Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

  1. #1
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Why we are still 2nd class citizens to all cam companies...

    As I read a post about a new cam company on here & how they are paying out 70% which sounds great but we all know it isn't. How can we spend hours on a cam site bringing in our own traffic, cutting our income to almost nothing. Cause our custies in general will just wait till we log onto a site we regularly cam on & where all their credit card info is stored or have money on account there go back to it.
    So I will go from minimally $50 an hour to what $10? Lots of nights I make $150 plus an hour to what $10 at 70%. As a cam performer, we love our regulars but all know it is new customers we need to be converting to make money too. With a new cam site that is impossible.

    We get to make financial sacrifices so some man that owns the company can get filthy rich while we lose income. That 70% isn't enough incentive for most of us to do it. Even profit sharing isn't ether, because if you go under we still lose.

    How many cam companies reward performers? Or even recognize those who make them the most money? Of course when you bank that is a reward, but top sales people at every other business in the world give out major bonuses to keep top sales people. What do we get? Not a bonus from a contest, but a bonus at the end of the year due to a great job?

    Of course some of them have contest & bonuses for top sales occasionally, but so do all sales based businesses.

    We don't get Christmas cards or even an email. We don't get a happy birthday card. We don't get recognized at all. We don't matter to them. Work for a big companies even basic employees get a little extra at Christmas or at least a Christmas card. Not like they don't have our addresses.

    On other industry boards people from all the cam sites actively participate in threads about camming with other webmasters & affiliates. NOT HERE! There are not many places where cam performers chat & discuss biz. They belong & active on XBiz, Ynot & GFY, but NOT here.

    They don't do press releases of their top performers or recognize us publically at all. Cam girls that get press within the industry hired PR agents, but it isnt the companies that recognize us as an integral part of their biz.

    How about a press release, an email, specail tag on the cam site, thanking & congradulating a performer who has been steadily making them money & camming with them for 5 years? 10 years? Oh, that's right, they don't give a fuck.

    How many of you got a new car from being a top performer on a cam site? Mary Kay does that
    How many of you got a paid vacation? Not a contest, but a reward for being the best converting performer of guys from free chat to paid chat.

    We don't even get a Thank you from them. How much does that cost? Like you cammed with us for a year, thank you for chosing us as a cam site to work with.

    Cam Awards is about popularity & sending traffic aka our clients to vote so they can collect their email addresses. They sell those email addresses to adult companies & make money. Aka stealing our clientes & spamming them like crazy. What so we can collect some award or a little cash.

    How many of you feel valued by the cam sites you currently work on?

    Sam


  2. #2
    God/dess Marina Starr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Don't Bother Me, USA
    Posts
    7,613
    Thanks
    9,321
    Thanked 29,771 Times in 6,498 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies



  3. #3
    Moderator PhatGirlDynomite!!!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Darkside Of The Moon
    Posts
    9,780
    Thanks
    10,235
    Thanked 22,596 Times in 6,305 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Gawd I was reading a thread on gfy just yesterday about camgirls. They way some of these affiliates talk about us. And some of these guys are the company owners on there. All mingling together talking about us like we're just things.

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...html?highlight
    You can't hold grudges and blessings at the same time.


  4. #4
    Featured Member Tsani's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    3,882
    Thanked 4,178 Times in 1,174 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Yup, I've been on GFY more lately because of some affiliate projects I've been working on and I was just reading a thread about some marketer whining about how his facebook pages where he pretends to be cam models keep getting flagged and deleted... boo hoo hoo. If I found some marketer posting MY camming photos on facebook I would rip his ass a new one! They don't give a fuck that facebook facial recognition is gonna tell people "hey is this (insert real name here)?" or maybe one of our friends or family might see it and go "hey i know that girl!" Yeah there's always the possibility of people finding us, but facebook is NOT the place where we want to be advertised. I almost said something in that thread but I knew I'd probably get flamed.

    I'm all for affiliate marketing but respect the boundaries of the models you're promoting. We're people, not products.

  5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tsani For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    456
    Thanked 425 Times in 135 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    (taken from linked thread-how gross)


    Screenshot 2015-11-19 14.02.08.png

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sophianz For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsani View Post
    Yup, I've been on GFY more lately because of some affiliate projects I've been working on and I was just reading a thread about some marketer whining about how his facebook pages where he pretends to be cam models keep getting flagged and deleted... boo hoo hoo. If I found some marketer posting MY camming photos on facebook I would rip his ass a new one! They don't give a fuck that facebook facial recognition is gonna tell people "hey is this (insert real name here)?" or maybe one of our friends or family might see it and go "hey i know that girl!" Yeah there's always the possibility of people finding us, but facebook is NOT the place where we want to be advertised. I almost said something in that thread but I knew I'd probably get flamed.

    I'm all for affiliate marketing but respect the boundaries of the models you're promoting. We're people, not products.
    They have no honor. Affiliates can care less about our privacy or ripping off the guys. Look at how many promoted Ashley Madison, being fake, ripping off people... as long as it put money in their pocket they didn't care.

    Been watching that thread to for a bit, it is how they truly view us. Cracks me up how the site owners, the affiliates have no clue why they can't get girls to cam or keep camming. All they care about is getting you to sign up. No follow through on HOW to cam, HOW to deal with all the haters, beggars, stalkers which can be overwhelming to a new girl.

    Camming for the first time & not knowing how to work the cam site in general is a major bump in the road. Many girls don't know when they are live, in private, getting fake tips. NOBODY at these companies even walk them through how to get up & running on the cam site. Nothing matters but signing them up. No feed back on you did a great job or tomorrow will be better. No info on how to block or kick a hater from the room.

    There is no training at all, cam models are just thrown to the sharks & told how to swim. NO IT IS MUCH EASIER TO CALL US LAZY & CRAZY. They take no responsibility at all for their failure to instruct, prepare or how to make money. Most of them are dumb enough to tell them be nice no matter what, do what the guys want & you will make money.

    It is like throwing someone into the kitchen who has never cooked before & make them a line cook. Then get mad when they walk off the job & don't come back.

    Fact is when you do hiring for a company many people don't show up for the first day on the job. Even if they do put in a full days work, they may not be back the next day.

    These people sign up girls & then QUITE on them. So who really quite first? NEVER ever has any cam site given me any feedback on how to do my job. Never have they said good job or how to improve. Oh, there might be some info on the site, but it is BURIED. Does NOT tell you how to deal with fake tippers, haters, soul takers, predators.

    None of them tell you how to convert anyone in free chat to an actual Sale.

    Affiliates get their hands held on how to make money. They get special attention & a dedicated person at each company on how to be a success. Who at any cam company is the point person for us? We have to help eachother, but NONE of them do jack for us....

    Guess what I think of them GFY as in Go fuck yourself.

    Ladies, keep building your social media following. Become the traffic broker, let's keep putting those affiliates out of biz. Affiliates are not the power brokers they used to be, we rely upon them less & less to get sales, but they need us more than ever.

    Sam


  9. #7
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Personally, I love reading men cry about how they spent just a few hours to a few minutes signing up a girl to a cam site and now are mad because she didn't hoe enough for him to make a profit off of her for years.
    Do they really expect a few hours of emails & phone calls to earn them a fortune? LMAO & they call us lazy.


    I'd be more than happy to sign them up to Chaterbate so they can jack off all day & make money. Since it is so easy for us just to sit around & play with our pussies & earn a fortune.

    Sam


  10. #8
    God/dess Issabelle's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Narnia Bitches!
    Posts
    2,214
    Thanks
    1,755
    Thanked 7,474 Times in 1,773 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Sam, rant on! I'm legitimately afraid to step foot on that GFY forum because I'd spend time being pissed off at their entitled belittlement of models (because, hey, easier than pointing the finger at yourself) instead of working.

    If it weren't for the rare unicorn man (often gay, but there are exceptions) who treated women as something other than business commodities and a target to blame for all their short comings, I'd be convinced that 100% of men were assholes. As it is, my opinion is that only 99.999% of individuals with a penis are worthless.

    Fact--if all affiliates went away, the cam world would keep right on a rollin' but if all models went away--well, damn, there goes the neighborhood!



  11. #9
    God/dess sexysusie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,663
    Thanks
    8,071
    Thanked 10,281 Times in 3,726 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    Why we are still 2nd class citizens to all cam companies...

    As I read a post about a new cam company on here & how they are paying out 70% which sounds great but we all know it isn't. How can we spend hours on a cam site bringing in our own traffic, cutting our income to almost nothing. Cause our custies in general will just wait till we log onto a site we regularly cam on & where all their credit card info is stored or have money on account there go back to it.
    So I will go from minimally $50 an hour to what $10? Lots of nights I make $150 plus an hour to what $10 at 70%. As a cam performer, we love our regulars but all know it is new customers we need to be converting to make money too. With a new cam site that is impossible.

    We get to make financial sacrifices so some man that owns the company can get filthy rich while we lose income. That 70% isn't enough incentive for most of us to do it. Even profit sharing isn't ether, because if you go under we still lose.

    How many cam companies reward performers? Or even recognize those who make them the most money? Of course when you bank that is a reward, but top sales people at every other business in the world give out major bonuses to keep top sales people. What do we get? Not a bonus from a contest, but a bonus at the end of the year due to a great job?

    Of course some of them have contest & bonuses for top sales occasionally, but so do all sales based businesses.

    We don't get Christmas cards or even an email. We don't get a happy birthday card. We don't get recognized at all. We don't matter to them. Work for a big companies even basic employees get a little extra at Christmas or at least a Christmas card. Not like they don't have our addresses.

    On other industry boards people from all the cam sites actively participate in threads about camming with other webmasters & affiliates. NOT HERE! There are not many places where cam performers chat & discuss biz. They belong & active on XBiz, Ynot & GFY, but NOT here.

    They don't do press releases of their top performers or recognize us publically at all. Cam girls that get press within the industry hired PR agents, but it isnt the companies that recognize us as an integral part of their biz.

    How about a press release, an email, specail tag on the cam site, thanking & congradulating a performer who has been steadily making them money & camming with them for 5 years? 10 years? Oh, that's right, they don't give a fuck.

    How many of you got a new car from being a top performer on a cam site? Mary Kay does that
    How many of you got a paid vacation? Not a contest, but a reward for being the best converting performer of guys from free chat to paid chat.

    We don't even get a Thank you from them. How much does that cost? Like you cammed with us for a year, thank you for chosing us as a cam site to work with.

    Cam Awards is about popularity & sending traffic aka our clients to vote so they can collect their email addresses. They sell those email addresses to adult companies & make money. Aka stealing our clientes & spamming them like crazy. What so we can collect some award or a little cash.

    How many of you feel valued by the cam sites you currently work on?

    Sam
    Completely agreed Sam. i've been getting more and more ticked off with XBiz, with how the (male) site owners (99% of whom I've never heard of!) talk about "their girls" as though cam performers are literally items they own.. just a small cog in their crappy camsite empire. They seem to have no idea at all that WE are the ones with the money making power. I spent a lot of time talking with a few specific people from that board about the situation facing UK camgirls currently with the EU VAT laws, and was spoken to as though they cared and understood and had an interest, yet at a recent UK industry event the topic was not mentioned.. I felt as though I had wasted my breath.

    No i do not feel valued. I have been with my main site for almost 5 years now and literally overnight they sprang on us new VAT issues and left us to deal with the implications of that. We (I) have had to FIGHT and spend countless unpaid hours in research and discussion to get them to see how this has affected us, and how it's affecting them too, because they honestly didn't have a clue! Whilst they have acted on my information and are keeping me updated, they have not exactly done it with thanks. Over the years there have been other far lesser but still impactful issues, such as technical glitches with the systems which make getting through to us harder for customers, that they have point blank refused to acknowledge.

    TBH my site is one of the better ones.. when we start to look at places like MGF or LJ where the performer is ALWAYS 3rd class, then it gets really sick.
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar




  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    LOL I was banned from joining GFY years ago due to my opinions before there was social media or boards like this one. Came with being blacklisted years ago from not agreeing with the powers to be & doing my own thing.

    Actually, I am grateful for being banned. They dont deserve my insight & advice, nor would they ever had appreciated it.

    Smooches,
    Sam

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    God/dess sexysusie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,663
    Thanks
    8,071
    Thanked 10,281 Times in 3,726 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Issabelle View Post
    Sam, rant on! I'm legitimately afraid to step foot on that GFY forum because I'd spend time being pissed off at their entitled belittlement of models (because, hey, easier than pointing the finger at yourself) instead of working.

    If it weren't for the rare unicorn man (often gay, but there are exceptions) who treated women as something other than business commodities and a target to blame for all their short comings, I'd be convinced that 100% of men were assholes. As it is, my opinion is that only 99.999% of individuals with a penis are worthless.

    Fact--if all affiliates went away, the cam world would keep right on a rollin' but if all models went away--well, damn, there goes the neighborhood!
    I think you've just given voice to EXACTLY what I've been getting the feeling of but not knowing how to explain. It's hard to have a professional discussion with people who literally see you as a commodity. And all these people and sites i see talked about on these biz forums must be affiliates cause I have never ever heard of them. Makes a bit more sense now.
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar




  16. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    God/dess audritwo's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2013
    Location
    10.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    5,703
    Thanked 19,559 Times in 3,647 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Maybe they should put some actual work in the clips they get from our group shows? Maybe instead of posting the damn show, snip clips from it. Show previews. Because they are contributing to us losing sales that way. Why buy the cake when you can get it for free? That's lazy and poor marketing.





    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Red View Post
    Audritwo's asshole sees all, knows all. Spurs on armies of orcs. Casts fear into the dwindling races of Middle-Earth. Fears hobbits.


  18. #13
    Veteran Member anoncamgirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 322 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Are you ladies sure that it is professional to post this here?

    https://discord.gg/uj2YTKV <-- online chat group for camgirls, clipgirls, and strippers! (No men allowed.)

  19. #14
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Keep in mind, you maybe afraid to post on GFY, they are terrified to post on here. Including most of the owners & people who work at cam sites.

    We don't just tell them to GFY, no. We tear their whole biz apart. LOL That these key board warriors in person quake in our presence, been there seen it happen. Funny how they get so tongue tied right in front of me.

    Posting there is pointless, they will just ask for pics of tits, it is all they are mentally capable of doing.

    Sam


  20. #15
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Quote Originally Posted by anoncamgirl View Post
    Are you ladies sure that it is professional to post this here?
    Excuse me? How can we get more respect if we don't talk about the inequalities we deal with on a business level? How can we improve as a business partner with any company if we are in denial about how we are not even acknowledged by them as one?

    Do you mean, fear? Do I fear they will retalliate? NOPE! I make them to much money, affiliates love me, I convert traffic like crazy & have for years. To fear repercussions means we don't feel any value in ourselves. Are you afraid? Have you read GFY do you think they ponder calling us cunts, crazy bitchs, lazy & everything else as less than professional?

    My name is Samantha38g, they very well know who I am, where to find me & that I don't back down by now. Who are you? I post here, on my blogs, on my social media without fear. I stand behind what I state unless someone can convince me in a logical way I am wrong.

    Have I stated anything you are in disagreement with?

    Long as we are afraid they keep us under control.

    Sam

  21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    Completely agreed Sam. i've been getting more and more ticked off with XBiz, with how the (male) site owners (99% of whom I've never heard of!) talk about "their girls" as though cam performers are literally items they own.. just a small cog in their crappy camsite empire. They seem to have no idea at all that WE are the ones with the money making power. I spent a lot of time talking with a few specific people from that board about the situation facing UK camgirls currently with the EU VAT laws, and was spoken to as though they cared and understood and had an interest, yet at a recent UK industry event the topic was not mentioned.. I felt as though I had wasted my breath.

    No i do not feel valued. I have been with my main site for almost 5 years now and literally overnight they sprang on us new VAT issues and left us to deal with the implications of that. We (I) have had to FIGHT and spend countless unpaid hours in research and discussion to get them to see how this has affected us, and how it's affecting them too, because they honestly didn't have a clue! Whilst they have acted on my information and are keeping me updated, they have not exactly done it with thanks. Over the years there have been other far lesser but still impactful issues, such as technical glitches with the systems which make getting through to us harder for customers, that they have point blank refused to acknowledge.

    TBH my site is one of the better ones.. when we start to look at places like MGF or LJ where the performer is ALWAYS 3rd class, then it gets really sick.
    I completely agree with you. At some point you have to realize that cam site doesnt care & you should either, start pointing your regulars to social media sites you are on & taking them off site to pay you directly for shows.

    Sam

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    God/dess sexysusie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,663
    Thanks
    8,071
    Thanked 10,281 Times in 3,726 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    I've always done that and having to do so a lot more now, but as you say these guys like to stick where their credit cards are and where they know the site layout and functions. It is a LOT harder to make anywhere near as much money independently as it is to stick with said site *sigh*
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar




  25. #18
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    I doubt it if affiliates come here and read, but I know for a fact cam companies do.

    And yet, I still post.

    Also aware my fans or guys who cam with us might read what I post too. AND?

    If you have ever spent anytime watching me cam as many others here have, then you would know I don't hold back or kiss ass.

    AS long as webmasters & affiliates keep posting the same old bullshit & we dont present our side then we will never get heard. Cam companies try to recruit me all the time with a higher percentage than they offer other performers. I know my value.

    I worked hard to be in a position where I was saught after by other companies. Part of that value comes from me posting advice on this site to other performers. If I am going to be hard on us to up our game then I feel equally entitled to be hard on the companies too.

    Sam

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Senior Member PumpkinSpicy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 355 Times in 98 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Reading Sam's responses like
    tumblr_mtq7clXDuL1rikwsko1_400.gif

    Honestly, from what I've seen, the camming industry is just as bad as the porn industry. These guys do a fantastic job acting like they care until you actually need them for any goddamn thing. Even the girls who used to be performers, who go into the business side of it with the best intentions, seem to come out just as corrupt 90% of the time. This is why I like my big box site. Get myself on cam, make cash, get off. I don't have to deal with anyone but the customer.
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to PumpkinSpicy For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    God/dess DonaDiabla's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,656
    Thanks
    5,073
    Thanked 7,142 Times in 2,589 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    I do agree with Sam and other girls about a lot of affiliates now. However, I think that more sex workers should become proper affiliates and start power broking for other sex workers. Personally, I go on gfy.com only for looking for stuff to help my pso business including buying private photo sets. However, I know that most of the affiliates and other business owners on that website are not looking out for the sex workers' business interest. You can see that many talk about cam models, escorts, and many other sex workers like they are pieces of garbage. Plus, gfy.com can be quiet racist, homophobic and sexist at times as well. Now, I am not the most moral person but some of the people on Gfy.com just take the WTF cake. Now there are some industry people on there who do care about sex workers like that lady who runs Spooky Dollars but she is one of the few. Bongo Cash owner has no respect for neither affiliates nor cam models.However, it does give many people an insight into the minds of many industry players. So, it is quite useful site if you just stay in the business only forums.

    Here are some of their winning threads: Not really hateful but WTF?

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...ight=Nazi+porn

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...question.html?

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...cceptable.html

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...black-jew.html

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Featured Member Tsani's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    3,882
    Thanked 4,178 Times in 1,174 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Yeah I try to stay in the business related sections. Wandering into the "fucking around" section feels like trying to wade through a frat house after a party with drunk assholes and used condoms laying around. Need a really hot shower afterwards lol.

    I saw one person posted that maybe the girls that the recruiter was whining about not working re-signed up and cut out the middleman.... and nobody else seemed to get that. One person was like "you're right, they probably sign up to all these sites and forget they already signed up." Uh, no, they probably decided to do some research about the site they were working on, found Stripperweb, realized they were signed up with a studio and GTFO... just like I did when I got recruited by "the studio who shall not be named". We're a lot smarter than they think and we really need to take industry from these ignorant pimps. I agree with Dona, every cam model should be an affiliate marketer and promote ourselves and each other.

  32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tsani For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    I do agree with Sam and other girls about a lot of affiliates now. However, I think that more sex workers should become proper affiliates and start power broking for other sex workers. Personally, I go on gfy.com only for looking for stuff to help my pso business including buying private photo sets. However, I know that most of the affiliates and other business owners on that website are not looking out for the sex workers' business interest. You can see that many talk about cam models, escorts, and many other sex workers like they are pieces of garbage. Plus, gfy.com can be quiet racist, homophobic and sexist at times as well. Now, I am not the most moral person but some of the people on Gfy.com just take the WTF cake. Now there are some industry people on there who do care about sex workers like that lady who runs Spooky Dollars but she is one of the few. Bongo Cash owner has no respect for neither affiliates nor cam models.However, it does give many people an insight into the minds of many industry players. So, it is quite useful site if you just stay in the business only forums.

    Here are some of their winning threads: Not really hateful but WTF?

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...ight=Nazi+porn

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...question.html?

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...cceptable.html

    http://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...black-jew.html
    It important for us to read other industry boards. To stay informed & to know how they think & operate so we can plan our own careers and brands. To know exactly who we are dealing with so we can avoid the worst & protect ourselves better.


    Since they don't value us, our opinions don't matter until they need us to make money. Posting on their boards won't make them think any differently about us either. I do post on Xbiz, i do have my say. Don't care if they agree with me at all. But they do listen to me, I do get that respect there. The ones who don't, not going to bother fighting with them either, nor does it hurt my feelings. Also open to those who disagree with me here. My feelings don't get hurt if others disgree with me.

    At this point, they are needing us more and more instead of thinking of us as replacable. With more and more cam sites popping up, with many old cam sites realizing they are losing performers & can't replace them at the rate they used to.

    The cam market is flooded with lots of cam sites. They know we are NOT going to work for just one cam site anymore. Used to be if you worked on more than one site you got fired. They held all the power. Once they used to do charge backs, we switched to companies that dont. The money it cost to start a site, marketing and current is huge. They have this huge investment. Used to be the affiliates & studios had all the power. They catered to them The cam contracts SUCKED & we had very few options.

    There isnt as many new girls signing up & camming anymore. We can read from that thread how few of them actually ever cam & make money at it. Looks to be like 1%. Which tells how bad of a sales person they are in my opinion. So they need & want girls who cam on a regular basis who has built up a customer base.

    I disagree I am NOT a sex Worker. Very little of my job involves sex. In fact, even on cam sex is about 20% of the work I do. Even when I film the hours I put into preproductions, prep then editing, uploading & marketing is about 10% involving sex. I am an entrepreneur: a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk. Calling me a sex worker is like a man telling me my job is easy, just to sit there & look pretty.

    Great that you want to be a power broker for other sex workers. But that is not the same them as them becoming a power broker themselves. I post here & advise other performers so they can work hard & become a power broker from themselves. I'm not looking to make money off of their endeavors.

    More they hate & resent us is the power shifting out of their control. Cause we won't fall in line & make them money no matter how badly they treat us. If anything, this board proves to me that we all brainstorm, help, advice on how to make money with or without them. WE don't stop. We keep moving forward and need them less & less. WE are all try to find ways to innovate new incomes while they just bitch about how it used to be. We are the future, we live in the future, because we are the future.

    I posted this thread because it is the next way we force them to improve the system so we are all equals in making money. Just like if you go back and read years ago on this site how we hated chargebacks, now that is in the past.

    Been in porn for 15 years, I have changed that industry & this one many ways for all of us to have better fairer conditions.

    Sam

  34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:


  35. #23
    God/dess Issabelle's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Narnia Bitches!
    Posts
    2,214
    Thanks
    1,755
    Thanked 7,474 Times in 1,773 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    I think what bothers me the most about affiliates or start-up sites posting about a 'new cam site opportunity' or trying to recruit for their studio is the lack of follow up. They drop this whole 'come check this out here!' spiel with THEIR affiliate link (which makes THEM money) and just expect US to sign up because they've 'advertised.' There's no Q&A session. They are not open to comments. They don't give you any real reason to go with them. They just expect that you'll read their vague, useless blurb and go 'yeah, I figure I can do that.' What incentive to I even HAVE? The thread Sam mentions at the start of her first post here was created by a 3+ year forum member with, what, 7 posts total including that one? It wasn't done by a community member--it was done by a registered lurker and affiliate recruiter type, based on the threads/posts made on that account. I have never seen more half-assed recruiting attempts in my life then some of the ones I see here. On rare occasion someone will show up and answer questions (50/50 on how that will end up turning out) for new sites, but usually it's just a half-step above Mumbai Escort Spam.

    And then they complain that they don't get girls they sign up to work. Dudes/'ladies'--if your definition of 'aggressive, targeted marketing' is dropping a short, vague, useless post into the middle of our camming forum, then I can start to see why you think we're lazy flakes for not showing up to work. Clearly, if all you need to do to GET models is that, you must assume that all you need to BE a model is a body with a laptop. It's not like there's more stuff to do. Clearly, this industry is easier to break into than I ever thought if all you need to do is fill in the sign up form for us and spam Craigslist/forums to get recruits.

    You want to know what types of girls you attract with THOSE tactics? Brand new ones. The girls who are desperate for easy money and have no idea what they're doing. It was probably late at night and they thought 'I need a job that pays hella BANK,' so they googled camming and picked the first place the search results gave. Like, you basically got a lucky click. Stop being pissed they run away before they stream, either because they realize you're a studio/affiliate taking THEIR money for nearly NO work they couldn't do themselves or because no one has fucking bothered to tell them how to function, let alone survive--fucking forget thriving--in this industry.

    Oh, wait, you want girls who will definitely earn you some cash? Well, how about you earn it yourself. Train those new girls properly. You have no idea how camming works on that side of the camera/screen, you say? Why am I NOT surprised? You'll never get your hands on a senior model with experience and serious earning potential because we know you take, take, take without giving anything back, but maybe you can learn to convert new girls and give them something none of us had--training.


  36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Issabelle For This Useful Post:


  37. #24
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,461
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 23,457 Times in 3,940 Posts

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Issabelle View Post
    I think what bothers me the most about affiliates or start-up sites posting about a 'new cam site opportunity' or trying to recruit for their studio is the lack of follow up. They drop this whole 'come check this out here!' spiel with THEIR affiliate link (which makes THEM money) and just expect US to sign up because they've 'advertised.' There's no Q&A session. They are not open to comments. They don't give you any real reason to go with them. They just expect that you'll read their vague, useless blurb and go 'yeah, I figure I can do that.' What incentive to I even HAVE? The thread Sam mentions at the start of her first post here was created by a 3+ year forum member with, what, 7 posts total including that one? It wasn't done by a community member--it was done by a registered lurker and affiliate recruiter type, based on the threads/posts made on that account. I have never seen more half-assed recruiting attempts in my life then some of the ones I see here. On rare occasion someone will show up and answer questions (50/50 on how that will end up turning out) for new sites, but usually it's just a half-step above Mumbai Escort Spam.

    And then they complain that they don't get girls they sign up to work. Dudes/'ladies'--if your definition of 'aggressive, targeted marketing' is dropping a short, vague, useless post into the middle of our camming forum, then I can start to see why you think we're lazy flakes for not showing up to work. Clearly, if all you need to do to GET models is that, you must assume that all you need to BE a model is a body with a laptop. It's not like there's more stuff to do. Clearly, this industry is easier to break into than I ever thought if all you need to do is fill in the sign up form for us and spam Craigslist/forums to get recruits.

    You want to know what types of girls you attract with THOSE tactics? Brand new ones. The girls who are desperate for easy money and have no idea what they're doing. It was probably late at night and they thought 'I need a job that pays hella BANK,' so they googled camming and picked the first place the search results gave. Like, you basically got a lucky click. Stop being pissed they run away before they stream, either because they realize you're a studio/affiliate taking THEIR money for nearly NO work they couldn't do themselves or because no one has fucking bothered to tell them how to function, let alone survive--fucking forget thriving--in this industry.

    Oh, wait, you want girls who will definitely earn you some cash? Well, how about you earn it yourself. Train those new girls properly. You have no idea how camming works on that side of the camera/screen, you say? Why am I NOT surprised? You'll never get your hands on a senior model with experience and serious earning potential because we know you take, take, take without giving anything back, but maybe you can learn to convert new girls and give them something none of us had--training.
    EXACTLY! If they worked for a mainstream company as a head hunter they would be FIRED! All that mysogeny comes out in emails & phone calls & the girls are probably like fuck it, not making that jerk a single dime.

    I see on one of the threads there about the girl with the finger in her nose that some of them are reading this thread here & defending her. Telling how they do train & follow up with the girls they recruit. See how fast this thread is working.....

    What they don't realize is that some guy probably tipped her to stick a finger up her nose. After all we are asked without tips or going private to stand on our heads & fuck both holes, fist our asses, shit, piss, puke. At this point a finger in the nose sounds down right innocent to me.

    Hey affiliates if you can't get more than one girl out of 100 to cam after signing her up, you would suck at camming & getting men to spend money on you. Wonder how you would treat the freeloaders & time wasters on cam that we have to deal with & convert into a paying customer.

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:


  39. #25
    God/dess Issabelle's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Narnia Bitches!
    Posts
    2,214
    Thanks
    1,755
    Thanked 7,474 Times in 1,773 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Why we are STILL 2nd class citizens to ALL cam companies

    Link to this thread please Sam?


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 09:14 AM
  2. 2nd day on mfc and I'm number 1? But my cam score is 750 wtf?
    By mikayla in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 12:47 PM
  3. Bookings in Europe for US Citizens?
    By Krissy Kennedy in forum Club Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 09:02 PM
  4. What are you doing for the displaced citizens?
    By TJAndDani in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 07:30 PM
  5. Atheists not citizens ?
    By AvaAngel in forum Political Poo
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •