Thread: An eggs, basket, organization question

Thanks
    Thanked 6,194 Times in 1,978 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default An eggs, basket, organization question

Ok guys, I've got about ten eggs-15 once I finish some sign ups. I'm wondering if it's best to advertise all of them on Twitter-I only have like 1000 followers-or if having a Google searchable website where they're all listed would be more profitable. Thanks in advance
    Twitter:
    Cam profile: *Fave me, it's good for my ego
    General Pics:
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn!"-C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by xStacey View Post
    Close contact, for an hour, for $40? And I guess I'll have to make conversation with them too?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetJulia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,286 Times in 3,725 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: An eggs, basket, organization question

Keyword rich blog on your website which then links to yiur sites, plus using hashtags on twitter, tumblr, and instagrams which all link back to your site x
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,162 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I vote for neither! If you give guys a big list of sites, they will just get confused and/or paralyzed by having too many options (the paradox of choice).

Instead, sit down and decide which sites are your most valuable eggs for each category (indy cam sites, big box cam sites, phone sex, texting, clips, panties). Take a few things into consideration:
    ~ Which site gives you the highest take-home pay per minute/item? Remember that a higher percentage doesn't mean much if the site has a culture of extremely low prices.
    ~ Which sites give you a nice incentive for signing up customers? Is the affiliate cut only on your own shows? Is it only in effect for a limited time? When you boil it down, I'm pretty sure SM will win in this arena against most sites.
    ~ Which sites have placement algorithms based on how much traffic you get (paying or otherwise)? If your placement on one site is random, but you'll get a placement bump for getting more customers on another site, driving your traffic to the latter will be more helpful in terms of placement.
    ~ Which site is the most likely to appeal to your customers? You don't want to direct your guys to a site, only for them to leave because it's too expensive, too difficult to navigate, or has sub-par streaming quality.
    ~ Which sites do you like the best and want to work on the most in the future?

When you've decided which site is the best for each type of service you offer, advertise only those sites. Let all the other sites provide you with traffic, but send the traffic you control to the sites that are most advantageous for you.
    Be smart about prioritizing which services you're advertising, too. For example, if you're split camming both indy and big box sites, and you like indy better or earn more from it, only advertise your favorite indy site. Likewise, if you're on cam, it makes no sense to advertise phone sex on twitter because phone sex isn't as lucrative. If a dude wants phone sex, fine, but gently encourage guys toward the most profitable service you're offering at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by temptingmodel
    "dont worry, its slow for other models today"
    I'm not other models, its not slow.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Magical_Hoohah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,162 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

As far as twitter vs website, having both is great, but if you can only pick one, it should be twitter. Google LOVES twitter, so it will get good placement in search results long before your website does. In addition, some cam sites allow you to list your twitter ID, so it gets more visibility that way, too.

Of course, once you've got twitter under control (and it sounds like you do), making a blog-site, tumblr-site, or full-fledged website is a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by temptingmodel
    "dont worry, its slow for other models today"
    I'm not other models, its not slow.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magical_Hoohah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,666 Times in 2,626 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

i made a thread a few months back and asked pretty much the same thing what most ppl recommended i do is advertise my favorite eggs from each catigory and then list all the other ones on my website.

i think this makes sense because say for example a guy finds u on twitter and has a cb account but not an mfc account and he doesnt want to make a new account on mfc just for if all u advertise is mfc how will he know u even have a cb account to spend on u there?

so u could lose potential customers by not putting all ur eggs somewhere for ppl to see because when u advertise only one place if that place isnt some place a potentail custie has an account on but has an account somewhere else that offeres that same thing and u have an account their too then he would never know unless he googles ur name and u use the same name everywhere .

but honestly i dont think very many ppl think like that the majority of guys who have a generoius amount of money to burn are middle aged / older men who may not be that hip to navigating around the web so making it as easy as possible for them to access you so u can access their money is the way to go imo.
    Last edited by Snowy0Star; 02-16-2016 at 02:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I keep an extremely detailed log of each egg on an excel spreadsheet. I had 7 for all of 2015 and an 8th one that started in June of 2015. I keep charts and graphs that are tied to the numbers I plug in from earnings each day from each egg to give a simple running overview of each month. (I used to be an accountant, hence the OCD when it comes to spreadsheets)

When February 2016 rolled around, I decided to take a look at where I spent my time and effort in 2015. There was only 1 egg that really stood out among the rest (like exponentially greater earnings...I was floored), but I spent most of 2015 nurturing and growing the other eggs.

It really put everything in perspective for me when I would work 15-18 hour days last year. Yes, I had some of my biggest months ever in 2015 with earnings coming from 8 sources, but was it worth it to be spread so thin? Bottom line, the money I earn from the main egg is more valuable to me than the money I earn from other eggs because I have to work exponentially harder for the money I earn from the lesser eggs.

I decided to pare down the other eggs after this analysis a couple weeks ago because I was starting to feel burnt out. The burn out actually started happening in November 2015. You can only burn the candle at both ends for so long, right?

Now I'm working 4-6 hours/day and earning more by concentrating on the most lucrative egg.

Will I still work on the other eggs? Of course! But I'm not going to make them a priority and sacrifice the main egg's earning potential to grow and nurture the other eggs.

I wouldn't have known any of this if I hadn't invested an entire year creating, nurturing, and growing the other eggs. There's a whole year of analysis for me to look at and reflect on.

When it comes to deciding what you're going to be doing in the future with your current 10 eggs and the additional 5, I think Magical's advice is very sound. The only thing I have to work on is my hind site being 20/20. I got burnt out in 2015. The analysis of what I did last year is going to propel me through 2016. I'll be able to work more efficiently and earn more...but now I'm recovering through a massive burn out that never needed to happen.

I would suggest that you keep a very detailed spreadsheet. Keep track of your hours and how you spend them. Most importantly, don't get burnt out.

If I would have had it to do over again...

1 main big box site,
    1 main indy site,
    1 main PSO site to just leave on in the background,
    1 main clip site,
    and a personal payment processor.

These aren't necessarily each an individual egg. (E.G. F4F is a big box site with a PSO line so those 2 eggs would really be one. Or your main indy site might be the same one that you use as a personal payment processor because you get the biggest percentage payout from them. [I don't work F4F...simply using it as an example since we don't all rely on the same exact eggs]. In my case, this leaves me with 4 main eggs instead of 8 that I can concentrate on and a 5th I can leave on in the background.

And finally...that was really long winded!!!

Twitter has been, by far, the MOST valuable marketing tool for me...and unfortunately, I've been ignoring my twitter account the last few months. Right now I just let my auto-tweets market for me instead of actively using my account.

The way I handled twitter in 2015 was to spend 10 minutes each day following a handful of relevant handles to gain more followers. I also have a spreadsheet with the accounts that RT me the most so I tag them the most. My tweets that have pictures get RT the most. So after I spend 10 minutes following new-to-me handles, I'll spend another 10-20 minutes taking pictures for my tweets for the day and keep them on a spreadsheet. Then every couple of hours, I'll copy, paste, and upload the new tweet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by ggminx View Post
    The way I handled twitter in 2015 was to spend 10 minutes each day following a handful of relevant handles to gain more followers. I also have a spreadsheet with the accounts that RT me the most so I tag them the most. My tweets that have pictures get RT the most. So after I spend 10 minutes following new-to-me handles, I'll spend another 10-20 minutes taking pictures for my tweets for the day and keep them on a spreadsheet. Then every couple of hours, I'll copy, paste, and upload the new tweet.
    Holy shit, if you want to add another egg you can manage my social media for me

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackiebee For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackiebee View Post
    Holy shit, if you want to add another egg you can manage my social media for me
    Thanks for the vote of confidence jackiebee! I so so sooooooo hate social media. I don't even use it for my personal life at all so getting started doing it for camming has been such a huge hurdle. I haven't been consistent with it since July 2015, I believe...maybe August? I set up auto-tweets back in August and then just stopped effing with it. Even the 30 minutes/day I would spend on it would infuriate me. Pretty dumb, I know...but we all have our quirks, right? At least my income is still growing without using it. Sometimes I wonder if it would grow more if I got serious about it...but then I just let those thoughts fall by the wayside.

I actually used one of the threads here in camming connection to get my twitter stuff on point those few months that I was actually being proactive about it. I was just searching for the thread, but don't feel like reading through to see which was which. I think the thread topic was something like "marketing 101" or something along those lines.

It lists a bunch of sites that are great for pulling in traffic and a ton of twitter accounts. If I recall correctly, it even has threads linked within that thread referencing more great advice. It's been almost a year since I even looked at that thread. I'd suggest searching for it. So many great tips so you don't have to wade through the twitter-sphere without direction.

Since the thread is older, some of those handles might not work or accounts might have changed, but it's a GREAT jumping off point

If anyone knows specifically which thread I'm referencing, please post it

*EDIT*
    Found the links:
    How to Maximize Your Twitter Experience
    https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...ter-Experience

Promoting Yourself/Advertising/Getting More Traffic 101
    https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...re-Traffic-101
    Last edited by ggminx; 02-17-2016 at 08:33 AM.