Page 298 of 306 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 7645

Thread: The Official 'What's On Your Mind?' Thread!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,909 Times in 6,424 Posts

Default Re: The Official 'What's On Your Mind?' Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Starr View Post
    Old is Gold!

She'll be 63 this August! She looks half her age, LOVE her!
    Attachment 55729

She looks amazing! I just looked it up, and her birthday is the day after mine. I share my birthday with Anthony Anderson.
    39 and feelin' fine!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 Times in 1,855 Posts

I have to say, I think it's great that Madonna looks half her age. Rock on Madonna! I have always loved her too.

For me personally, I'm not trying to look younger. I have been letting my hair go silver and owning my wrinkles and I'm loving it.

To each our own.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,741 Times in 6,810 Posts

You and Madonna look great for any age!

It's obvious that Madonna took great care of herself, she had work done but there's no shame in that.

Whether you want to age naturally or get surgery, both should be normalize.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Carmen~ View Post
    I have to say, I think it's great that Madonna looks half her age. Rock on Madonna! I have always loved her too.

For me personally, I'm not trying to look younger. I have been letting my hair go silver and owning my wrinkles and I'm loving it.

To each our own.
    Senior Sales Executive for BlueChew

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's obvious that Madonna took great care of herself, she had work done but there's no shame in that.

Amen to that sis!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you! And Amen to that! No judgment for surgery. Whatever makes everyone happy, it's all good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I LOVE it! You can't make homophobic remarks like it was in the old days and get away with it. How the fuck do you go from being oppressed, discriminated (and still is) to being an oppressor?!

Screenshot 2021-08-03 5.29.32 PM.png

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think I'm going to give up my tip vibe. It seems to have lost it's luster lately. I have only been getting 1 gold tips for it. I might use it by request for regs but not leave it on all the time.

Update: Now everyone is asking for it. LOL
    Last edited by ~Carmen~; 08-04-2021 at 08:29 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's great to see you back Sha! Did you get all moved in?

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 907 Posts

Its so hard having a landlord who is a narcissist. Finally break free of my ex four years ago and then poof, new narcissist in my life. She is also the type of person you would see on that show "cheapsake". She is awful and a hoarder and so freaking cheap. I got 90% of her hoard out of here, she is coming back soon for the rest. The roofers are finally getting the roof done this weekend but it took months cause she had to find the cheapest dude possible, meanwhile we have ceiling water damage now that will probably take her a million years to fix and at that she will just smack sealer on it and call it good. I want to buy this house just so I can be free of her for real. The roof was like the one thing I wanted her to fix, after that i dont even care. Go away. I can do the rest my way and in my style. Just to be free of her. I moved in for severly reduced rent due to the condition of this house but I needed a yard for my dogs and I wanted my chickens out of foster. I love my neighbors and this neighborhood. So I'm hoping in a year or so I can save up a down payment for a first time home buyers loan and buy this place. If anything, if it becomes to much work, I can sell it but at least I'll be stable with no more threats from her of selling it or dealing with her cheapness in rehabbing what could be a beautiful home.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to izshadow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^That sounds like a royal pain in the ass. I hope things work out for you and soon.

My head has been spinning all day. I made the mistake of talking to my neighbor about his loud TV and music. He told the landlord and once again, I got chewed out for complaining. I'm sure others are complaining too, especially after today's loud music. You could hear it throughout the building.

Not only that, but I was told they are resurfacing and painting upstairs (I guess the perfect angels upstairs were not so perfect), from Wednesday through Friday. There will be strong toxic fumes. Therefore, I can risk my and my cat's health by staying here, or get out for 4 days. I choose getting out. I just checked into another apartment in a different area. I used to live there in the 80's and I don't remember much noise. I think the buildings from back in the 60's were better insulated for sound. I was told that they will let me out of my lease.

It's going to be expensive the hotel and moving, which neither are my fault. I'm just too miserable here.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,731 Times in 6,345 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

I was told that they will let me out of my lease.

It's going to be expensive the hotel and moving, which neither are my fault. I'm just too miserable here.
    I have never understood how some rental properties are willing to say goodbye to well behaved paying tenants? It's great that they're willing to let you out of your lease but why continue to rent to people who're driving the good folks away?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This could be a blessing in a disguise, sis!

You deserve so much better. Moving is never easy, even harder when you're being pushed out. Thank God you are financially able to do so. Praying you'll find peace and quiet at this new place!

^^That sounds like a royal pain in the ass. I hope things work out for you and soon.

My head has been spinning all day. I made the mistake of talking to my neighbor about his loud TV and music. He told the landlord and once again, I got chewed out for complaining. I'm sure others are complaining too, especially after today's loud music. You could hear it throughout the building.

Not only that, but I was told they are resurfacing and painting upstairs (I guess the perfect angels upstairs were not so perfect), from Wednesday through Friday. There will be strong toxic fumes. Therefore, I can risk my and my cat's health by staying here, or get out for 4 days. I choose getting out. I just checked into another apartment in a different area. I used to live there in the 80's and I don't remember much noise. I think the buildings from back in the 60's were better insulated for sound. I was told that they will let me out of my lease.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    I have never understood how some rental properties are willing to say goodbye to well behaved paying tenants? It's great that they're willing to let you out of your lease but why continue to rent to people who're driving the good folks away?
    I will never understand either. He's going to drive the other decent people out too. He was literally hollering and screaming with his loud music last night.

Thanks

This could be a blessing in a disguise, sis!

You deserve so much better. Moving is never easy, even harder when you're being pushed out. Thank God you are financially able to do so. Praying you'll find peace and quiet at this new place!
    I just might be a blessing sis! I'm not in the best place financially, especially having to leave for 4 days next week and I just moved in December. But if it's a choice between your health and money, you have to choose your health.

The place I'm looking into doesn't have a vacancy right now but she said to check back after the first. I'm still looking at others.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to hoe in the hotel. I'm going to try. It will be a nice break from here anyway.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You could or you could do Airbnb! Some will give huge discount if you stay a while that may be equal what you're paying on rent now. You could rent the whole place all to yourself.

Anything that costs your peace and well being is not worth it!

I just might be a blessing sis! I'm not in the best place financially, especially having to leave for 4 days next week and I just moved in December. But if it's a choice between your health and money, you have to choose your health.

The place I'm looking into doesn't have a vacancy right now but she said to check back after the first. I'm still looking at others.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to hoe in the hotel. I'm going to try. It will be a nice break from here anyway.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You could or you could do Airbnb! Some will give huge discount if you stay a while that may be equal what you're paying on rent now. You could rent the whole place all to yourself.

Anything that costs your peace and well being is not worth it!
    That's an excellent idea. My daughter suggested the same thing but we couldn't find anything around here for a reasonable price. All the cheaper ones were close to downtown.

"Anything that costs your peace and well being is not worth it!"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 704 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

China is banning ESL tutoring services--all the major sites like VIPKID will be dropping their teachers. Wonder how that's all gonna play out as many are employed through those companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

Thanks

Oh okay. When I read you just checked into another apartment I thought you had found a place to move and getting out of your lease.

Was this the asshole neighbor that you have to bang on the walls when he's playing loud music or the one that you said hi to a few days ago and just stared at you?

That's an excellent idea. My daughter suggested the same thing but we couldn't find anything around here for a reasonable price. All the cheaper ones were close to downtown.

"Anything that costs your peace and well being is not worth it!"

Thanks

Oh okay. When I read you just checked into another apartment I thought you had found a place to move and getting out of your lease.

Was this the asshole neighbor that you have to bang on the walls when he's playing loud music or the one that you said hi to a few days ago and just stared at you?
    Landlord told me a few months ago that she would let me out of my lease. That was when the loud people upstairs lived here. He's the one who just stared at me.

This is another neighbor who's bedroom adjoins mine. I did bang on the wall a few times. He's blasting right now. I can no longer use my bedroom. I'm going to have to work and sleep on an air bed in the living room until I move.

The apartments I checked into didn't have any vacancies but she told me to call back at the first of the month. I have a lot of people trying to help me find a house or duplex for rent.

I'm really glad I booked the hotel for 4 nights next week because I need a reprieve.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hate assholes!

Check their long stays rates! Good thing is you know you can walk away from your lease. Now you can freely look for a new place.

Landlord told me a few months ago that she would let me out of my lease. That was when the loud people upstairs lived here. He's the one who just stared at me.

This is another neighbor who's bedroom adjoins mine. I did bang on the wall a few times. He's blasting right now. I can no longer use my bedroom. I'm going to have to work and sleep on an air bed in the living room until I move.

The apartments I checked into didn't have any vacancies but she told me to call back at the first of the month. I have a lot of people trying to help me find a house or duplex for rent.

I'm really glad I booked the hotel for 4 nights next week because I need a reprieve.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm so tired. Feels like taking a few days off to unwind.

giphy.gif

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,606 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Oh those companies can just located to Korea, Russia, or Japan. Vipkid is great to get your feet wet in the ESL teaching world but they had many issues when it came to favouritism and many of their top teachers left to go to Outschool and Zebra English. I hope those teachers effect by this go to Outschool.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenAus View Post
    China is banning ESL tutoring services--all the major sites like VIPKID will be dropping their teachers. Wonder how that's all gonna play out as many are employed through those companies.
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

HOLY SHIT...that sucks, and I hope this doesn't affect Cambly!
    39 and feelin' fine!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 704 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    HOLY SHIT...that sucks, and I hope this doesn't affect Cambly!
    Actually I'm pretty sure Cambly will be okay because they have students from around the world and not just China from what I know
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to LaurenAus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Actually I'm pretty sure Cambly will be okay because they have students from around the world and not just China from what I know

Okay. Yeah, I've had Cambly chat sessions with people in other areas besides China. Just making sure Cambly won't be affected too, since there are a lot of Chinese students on there.

That really is a shame though.
    39 and feelin' fine!