Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Default Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

Hi!

We’ve just launched phrendly.com, a site that attracts wealthy, older men for an online-only girlfriend experience. You can earn money responding to texts, taking phone calls, or doing video sessions. Choose how and when you want to communicate and set your own price. We have special systems that forward calls and texts so you never have to worry about revealing your actual phone number.

Phrendly was born out of the observation that a lot of people like ONLY the texting back-and-forth part of dating apps; they aren’t interested in meeting up—for a variety of reasons. It’s hard for guys to find women willing to do this today. Dating apps are for meeting up with a partner and adult sites are, well, for getting off. Phrendly fills the void between these two and allows guys to have a secret “pocket girlfriend” that gives them the thrill of feeling wanted without the weight of an IRL relationship.

And they’re willing to pay for it. To keep things more natural and “girlfriendy”, they pay by sharing “drinks” with you, much as they would at a wine bar or club. The drinks have a cash value that goes into your account, and you get paid out via direct deposit or paper check—your choice.

Phrendly is new, although the company is made up of industry vets who’ve been doing this sort of thing for over a decade. We’re about to start advertising the site heavily. In our experience, women that get in early achieve the most success, so if you’re at all interested, you should check it out right now (best to sign up via a computer, not your phone).

Full disclosure: I’m part of the team, but I think it’s worth a look. If you have questions or comments, I’d be happy to field them here.

https://beta.phrendly.com/pss01a

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Default Re: Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

Is that a referral link? Just wondering.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SexxiLexxi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

There's no phone option for UK at the signup page, will that be changing?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna_X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by SexxiLexxi View Post
    Is that a referral link? Just wondering.
    No, that's a link to get you to a landing page that is more "provider" focused. The normal front-door is more for guys. Thanks for having a look!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_X View Post
    There's no phone option for UK at the signup page, will that be changing?
    So sorry, Ana. We're just focusing on North America for now (telco set-up and all that). The UK will be at the top of the list when we decide to expand, however.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,094 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Umm...are there any guys over 26 on there

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    Umm...are there any guys over 26 on there
    Yes! Plenty. You DO NOT have to have a public profile to talk to someone on Phrendly, so there are plenty of guys lurking in private mode. Of course you *do* have to have a public profile for someone to reach out to you, and that's the only way to earn. It looks and feels like a dating site to enhance the girlfriend aspect, which is why guys are allowed to create profiles unlike on adult sites. In fact, women can contact guys with public profiles (and pay for it!), but we know that won't be too common.

Thanks for having a look! I hope to see your profile up there. I'll ensure it gets approved pronto!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,928 Times in 4,753 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Sounds interesting. Can you say more about what the pay structure is for texts, calls, videos? Do you issue 1099's?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Sounds interesting. Can you say more about what the pay structure is for texts, calls, videos? Do you issue 1099's?
    You keep 75% of the cost of texts, calls, & video chats. You keep 90% of the value of gifts. Default cost of a text message is $0.50, but the guy is not charged unless you respond (and you need to do so within 24 hours). Default pricing for calls and video chats depend on your stated "relationship speed" (slow/normal vs fast), but regardless, you can set your own price. Video chat is priced ~25% higher than phone or video with the camera off.

Here's a support article that might help: https://support.phrendly.com/hc/en-u...nd-video-calls

1099Ks will be issued to anyone making more than $20K per year, as per federal regulations.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Oh, I forgot to mention, if you opt to be paid via ACH, you'll be paid out daily as long as you have minimum earnings of $10. There is no additional charge for daily pay.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Hmmm. I'm trying to do my phone verification but it doesn't go anywhere after I press continue.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChubbyCherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,094 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Oh girl, I tried to do that as well. Maybe the owner can give us some insight?

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyCherub View Post
    Hmmm. I'm trying to do my phone verification but it doesn't go anywhere after I press continue.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    Oh girl, I tried to do that as well. Maybe the owner can give us some insight?
    Happy to help. After you enter your number, you'll be texted a verification code. Enter that code into the box on the page and you'll be able to proceed. PM me if you had a specific issue, e.g. you didn't receive the text or something like that.

I will say that registration is difficult on a phone; a computer is easiest. In fact, if you're using an iPhone, you won't be able to take a profile picture (required) at all: you'll need to finish up on a computer. This is because iOS won't let websites access a device's camera. Apple forces developers to use an app for that. Our app is due out in October.

Thanks so much for your interest and please let me know how I can help get you up and running!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

All signed up and texting away! I can't wait for the app to come out!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChubbyCherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

All signed up and texting away! I can't wait for the app to come out!
    yay! I'm so happy! I hope it works out well for you and other SW pioneers. First in is often a big advantage!

Thanks

Sounds good.. definitely going to try this out I love getting money deposited right away for online work

I wish that you could just upload photos for the profile instead of *having* to use the webcam, that'd be so much easier.. cute website design tho

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belsine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Anyone want to pop in on their experience with this site so far?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I've talked to two guys on there so far. It's easy because the system will send your messages as texts to your phone if you're not logged in. So, you aren't tied to a PC like camming. I've made seven dollars for literally a few minutes of work. Plus, it can just be fun and not like adult work at all. So far, I haven't done voice or video, but I'm trying to work that angle.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ChubbyCherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by belsine View Post
    Sounds good.. definitely going to try this out I love getting money deposited right away for online work

I wish that you could just upload photos for the profile instead of *having* to use the webcam, that'd be so much easier.. cute website design tho
    We insist the photo be taken via our GIF booth for two main reasons: first, a three frame animation gives you a surprising amount of insight into a person's personality, with a lot less effort than an awkward video introduction or long self-description. Some people have done really creative things in those three frames. Second, it provides a hurdle for scammers, who have no ethical issue in stealing other people's photos and using them as their own.

The downside is you have to be on a computer running Chrome or Firefox (not Safari) or a phone running Android to take a photo. This sucks for iPhone users, but our iOS app is due next month.

Note that these requirements are *just* for the required photo. Once you're set up, you can use any device for texting and calls (you have to hop on Firefox or Chrome on your computer for video, though). We're making improvements everyday and the site is growing nicely. We're happy and honored that some in the SW community are giving us a try. Best of luck and please send me feedback! We really want to make this site worth your time.
    Last edited by jamma; 09-29-2016 at 10:39 AM.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

ummm i didn't get paid for yesterday and i'm set to express pay .... I met over the $10 minimum

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Violethollywood View Post
    ummm i didn't get paid for yesterday and i'm set to express pay .... I met over the $10 minimum
    Hi Violet:

Congrats! I'm happy that Phrendly is working out for you. You will see your first payment within 10 business days (usually much quicker). Why? We review each payment as part of our fraud prevention practices, and this takes up to three days, and then there is a lag in the banking system over which we have no control. We do payment reviews every business day (excluding Holidays), so once you get through the first review, pay will begin to come every business day (depending on your bank & provided you have the minimum $10 payout), with some payments bigger because they might include pay for both weekend days.

For example, on Monday morning we will debit all funds that are eligible to be paid. This would include all funds you earned until 11:30pm PST the previous day. We then do our fraud analysis and will typically send these funds to your bank by Thursday. Funds debited from your account on Tuesday will be sent to your bank by Friday. This process is repeated every business day. Exactly when your funds will arrive in your bank account depends on your bank. It is our experience that you can typically expect to see your funds in your bank account 7 business days after they are debited from your account.

Here's a support article that might help: https://support.phrendly.com/hc/en-u...y-Getting-paid

I'll ask support to update that article to include a graphical calendar that shows when you might expect to see a credit to your bank account based on when we deduct funds. It might look something like this:
    http://screencast.com/t/43uOPnIQk , but that's not official.

Keep up the great work! Ping me via PM if you're interested in being a beta tester for our iOS app. It makes using Phrendly on a mobile device *so* much more convenient. That goes for anyone else reading this thread, too!

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Ok, I know Violethollywood has worked on the site, anyone else? I had a freeloader yesterday. He kept asking for pics. I told him in a seductive manner, that if he wanted pics, he'd have to send me more "drinks", or send "gifts." He send pictures of tropical drinks, asked for nudes and then, his account disappeared. I'm thinking, sweet, I made a few bucks off this guy and he went away on his own!! Nope! Today, I checked my personal email, and discovered a message from that creep in my email!! He included his phone number.. Guess what's even creepier? He's local. (And I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere.)
    Has anyone had any creepy experiences? Is it possible this guy is a hacker? Or is my personal information that insecure on Phrendly???

41. The Following User Says Thank You to ChubbyCherub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Ok, I know Violethollywood has worked on the site, anyone else? I had a freeloader yesterday. He kept asking for pics. I told him in a seductive manner, that if he wanted pics, he'd have to send me more "drinks", or send "gifts." He send pictures of tropical drinks, asked for nudes and then, his account disappeared. I'm thinking, sweet, I made a few bucks off this guy and he went away on his own!! Nope! Today, I checked my personal email, and discovered a message from that creep in my email!! He included his phone number.. Guess what's even creepier? He's local. (And I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere.)
    Has anyone had any creepy experiences? Is it possible this guy is a hacker? Or is my personal information that insecure on Phrendly???
    That's no fun. Sorry this happened to you. I can assure you your personal info is safe on Phrendly. Let's PM to discuss this guy.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

weird. hasn't happened to me (yet).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

i will say though, there's a ton of freeloader guys that try to give you their real number.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violethollywood For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast