Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182
Results 4,526 to 4,532 of 4532

Thread: Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

I've thought of going back this now that I finally have some time... I am not a tech person at all and I've upgraded my phone a few times since this site has been kicked out of the app store
    Is there someway to get this on my phone again ( the web version was so slow if I remember, in regards to starring/scrolling through profiles)

Or is there something similar someone can recommend? I like chat sites, but never was successful at camming.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 1,097 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

Did they increase their cut? I feel like I'm making less money from video chats.
    "I now exist everywhere and nowhere. In between the fabric of space, time, and streamate. Send help."- illuminaughty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravenskyy View Post
    Did they increase their cut? I feel like I'm making less money from video chats.
    I went poking around to see what the site says and video calls are still 70% after 20 cent a minute connection fee. I think that when Phrendly first launched, they weren't charging the connection fee, but they added it a couple of years ago. It doesn't look like anything has changed recently though.

One thing I did notice, was a notification saying the following:

Please note: As of December 2021, video calls are not working on Chrome. Please use a different browser for video calls at this time.
    That's the kind of thing that needs to be more prominently featured somewhere and not just hidden deep within the help section.

Also, this might help explain why NiteFlirt hasn't rushed to implement the video call functionality from Phrendly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spemily For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So let me get it straight....I take pics of me, and flirt with guys, and send them pics...and I get some money for this? It's flirting without meeting and no cam required?

And the men know this....correct??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    So let me get it straight....I take pics of me, and flirt with guys, and send them pics...and I get some money for this? It's flirting without meeting and no cam required?

And the men know this....correct??
    I mean... that's the marketing schtick, sort of. And it's certainly the way some conversations on the site go. But I wouldn't say it's an accurate description of the site.

Firstly, the only reason it's about "flirting" is because Phrendly wants to keep up the appearance of not being an adult site. However, this has the downside of being confusing to guys (and some women) who just stumble across it randomly and who see that it is set up sort of like a very stripped-down dating app. This gives many, many guys the impression that the women are there, like them, to have fun. If they didn't read through explanation of the site too closely, they often imagine that both parties are paying to be able to send messages. It also leads them to be believe that the women will be open to exchanging real phone numbers or chat IDs because it would save everyone money.

Then, there are guys who have a better grasp on how the site works, but still think the women are there for fun. They are the ones who post in their description to message them first. They want to be the ones making money off random women messaging them, probably so they can then message with women they are more interested in.

Finally, there are guys who fully understand (or come to understand) that it's basically a site like NiteFlirt or TTM. They expect virtual sexual services of various sorts. They rarely just want "flirting". They want explicit sexual chats, explicit pics, explicit phone calls and/or explicit cam calls. Phrendly doesn't make offering any of this mandatory. You are free to not to turn on call availability or not turn on cam availability. You're free not to send photos, or not to send explicit photos. But guys will variously want all these things and will ask for them.

Whoever initiates the chat pays for all chat messages going forward, while the person who received the first chat gets paid for all chats going forward. For phone calls and cam calls, whoever places the call pays for it. There's no built in way to charge for pics, so if you want to be compensated for them, you have to convince the guy to send you a "gift". The different gifts Phrendly offers have different monetary values to you.

So, long story short, just like on any phone sex/sexting site, there are a few guys who will be content with you saying "teehee, you're making me blush" and sending a cute fully clothed pic, most want full virtual sexual services. And due to the confusing marketing, it's tougher to be ethical on this site. Many of the guys who seem content with not getting full sexual services are only behaving that way because they believe that they are talking to a girl who is there to have fun and who could be open to an actual relationship of some sort.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spemily For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spemily View Post
    I mean... that's the marketing schtick, sort of. And it's certainly the way some conversations on the site go. But I wouldn't say it's an accurate description of the site.

Firstly, the only reason it's about "flirting" is because Phrendly wants to keep up the appearance of not being an adult site. However, this has the downside of being confusing to guys (and some women) who just stumble across it randomly and who see that it is set up sort of like a very stripped-down dating app. This gives many, many guys the impression that the women are there, like them, to have fun. If they didn't read through explanation of the site too closely, they often imagine that both parties are paying to be able to send messages. It also leads them to be believe that the women will be open to exchanging real phone numbers or chat IDs because it would save everyone money.

Then, there are guys who have a better grasp on how the site works, but still think the women are there for fun. They are the ones who post in their description to message them first. They want to be the ones making money off random women messaging them, probably so they can then message with women they are more interested in.

Finally, there are guys who fully understand (or come to understand) that it's basically a site like NiteFlirt or TTM. They expect virtual sexual services of various sorts. They rarely just want "flirting". They want explicit sexual chats, explicit pics, explicit phone calls and/or explicit cam calls. Phrendly doesn't make offering any of this mandatory. You are free to not to turn on call availability or not turn on cam availability. You're free not to send photos, or not to send explicit photos. But guys will variously want all these things and will ask for them.

Whoever initiates the chat pays for all chat messages going forward, while the person who received the first chat gets paid for all chats going forward. For phone calls and cam calls, whoever places the call pays for it. There's no built in way to charge for pics, so if you want to be compensated for them, you have to convince the guy to send you a "gift". The different gifts Phrendly offers have different monetary values to you.

So, long story short, just like on any phone sex/sexting site, there are a few guys who will be content with you saying "teehee, you're making me blush" and sending a cute fully clothed pic, most want full virtual sexual services. And due to the confusing marketing, it's tougher to be ethical on this site. Many of the guys who seem content with not getting full sexual services are only behaving that way because they believe that they are talking to a girl who is there to have fun and who could be open to an actual relationship of some sort.
    Yeah, I figured. Same crap I get on my PSO site. Not the TTM but PSO where we have no cam choices. Like, NO, not sending you my pics, no no talking off site..no no no no no lol. I think I'll skip this one, since I'm trying to figure out TTM but the guys seem cheap.

Thanks

Why do they want me to take a "live" photo. I have no will to put on make up and pose. Is there no option to just upload a photo, I mean, eventually I would have to do a cam type session and I can't lie. I can't figure out how to do it without a "Live" photo being taken. No time for that right now.