Page 342 of 362 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 9028

Thread: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    very very slow here too, since yesterday. Like.. one person an hour in free chat or something, and I am on the 1rst page. And that person usually is "trying to make friends in real life". Really hard to make myself stay online like this...but as you never know what could happen... I am trying to keep my ass stuck in front of this pc for as long as my shift should be. Ugh! Lawd gimme PATIENCE!
    Thats been what Ive been dealing with too. Right the fuck off the back
    "Where you from"

Im from a society where we were regularly taught not to meet strangers
    from online whether theyre offering puppies or money.

Idiots.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hxchayley For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freyasnecklace View Post
    Well, that's fucking discouraging. I just started using SM again, and I have the fastest internet ever, great computer, great cam-- I get hardly any traffic and am finding it very difficult to make up my ranking. Are there any online studios where you work from home?
    know the studio I work with let's you work from home but they offer a physical location where I'm at & I know there's a lot over the internet but the one I'm with offers a higher percent to their models than others from what I've compared. You get a bonus to 75% if you go over a certain amount in earnings. Which sucks seeing the total I make for them but it's still more money for me in general so I guess I can't hate on it too much

Thanks
    Thanked 7,371 Times in 1,825 Posts
    My Mood
    Bored

I would never give a percentage of my measly 35% to anyone for anything. Independent is where it's at.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoloDesire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

I know "S......D" studio (not sure if I want to make publicity) offers those bonuses and it is physical, located in Romania. Could be that one?
    GinnyGold.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Catocracy!! Yes!! Fellows, help the poor little pets w/o a home

Originally Posted by hyori
    What kind of fucked up childhood did they have that they would want to watch a tiny girl stuff her vag with a hairbrush-bristle end, or knives or some other fucked up shit. What kind of event happened where getting off on girls shitting and peeing into their faces is a turn on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnyyy View Post
    I know "S......D" studio (not sure if I want to make publicity) offers those bonuses and it is physical, located in Romania. Could be that one?
    The studio I work at is in the US & I make more after even giving them a cut.. to be honest. But I still get annoyed that I have to but I'm only makin. More so I guess I can't complain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyyasmina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 554 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    Please dont get discouraged. There's always more to the story. Sometimes people do better in a physical studio because the equipment is better plus they tend to have tech support right there onsite. So where some models may think their computers are strong enough to handle encoders often times they're not or they dont have enough ram and are streaming on a weak wifi signal instead of being hardwired. etc

And then theres the part where studio models work on a schedule which helps them stay consistent. Consistency leads to more money. Those are a few of the benefits of working in a physical studio.

You can achieve all of those things working from home but you have to hold yourself accountable for your time online and about being honest in regards to the quality of your tech setup. After so many years of interacting with other cammodels I've come to realize that only a small percentage understand the logistics of streaming. And lastly theres the matter of Chatroom engagement and being able to get customers to convert. Some studios may be able to assist you with some coaching but ultimately the hustle is up to you.
    I LOVE your gif, btw!

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,460 Times in 986 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    Sometimes STUDIOs have models post on sites to help recruit more girls to them.

How much more will you make with the studio taking a cut of YOUR percentage?
    I tend to agree with you if we are talking about me, or you, or people like us who want to make this work our way and not give away even 1 more % point on our quest for the almighty dollar.

BUT!! We are not every person and if a studio was legit it might be a better option for some.

I couldnt believe that people would use a "daily pay" studio because of the amount they lose and yet I now know lots of cammers are using it. For them what they pay for the service is worth it to have the convenience of it. Thats why I am so interested in this. Its easy to make the argument not to go with a studio. "You make less on the $". Simple. But what are the pros? Cammers deserve to have all the info!!
    "In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders." - Sheryl Sandberg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DeepThoughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Agree. You could use this argument on a lot of stuff. For example, some people pay for an accountant while other people have the time and knowledge to do that themselves.

I can also vouch for myself that I am not with a studio myself and get the whole 35% paid. I know some people think I am a shill for studios but thats not the case.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 271 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I'm in the Boleyn Models studio for one reason: My ID is from a Tier 2 country. Which means that as an independent cammer I'm not allowed to reply to mail, I won't get a break button, I only get paid 30%. All kinds of bs. Making a new account with Boleyn categorised me as a Tier 1 country person somehow, and gave me access to all that important stuff. More importantly, I get paid 35%, which means that after Katy's cut, I still make THE EXACT SAME money percentage-wise I was making before. I don't lose a cent, and I get all the benefits of Katy's studio like that sweet, sweet daily pay. Plus renewed New Model status was pretty awesome for the month it lasted.

So I highly recommend anyone from countries where they're only getting 25-30% on SM to hop on the studio train.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heyho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

Quote Originally Posted by heyho View Post
    I'm in the Boleyn Models studio for one reason: My ID is from a Tier 2 country. Which means I don't get to reply to mail, I don't get a break button, I only get paid 30% as an independent model. All kinds of bs.
    My country is Tier 2 also, but I do have a break button, a forced private button (that one when you link your personal site and need to do shows on yours, without leaving SM- not using it, though, reasons were discussed multiple times inhere) and my e-mails are replied in 48 hours if I send an e-mail to support, but I get faster replies directly from their Rep for Europe, Catalina, on Skype, e-mail, WhatsApp. The only bad thing is the 30% and 3 weeks payments delays.
    GinnyGold.com
    Follow me on Twitter

What kind of fucked up childhood did they have that they would want to watch a tiny girl stuff her vag with a hairbrush-bristle end, or knives or some other fucked up shit. What kind of event happened where getting off on girls shitting and peeing into their faces is a turn on?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 511 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

I'm in the Boleyn Models studio for one reason: My ID is from a Tier 2 country. Which means that as an independent cammer I'm not allowed to reply to mail, I won't get a break button, I only get paid 30%. All kinds of bs. Making a new account with Boleyn categorised me as a Tier 1 country person somehow, and gave me access to all that important stuff. More importantly, I get paid 35%, which means that after Katy's cut, I still make THE EXACT SAME money percentage-wise I was making before. I don't lose a cent, and I get all the benefits of Katy's studio like that sweet, sweet daily pay. Plus renewed New Model status was pretty awesome for the month it lasted.

So I highly recommend anyone from countries where they're only getting 25-30% on SM to hop on the studio train.
    That is not the case for everyone in a Tier 2 country. I still get 30%, which after BM's cut, becomes 26%. I had the break button and I could reply mails even before I was with BM tho. Nothing changed for me, except that I don't have the 3 weeks hold on my earnings. You said your ID is from a Tier 2 country, not that you live there so you probably live in a Tier 1 country and so you get 35% instead of 30%.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 271 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^Ok my bad, I was basing it on my own experience and can't speak for other Tier 2 countries. I joined SM 2 years ago as an independent, and although I live in a Tier 1 country, support said models are categorised based on submitted ID only, not current location, because people can travel and cam and so can the scammers from Tier 2 and 3 countries. It was a whole big thing, I was mad pissed, I think I posted a long rant here. So I was Tier 2, 30% and all, nothing I could do about it. A few weeks later when I emailed support asking for a break button, removing the 3 week hold and ability to reply to member mail (I could receive mail but not reply to them), I was told I wasn't allowed any of those things. So, it seems some Tier 2 countries are given more privileges than others - good to note, thanks guys.

@seicento Well that's weird, I wonder why my percentage changed then. I used the exact same Tier 2 ID with Boleyn as I did as an independent. I guess support was bullshitting me :S MY BAD GUYS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 511 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

^Ok my bad, I was basing it on my own experience and can't speak for other Tier 2 countries. I joined SM 2 years ago as an independent, and although I live in a Tier 1 country, support said models are categorised based on submitted ID only, not current location, because people can travel and cam and so can the scammers from Tier 2 and 3 countries. It was a whole big thing, I was mad pissed, I think I posted a long rant here. So I was Tier 2, 30% and all, nothing I could do about it. A few weeks later when I emailed support asking for a break button, removing the 3 week hold and ability to reply to member mail (I could receive mail but not reply to them), I was told I wasn't allowed any of those things. So, it seems some Tier 2 countries are given more privileges than others - good to note, thanks guys.

@seicento Well that's weird, I wonder why my percentage changed then. I used the exact same Tier 2 ID with Boleyn as I did as an independent. I guess support was bullshitting me :S MY BAD GUYS
    It makes sense now. So you live in a Tier 1 country just like I guessed and that's why thru BM you get 35%. I live in my Tier 2 country so nothing had changed regarding %.

Yes, I can confirm that privileges are given depending on your location. First the bigger % for Tier1, then the better placement for those located there, in combination with other factors of course but location reaaaaly matters in placement. The 3 weeks hold, they didn't want to remove it even after 2 years working there and not breaking a rule or other shit.
    Last edited by seicento; 11-12-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Hmm I am not the type that complains on here too much buuut... these last few days have been incredible on Streamate! I am on the 1rst page and on the upper part of it, and... I am hearing crickets!! I mean literally... over 20 ppl in the Potential Members thing and rarely 1-2 ppl in my chat. And when I am getting people in my free chat, 90% of them do not have the slightest intention to pay, or in the best case they just tip a little bit of Gold. I only had 2 short privates today, in 5 hours. That's crazy!! The quality of the traffic these days is scary, only people that are looking for meeting in real life, or looking for free shows! Or just Looky-loo's that vanish if I say Hello! Where is the paying traffic? And where are all of my regulars? Looks like they vanished from the face of Earth, and I sure have quite a few regs as I have been on SM for 6 or 7 years now! Am I the only one with this problem? I looked at a few other girls and I saw it was slow for them too but for some reason I never have the patience to sit and look for more than 2-3 minutes so I am not sure if it's just as bad for them too .. Hope not, cause then it means I could change my pics or something and make it work again, but if it is...then its bad!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Panthera For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    Hmm I am not the type that complains on here too much buuut... these last few days have been incredible on Streamate! I am on the 1rst page and on the upper part of it, and... I am hearing crickets!! I mean literally... over 20 ppl in the Potential Members thing and rarely 1-2 ppl in my chat. And when I am getting people in my free chat, 90% of them do not have the slightest intention to pay, or in the best case they just tip a little bit of Gold. I only had 2 short privates today, in 5 hours. That's crazy!! The quality of the traffic these days is scary, only people that are looking for meeting in real life, or looking for free shows! Or just Looky-loo's that vanish if I say Hello! Where is the paying traffic? And where are all of my regulars? Looks like they vanished from the face of Earth, and I sure have quite a few regs as I have been on SM for 6 or 7 years now! Am I the only one with this problem? I looked at a few other girls and I saw it was slow for them too but for some reason I never have the patience to sit and look for more than 2-3 minutes so I am not sure if it's just as bad for them too .. Hope not, cause then it means I could change my pics or something and make it work again, but if it is...then its bad!

It's bad-Last Tues I worked SM frm 3pm-11pm (8 hrs) that night with not a single private show-only made $4 in tips on a Gold Show & men complained b/c they actually thought they would get a show for $4 (I don't think so) I am on again tonight frm 8:30pm and it's now 11:45PM with the regular HD in broadcaster b/c SM HD Broadcaster no longer works for me w/ my old computer since they did there upgrade to it. I actually said screw it and am split camming SM w/ IMLive but both suck. Not 1 single private. I noticed 3-4 ppl on SM tried to go Private but they are obviously getting kicked out b/c none of them are staying in Private to even get a 30 second peep show. I actually had given up on both sites b/c thought I could make my little living off of Indie Skype shows but they have bottomed out too! sigh Also, I too have had one of my regulars that every time I am on SM which hasn't been much lately only gave me a couple of privates in the past and now all he is about is hanging out in my "free chat" trying to meet up with me in real life.... smh

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MelindaDeaner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,581 Times in 3,500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyFlame View Post
    I made a account so that I could get to know the site from the members view, and so my husband could chat with me while I work, after not having a members account in years and I put his name, and my credit card info not even thinking about it. Now they say "there is a problem" and to send in a photo ID.
    Is it okay for models to have members accounts in there name? At the time I didn't think anything of it but now im iffy because of all the fraud happening.
    Also, should I send in my ID (im sure they are just worried about the card being stolen) or his. or even both.
    If you find out the secret let me know.

I've tried several times to have a customer account under my name and they shut it down within a day or two. I guess SM does not want models to have customer accounts.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Yeah, even the deadest sites are busier than SM these days. I'm lucky if I make $18 an hour there. Definitely wouldn't rely on the site as sole income.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sexkitten_666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

*sighs in relief*

but then gets angry again because WTF MAN i cant keep doing these
    20 dollar checks. Yea, its fucking ridiculous for me during the day
    and i finally am able to get on at night
    and BAM

that familiar mother fucker crickets who likes to be up in everyones room.

JUST FUCK UHHHHHHH

oh and dudes that come in and see "show your ass"
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 203
Size:  958.0 KB

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hxchayley For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    If you find out the secret let me know.

I've tried several times to have a customer account under my name and they shut it down within a day or two. I guess SM does not want models to have customer accounts.
    I made up a customer account under a fake name and used a prepaid credit card. I've had the account for over a year now with no problems.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Someone22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hxchayley View Post
    *sighs in relief*

but then gets angry again because WTF MAN i cant keep doing these
    20 dollar checks. Yea, its fucking ridiculous for me during the day
    and i finally am able to get on at night
    and BAM

that familiar mother fucker crickets who likes to be up in everyones room.

JUST FUCK UHHHHHHH

oh and dudes that come in and see "show your ass"
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 203
Size:  958.0 KB
    lol I hear yeah! At least you even get that! I can sit in Free Chat on SM all day & night long and even host Gold Shows all day long and again I have been on SM frm 4pm yesterday (Monday) to minus 1 hour not on frm 7pm-8pm Monday trying to get there shitcaster to work) then gave up on there broadcaster so used there interface one and got back on and was on frm 8pm Monday night all the way up until 6:15am Today/Tues) Not 1 Private, Not even 1 Tip and I had tried to host a couple Gold Shows Monday night even) Of course I got my semi regular of like a few shows frm couple mths ago in my Free Chat "hanging out" like he always does now and bitching about my cam that sucks of which even tho I was split camming w/ IMLive I told him it's SM not my cam or my very high speed internet) All in All that regular is now another "freeloader" hang out in FLC forever trying to get me to meet him in real life!! smdh I did manage to get him over to Skype and gave him my IndieBill profile to buy a show. Ofc he claimed he doesn't have a webcam for Skype yet tho sigh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 547 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Nope, models cant have accounts
    Ganna have to make a fake one as well. I NEED to know how the site works from their end. I need to tell people how to use it.
    On another note
    Has anyone noticed a MAJOR rise in traffic the last 2 weeks? I've been having 200+ potentials at a time, and long privates non-stop.
    I was kind of hoping maybe they made a recent change, or I finally got my settings right again.
    I also recently changed my hours and started showing face and chatting more.
    Hoping its not just a fluke.
    There's hope girls! Unless this is a bogus fluke, there is still lots of money there!
    Ive been having a blast. I also work on shitty 4g, so theres that.
    Dont give up hope!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BuffyFlame For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,460 Times in 986 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I find that if my room is empty and no one is coming in I usually have to restart my computer. That seems to sort it. Lately my stream rate keeps dropping off randomly and Im finding that after a prvt and especially after an exclusive I need to log out and back in to SM to keep the traffic in my room otherwise they pop in and out like they arent connecting to me.
    "In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders." - Sheryl Sandberg

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeepThoughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

So a guy says he wants to go pvt but then he says this " its doing this weird thing saying i have to add funds
    ive never had to do that "

Anyone know what might being going on? He says he's bought shows before too. Is he just full of shit or have they changed the way guys pay recently?

I've always thought that their credit card is tied to their account and that they are just charged by the minute or has that changed?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Girly_Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 547 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

This right here is the reason they need to allow models to have member accounts.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to BuffyFlame For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

Quote Originally Posted by Girly_Girl View Post
    So a guy says he wants to go pvt but then he says this " its doing this weird thing saying i have to add funds
    ive never had to do that "

I've always thought that their credit card is tied to their account and that they are just charged by the minute or has that changed?
    If they are on prepaid cards, they need to add funds in their customer account and from those funds, start privates and offer tips. Minimum is $25 in my account.
    GinnyGold.com
    Follow me on Twitter

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginnyyy For This Useful Post: