Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snapchat set up for public & premium 101

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Re: Snapchat set up for public & premium 101

I am thinking of setting up a premium snapchat with a monthly membership. But I am worried that someone will report my content to snapchat once he's not a paying member anymore. How do you avoid this? I don't want to have to start a new account all the time.
    One way could be of course to offer premium snapchat for life but I think it is more profitable to have a monthly membership.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,745 Times in 1,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    3. Under settings scroll down to "View My Story" Switch the view from Everyone to Custom. (If you have a lot of people to block, put a 1. at the beginning of their name. This will put them all in a group that you can scroll and block without having to search through your entire friends list each time you go custom.)
    If I open up my Snapchat to the public, I assume I will eventually have to "block" 1k+ people each time I want to release a premium snap. Doesn't that get annoying having to check off 1k names? Seems like a lot. Wondering if I'm missing something.

"the red of the red rose is itís own and something no man can divide" -Tori Amos

Thanks

I've been playing around with the features. I only added as Friends the people who paid. I tried to send a snap to only my friends so I set my Story to Custom, but only my friends appear on the list of people who I can block. So if I only befriend the people who pay, then I shouldn't have to block anyone when I snap my premium snaps. I would just have to change it to Friends Only, snap, then change it back to Everyone. Correct? So when would I use the Custom list?

"the red of the red rose is itís own and something no man can divide" -Tori Amos

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

I select who I send my premium snaps to from the friends list who are strictly Premiums.

Maybe that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    What would you choose a cheap whore or an expensive whore

Dirty is my Middle Name

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kinkydirtybitch View Post
    I select who I send my premium snaps to from the friends list who are strictly Premiums.

Maybe that helps?
    But in order to do that, you'd be sending a message not posting on your Story, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,115 Times in 737 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

You use custom regardless because if you use the other private setting, then once you switch it back to the "public" setting, all of the snaps become public. On custom- everything stays private to your friends list no matter what setting you are on. If there isn't anyone that you need to block, then you simply select "custom" and don't select anybody.. but leave it on that setting while you post.

You only will need to block 1,000+ people if you have added 1000+ people on your friends list that you don't want to have access to your premium. For example, I have a lot of models on mine. I block most of them from having access.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyAdams For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok, I think i get it. I'll do some more experimenting today. Thank you for explaining. Snapchat makes me feel old.
    Last edited by Cam_Model_Jess; 01-09-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,975 Times in 2,547 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I find it easier to have two snapchats - one is public where everyone can view my story (general stuff and tease) and no one is added, and the other is set to only friends can view my public story. That one is private and they have to purchase premium in order to get it x
    Websites & payment for camgirls

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by Cam_Model_Jess View Post
    But in order to do that, you'd be sending a message not posting on your Story, right?
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    What would you choose a cheap whore or an expensive whore

Dirty is my Middle Name

Curious Guest
    Thanks

So I'm just trying to clarify a couple of things.

One, so you don't add them back on the basic one, and you DO add them on your paid one. Right?

Also, let's say I post something to my basic, then I go to the settings, change my custom viewers, and post something "premium." Will my basic guys still be able to see the snap I posted before I changed my settings? Or will that go away after I change it? And similar to that, if I post something premium under the custom settings, then go and change the settings after that and post something to basic, will the basic guys be able to see my premium snap now?

Last, if one of my premium account perks is the guys get to text me, how many texts per day does that entail exactly? I feel like there will sometimes be guys who try to text me all day every day... do I eventually just ignore them? How long do you keep conversing with them before you stop replying?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by arielautumn View Post
    So I'm just trying to clarify a couple of things.

One, so you don't add them back on the basic one, and you DO add them on your paid one. Right?

Also, let's say I post something to my basic, then I go to the settings, change my custom viewers, and post something "premium." Will my basic guys still be able to see the snap I posted before I changed my settings? Or will that go away after I change it? And similar to that, if I post something premium under the custom settings, then go and change the settings after that and post something to basic, will the basic guys be able to see my premium snap now?

Last, if one of my premium account perks is the guys get to text me, how many texts per day does that entail exactly? I feel like there will sometimes be guys who try to text me all day every day... do I eventually just ignore them? How long do you keep conversing with them before you stop replying?
    I only add people who have purchased premiums or models that I want to have added. People don't get added to mine just because they added me.

The whole reason for using custom over the "friends only" setting is because custom is the only setting that will allow whatever you posted during the time you were under "custom" to remain private to the list of your choosing. Your snap story will have everything. It will have everything you posted on your public that everyone can see, and it will also have snaps that are posted that only the custom list can see. Everything will stay posted for 24 hours, if it's posted under custom then it will ONLY be viewable by the custom list. If it's posted while under public, then it will be viewable by everyone. DO NOT USE THE FRIENDS ONLY OPTION AS THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE.

How much you respond is really up to you. Whatever is comfortable, you don't even have to include it in yours if you don't want. I respond to people whenever I open up my snapchat. They understand that I don't stay on to converse with them, but will respond whenever I have time. That being said, I have well over 600 people on my premium and only a handful ever try to talk. I would say 20-30 at most.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I only add people who have purchased premiums or models that I want to have added. People don't get added to mine just because they added me.

The whole reason for using custom over the "friends only" setting is because custom is the only setting that will allow whatever you posted during the time you were under "custom" to remain private to the list of your choosing. Your snap story will have everything. It will have everything you posted on your public that everyone can see, and it will also have snaps that are posted that only the custom list can see. Everything will stay posted for 24 hours, if it's posted under custom then it will ONLY be viewable by the custom list. If it's posted while under public, then it will be viewable by everyone. DO NOT USE THE FRIENDS ONLY OPTION AS THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE.

How much you respond is really up to you. Whatever is comfortable, you don't even have to include it in yours if you don't want. I respond to people whenever I open up my snapchat. They understand that I don't stay on to converse with them, but will respond whenever I have time. That being said, I have well over 600 people on my premium and only a handful ever try to talk. I would say 20-30 at most.
    Thanks so so much Ivy! You've been extremely helpful.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to arielautumn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveViviAmante For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This post is awesome, thank you so much Ivy, you are a genius!!

I've just started my snapchat, and I made a mistake you warn us about it, I add all the guys who added me, now I want to delete them but I see I have to click one go to settings and delete him one by one, it's a lot of time to do it! Is there a way to delete them all at once?

Thank you Ivy, I admire you so much!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to claudiasmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 688 Posts

How do girls post stuff from their camera roll? Lots do it for videos and pictures like snapcodes...when I try it only lets me send it to specific people in chat, not on my story. Googling the answer tells me I need to use a different app to do it on Android...is this true?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Ive been looking into this too and they recommend not using a separate app as it throws up an error on Snapchat servers which can cause your account to be taken down.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by barbieluv View Post
    @IvyAdams do you still use this method? or do you have 1 for public and 1 separate one for premium?
    I still use it!

No, you don't need a separate app. Just click on "memories" (the little circle at the bottom center when you're about to take a snap) - and then switch from memories to camera roll. ��

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvyAdams For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 688 Posts

I still use it!

No, you don't need a separate app. Just click on "memories" (the little circle at the bottom center when you're about to take a snap) - and then switch from memories to camera roll. ��
    Amazing! Turns out my phone is too old for Memories to work, but I'm getting a new phone Monday anyway, so I'm pretty stoked about that. Thanks Ivy!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,710 Times in 3,321 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Snapchat Discover makes moves to eliminate fake and explicit content https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/t...ages.html?_r=0 Do any of you use the Discover feature to advertise?

From the article

It soon created a new tool, which Snapchat said it had been discussing for a while, that let publishers prevent Snapchat users who were under age 18 from seeing certain content.

When people sign up for Snapchat, they must enter their age and a phone number that is confirmed by the service. Snapchat also reserves the right to gate content for youngsters, even if a publisher has chosen not to do so.

In updating its publisher guidelines, Snapchat aimed to clarify vague language and provide more examples around its restrictions on the use of nudity, profanity and violent images.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I read that, too! I think that they are only doing it for publishers right now, not for the every user- but hopefully the are testing it with them to possibly roll out in the future? Would be a nice additional feature to have.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyAdams For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member SpaceyLaceyButterfacey's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

I was on periscope today and from that someone added me to snapchat. it says he added me by phone # (the only person to have that by their name). :/ I messaged him and asked him where he saw my number and he replied that he did not add me by number but by username from periscope. I was freaking out for a minute... I did trust his answer but I have all location turned off for everything and I have my settings turned off for being able to be added by phone number so not sure how that would happen anyways.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm still kind of freaking out inside so Im hoping its nothing :/

Edit: update- I created a side account on snapchat on a whole separate phone and added my cam username. when I added my added myself *by username*( it also said *by username* when I added myself). I got on my normal phone to check my cam snapchat and it had my side account added *by phone #*. really weird. for some reason it just says that next to some.
    Last edited by SpaceyLaceyButterfacey; 01-28-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: update

30. The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceyLaceyButterfacey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceyLaceyButterfacey View Post
    I was on periscope today and from that someone added me to snapchat. it says he added me by phone # (the only person to have that by their name). :/ I messaged him and asked him where he saw my number and he replied that he did not add me by number but by username from periscope. I was freaking out for a minute... I did trust his answer but I have all location turned off for everything and I have my settings turned off for being able to be added by phone number so not sure how that would happen anyways.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm still kind of freaking out inside so Im hoping its nothing :/

Edit: update- I created a side account on snapchat on a whole separate phone and added my cam username. when I added my added myself *by username*( it also said *by username* when I added myself). I got on my normal phone to check my cam snapchat and it had my side account added *by phone #*. really weird. for some reason it just says that next to some.
    This has been happening to a lot of accounts, including mine and other accounts with no phone number attached. Don't quote me, but I'm guessing it's a glitch with their latest update. Your edit about you checking your cam account makes me really think it is.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvyAdams For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you Spacey for checking that out. I have blocked about 40 people in the last 2 days who added me by phone #, but I couldn't figure out how they were finding my phone #. Ugh. So annoying. It's only been happening the last few days though, as far as I've noticed.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam_Model_Jess For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member SpaceyLaceyButterfacey's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

I've noticed past day and a half I have had no "phone #" adds

Thanks

I'm curious what you all are using for price points for snapchat. I just started using it to see if I like it, so I offered a one month trial. I set it at $20 and sold 8. I have a particular niche so I want to avoid just being public and dealing with that hassle. How much are you making total off of snapchat?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast