Page 367 of 368 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368 LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,175 of 9188

Thread: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

Thanks

Default Re: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

I haven't been on streamate in a while and logged on tonight. has the algorithm for placement changed? I see a lot of people on the top rows that Ive never seen before or that used to be on pages 2 or 3?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,583 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicole88 View Post
    I haven't been on streamate in a while and logged on tonight. has the algorithm for placement changed? I see a lot of people on the top rows that Ive never seen before or that used to be on pages 2 or 3?
    A few years back now the algorithm changed so it was less static. Every day 100's of new models start on SM, 100's of models quit, 100's decide to hustle hard and move up, and 100's take a vacation and come back later.

"Daily pay ALL the things!"
    [email protected] - Skype: BoleynModels - "If you haven't heard a rumor by 10am, start one."

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KatyBoleyn For This Useful Post:

Featured Member DancesWithSloths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,905 Times in 964 Posts

The algorithm is also localised to where you live. The European top row and US top row are quite different, for example.

I'm quite often sitting pretty on the Euro top row just off the comparative strength of my equipment, even though I work SM as a back-up on quite a casual basis, while US top girls are pushed way down the rows.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DancesWithSloths For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DancesWithSloths View Post
    1. Raise your rates
    2. Hang out in Classic Chat for a while - trolls don't usually bother when they don't think other people can read them being mean.
    3. If you do get trolles in classic chat, just quietly block them - they're trying to get free domination out of you.
    4. Raise your goddamn rates, child.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    I would suggest raising your rates. Men on sm despite their whining treat women better when their rates are higher. Also shut them down with that talk unless you think they will spend and you are ok with it. It is a lot more niche on sm then other sites, I like that kind of talk as long as they spend. Those clients spend a lot when you work it and you still run the show. If you don't like it shut it down, it is your room babe!
    I had my rates on 4,99 and 4,49 for 2 weeks but made only 10-20 dollars each day until I gave up and went back to 3,99. Might as well give it a try again to go to 4,99! I'm never talking more than 2 sentences with these dudes then I ignore them especially if they ask dirty stuff, they are mostly useless.

I'm not sure if it's my wig being so fucking bad that it fucks up every single person who comes in my room or if there's another reason of why I don't seem to bank on that website. I'm not an expert on wigs but I got some tricks to look good in it.

Strangely the people calling me bad names are in freechat of classic chat, not in party chat. I mean, it's brutal!
    I often get the words "are you trans?" or "No offence but you look like a man in a way" as well!! I'm not even looking like a trans or a man!! wtf

My mom just told me yesterday that apparently, these people calling me names are getting off by calling me things like "fat" "whore" etc. In a way, she's totally right! I never thought of it that way, wow.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

SMbroadcast has lost connection three times today, WHAT THE FUCK MAN. Constantly disconnecting, have to click 'start show' two-three times before it'll connect. I haven't had a stream on SM without issues for weeks and traffic is literally garbage, like what the fuck is going on with this place?? Is it just me? Is my Macbook literally just trash for streaming on SM because I have no issues anywhere else, including CB which I've heard is the hardest place to stream.

Edit- everyone keeps getting kicked out, saying it's freezing. I'm done, I can barely keep on schedule with my stream and I'm definitely not motivated to log in there if I can't even get a decent show- actually more like lose clients because they keep spending money only to get a frozen stream.
    Last edited by Serena-Shields; 02-12-2018 at 03:34 PM.

dude: humilate me bb

me: You suck
    You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting “Vanity,” thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for you own pleasure.” ― John Berger, Ways of Seeing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serena-Shields View Post
    SMbroadcast has lost connection three times today, WHAT THE FUCK MAN. Constantly disconnecting, have to click 'start show' two-three times before it'll connect. I haven't had a stream on SM without issues for weeks and traffic is literally garbage, like what the fuck is going on with this place?? Is it just me? Is my Macbook literally just trash for streaming on SM because I have no issues anywhere else, including CB which I've heard is the hardest place to stream.

Edit- everyone keeps getting kicked out, saying it's freezing. I'm done, I can barely keep on schedule with my stream and I'm definitely not motivated to log in there if I can't even get a decent show- actually more like lose clients because they keep spending money only to get a frozen stream.
    It's not just you. It's been awful these past few days. Tonight, I was on less than an hour, had four pvts and all of them disconnected after 2-5 mins when it was obvious to me they would have gone much longer if the site hadn't cut it short. I even upgraded my internet connection yesterday bc I thought it might be the problem (Saturday was driving me nuts), but now I'm streaming with 7M upload and an i7 quad-core processor, so I know it's not my setup. The guys come back to ask me what happened, so I know they didn't just leave. I can't stay on the site anymore without it losing connection every few minutes. It's infuriating. I sent Liz an email asking her what was happening and asking her for solutions. I'll post back her response.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bananabunny View Post
    My mom just told me yesterday that apparently, these people calling me names are getting off by calling me things like "fat" "whore" etc. In a way, she's totally right! I never thought of it that way, wow.
    Your mom is right, sweetie. You're skinny, right? There's a subsection of trolls that love to try to set off ED episodes or even just insecurities in skinny or average-build girls.

I'm a BBW - literally obese - and I've literally had one "fat" insult since 2014, cos they know it's one of my selling points. "Fat" is a skinny-girl insult.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DancesWithSloths For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

They will call you names for literally everything. It doesnt matter if you are slim, BBW, athletic, trans, cis, black or white. They will always find something and try to hurt you. I got called a 'dumb white bitch' and 'stupid European whore'. It does not matter how you look, who you are, they will call your names and try to hurt you.

Dont give a fuck. I know its hard but keep feeling self-confident because you are awesome the way you are. Just imagine those losers. Virgins sitting in their basement with Cheetos fingers typing insults to random girls on their computers. Laugh at them. Imagine what kind of person you are getting off hurting people? Ban them and focus on nice people in your room!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Trolls also call girls name to try and get a reaction out of u. I just look at them and smile while I am blocking them. Never let them see you get mad or hurt!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Girly_Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,831 Posts
    My Mood
    Bored

Haven't even been on 4 minutes and I can already tell it's gonna be a day of me ignoring free chat to save my sanity.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SoloDesire For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoloDesire View Post
    Haven't even been on 4 minutes and I can already tell it's gonna be a day of me ignoring free chat to save my sanity.
    Yeah, not gonna lie, this morning's crop of treasures really tested my sunny disposition. It's like somebody shook out a bag of idiots.

I didn't take screenshots, which is a shame, but there was a lot of stupid in that chat.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DancesWithSloths For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,831 Posts
    My Mood
    Bored

Yeah, not gonna lie, this morning's crop of treasures really tested my sunny disposition. It's like somebody shook out a bag of idiots.

I didn't take screenshots, which is a shame, but there was a lot of stupid in that chat.
    Right?! And I've just gotten to this point where I refuse to keep saying the same shit to every freeloader. I've just started ignoring them when they just wanna shower me with compliments or beg for something in free chat. If they're gonna waste my time then I'll waste theirs. They can sit there and wait for a response from me as long as they'd like. I'm done entertaining freeloaders.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoloDesire For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

WTF is this sitt? I'm always at the bottom of page 1 and now on page 3?? How the fuck did that happen??? No bad reviews changed anything??? Fuck this!!! What is up with this placement huge shift all of a sudden??...damn it!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetandnaughty For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Fuck SM!! Nothing but disconnects in shows all nite long...the fuck is wrong?? This is so frustrating!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

What I don't get is why my placement dropped after getting out of a hour long show? Was at my normal row when I got on.Like shouldn't that help? Been dead as hell for the last hour.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    What I don't get is why my placement dropped after getting out of a hour long show? Was at my normal row when I got on.Like shouldn't that help? Been dead as hell for the last hour.
    There's no direct correlation between earnings and placement. The models on the top rows aren't necessarily the highest earners on the page. Besides all the factors they show you that determine you placement (and these are important), the X factor behind it are your traffic conversions - in basic terms, new customers that sign up after staring at you for a few minutes. The more attention you can grab and maintain, the better the likelihood of getting a conversion. Ergo, the more "entertaining" you are, the better your placement. Even just a handful of new people signing up on SM that night is enough to reshuffle the deck.

Customers already loyal to you and/or other models (and have you either formally or stealth favorited) don't mean much to placement...they're already hooked on spending, so their actions don't factor.

[email protected] - Skype: BoleynModels - "If you haven't heard a rumor by 10am, start one."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to KatyBoleyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatyBoleyn View Post
    the X factor behind it are your traffic conversions - in basic terms, new customers that sign up after staring at you for a few minutes. The more attention you can grab and maintain, the better the likelihood of getting a conversion. Ergo, the more "entertaining" you are, the better your placement. Even just a handful of new people signing up on SM that night is enough to reshuffle the deck.
    how does that work with geoblocked models? my understanding was that geoblocked models don't show up on the home page unless you're logged in with an account. so do geoblocked models not get any conversions, since customers wouldn't be able to see them until they sign up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anonamiss View Post
    how does that work with geoblocked models? my understanding was that geoblocked models don't show up on the home page unless you're logged in with an account. so do geoblocked models not get any conversions, since customers wouldn't be able to see them until they sign up?
    Likely, but that's not the only factor, just one of many. You also have the ratings, time spent online, camera quality, internet speed and stability, and popularity of the room, as well as your geographic location relative to the user. What we haven't seen is any direct correlation between income and placement. Geoblocking is a detriment to your placement, of course, but no necessarily a big one.

You have to think of it this way: Placement is not for your benefit or to make you more money. That is the indirect effect, but it is not the purpose. It would be silly to simply have a system that rewards the richest models with more money for no reason at all. Their contests are a bit misguided that way, but as a business model it would be dumb. You are placed on the page in such a way that, as best they can formulate, clients want to see, sign up for, and return to when they visit. If they're already there and spending money freely (i.e. by taking you private), Streamate and the affiliates have already done 90% of their job and so have you. If you're already being taken private for long periods of time (aka, banking your ass off), then placement isn't anything more than vanity and not something to be concerned about.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KatyBoleyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

There's no direct correlation between earnings and placement. The models on the top rows aren't necessarily the highest earners on the page. Besides all the factors they show you that determine you placement (and these are important), the X factor behind it are your traffic conversions - in basic terms, new customers that sign up after staring at you for a few minutes. The more attention you can grab and maintain, the better the likelihood of getting a conversion. Ergo, the more "entertaining" you are, the better your placement. Even just a handful of new people signing up on SM that night is enough to reshuffle the deck.

Customers already loyal to you and/or other models (and have you either formally or stealth favorited) don't mean much to placement...they're already hooked on spending, so their actions don't factor.
    That is so cool to hear! I am not a top earner by any means but I have relatively high placement. Guess I am a good converter then

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Likely, but that's not the only factor, just one of many. You also have the ratings, time spent online, camera quality, internet speed and stability, and popularity of the room, as well as your geographic location relative to the user. What we haven't seen is any direct correlation between income and placement. Geoblocking is a detriment to your placement, of course, but no necessarily a big one.

You have to think of it this way: Placement is not for your benefit or to make you more money. That is the indirect effect, but it is not the purpose. It would be silly to simply have a system that rewards the richest models with more money for no reason at all. Their contests are a bit misguided that way, but as a business model it would be dumb. You are placed on the page in such a way that, as best they can formulate, clients want to see, sign up for, and return to when they visit. If they're already there and spending money freely (i.e. by taking you private), Streamate and the affiliates have already done 90% of their job and so have you. If you're already being taken private for long periods of time (aka, banking your ass off), then placement isn't anything more than vanity and not something to be concerned about.
    I do agree with all this. It is just disheartening to see yourself fall lower. I am admittedly a gfe/regular orientated performer and hate the gold show/ large room count style (just me not knocking anyone else!) and know I will only be top row when the stars align. I just know from my custie account that people are jumping around like crazy and it is kinda weird, again knowing the 20 million variables. My placement is based on my ratings/comp specs etc which are all top notch, I realize my advantage there. Top girls that I have spent money on are appearing way lower than normal. And when I am off normal, I get less people. Yes I can count on regs but I like new blood too. Just selfish venting but at least I can admit it lol

also to mention this is the logged in equation, after converting. I think that is what most models care about, but maybe we shouldn't
    Last edited by kamiliam; 02-14-2018 at 04:55 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Duh Re: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

Hi. I am in GEO also. I was figuring out to stay there. I notice when I'm out of GEO. My placement is on the 4th row. I am a 5 star Performer. I am older, and my
    I notice a lot of Studio models, and non, making models seems to get notice more than the Independent ones that completely, got an self contract from working at home.
    I also want to mention, how you feel about this Potential Member feature. To be honest, I hate it.. It appears worst,brings out more freeloaders just with a card, peeking. I would luv if they charge them for peeking and we get money �� golds out of it, somehow. This feature created cheap men. I notice I stand or flash booty or tits for golds in freechat, the numbers of potential members increase.
    They don't join gold shows, like they use to either.
    I watch the top models struggle to get them to join.
    It's really pity full.
    5g for 5min.Now days is too much for them, unless your giving out videos, they aren't into pictures too much.
    Contest for Valentines Day sucks.
    Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

I've been on SM for a little over 3 years. I've always pinged "Excellent" on all of the categories. The highest I ever get placement wise is around row 7 or 8 on a slow day. With contest days-- I'm lucky to hang on to the bottom rung of the first page. and sometimes I slip to page 2 Its beyond frustrating. I normally work the weeknights when its slower and lower model count. These contests fuck that completely up and then I'm stuck online on slow days with even less traffic. I'll be lucky if I tap 50 bucks tonight.
    !

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pixiepower329 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,315 Times in 2,785 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

Placement has a lot to do with categories as well. If you're top in your category, you'll end up on the first page regardless of how much you're making or how shitty your equipment is. SM is great that way for niche models.
    Don't Buy Fake Followers, Protect Your Identity, Get REAL Social Media Growth, Become an Influencer

Want to learn how to splitcam on multiple sites at the same time?
    See my step by step YouTube vid!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to hyori For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Your mom is right, sweetie. You're skinny, right? There's a subsection of trolls that love to try to set off ED episodes or even just insecurities in skinny or average-build girls.

I'm a BBW - literally obese - and I've literally had one "fat" insult since 2014, cos they know it's one of my selling points. "Fat" is a skinny-girl insult.
    Actually I'm average in weight, definitely not skinny LOL but rather middle-thick after a meal I get a belly of a 4-5 months pregnant woman and I need to suck in all the time (

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I'm so furious right now, I think Streamate is more and more a garbage website. I'm sorry for those who tell me how great that website is but I don't see what you mean by that. I tried EVERYTHING so far. Even goldshows. But I'm getting asked to put them to 2-3 Gold so that people can send more afterwards. Lmao are you kidding me?! No they fucking won't LOL

Also the "traffic" is insane garbage. Holy shit no. For real this website makes me depressed more than freechat websites lately. I don't know if I'm seriously too ugly to get people to tip me and take pvt but nope that website is so fucking dead for me when I log in and I tried multiple times already as I'm VERY deperate for money.

Also when I see the amount of women putting their vibrators in their panties or on top of it or rub through their panties in freechat, it's no wonder I'm so broke over there!!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Bananabunny For This Useful Post: