys aware of the rules like they recently have for us. With the new emphasis on our contract, I worry that the model could be held just as responsible as the customer in certain situations. Like if a guy starts telling you his personal info even if you didn't ask for it, if you don't tell him to stop (or don't block him), you could be found complicit in it, and risk consequences for allowing personal info to be exchanged.

I guess we'll see just how much SM intends to enforce the rules (and how strictly) with the advent of the new laws in place.
    The only thing we can do is to take screenshots, anytime this happens and just store them in a folder, having a proof, in case we ever get accused about anything .

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    To be honest, I don't blame them. The customers are supposed to be grown ups who can read a site rules and know what the site is about. You don't go in an asian restaurant to ask for a pizza, right? Yes, is cool to be fair with them and warn them, but they have rules page too, they can read it. Also, the customers are shooting themselves in the foot, by ignoring the rules. Many are simply shitting into them, I've heard a lot saying "fuck the rules, I am sure we can find a way". OH yeah, boo? Well... you wanted it!
    If they (the models who actually fool the guys) get caught by the site, being proved that they lied, they will suffer the consequences, not us, the rest. but if they don't specifically promise anything to the member and the guy just assumed that, then there's no blame... We assumed he read the rules, so we act like it, right?).

Yeah, I hear you about creepos. I lie about the country I'm in, exactly because of this reason. Also, on twitter i take care to not slip any detail that might show where I actually live. I am actually glad for that because I had a creepho who was checking my tweets and tried to play the detective with me, like I was his wife or something, lmao ))))))))).
    THIS!! I don't say a clear "yes" or "no" when they ask about meet up I skip any questions and continue my show. This is probably the reason why I'm never getting banned too. In the beginning of camming I thought by always following the rules and be nice I will make bank without any consequences. WRONG. I had to learn that certain lies are necessary (I also pretend to be from another country! Also because I have big spenders from there most of the time since they enjoy seeing somebody from their country which is my fake location but they don't know)

When I used to not lie about my country I had 2 ex coworkers at my back then job finding out. A few months later I was jobless )))))) Also my country is not very big, in fact I live in one of the smallest countries in the world and it's pretty easy to track me down! Even if my address is not in the telephone book!

Also, nobody wants to hear that you have a pretty "normal boring life" and such stuff. I have to lie to have sex often and have a couple of fuck buddies! This also works make them ~~believe~~ I will make them my fuck buddy too even if I never say so

God I just noticed how easily men can be fooled.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bananabunny For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

honestly, the rules haven't changed much, they're just cracking down on what was essentially already in our contracts.

If anyone's been making money by leading guys on about meeting up, you've been at risk of being suspended/banned the whole time.
    The question is, will they crack down, or is this just legal stuff to ensure regulatory authorities that SM is not involved with prostitution? If they start getting heavy about this they are going to lose a lot of money.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tropo For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Frankly I don't understand how girls are apparently successful with the business model of leading guys on to one day meet up. I'm surprised to see so many are chiming in about it being their main way of making money. I guess I don't get why a guy would continue to spend money on a girl promising to meet up/date but never actually does. Like... Why are they spending on camsites and not just going to tinder? "Guys who think we'll meet one day" just seems like a weird demographic to target as your main customer. And as a model I'd be paranoid as fuck constantly pretending like I actually wanted to meet any of these internet strangers. That's how you get a creepy perv showing up at your doorstep while thinking he's not doing anything wrong, because you told him you wanted to meet and he thought you'd appreciate the surprise visit. Guys won't respect your boundaries if you don't tell them you have any.

The guys I make the most money on (i.e. repeat customers/regulars) are the ones who understand what our relationship ultimately is: a business transaction. They know this is my job and they come back because I'm entertaining and provide great service... not because I'm promising to meet up one day.
    You don't understand it because you've got it all wrong. For starters, any customers who seriously want to meet do not keep spending money. When they realise they can't, they move on. Secondly, it's not about suggesting that you'll meet, but not prohibiting the idea outright... in a subtle way. i.e. You don't say "yes", but you don't say "no". Why would I want to send away customers that could potentially, over a period, spend 100's on me by hitting them over the head with the rulebook.

Having those type of customers doesn't mean you won't have regular repeat customers too. It's not one or the other - it's both. If you have the luxury of sending away big spenders with the meet-in-person fantasy, then good for you. You're doing very well.
    Last edited by tropo; 04-16-2018 at 01:40 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tropo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 534 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

Frankly I don't understand how girls are apparently successful with the business model of leading guys on to one day meet up. I'm surprised to see so many are chiming in about it being their main way of making money. I guess I don't get why a guy would continue to spend money on a girl promising to meet up/date but never actually does. Like... Why are they spending on camsites and not just going to tinder? "Guys who think we'll meet one day" just seems like a weird demographic to target as your main customer. And as a model I'd be paranoid as fuck constantly pretending like I actually wanted to meet any of these internet strangers. That's how you get a creepy perv showing up at your doorstep while thinking he's not doing anything wrong, because you told him you wanted to meet and he thought you'd appreciate the surprise visit. Guys won't respect your boundaries if you don't tell them you have any.

The guys I make the most money on (i.e. repeat customers/regulars) are the ones who understand what our relationship ultimately is: a business transaction. They know this is my job and they come back because I'm entertaining and provide great service... not because I'm promising to meet up one day.
    I do have a guy on skype who has this meeting fantasy. He didn't call in a couple of weeks so I forgot about him. He called like once a week and every time he gets off on telling me how we will meet and how will he spoil me. Then disappears for a week, then back from start and so on )) Some of the "meeting" guys can be like this and it's easier to deal with. If I figure that it's only a fantasy I am ok with that, if he seems serious I'm out. It's just personal preference. This job already gives me headaches and stress, I do not need more.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seicento For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tropo View Post
    You don't understand it because you've got it all wrong. For starters, any customers who seriously want to meet do not keep spending money. When they realise they can't, they move on. Secondly, it's not about suggesting that you'll meet, but not prohibiting the idea outright... in a subtle way. i.e. You don't say "yes", but you don't say "no". Why would I want to send away customers that could potentially, over a period, spend 100's on me by hitting them over the head with the rulebook.

Having those type of customers doesn't mean you won't have regular repeat customers too. It's not one or the other - it's both. If you have the luxury of sending away big spenders with the meet-in-person fantasy, then good for you. You're doing very well.
    nah I get what you're describing. The subtle "not yes but not no" is something i do understand...I might have taken some things too literally but it seemed like girls were saying they use "meeting up" as a blatant tactic for making more money.

I'm just saying, depending on how those shows/conversations are conducted, they could be interpreted by SM's standards as a violation, especially after the recent rule agreements. Hence why I try not to exploit these types of guys, and school those who think I'm there for a meet up.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonamiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yeah, I get what you mean here. I have "captain save a ho" and "let me prove you wrong" guys too. I've just gotten cautious about them at this point, because in the past theyve often turned out to be the most creepy, predatory, entitled assholes over time. I guess my post was more about models who apparently don't even try to tell customers
    "no, this is my job / we'll never meet IRL", and just lead them on about meeting up from the get go.
    THIS x 100. Any time a member comes in my room and starts off by trying to act like he's different (read: better) than the average member because he's looking for ~more than just a quick wank~ I know he's full of shit. And 9/10 those guys don't become paying customers. And the ones that do are the ones that don't respect that this is our time, our jobs and most importantly don't respect boundaries. When I'm forced to break the 4th wall and make it painfully clear that we will never meet and that they are not entitled to use my guest chat like we're forming some kind of long distance relationship over AIM... well, they usually never come back. This job has made it more clear than ever that men are whiney entitled babies who can't handle it when they don't get what they want.

ETA: excuse my "I hate men" rant... one of those days

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princess_casual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You hate customers like that? I don't have the luxury to hate any customers. If they are spending money, I like them, but those type of customers are my favourite as they often just want to sit and chat for quite a long time. I don't take anything personally and they'll never find me. My country is blocked and I live on the other side of the planet.

I sure wish I had your laid-back outlook on customers, I kind of envy you. However, I don't see my right to have an opinion, or to send someone away who makes me uncomfortable, as a "luxury." Men will treat us as badly as we allow them to. An entitled cam site member will behave the same way an entitled customer at a fast food restaurant will.
    "She needs my money, so she won't set boundaries."
    "I am the customer, so I'm always right."
    #KervzForDayz
    KristinKervz.com | KervyCams.com
    Twitter: @KristinKervz | Instagram: KristinKervzBBW

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KristinKervz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I wanted to know what SM reps themselves had to say about the concern around prostitution/SESTA/FOSTA ramifications so I emailed a question to support:
    Q: Hello,
    This is a general question regarding the new TOS regarding 'promotion
    or facilitation of prostitution', presumably as result of the FOSTA/SESTA
    developments. For those models - and I am certain there are many - who
    have camming customers who mention how they would love to meet up with us: Do you advise:
    a. We tell them categorically and unequivocally that they are in violation and we will not tolerate that kind of talk or
    b. Stay vague to facilitate the fantasy
    > Please help.

I got this reply from SM:

We understand your concern with the SESTA/FOSTA bill. As our services strictly forbid engaging, participating, assisting, supporting or facilitating any act of prostitution and/or sex trafficking, by adhering to our Terms and Conditions, your account will not be effected. We take any report of a violation of our Terms and Conditions very seriously.
    Thank you

Did I get a random reply generator? Has anyone got useful feedback from SM?
    BB stands for BALL-BUSTING in my room

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadamDragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,720 Times in 1,750 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

In my experience - as soon as a customer starts making plans about meeting you live, even "someday maybe", he's not a customer anymore. He's not gonna buy a show anymore, because he'd rather "use the money to spoil you in person when you meet" or "buy you the tickets". He's gonna be sitting in your free chat all day long watching you struggle and chirping about all money he's gonna spend on you you the day you meet AKA never. I seriously have no idea how to make them spend after that, except blatant lies like "Buy a show honey, I'm using the $$ to buy a plane ticket so we could meet finally". But even then, IMO, they won't buy and instead they'll insist that I take PayPal or Western Union, since I'm getting banned from the site amyway for arranging meetups lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJu View Post
    On cam, you can be unwashed, stinky but with makeup. And guys probably think you smell like roses.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnylexie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,009 Times in 690 Posts

Just to toss in my two cents on this, and to be blunt, its not just that the TOS has changed, and not just your account that can be closed. All that's needed, according to the new law, is 5 distinct offers of prostitution and a site can be shut down. I know it sucks to have to give up some cash from some guys but the alternative could be SM being gone. Its hard to say what will happen and what enforcement will be from the federal side but I would be fucking pissed because cam models couldn't give up a few bucks to not pretend to meet dudes and the entire site gets taken down.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kitcatt For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,104 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by MadamDragon View Post
    I wanted to know what SM reps themselves had to say about the concern around prostitution/SESTA/FOSTA ramifications so I emailed a question to support:
    Q: Hello,
    This is a general question regarding the new TOS regarding 'promotion
    or facilitation of prostitution', presumably as result of the FOSTA/SESTA
    developments. For those models - and I am certain there are many - who
    have camming customers who mention how they would love to meet up with us: Do you advise:
    a. We tell them categorically and unequivocally that they are in violation and we will not tolerate that kind of talk or
    b. Stay vague to facilitate the fantasy
    > Please help.

I got this reply from SM:

We understand your concern with the SESTA/FOSTA bill. As our services strictly forbid engaging, participating, assisting, supporting or facilitating any act of prostitution and/or sex trafficking, by adhering to our Terms and Conditions, your account will not be effected. We take any report of a violation of our Terms and Conditions very seriously.
    Thank you

Did I get a random reply generator? Has anyone got useful feedback from SM?
    Honestly They can only reply in this way!! Of course they are going to tell you that because that is the stance they are being told they have to take! They arent going to say to you "well if you know its a fantasy stay vague and keep him paying!" because that is to grey of an area! But here is what we know. This has always been the rule on SM and before when we allowed guys to indulge in this fantasy it was okay as long as we didnt cross the line of exchanging ANY kind of personal information that may lead to out actually meeting up. SO They question now is, will it be the same or is SM gonna freak out cause now the government is watching and they are going to start banning us?

I tend to think all things will stay the same because $.

As for the model who are saying they dont tolerate guys with this fantasy or that it always leads to free loaders I think enough of us have posted here to say that that isnt true. It might be true for you and your particular hustle but it doesnt mean that this Fantasy doesnt exist and isnt profitable because it does exist and its very very lucrative WITHOUT any intentions to follow through with it.

So for those of us who are using the fantasy to profit it is important to know how strongly they will enforce it because its stands to have a major impact on our profit. To just imply that you dont make money from it so we dont or admit that you dont know how to play the hustle out so its profitable is not actually constructive criticism and solves our issue in no way.
    "In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders." - Sheryl Sandberg

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeepThoughts For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KristinKervz View Post
    I sure wish I had your laid-back outlook on customers, I kind of envy you. However, I don't see my right to have an opinion, or to send someone away who makes me uncomfortable, as a "luxury." Men will treat us as badly as we allow them to. An entitled cam site member will behave the same way an entitled customer at a fast food restaurant will.
    "She needs my money, so she won't set boundaries."
    "I am the customer, so I'm always right."
    Having been at this for over 12 years I've developed a very thick skin. I'm in my room thousands of miles away from these customers. I really don't give a sh*t what they say. I need to pay my bills. What amazes me is how sensitive and bothered many of you are by anonymous users at the other end of a webcam. All I do is make sure I obey the site rules to stay in business. I don't take anything personally. I didn't get on this website to actually start discussing anything about camming till I'd been at it on my own for over 8 years. It was an eye-opener. I'm sorry if being so unaffected by the members and their behaviour disturbs people like you - to the point of being accused of being the reason they behave this way in the first place i.e. you said: "men will treat us badly as we allow them to"... then I'm guilty as charged. If I started arguing, fighting and banning members I'd no longer be able to keep a clear head on my job - to make money. I have zero members on my banned member's list, so I'm not exaggerating when I say they don't bother me.

If anyone is treating me badly, it's SM for only giving me 30% commission and then having to wait 3 weeks after end of week to get my money, which is up to 4 weeks to wait. Their customer support is also slow and impersonal too.

I work 4 sites now, but all the others pay 50% or more and I get paid quickly. I know US-based models get 35% and don't have to wait. It's not great, but a lot better.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tropo For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kitcatt View Post
    Just to toss in my two cents on this, and to be blunt, its not just that the TOS has changed, and not just your account that can be closed. All that's needed, according to the new law, is 5 distinct offers of prostitution and a site can be shut down. I know it sucks to have to give up some cash from some guys but the alternative could be SM being gone. Its hard to say what will happen and what enforcement will be from the federal side but I would be fucking pissed because cam models couldn't give up a few bucks to not pretend to meet dudes and the entire site gets taken down.
    I don't agree. By having to verify that we have read the guidelines every time we log on they are indemnifying themselves legally.

Would they close down Facebook and other social media platforms due to people using it to facilitate prostitution? No way!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to tropo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Having been at this for over 12 years I've developed a very thick skin. I'm in my room thousands of miles away from these customers. I really don't give a sh*t what they say. I need to pay my bills. What amazes me is how sensitive and bothered many of you are by anonymous users at the other end of a webcam. All I do is make sure I obey the site rules to stay in business. I don't take anything personally. I didn't get on this website to actually start discussing anything about camming till I'd been at it on my own for over 8 years. It was an eye-opener. I'm sorry if being so unaffected by the members and their behaviour disturbs people like you - to the point of being accused of being the reason they behave this way in the first place i.e. you said: "men will treat us badly as we allow them to"... then I'm guilty as charged. If I started arguing, fighting and banning members I'd no longer be able to keep a clear head on my job - to make money. I have zero members on my banned member's list, so I'm not exaggerating when I say they don't bother me.

If anyone is treating me badly, it's SM for only giving me 30% commission and then having to wait 3 weeks after end of week to get my money, which is up to 4 weeks to wait. Their customer support is also slow and impersonal too.

I work 4 sites now, but all the others pay 50% or more and I get paid quickly. I know US-based models get 35% and don't have to wait. It's not great, but a lot better.

Nothing you said has offended me, nor was I pointing fingers at you. I'm sorry you misunderstood the tone of my message.

You have the right to embrace your thick skin, just as well as us "sensitive" people have the right to feel the way we feel and run our chat rooms in the healthiest way that works for us. We're all different.
    #KervzForDayz
    KristinKervz.com | KervyCams.com
    Twitter: @KristinKervz | Instagram: KristinKervzBBW

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KristinKervz For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Girl dont let it get you angry. Everyone has their own opinion. I personally love the fetish and the whole GFE and I love that I get paid to do it. What matters to me is $ in the bank not another models opinion of me or my hustle.

Why is SM still making you wait 3 weeks? You can have that lifted. Have you asked to have it lifted? Its only suppose to be temporary.
    "In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders." - Sheryl Sandberg

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DeepThoughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree with you to a point.... I don't ban members because they get under my skin or personally affect me. I ban them because they are taking attention away from members who are spending. And when I have a member behaving badly in my room it sets a negative tone....if there is someone barking demands for me to show tits or trying to troll me, it attracts the undesirable members and chases away the good ones.

And honestly, yes, I could probably make more money if I wasn't so self- righteous, but I am. I don't tolerate certain behavior because I feel I deserve better and I want to teach a lesson to these men on how to treat women. I'm not hurt or personally offended, I just don't accept it or want that shitty behavior in my room. To each her own.
    Last edited by princess_casual; 04-17-2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: clarify

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princess_casual For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,348 Times in 5,147 Posts

I wish girls would block more so we deal with less bullshit. Not all money is good money.
    "There are results, and then there are excuses."

35. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,720 Times in 1,750 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by princess_casual View Post
    I agree with you to a point.... I don't ban members because they get under my skin or personally affect me. I ban them because they are taking attention away from members who are spending. And when I have a member behaving badly in my room it sets a negative tone....if there is someone barking demands for me to show tits or trying to troll me, it attracts the undesirable members and chases away the good ones.

And honestly, yes, I could probably make more money if I wasn't so self- righteous, but I am. I don't tolerate certain behavior because I feel I deserve better and I want to teach a lesson to these men on how to treat women. I'm not hurt or personally offended, I just don't accept it or want that shitty behavior in my room. To each her own.
    Same here. I ban the rude ones because most are there just to troll, and the money the rest may spend won't be worth the pain. I ban guys who are persistent about me breaking the site rules, because they put my account at risk. If someone spams endless compliments in free chat without getting a show, I give them a warning, then ban, because any kind of spam is a pain, and whoever wants to cause me the pain despite declaring love for me is a lying dick and should be banished.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJu View Post
    On cam, you can be unwashed, stinky but with makeup. And guys probably think you smell like roses.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunnylexie For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KristinKervz View Post
    Nothing you said has offended me, nor was I pointing fingers at you. I'm sorry you misunderstood the tone of my message.

You have the right to embrace your thick skin, just as well as us "sensitive" people have the right to feel the way we feel and run our chat rooms in the healthiest way that works for us. We're all different.
    LOL> sorry if I was a bit sensitive here. I've just been given a bit of flak over the years on this site for putting up with sh*t from paying customers. As far as I'm concerned the size of my weekly income trumps any concerns about my ego. I've had good paying customers that get off on abusing me in private. Now, if my paychecks were huge I may have had the luxury of knocking back abusive customers, but I can't. If I was heavy handed I would lose money - I can't afford that. 4 years on SM without a single banned member says it all.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to tropo For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThoughts View Post
    Girl dont let it get you angry. Everyone has their own opinion. I personally love the fetish and the whole GFE and I love that I get paid to do it. What matters to me is $ in the bank not another models opinion of me or my hustle.

Why is SM still making you wait 3 weeks? You can have that lifted. Have you asked to have it lifted? Its only suppose to be temporary.
    It's under my payment terms. I didn't know you could have that lifted. I thought it automatically applied to all models working in Asia. I've never seen anything mentioned on the SM site about it being temporary. I've been reading this forum and all SM threads for 4 years and never seen anyone mention what you just mentioned.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

^^ Well my understanding was that it was a temporary thing for models and that after a few months you got paid weekly BUT I might be wrong.

You could email Liz and ask her about it if you cant find it on the SM pages. Sorry I dont know where to send you I joined up so long ago and Im pretty sure I never had the hold.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 534 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThoughts View Post
    ^^ Well my understanding was that it was a temporary thing for models and that after a few months you got paid weekly BUT I might be wrong.

You could email Liz and ask her about it if you cant find it on the SM pages. Sorry I dont know where to send you I joined up so long ago and Im pretty sure I never had the hold.
    That is only available for some countries/models maybe. I am in Eastern Europe and I asked Liz in the past if I could be paid weekly and the answer was NO.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seicento For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Starr View Post
    I wish girls would block more so we deal with less bullshit. Not all money is good money.
    OK, I'll start blocking customers so you can deal with less bullshit. LOL.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seicento View Post
    That is only available for some countries/models maybe. I am in Eastern Europe and I asked Liz in the past if I could be paid weekly and the answer was NO.
    The reason I am given under payment terms is that the delay prevents fraudulent activity - which it most certainly does. No credit card fraudster wants to wait that long for his payment, or get paid that little.