Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home workout equipment - List what you have. List what you want!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,873 Times in 5,465 Posts

Default Re: Home workout equipment - List what you have. List what you want!

Medicine ball, hand weight, jump rope.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

What do you think about dancing using a spinner? You know like strippers. I always admire people how can dance like this. It is very beautiful and at the same time, you have to work a lot in order to be able to dance. I started to admire this kind of sport after my friend's bachelor party. We did for him a surprise and found and made the best party ever. Girls knew exactly what to do hehe. After that, I think that strip dance is the best sport ever and you can do it home too.
    Last edited by GabriellePeake; 07-24-2020 at 12:28 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GabriellePeake For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Treadmill, free weights, jump rope, sit-up ball, pole

Thanks
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 2,637 Posts

Door mounted chinup bar, striking bag (the kind that bounces back when you hit it), wheel for abs, pushup handles (for making them harder and at different angles), lots of various dumbells, a set of rings I haven't used yet, and will be putting the pole back up now that the whining bitch downstairs finally moved out.

Turns out he was actually disturbed by my getting ready for work about 6 PM, so after about 1 1/2 years of him pissing and moaning endlessly, I bought some gymnastic mats for the floor, and that pretty much solved it. But the landlord would have flipped with the guy complaining and I had the pole there still. I thought it was the handstand pushups (my feet hit the wall at beginning, and also the floor at end of the sets)

He actually was responsible for turning me into a gym rat, I've never preferred the gym to home workouts until the last year. Now I only workout at home when the gym is closed.

If I had my way I'd hang a heavy bag here, it'd be easy as hell with the two giant beams running across the ceiling. But I'd be evicted the next day, they shake the whole house. Had one in the basement of one old house and periodically shit in the kitchen above would crash onto the floor
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Djoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 728 Posts

Been home from the beach for a couple of weeks. Turns out our local school system is going "virtual" for at least the first nine weeks. What a bunch of cowards! Screw the kids and force parents to pay for the closed school, all the teachers who aren't in the class room and what not and then pay for private education again for the kids! Well, if it wasn't for daughter's BFF living just around the corner, we would probably put the house on the market and move to the beach. Not that the schools there are much better, they are just way cheaper. Given that BFF can't move, we hired a tutor to teach daughter for her SAT prep. BFF's mom is a IT professional, so she went in with us to hire tutors to work on her language and math. BF and I are runners, so we have renewed our coaching licenses with USA Track and Field and are coaching Daughter and a couple of other kids cross country this fall. Right now, running about 50 miles a week.

Old goal: I did a five minute mile at age 35. New goal, do it again at age 40! And get daughter under 5 before she turns 17!

Z

Thanks
    Thanked 15,128 Times in 4,606 Posts

I have one of those big exercise balls, dumb bells, a kettlebell, yoga mat, resistance bands, and a mountain bike. I prefer exercising outdoors. I used to go bike riding up until I hit 5 months pregnant and got dirty looks from people. Daily walking has been my jam lately. I can take the kids at anytime and just go, usually no less than 30 minutes since the streets around here are long. I need to get a baby bike seat so that I can get back to bike riding. I wish I could have a pole in my house but I don't know how I'd explain that one to family when they come over to visit or my older kid.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,537 Times in 3,384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvnrockets View Post
    If you want to try bench pressing, start first with dumbbells until you feel comfortable pressing 45 lbs, then switch to the bar. Or just stick with dumbbells; they're great for coordination.
    You shouldn't bench press with a bar unless you have someone to spot you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    You shouldn't bench press with a bar unless you have someone to spot you.
    or for those who donít have a spotter.. if u get stuck and canít lift the bar.. the bar can easily be rolled off u. If u have weight on them.. just donít use the collars so u can tilt the bar if its on u to take the weight off.

I had to do this when I didnít have my trainer with me and these are his tricks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Humblestarxo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

I have basic weights and I love Frisbee. I'm working on buying a "stripper" pole because I used to use one and I love it. Searching for one is what landed me here!

Thanks

After we moved to our new home last year we have built up a fairly well equipped home gym. At our previous place we only had dumbbells, different rubber bands and a pull-up bar etc. Now we have a bench, barbells, lat pull down machine, spinning cycle and treadmill in addition to the old stuff.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jucie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,012 Times in 1,612 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jucie View Post
    After we moved to our new home last year we have built up a fairly well equipped home gym. At our previous place we only had dumbbells, different rubber bands and a pull-up bar etc. Now we have a bench, barbells, lat pull down machine, spinning cycle and treadmill in addition to the old stuff.
    Omg I can't wait to move in a bigger place and have a home gym! Especially for the treadmill, I really need one, there's no place in the apartament right now for such a monster ))
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,828 Times in 10,242 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Duh Re: Home workout equipment - List what you have. List what you want!

Well, currently I have those colored 'rubber band' things, which I never use..

I want to get some type of affordable stepper/eliptical (it also needs to be space-saving).

I noticed a lot of Amazon stuff "can't be shipped to my area"
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anaisnicole View Post
    I have basic weights and I love Frisbee. I'm working on buying a "stripper" pole because I used to use one and I love it. Searching for one is what landed me here!
    The issue I've had w/ stripper poles is getting one that's the right thickness/width. Couple years ago, I bought the X-Pole, the most expensive pole you could get at the time (not sure if it still is) anyway, the fucker was thick like I could barely get my hand around it. I would only recommend it for someone who can already do pole stuff, not a beginner. That's just my opinion, for what's it's worth, but I couldn't even use the thing, had to sell it on Craigslist. Its also easy to get one that's too thin, like some of the cheapo ones. My advice is ask a lot of questions and find out what width the one at your club was that you are used to working on, then see if you can find one that's close to that width.

Can anyone recommend whether booty bands work well or not? Or are they just another thing to buy and use once or twice then sell it at your yard sale? Or are they necessary in your opinion, or did you just go back to just reg booty exercises without using it? Are cheapo booty bands on amazon just as good or should you spend the cash?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen Elixer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post

I want to get some type of affordable stepper/eliptical (it also needs to be space-saving).
    I had it and it sucks. It ended up being a clothes hanger. I'd rather suggest you to do cardio/ hiit, there's plenty on youtube (i also post on the accountability thread, if you need ideas), untill you have enough space for an eliptical.
    Because it's gonna be a time where you won't use it and you'll trip over it and curse the day you bought it ))) If you have a separate gym room, it might be no big deal if you use it not so often ).
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    I had it and it sucks. It ended up being a clothes hanger. I'd rather suggest you to do cardio/ hiit, there's plenty on youtube (i also post on the accountability thread, if you need ideas), untill you have enough space for an eliptical.
    Because it's gonna be a time where you won't use it and you'll trip over it and curse the day you bought it ))) If you have a separate gym room, it might be no big deal if you use it not so often ).
    But if "whirlers" is motivated for using a stepper/elliptical, I definitely think she should get one! Motivation is always the ruling factor when it comes to exercising . Those machines usually works OK and if they end up as cloth hanger, it's usually not their fault. I'm not saying they're the worlds best exercise equipment, but they have a function and are easy to use.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by kimbe View Post
    But if "whirlers" is motivated for using a stepper/elliptical, I definitely think she should get one! Motivation is always the ruling factor when it comes to exercising . Those machines usually works OK and if they end up as cloth hanger, it's usually not their fault. I'm not saying they're the worlds best exercise equipment, but they have a function and are easy to use.
    You're right, I have been using it consistently for about a year, as well, untill I got tired of it. I was mostly reffering at the space, since she said it's not too big and that there are other alternatives to it, if she wants to keep her space free )

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12