Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinkbomb

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 653 Posts

Default Kinkbomb

I did a search for a dedicated thread for Kinkbomb, but there wasn't anything remotely new with any relevant information. I thought I would start one for anyone interested.

Kinkbomb recently rolled out an entire site update, now the site's appearance is completely different. Unfortunately (especially for people without a large following) the site seems to be focusing on all of the top categories rather than the new clips, which I think was the most important part of the website.

Kinkbomb offers 60% of tributes and 60% of content sales
    . Generally other sites offer a slightly higher percentage for tributes, but KB offers the same percentage across the board.

For U.S based studios, you can choose ACH direct deposits or be paid by a check (which costs $2) that is sent to you via mail.
    For non- U.S based studios, you can choose from a wire transfer ($60 fee) or paid by check that is sent to you via mail ( $2 fee).

The process: Soon after opening your studio, you will receive an email to setup your preferred method. The email will come from Bill.com on behalf of KB Media Group, Inc. Please click on the link in the email and set up the free account to start receiving payments.
    I generally get paid on the same day as I do with C4S. As with C4S you only get paid once per month.

They have added a section for custom video orders, much like what IWC has. This is a great addition, but you cannot view any custom video ordering forms unless you have their currency (Kinkbux), this makes it a little complicated to verify that you've set the prices correctly. Their price multiplier is a little confusing. There is a guide for setting up your custom video form.

They now offer a "crowdfunding" goal, much like the "My Fund" on ManyVids. You can set up a goal that can be met during a specific time frame or indefinitely. You can also offer a product as a reward for anyone that contributes your chosen minimum amount. I am assuming that the reward is automatically sent. You can find your crowdfunding widget under your "spoil me" tab in your KB store.

There's no way of deleting any of your products once they have been added, you have to email support with a list of videos for them to remove, though you can hide them or make them private. I do not like this, but it's something they told me they are not interested in changing.

Q: What Are the Content Restrictions on Kinkbomb - updated 9-5-12
    The following terms are not allowed on Kinkbomb.com and must not be in titles, descriptions, and keywords:
    - drug / alcohol use or simulated drug / alcohol use, this includes smoking pot.
    - any content pertaining to incestuous act; terms mother, father, son, daughter
    - use of underage models or alluding to acts with underage models
    - any content pertaining to knocking out including chloroform, blacked out, knocked out
    - use of the term "Adult Baby" or any reference to diaper
    - use of terms abducted, kidnapped or any terms similar
    - use of, or presence of blood (including menses) or urine, vomit, feces, real or similar
    - use of terms abduct, kidnap or force against a personís will
    - use of the term vampire or vampire related terms
    - use of term hypnosis, hypno or "mind control" is not acceptable
    - any beastiality or simulated beastiality references
    - use of the term rape, force, hate or violence
    - use of racial slurs in any descriptions of videos
    - use or reference to sex with underage minors including the terms pedo and pedophile
    - use of the term "biting" or reference to biting
    - references to violence against genitalia, e.g. "chopping off penis"
    - use of guns or knives in videos in a threatening manner, or reference to guns in any descriptions
    - use of or reference to self-mutilation, cannibalism, snuff or fantasy snuff, autopsy, flogging (severe beating), or reference to bodily injury
    *List is subject to change- Updated 9/5/12

They do not remove any of this content (unless it's like beastiality or something like minors or snuff, etc) they allow people to have mom/dad/daughter/son roleplay but the words are censored. For instance, there's a lot of roleplay for mom/son dad/daugher, diaper, hypno, penectomy (castration), etc.

They do have an FTP service, which is very nice to help with mass uploading, they also have the browser uploader if you're not interested in FTP.

Their support has always responded to me very quickly, but others are saying they never get a response. It seems very spotty.
    Their traffic seems pretty low (models bringing their own) and it does not take much to be on their Top Studio list, generally with 200-400 you can be in the top 30-40 and stay there for a while. I tend to make between $200 and $450 monthly with daily updates, so it's not a lot of money, but it's a decent amount for "supplemental income".

This site is generally for femdom content and it does not seem that "vanilla" content sells well there, though if you are able to bring your own fan base in with you it will help. I do not recommend this though as the percentage is lower than say C4S or ManyVids.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Kinkbomb

If you have any questions about the site, let me know and I will see if I can find it in their FAQ or maybe it's something I already know

Thanks

I REALLY don't like that now there's only one category to list videos in. My videos aren't just ONE thing and I doubt many people's videos are. I emailed them with my concerns and feedback, I hope others do too.

Thanks

Hi justsometwat, I'm joining you in this thread so you'll be no longer alone! I'm a KB newbie. Created an account just a couple days ago. Not really sure I'll make money on here since I make not that much on iwantclips and I believe KB have less traffic than IWC. I still got no emails from Kinkbomb since I created my account. I figured out everything by myself and started adding some clips.

What I really don't like:
    - no way to browse clips by category when you are in a studio
    - no "similar clips" option
    - we can only choose one category for our clips
    - no way to resize our main profile picture while we can resize our avatar picture
    - the category section makes no sense. Pictures with nothing written on it. Some pics are easy to understand but you can see 3 pics of asses, representing 3 different categories... how are people supposed to browse the categories? Horny guys have no time/patience to click each one of the pics to eventually find the category they are looking for. It makes no sense at all.
    - I filled out the custom clip section but I can't figure out how to look at my custom clip page from the customer's perspective unless I buy some credit of something

Have a few questions:
    - Does Kinkbomb mind if we have watermarks with another clip store address?
    - We can add links in the clip description but they don't seem to appear online, is that normal? I wanted to add similar clips links.
    - where are we supposed to upload model release forms and model id pics?
    - There is a tool to signup for your Verified Call. Is Verified Call owned by Kinkbomb?
    - In your opinion, is it worth it to upload my fetish clips (examples: vore, giantess, etc) or should I just upload my femdom/foot fetish content?

Thanks !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NervousBeaver For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The definitely need a way for you to browse videos via a category. Their old site had a search function in your studio to separate videos, but honestly I doubt that many people knew that existed. It was sort of a hidden thing. I think there needs to be a drop down box of that studio's available categories!

I like the similar clips idea as long as they aren't listing other studio's videos. I hate that. It's like they are encouraging you to go to a different store!

I emailed them about the one category for new videos (and existing, ugh!). I am not sure that was done on purpose. They asked or a screenshot and I sent it to them then didn't hear back yet. There used to be like 7 choices in total. That was way better.

I hadn't seen the categories section! That's weird, they need names on them. I hope they fix this!

I HATE that you can't see your custom video page. I don't see why I have to buy credits to see my own store, but even then you can't see anyone else's store if you don't have credits. What if you're new to the site and want to check it out first!?

I don't think KB allows other watermarks, but I have seen people use their clips4sale watermark quite a bit and I don't think anyone has noticed or complained.

I don't know, but I think that's a glitch or accident. There's a link thing you can use "insert/edit link". I tried it but it's not working at all. So either they disabled this or it's broken.

For your ID if you go here it should allow you to upload the stuff you need. Their studiozone sections are a little confusing.

I hadn't ever used Verified Call, so I am not actually sure!

For the kind of videos to upload, I say upload all of them and see how it goes. Honestly I don't think I have seen much vore, but the search says there's 18 pages and for giantess there's 61 pages. You might be able to catch some people's eyes by uploading that as it's contrasting from the usual "You're my piggy!" video. May as well try!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,275 Times in 2,331 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I would say that Kinkbomb is perfect if you are into femdom but it does take a while to hit payout. However, other girls might have a different experience with kinkbomb

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the answers!

I started uploading my clips yesterday and sold 2 clips so far (same person). I have clips scheduled until september. Wondering if I should put more clips in my store right away since I am in the new studio section and I have more visibility.

I tested the search function and it seems really crappy. I search for my studio name and nothing comes out. Other keywords related to my content and my clips don't come out. Well, at least not in the first pages. I don't know how they sort out the results (by newest clip, most popular, etc) and there is no way to change the sorting of the results (another option they should add).

What I really love is their tweet option and the way you can program future clips using the calendar.

They have a survey so I'm gonna fill this out and send them my suggestions/complaints: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TXLKZ39

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NervousBeaver For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They brought back the secondary categories, but they are kinda wonky looking.

I didn't get that surveymonkey link but I used that one you linked and left them feedback

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 692 Posts

Kinkbomb sucks if you aren't femdom. TBH I totally gave up on the thing (but really need to try to at least make payout, I have a few $ stuck) because I am fetish but not femdom. I do really well in a few fetishes on C4S (like top 50 studios in the categories, top 50 clips in the categories) but zilch on KB.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bootsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I was strictly vanilla I tried uploading there and ended up closing my account with like $10 in it. That was with regular uploads and $1/minute pricing. It was just not worth my time uploading there.

When I switched to femdom I said screw it, I will try now and see. I average $355/month with my femdom and humiliation videos. I was calling consistently top 50 for the last 6 months until they changed their site, now I'm not close and I am making very close to my average this month.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So far this month I have made $30. I am not sure if it is because I was unable to add additional categories or if the traffic has slowed down since the site change, but that's discouraging.

They did fix the additional categories though. This is good! I am going to go through and add the categories that were missing in hopes that I can get some more traffic.

Thanks

^^Same here. This month is way lower than usual sales, which are typically paltry as it is. I don't think the site revamp is helping them at all.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lacy Luck For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Personally, I think it's really hurting them. There's WAY too much emphasis on individual models rather than the clips. Most subs are all over the place and do not just buy from one domme, so they are making it harder for customers to find new videos in the categories that they like.

The search function completely sucks. They still don't have category titles on the category images in the category tab.

I think they should have left the site the way it was, maybe fixed a few things but I see them trying to follow in IWC footsteps quite a lot, especially with extra percentages and promotions. It's really hurting them!
    Last edited by justsometwat; 07-09-2016 at 05:14 PM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think I'm just going to close my account on there. My fetish stuff doesn't sell, I do hardly any femdom, and vanilla doesn't sell there either. It didn't work for me back when the site was better, and now that they have changed the way things are displayed, I'm out.

Thanks

I can't blame you. I am not making anything at all. It's honestly not worth my time right now.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justsometwat View Post
    I can't blame you. I am not making anything at all. It's honestly not worth my time right now.
    I genuinely don't understand why sites are going towards the model of only displaying top content instead of displaying new content. I mean, sure, KB is not the right site for me because of my style, but since IWC changed over I haven't sold a damn thing, and MV with the constant contests is killing everyone. It seems like C4S is the leader, and they endlessly promote new content, so I don't understand this desire to promote ONLY top studios and not NEW SHIT. It makes the site feel stale and like a popularity contest, which is just lame and gross. And if you bitch about it, people just say "oh well just because you aren't hot enough or good enough for the top, shut up". Sorry for wanting some exposure for the work I do, omfg. End Rant.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bootsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 717 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

What's the Kinkbomb "affiliate orders" in the studiozone income section now?? It wasn't there before the update and I haven't seen anyone else mention it; are we earning through an affiliate program now?

Thanks

I completely and absolutely agree with you, Bootsie. There's a reason why I make more money on c4s and it's not because I'm popular. They have it down pat!

MissEgo:
    Q: Does Kinkbomb.com have and affiliate referral program?

A: We are in the process of setting up an extensive affiliate referral program. If you have any questions at this time or would like to establish a referral relationship now, please contact us at [email protected].
    That was update on June 2015 though. I think they are adding stuff without telling us yet. It's there but not active yet, maybe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissEgo View Post
    What's the Kinkbomb "affiliate orders" in the studiozone income section now?? It wasn't there before the update and I haven't seen anyone else mention it; are we earning through an affiliate program now?
    Ooooh...I would love if I could promote other people's clips through affiliate links! That I would be toootally down for!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Oh thank god, a kinkbomb thread! I have been searching for an up to date thread for forever and had to wade through a bunch of crap threads to get here. That being said, it looks like not a lot has changed. Kinkbomb sucked in 2011 and Kinkbomb sucks in 2016. I was thinking about joining this site but now think I will steer clear. Thank you ladies!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to dahlia_love For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Kinkbomb is great if you're a top domme with a huge fan base. If you're like most models then you're not going to do well, I am in the lower tier of that group and I certainly am not doing well. I think you'd be better off selling on IWC or C4S if you're a femdomme because of the higher percentage in both tributes and content sales. I've still only made $35 this month even with offering incentives and coupons (which no one ever uses - that's so fucking weird!).

I am going to keep doing what I normally do and see if anything changes. It had been a really great start of the month and now sales are down everywhere, maybe it's a fluke, maybe it was the new site update. I don't know, but I will keep on trucking through next month to see where this takes me. I've already cut out so many dead sites from my rotation, if this keeps up then I may as well quit.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They finally took our advice and put the new clips at the top with more rows of new clips!
    Categories have now been fixed, they have titles! No more guessing games!

I have also earned more money this month, so far I am at $150 which still isn't great for amount of effort that I put in, but is a LOT better than $55! I've sold just under 20 clips this month, mostly to one person and it's still below my monthly average for earnings, but I am hoping their new site changes will help. I do wish they would tell us when they update the site though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

Hello, girls))
    I've started my store on KB 3 month ago, because c4s don't allow to open studio to Russians. All this time I has a good sales, now I have increase my commision to 65% and closely to reach 2500$ earned and increase it to 70%. Also, I get in top25 list this mounth, but last week my sales going to around zero, f.e. today I've not make NO ONE sale at all
    So, I want to ask other people who works on KB, are your sales going down last week like my, or just my customers get out of money?
    Sorry for my English

Thanks

Made $47.32 so far this month on KB and $60.50 since I created my profile. Not good, but still better than ManyVids where I made $8.39 this month.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

Quote Originally Posted by NervousBeaver View Post
    Made $47.32 so far this month on KB and $60.50 since I created my profile. Not good, but still better than ManyVids where I made $8.39 this month.
    Hmm...I made 930$ this mounth...but today zero sales
    Last edited by Ruedel; 01-10-2017 at 12:01 PM.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruedel For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast