Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4038

Thread: Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Default Re: Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    [snip] But, right now it looks like the top bid is $13. I would not want to be charged $13 every time a verified phrend stars me and creeps on my profile the next day, or clicks my profile if they're not going to start a conversation. Yes, you can set your budget, but in any case that's money lost if you're being charged for views rather than engagement.
    It might not be worth bidding for the very top spot. I'll bet there's a spot within the top 20-40 that's just a fraction of that cost to you that will work almost as well. Try one of those out first!
    Earn while having fun flirting on your phone at Phrendly.com. Sign-up here.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I get the gist of this but what I can't grasp is a couple of things. How do you figure out what to bid? Also, how is it determined how much you will actually pay for a click? I've read the information a dozen times and still don't understand.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 570 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I have another question. You only get charged if someone clicks on your profile through the homepage and then messages you through that link, right? If you star them through the starring feature and then they message you, it wouldn't count?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member Burt Macklin, FBI's Avatar
    Thanks

Edit: And wouldn't it be tax deductible?
    Since it comes directly out of our earnings, I am hoping that we only have to pay taxes on the amount we get through direct deposit/checks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Burt Macklin, FBI For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Colby A is underage watch out. I reported him.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burt Macklin, FBI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Ok, I guess we'll see what happens and I'll update with my thoughts once I've seen results. Overall I think this is a great opportunity and I'm very excited for it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by jamma View Post
    It might not be worth bidding for the very top spot. I'll bet there's a spot within the top 20-40 that's just a fraction of that cost to you that will work almost as well. Try one of those out first!
    That's very true. My eyes naturally gravitate towards the middle of the page, so if others tend to do the same the top spot isn't necessarily the best.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Macklin, FBI View Post
    Has anyone noticed a lag with the statistics? I've had a few guys recently who I am 99% sure were q-clicks, yet my stats haven't updated.
    I'm wondering about this too. Got charged for a click and had a message from someone who looks like they would be a "qualified" member a few minutes later. Can't be sure though, because it doesn't say that I've generated any revenue off of him.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Every time I get charged for a click and I don't get a message, I honestly hate men even more than I did before didn't think that was possible.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,919 Times in 2,618 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

The problem is half these guys dont understand that they have to pay for pics and video. The same company that owns NiteFlirt owns Phrendy so Im not surprised to see bidding on Phrendly but they dont have the traffic that NF has. Im not sure if bidding is worth it here yet

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JaneBurgess For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm wondering about this too. Got charged for a click and had a message from someone who looks like they would be a "qualified" member a few minutes later. Can't be sure though, because it doesn't say that I've generated any revenue off of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneBurgess View Post
    The problem is half these guys dont understand that they have to pay for pics and video. The same company that owns NiteFlirt owns Phrendy so Im not surprised to see bidding on Phrendly but they dont have the traffic that NF has. Im not sure if bidding is worth it here yet
    I might sound full of myself here but, I feel like I'm doing much better than Score Breakdown seems to think. So far, I've had several drinks purchased by people who are new to me but aren't new on the site so I'm thinking, how did they message me without a q-click? Magic? I mean I appreciate that but... I don't really think that's how it happened haha. There are probably a few bugs to work out, as with all newly implemented systems.

Concerning traffic, I have to agree. Phrendly is very new still, and even though I'm paying for the rank I used to have, I'm not seeing an increase in traffic, yet. But, it's only been a day.

Thanks

I'd like to see them implement a higher base charge for pics vs text messages. That way, it's a site wide standard, and we can ask for gifts on top of that.
    When Love cast me out, it was Cruelty who took pity upon me. -Kushiel's Dart, Jacqueline Carey

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Discodolli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I might sound full of myself here but, I feel like I'm doing much better than Score Breakdown seems to think. So far, I've had several drinks purchased by people who are new to me but aren't new on the site so I'm thinking, how did they message me without a q-click? Magic? I mean I appreciate that but... I don't really think that's how it happened haha. There are probably a few bugs to work out, as with all newly implemented systems.

Concerning traffic, I have to agree. Phrendly is very new still, and even though I'm paying for the rank I used to have, I'm not seeing an increase in traffic, yet. But, it's only been a day.
    Maybe via starring or the search feature, but I don't think all q-clicks are showing up. Because I'll notice a charge and then a few minutes later a new-to-me-not-new-to-Phrendly guy will message me, but my revenue doesn't update. Also, around 7PM they started tracking tonight's data as tomorrow, June 14's, data. I'm having a good day on Phrendly but that's mostly due to my regulars. I haven't noticed a dramatic change. I'm going to try out the promo system for a month. Tonight will be interesting when all the 3AM creepers come out of the woodworks. I tend to get the most new guys in the middle of the night.

Thanks

I'm doing a trial period on it as well. I can see where it has its perks for sure, but most of my traffic today and yesterday has not been from the q-clicks.

Side note, is anyone experiencing issues with vid chat? I had someone try to connect no less than 10 or 12 times tonight because our chat kept disconnecting anywhere between 1-7 mins in. This hasnt happened to me before so I don't think its on my end. I managed to accumulate sips in this manner but definitely lost out on what could have been over an hour of cam rate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

This guy spent over $100 on me throughout the day and randomly blocked me. Wtf? I am so confused ...weirdo. Guess blocking is the only way he can resist me

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

No issues with video chat over here.

Is there anyone who can say that they actually did *better* today because of q clicks? It has only been a day, so hopefully the long term results will be better. I am not on NF so I can't compare.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Since it comes directly out of our earnings, I am hoping that we only have to pay taxes on the amount we get through direct deposit/checks.
    You always only pay taxes on the money you RECEIVE. I worked in accounting and did my own books for my business too for a few years.

You can choose to show the money deducted and claim the rest but I am just going to claim the rest. WHy bother with the extra work. Just keep a copy of it in case they ever audit and want to see it.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to katydiamond123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katydiamond123 View Post
    You always only pay taxes on the money you RECEIVE. I worked in accounting and did my own books for my business too for a few years.

You can choose to show the money deducted and claim the rest but I am just going to claim the rest. WHy bother with the extra work. Just keep a copy of it in case they ever audit and want to see it.
    Sounds good to me! Just wasn't sure if I was required to log it all because I earned it technically. I guess if that were the case, then we'd have to put down Phrendly's cut of our chats/calls/gifts, too.

Thanks

The bidding level for page 1 is crazy? There are really that many who are happy to pay $25-$75/click? The top spot bid was $183.06?? What's that person's max for the day, is it really worth paying that much if you don't get at least 5 qualified clicks or rather stay in that spot long enough for free-sippers to contact you? Is their budget $1000/day? They're earning THAT much that they can blow nearly 200 bucks per-not-guaranteed-conversation-click? Really? Even at the best of times of guys with free sips all inundating you while you've got the exposure I just don't see how this makes sense.

Ok so I refreshed the page and I guess they couldn't sustain that for long, but even with bids being in the $20-$50/click region... and I see quite a few same people on page 1, so they're not switching off their campaigns... even if you earn 10K+/month by staying on page 1, I can't wrap my head around that there'd be people who'd give up idk...6K/month for that privilege? (assuming their campaign budget is $200/day for a month).

I'm wondering if the bids we see in the bid list on "my campaign" page are the actual bids placed by those users listed? Or is the value listed based on their activity rank score and a bid value determined for them for the purposes of someone else wanting to knock them off their spot without the person whose listed value we see is even necessarily participating in bidding?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneyeyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The "Score Breakdown" is surely broken. I'm listed in the 98th percentile earners. While I still have the odd decent day even since I was oddly knocked to the back pages during my highest times half a year ago, I have friends on Phrendly earning more than I ever was, who still are, consistently have been, and they've told me their earning percentile is below mine, by some distance.

Yeah... I'd take "score breakdown" with a huge pinch of salt.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by moneyeyes View Post
    The bidding level for page 1 is crazy? There are really that many who are happy to pay $25-$75/click? The top spot bid was $183.06?? What's that person's max for the day, is it really worth paying that much if you don't get at least 5 qualified clicks or rather stay in that spot long enough for free-sippers to contact you? Is their budget $1000/day? They're earning THAT much that they can blow nearly 200 bucks per-not-guaranteed-conversation-click? Really? Even at the best of times of guys with free sips all inundating you while you've got the exposure I just don't see how this makes sense.

Ok so I refreshed the page and I guess they couldn't sustain that for long, but even with bids being in the $20-$50/click region... and I see quite a few same people on page 1, so they're not switching off their campaigns... even if you earn 10K+/month by staying on page 1, I can't wrap my head around that there'd be people who'd give up idk...6K/month for that privilege? (assuming their campaign budget is $200/day for a month).

I'm wondering if the bids we see in the bid list on "my campaign" page are the actual bids placed by those users listed? Or is the value listed based on their activity rank score and a bid value determined for them for the purposes of someone else wanting to knock them off their spot without the person whose listed value we see is even necessarily participating in bidding?
    I agree with you 100%. I took my campaign down for now because I'm not seeing the turnover that would make it "worth it" to me. I earned over $300 yesterday from regs. I earned very little in "first page" revenue in comparison, and the sanity I costed myself in frustration watching myself get charged for nothing wasn't worth the abysmal amount I did make. There is a chance I will try it again, but with my regulars I don't feel it's needed. Besides, I can't see how the first page really means anything in terms of customers.

From what I've gathered, most guys download the mobile app which doesn't show the first page and they use the starring feature or the search feature to find girls. The only way it would be advantageous is if someone is using Phrendly from their computer and they happen to see your picture under the magnifying glass icon and decidedly message you, or if they're checking out the website on their computer and browse through the pages, but what's more likely ...finding a big spender through an uncommon search method or racking up unnecessary charges?

The highest amount I saw bidding for the top spot was $14 and I think THAT is crazy. I can't even imagine paying $183 per click. No way in hell is ANYONE on Phrendly earning enough on the daily to justify that amount. And if they really have that sort of advertising budget, they would be a fool to use it on Phrendly when they could be using more mainstream platforms to promote themselves and yielding far better results.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by moneyeyes View Post
    The bid amount you see is not what other people are bidding, it's the amount you need to bid to occupy that slot, based on your profile score. If your profile sees a lot of action when it is displayed (is clicked, results in chats/calls/video sessions/gifts) and you are responsive, your profile score will be high, meaning you'll bid less than those who have a lower profile score.

As for other questions about *earnings percentile*, this is based on how much you earn *in regards to how often your profile is viewed.* It's natural in the early going that some profiles that have good metrics but haven't seen a lot of exposure in the past have high earnings percentiles. As these rarely seen profiles see more exposure, if they can't sustain their level of performance per impression, they'll come back down to earth.

My sincere advice is to let things play out over the next week or two and not worry about the top few spots. Bid for something less aggressive. Your activity might not change that much, but the cost savings might be significant. I'm confident we've built something that will work well for those who are committed to their business on Phrendly and who bid rationally.
    Earn while having fun flirting on your phone at Phrendly.com. Sign-up here.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree with you 100%. I took my campaign down for now because I'm not see the turnover that would make it "worth it" to me. I earned over $300 yesterday from regs. I earned very little in "first page" revenue in comparison, and the sanity I costed myself in frustration watching myself get charged for nothing wasn't worth the abysmal amount I did make. There is a chance I will try it again, but with my regulars I don't feel it's needed. Besides, I can't see how the first page really means anything in terms of customers.

From what I've gathered, most guys download the mobile app which doesn't show the first page and they use the starring feature or the search feature to find girls. The only way it would be advantageous is if someone is using Phrendly from their computer and they happen to see your picture under the magnifying glass icon and decidedly message you, or if they're checking out the website on their computer and browse through the pages, but what's more likely ...finding a big spender through an uncommon search method or racking up unnecessary charges?
    I have been running small-change campaigns and found that I got plenty more stars than I otherwise do so I guess you appear higher on the app starring order too, so it's beneficial in that sense not just with guys using the website. I stopped my campaign for sleep as I don't want to pay for the privilege of waking up to long-gone stars and chargeable clicks. Today I don't know what's going on but the bid level is outrageous and since I had the experience of being on page 1 for months on end previously I know you need to remain on there for more than a snapshot in time to benefit from it. I don't see how anyone who isn't already ranked in a high position can afford to bid themselves to a high spot and earn enough to justify it. Page one is beneficial when you're there Consistently getting lots of newbies through the day and build up regulars over time.

Side-note, I'm annoyed that if you change your bid level, it resets the "money left to spend" in your budget so if you only wanted to carry on spending what you had left from the budget you originally set you need to change the budget to the amount you had left and then adjust again the next day if you wanted the original budget to be the daily...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamma View Post
    The bid amount you see is not what other people are bidding, it's the amount you need to bid to occupy that slot, based on your profile score. If your profile sees a lot of action when it is displayed (is clicked, results in chats/calls/video sessions/gifts) and you are responsive, your profile score will be high, meaning you'll bid less than those who have a lower profile score.

As for other questions about *earnings percentile*, this is based on how much you earn *in regards to how often your profile is viewed.* It's natural in the early going that some profiles that have good metrics but haven't seen a lot of exposure in the past have high earnings percentiles. As these rarely seen profiles see more exposure, if they can't sustain their level of performance per impression, they'll come back down to earth.

My sincere advice is to let things play out over the next week or two and not worry about the top few spots. Bid for something less aggressive. Your activity might not change that much, but the cost savings might be significant. I'm confident we've built something that will work well for those who are committed to their business on Phrendly and who bid rationally.

Okay now that makes more sense, I suppose. Yet only makes it more difficult/practically impossible to get within page 10 let alone 1 for someone like me, who apparently must have a very low score since the bids within the first 10 pages are just too high for me to beat with a reasonable budget to sustain placement for at least half the day. I received so many clicks with my first few campaigns my budget ran out in one hour. That's not really helpful... My conversion rate is 95th percentile last I checked but it doesn't really do much for me when all these dudes are clicking and not starting chats, using up my budget for nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,057 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by AsheKn View Post
    I'm doing a trial period on it as well. I can see where it has its perks for sure, but most of my traffic today and yesterday has not been from the q-clicks.

Side note, is anyone experiencing issues with vid chat? I had someone try to connect no less than 10 or 12 times tonight because our chat kept disconnecting anywhere between 1-7 mins in. This hasnt happened to me before so I don't think its on my end. I managed to accumulate sips in this manner but definitely lost out on what could have been over an hour of cam rate.
    I had this happen last week actually. it comes & goes.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"