Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick and tired of Los Angeles

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Thumbs down Sick and tired of Los Angeles

I cannot wait to get out of this dreadful hell hole.
    I was raised and grew up here in California and can honestly say I am ready to move on and never come back! Its ridiculous, the houses are way over priced and even if I bought one the property tax alone would mean I could never retire lol.

the rent is excessive, the club pay out is excessive, the men expect way to much for way too little. I am EXHAUSTED mentally, spiritually, and can't take a break because I have to pay a 2k rent for a single bedroom apartment. Just... Ugh. I know I have spoken about this before but I honestly CAN NOT WAIT TO LEAVE!!
    I'm a fountain of blood in the shape of a girl.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Missdoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,692 Times in 1,125 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: Sick and tired of Los Angeles

So get out already!!!
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,929 Times in 4,658 Posts
    My Mood
    Hot

Yea, 32 years in LA was more than enough for me.
    Sad, what its become.
    Most of the friends I've made there, have moved on to 'greener pastures ', and not one person regrets leaving.
    The ones who HAVE stayed behind and still live there, are all crabby, and bitter old bitches. I've COMPLETELY cut them from my life.
    Life is really too long to live with all of that constant stress.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,692 Times in 1,125 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Yes!! I lived there also, at 19 when the world was literally my oyster. Not that Miami is much better but Hollywood ties into Adult Work in a seedy way and that has a lot to do with why it is shitty there as a sex worker.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,073 Posts

Eventually I'll have to go up there to work as an actress/screenwriter. Just so I'm prepared, what do you hate about it? Usually I have fun when I visit LA. But I'm sure living there is a different story.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Just got my notice that my apartment lease is finally going to be over in Dec, I am so relieved lol.

Lovey - it just sucks here for stripping my house fee is 60-120 (depending on what greedy manager I am dealing with that night) and 50% out of all my dances. I feel robbed and taken advantage of everytime I go to work.

Cost of living is way to high out here and traffic and the rude f.ucking people just make it unbearable.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missdoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^Have you though of working in Orange County? Or is traffic an issue?

Rude people is right. I'm learning that quickly. It's quite astounding, actually.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 916 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

It's the land of opportunists. Every man for himself mentality. Took me awhile to get used to it but i did, but after awhile I honestly just got bored with that place.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Not to thread jack, but I feel where you're coming from, at least from the rents.

I grew up in OC but have been living in Asia for the past ten years.

In trying to plan my return, anywhere in SoCal or NoCal is just not possible, rent wise, which sucks.

In the 90's I had a decent apartment for $600 a month, and even bought a condo in a decent area with a similar mortgage.

No longer.

Luckily there's plenty of resources to scope places out (primarily city-data.com) so I don't show up completely clueless.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 600 Posts

I live there but am not a native.

Everyone has a love-hate relationship with LA. There are tons of sociopaths and narcissists because those personalities do really well here. There is a lot of classism and racism here. Lots of segregation. People are selfish. No one wants to settle down. For every one man with a basic job, there's like 20 beautiful, accomplished, high quality women so men use this to their advantage. Most people have Peter Pan syndrome. Schools are terrible and also a victim of rich vs poor. LA has extremes one way or another with everything, and little in between. There's also zero middle class here, you are poor lol. A lot of conservatives here somehow. It's impossible and a bad investment to buy a house since it's much cheaper to rent, and rent is still insane. I personally think it's harder to make it here in adult work than it ever was in the Bay Area even though the cost of living is higher there and the standards are higher there for most things. LA is difficult. There's lots of nepotism. People judge you based on the exact section of the exact neighborhood you live in. People only want to associate with clones of themselves in every way. It's isolating. Again, people are selfish and manipulative, yet smooth talkers. A lot of evil shit goes on here and you can feel the energy, like something is wrong, sometimes.

However, the pros are that there is endless opportunity. Granted those opportunities are solely based on who you know and how hot and interesting you are. This is one of the few places where investments can pay off (but often don't). It's a good place if you're conventionally really pretty, like fitness and health, and have good style, but it's an awful place if you lack any of that because you'll be overlooked for everything imaginable no matter how small of a deal it is. Pretty architecture. Creative people. Theatrical. Fun. Endless exploring. Nice place for old Hollywood or rock n roll fans. Nice underground music scene on the east side, though you can't expect to be apart of anything without knowing someone. I personally like that everything is hidden and underground here because it keeps things exclusive and like-minded yet small. You can't stumble upon cool stuff here unless it's a cool little shop, not an event. You really can stumble upon cool stores here. Pretty hiking and lots to do for the active. Lots of scenes, so many that you'll never get bored, but then again people only want you around their scene if you're a clone or can do something for them lol. Lots of culture, very multicultural as well. I love the beauty industry here and the quality hospitals, that's important for my work. The weather is nice though I wish it rained way more. It often feels like paradise like on warm summer nights. I feel like Lana Del Rey accurately captures my feelings toward LA.

LA has the things I'm looking for in a city TBH, like literally almost all of them, I just think the downsides to it are major. Especially the people and housing costs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Lovey - I've worked in surrounding counties not OC though but it all seems like the same BS- California sucks in general.

gonna just Bikini Bar it till I leave my apartment to get away from the gross custies that go to nude clubs.

On a good note: just paid my last 2k rent for my apartment!! Lol

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missdoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yay!!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

I totally hear you. I've been dancing in LA now for a little over a year. It's disgusting how much money the club takes. I work my butt off, feel like I've had a great day, and walk away with only half of what I've earned! I wouldn't mind as much if the managers wanted to grind on some of the handsy customers for me, but they don't do anything! It's infuriating. Guys want so much more here and for so little. It's beginning to bring me down too. I keep wondering if there are any places near by that will let me keep my money, and just simply charge a house fee. I don't want anyone hovering over me counting my dances or paying me out at the end of the night. Cash to hand please.

How are the bikini bars? I've only danced the full nude clubs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by Newbee27 View Post
    I totally hear you. I've been dancing in LA now for a little over a year. It's disgusting how much money the club takes. I work my butt off, feel like I've had a great day, and walk away with only half of what I've earned! I wouldn't mind as much if the managers wanted to grind on some of the handsy customers for me, but they don't do anything! It's infuriating. Guys want so much more here and for so little. It's beginning to bring me down too. I keep wondering if there are any places near by that will let me keep my money, and just simply charge a house fee. I don't want anyone hovering over me counting my dances or paying me out at the end of the night. Cash to hand please.

How are the bikini bars? I've only danced the full nude clubs.
    YA most of the places that used to be like that have all closed down by now unfortunatley :/ That was my issue when I last lived there. Just recently i heard they closed down 7557 (why I dunno) certainly curious tho. Star Strip 2 used to be awesome like 8 yrs ago but it closed in 09'. I dunno why the lower tier dive places all closed, must've not been getting enough business?

"Respect is a dying art"

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Newbee- depends on the area but some bikini bars are surprisingly decent... I just don't expect to bank at one out here though. With all the nudey clubs around.

Yea the counting and hovering around gets old fast! It's defiantly a hustle out here for sure. Lots of work for half your money at the end up the night, I gotta demand tips from the custies or leave with like $200 for 5 hours of work!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Missdoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 1,136 Posts

It sounds like a great time to get out.

We just left a very over priced area 6-7 months ago and we are SO HAPPY to be gone.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

LA was alot nicer to me than the stupid bay area thats for sure. The ppl were also snootier up there more so than in LA. I think you need to a break from there def.

"Respect is a dying art"

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    LA was alot nicer to me than the stupid bay area thats for sure. The ppl were also snootier up there more so than in LA. I think you need to a break from there def.
    I find the opposite to be true. Or equally snooty but to your face people in LA act super nice because it's fake since they never know if you can hook them up with something to further their career or passion. Many more sociopaths and severe personality disorders in LA for sure.

LA seems to judge much more on physical aesthetics (even on the eastside which is the antithesis to the west side) and faux/inflated careers, and the Bay Area seems to judge much more on mental intelligence and faux causes or how you spend your time. Although I'm a little biased because I grew up in the Bay Area so I know how to navigate it's special ass, but I still think it's kinder because it's not very racist or classist unlike LA.

I love both though but I'm just being honest lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,929 Times in 4,658 Posts
    My Mood
    Hot

Reading this thread, and living where EVERYBODY hates L.A. and rips it a new asshole,.........
    I kinda miss it.
    I really miss the conveniences that I haven't had much of while staying at my friend's house in the boonies.....like, no hot water, no TV , or Internet, no microwave, no stove, freezing cold,..rednecks. eek!
    c41a7d01cfda48a06fb021db300b1f46.jpg

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

I love LA don't get me wrong. Every place has their problems and pros/cons.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I'm actually missing it myself here lately & am thinking of ditching the bf & going back soon. I wanna do the background extras thing alongside camming. The ppl might be super fake there but I found that I actually have made & kept more friends from my time there than the bay area. People are too concerned in the bay area with how much mony you make or have, stupid status crap that I don't care about. I def miss the endless job/gig oppurtunities I had there. *sigh*

"Respect is a dying art"

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Ah yea, Im not gonna miss it. Can't wait for $700 rent.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missdoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 Times in 988 Posts

I might be a fish out of water here- but I love LA!

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LAChloe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,615 Times in 6,649 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

I'm sick n' tired of where I am too, working on that.

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,997 Times in 2,020 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by LAChloe View Post
    I might be a fish out of water here- but I love LA!
    I like it too, I just hate driving around in it. If I lived there I would really have to research and make sure I picked an area where I was walking distance to like everything I needed to get to regularly.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast