Page 165 of 169 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4211

Thread: Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

Thanks

Default Re: Phrendly.com, a new GFE option to consider

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFranky View Post
    Yep, this month I've LOST MONEY bidding. I've spent $60 and am at -$5.00 on revenue. Done with this site.
    Same. And my bidding amounts have more than doubled! Idk what is going on here, but the promotion option went from being gold, to complete trash.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ravenskyy For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,477 Times in 667 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Let me ask this ...has anyone actually noticed a measurable, consistent increase in earnings via the bidding system? Because I haven't heard one positive thing about it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    Let me ask this ...has anyone actually noticed a measurable, consistent increase in earnings via the bidding system? Because I haven't heard one positive thing about it.
    Let me start by saying I've never made bank on Phrendly. My best month ever was about $500 and that was a long time ago. These days, I make about $50 a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. I started bidding as soon as the feature was introduced. The first few days, it seemed to be working. I was getting messages every day (which is not how it usually goes for me) and I was spending less than I was making. However, after about a week, I stopped receiving messages. Over the last five days, I maxed out my click budget every day with nothing to show for it. I quit bidding because I was about to reach a point where the total money I'd earned from bidding was going to be surpassed by the amount I'd paid to bid.

A big problem with the bidding system, as compared to the one on Niteflirt, is that there is only one way a click can be useful to us: if the guy messages. If he stars us, we get nothing. We can't message him, we can't send him links to goodies or PTVs or entice him to call with free minutes. He clicks, he moves on. We pay and gain nothing.

Edited to add: When bidding started, I could get on the first page of my age group for about $1. By the time I quit, it would have cost me about $5. Right now, it would cost me over $12 with the top few spots being nearly $40. So, bidding now would be an even worse proposition for me.

If one in two guys who clicks messages me (which would be a very, very good rate), at $5 a click, that guy would have to send 15 messages to break even. At the current prices, it'd have to be 35 messages. A huge amount of my conversations don't make it past one or two messages (with many stopping at 10, when they finish their free drink). Also, I definitely don't get one guy messaging for every two clicks.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spemily For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I noticed a difference for about a month. Then it slowly died down. Now it's crickets.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ravenskyy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Is anyone else having a problem with video chat? The screen collapses a few seconds after we connect. So annoying.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member Burt Macklin, FBI's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone else having a problem with video chat? The screen collapses a few seconds after we connect. So annoying.
    I can't even get it to launch in Firefox. Says my camera is blocked when I accepted it and it shows it's accepted. Chrome hates me so we're not even going to start on that mess.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Burt Macklin, FBI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Macklin, FBI View Post
    I can't even get it to launch in Firefox. Says my camera is blocked when I accepted it and it shows it's accepted. Chrome hates me so we're not even going to start on that mess.
    I guess it's a glitch on the site's end. I tried restarting my browser, switching browsers, restarting my computer, trying to video chat from my phone instead of my laptop. I wonder if there's anything we can do other than wait it out?

Thanks

My best tactic is to complain and hope for the best. We are two-people strong now. Anyone else wanna add their voices to our struggle?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Burt Macklin, FBI For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I also send support an e-mail today for a site glitch that ruined my income on there. I really haven't been having many problems with the site, just chatting with regulars for the most part. I haven't heard back and I'm wondering if I will hear back from them this weekend. I was pretty furious I couldn't do a video chat with a regular phrend earlier today. They demoted my profile status.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to someoldnoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by someoldnoob View Post
    I also send support an e-mail today for a site glitch that ruined my income on there. I really haven't been having many problems with the site, just chatting with regulars for the most part. I haven't heard back and I'm wondering if I will hear back from them this weekend. I was pretty furious I couldn't do a video chat with a regular phrend earlier today. They demoted my profile status.
    Yeah, me too. Last night I wanted to video with a regular who only comes around on occasion but always spends big when he does. No luck.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Apparently they are doing a site-wide review of our profiles and they have new rules I was never notified about, so not sure how I was supposed to know.
    This is from their response:
    "This includes a profile's description and four words. We reviewed your profile and unfortunately the content in your description/four words was found to be inappropriate.

In order for your profile to be approved, please make sure your written content does not include any of the following:

-Explicit sexual language
    -Solicitation of gifts
    -Offers for photos or video content
    -Context implying meeting in-person
    -Any descriptions found to be violating our Profile Policy or Code of Conduct.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and thanks for abiding by our policies!"

It would have been nice to have received an e-mail about this ahead of time instead of messing with my scheduled video chats!

and PS- What are we supposed to do when guys keep bringing up meeting IRL and we've been deflecting for too long and it becomes something where I don't think it's as obvious on the site that it's online only? I've copy and pasted the rules to them where it says it's online only, but they don't seem to sign up knowing that. How long can we deflect before we're complicit in them believing we really ARE going to meet up, as opposed to indulging in the fantasy and saying "oh that would be so fun, can you imagine?" etc ?
    Last edited by someoldnoob; 09-15-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: commentary

21. The Following User Says Thank You to someoldnoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Apparently they are doing a site-wide review of our profiles and they have new rules I was never notified about, so not sure how I was supposed to know.
    This is from their response:
    "This includes a profile's description and four words. We reviewed your profile and unfortunately the content in your description/four words was found to be inappropriate.

In order for your profile to be approved, please make sure your written content does not include any of the following:

-Explicit sexual language
    -Solicitation of gifts
    -Offers for photos or video content
    -Context implying meeting in-person
    -Any descriptions found to be violating our Profile Policy or Code of Conduct.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and thanks for abiding by our policies!"

It would have been nice to have received an e-mail about this ahead of time instead of messing with my scheduled video chats!

and PS- What are we supposed to do when guys keep bringing up meeting IRL and we've been deflecting for too long and it becomes something where I don't think it's as obvious on the site that it's online only? I've copy and pasted the rules to them where it says it's online only, but they don't seem to sign up knowing that. How long can we deflect before we're complicit in them believing we really ARE going to meet up, as opposed to indulging in the fantasy and saying "oh that would be so fun, can you imagine?" etc ?
    Are you sure those aren't the rules to qualify for their advertising campaign? How would this be related to the video chat issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,099 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I've been bidding too & not really having much to show for it sadly. I think I'm pulling out of bidding for now.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Holy shit, I was gone a couple weeks(was super sick) I come back and the bidding for the first ten pages is INSANE??! first page is between 50-60$
    This can't be right? My stats aren't even that low.
    I placed a 5.00 bid and I'm 1000+

I don't get it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,099 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

^ ya same here! I just went to look at my placement & I am somehow on fucking page 15!!! wtf?! and thats with my bidding active right now. It's saying I was only paying .09 a click even though I've got it set at 99 cents a click yet I'm way back there?! I stopped bidding, this is a waste of my earnings.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

How tf are they expecting me to pay twenty dollars a click, if im making .35 a message. I was gone two fucking weeks was spending lIke 3-5 dollars to be on the front page. Have used 300+ of my earnings toward promotion in the past, and now this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I only see it as $3 for the very top spot, so I think it's subjective based on your stats.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

It is.
    But my stats are not low.
    With the same stats I was bidding about 3-5.
    Now it's 60 for front page.
    That's why I'm tripping tf out

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunanegra For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lunanegra View Post
    Holy shit, I was gone a couple weeks(was super sick) I come back and the bidding for the first ten pages is INSANE??! first page is between 50-60$
    This can't be right? My stats aren't even that low.
    I placed a 5.00 bid and I'm 1000+

I don't get it?
    That's why I NEVER stop my campaign. The most I'll do is pause it. It's not taking your cam score in effect. It does that to mine. One time it took about 5 minutes for it to kick in. The second time it took about 15-20 minutes.

Thanks

It's really hard to deal with, both as a provider and as someone who truly doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. You can tell a guy 500 times, this is online only. This is a job. You are literally paying me to entertain you. Our entire relationship is a transaction. But after a while, even knowing all of that, some will start to think that all of those half-assed LOLs, smiley faces, and shared stories are evidence that you want to take things further. Captain Save a Heaux cannot be reasoned with. Sometimes you have to block these people if it gets creepy, or just extinguish that tiny flame of hope in their hearts between your ice cold fingers. Do not be afraid to drop a hard no if beating around the bush doesn't work.
    Last edited by Burt Macklin, FBI; 09-15-2018 at 11:23 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Burt Macklin, FBI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows234 View Post
    That's why I NEVER stop my campaign. The most I'll do is pause it. It's not taking your cam score in effect. It does that to mine. One time it took about 5 minutes for it to kick in. The second time it took about 15-20 minutes.
    It's been two hours and nothings changed.

Rip.

Update (5 min later)

I made a 17$ bid too be on page ten(feeling guilty as hell)

Get a message. Get moved to page 2, and paid 1.60 for the click.

I will never understand this site.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunanegra For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I guess my profile has been flagged cause its asked me twice now to "complete my profile", my description and four words had been taken down because they had the words fetish and kinky in it. I guess this is not allowed now?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 407 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Idk this site has been dead for me the last month and a half. I think I've made 4 dollars. I don't even use it anymore bc it's such a waste.
    Your body is your temple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lunanegra View Post
    It's been two hours and nothings changed.

Rip.

Update (5 min later)

I made a 17$ bid too be on page ten(feeling guilty as hell)

Get a message. Get moved to page 2, and paid 1.60 for the click.

I will never understand this site.
    Come to think of it, I think that's what I had to do the second time that happened to me. Just made a bid, even an outrageous one, and then things went back to normal.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows234 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

The bidding system has been weird for me the past week. I don't change the amount of my bids much and I'm usually on page 4. But the other day, without changing my bid, I somehow ended up on page 100. I don't know if this was a glitch or not. I stayed on page 100 for about 2 days and then it went back to normal and I was on page 4 again.

The site has also been super laggy for me which is really frustrating. When I type something, it takes at least 5 seconds for the text to actually show up. I've been using the app to reply to messages.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bridgetxo For This Useful Post: