Thread: Lactating and dancing?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried

Default Lactating and dancing?

So i just had a baby almost 6 weeks ago...I don't want to quit breast feeding...but I also don't feel comfortable or want to deal with having to pump or the discomfort of engorged breast. Has anyone quit breast feeding to dance? Or been in a similar situation. Plus I feel like even if I had a desk job I wouldn't want to have to deal with pumping and discomfort at work. I just feel like going back to any job and breast feeding sucks. But quitting does sort of make me feel sad which they say is normal
    " I would rather be tired than BROKE"

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Lactating and dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kcreole1 View Post
    So i just had a baby almost 6 weeks ago...I don't want to quit breast feeding...but I also don't feel comfortable or want to deal with having to pump or the discomfort of engorged breast. Has anyone quit breast feeding to dance? Or been in a similar situation. Plus I feel like even if I had a desk job I wouldn't want to have to deal with pumping and discomfort at work. I just feel like going back to any job and breast feeding sucks. But quitting does sort of make me feel sad which they say is normal

Congrats on the baby!

I have worked with women who were breast feeding and management was pretty good at giving them time and space to pump. But if you're not interested in pumping, is it possible to work really short shifts? Or maybe switch to camming for a bit?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Layla.00 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've worked with breastfeeding dancers and they brought their pumps and pumped in the dressing room during down time. Find a club with short shifts or explain your situation to the manager and see if you can work shorter shifts more days a week or something. Also lactation fetish is huge. One girl I knew was always in VIP just because of that. You would probably do well with camming or making clips for guys with that fetish aswell. I really wish I knew about when I had my last kid. I breastfed for over a year and probably missed out on so much $ lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to victoriavein For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,840 Times in 1,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victoriavein View Post
    I've worked with breastfeeding dancers and they brought their pumps and pumped in the dressing room during down time. Find a club with short shifts or explain your situation to the manager and see if you can work shorter shifts more days a week or something. Also lactation fetish is huge. One girl I knew was always in VIP just because of that. You would probably do well with camming or making clips for guys with that fetish aswell. I really wish I knew about when I had my last kid. I breastfed for over a year and probably missed out on so much $ lol
    A girl I know was lactating and got fired for squirting a rude customer while onstage. True story.

I've seen girls pumping in the Dr and never cared, but I was astounded over how many girls took issue with it. They may have just been haters, but still. It's hard for a breastfeeding working mom.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried

I just feel like it would be a hassle to have to stop and go pump I kinda don't really want to deal with that which is why I'm thinking of just quitting. That way I don't have to deal with stopping what I'm doing to go pump. It's so bittersweet

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

im breastfeeding and i still cam, i know that's different but still. if i was stripping i'd go pump in the dressing room and tell whatever bitch that has a problem to gfy b/c baby needs to be fed and you're just a mother trying to feed your kid ya know

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Violethollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried

This is true. I just feel like at work it's just another thing to worry about. This is my first child so plus I'm like will my body stay soft looking like it is while I breast feed? I know your body holds on the extra fluid and fat while breast feeding

Thanks
    Thanked 4,278 Times in 1,725 Posts

It's your body but I think you should breastfeed at work. You're a stripper, you can take breaks whenever you want to pump and I mean 15 mins pumping every 2-4 hours isn't bad. It's like taking a normal break. You shouldn't break that bond with your baby just because you have to go back to work. I feel like you will resent work then. Also, your baby is SO small still. He/She can really benefit from the breast milk.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,232 Times in 671 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

If anything breastfeeding usually makes you thinner cause it uses up a huge amount of calories but you had a baby just over a month ago, that is sooo soon! Pumping as a stripper is loads easier than doing it at a regular job, I'd try it

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 591 Posts

Curious about this topic, so I'm bumpin it up.
    Exotic dancing is like any other job.
    If you work in an office, you wear dress shoes and a suit.
    If you work in a restaraunt, you wear skid resistant shoes and a uniform.
    If you work in a strip club, you wear 7" stilettos and lycra g-strings.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

I know I already commented but I'm currently doing it so..I get a little hand pump and pump in the bathroom (or the dressing room..idgaf)..I store the milk in a insulated lunch bag for my baby. No way am I going to quit over two days a week at the club. It also has the added benefit of making me even skinnier and my boobs big and firm.
    I pump every three hours to keep my supply up , or whenever it grows uncomfortable. You just need to remember or it can affect your supply
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 555 Posts

I was working a desk job when my daughter was born. I took 12 weeks off to be with her. When I came back, the company suggested I put her in day care across the street. That way I could go over and breast feed her whenever. I just worked longer to make up for the time. Management was very cool.

XOXO
    Z

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,132 Posts

I've dealt with this before. Breast pumps become your best friend. You can pump in the dressing room or bathroom. As long as you remember to do it on a set schedule. I remember a time that I forgot to pump at work and my boobs got so painfully engorged that when Mr. Octopus Handsy customer sly touched my boob, they started leaking and soaked my top. It effectively freaked him out, ha. The creepy side is that you might attract lactation fetish dudes.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

^god yes, mr octopus..I had a clogged milk duct and he decided to grab at my sore boob, wanted to punch him. Shoulda sprayed him ��
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body