Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sick and tired of Los Angeles

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Default Re: Sick and tired of Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by 22lligm View Post
    ^ Yeah that's exactly how people in CA view Texas and I'll admit I was the same way before I flew out here. I remember thinking 'ew Dallas..?' thinking it sounded so country and lame. But I ended up loving it lol. Some people from CA really do hate TX for some reason though. I knew a guy who had to move out here for work and he kept saying he could not wait to get back to California. Obviously not everyone will love texas but it's stupid to assume anything before trying it out for yourself. I just think socal is so overrated but that's just me.

& ya the money is great I will never step foot in a CA strip club again lol
    I'm happy I made the move to dallas from LA.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    I went there for xmas vacation this year & had a blast. Actually couldn't wait to move back there! I missed all my old spots for food & hangouts, fave neighborhoods. Gas is a bit more expensive there now than what I remember it being 4 yrs ago.
    That's the drawback to LA! Gas prices and the bad public transportation. If I move back (or rather when), I'm definitely getting a place off of the red line.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,418 Posts

I went there for xmas vacation this year & had a blast. Actually couldn't wait to move back there! I missed all my old spots for food & hangouts, fave neighborhoods. Gas is a bit more expensive there now than what I remember it being 4 yrs ago.
    That Special Blend gasoline lol! I had to get a Costco card for cheaper gasoline when prices were too high.

I'm pretty sad I have to put off a trip home yet again. I really miss one or two people back home, that is it, ha ha.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

I still hate LA haha
    I'm a fountain of blood in the shape of a girl.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missdoll For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,279 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 22lligm View Post
    I moved out of CA to TX and I'm thinking I may never move back. When I go home to visit family it's nice but after a day or two I'm wanting to get back to my apartment in Texas. I love the cheap rent and the strip clubs (good money and they're huge). And idk I just kinda like the vibe out here.

I know alot of people back home though that would NEVER leave SoCal and say 'ew why Texas'. But I personally am so glad I moved.

Shhhhh! We are trying to keep it a secret.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,615 Times in 6,649 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Mind Blowing Re: Sick and tired of Los Angeles

Watch Out for Snakes, tho

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Vegas is still looking very appealing. I've been staying at my moms recovering from debt from living out here but once I save a couple G's I may just take a chance and re locate there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 547 Posts

I live in Manhattan now and have for years, but I lived a summer in Houston working for an oil company (working on their global development, not the oil fields) and I lived in LA for 6 months on a big 4 contract.

There may be a lot of attractive women in LA, but no normal guys there ever have a chance with them. I would hate to be an average guy in LA. If people knew how famous or rich guys live in LA, there'd be a revolution. It seems like everything there is focused on wealth or fame. If you're not in possession of one or both, life is a grudging logistical nightmare.

Houston was just frickin hot and humid. It was beautiful in a weird way, with silver towers 70 stories tall sticking out of what looks like woods. It is the ONLY place where I've ever had a whole office, bosses, receptionists, engineers, and accountants, go to a strip club together. It seems like the women in Texas are pretty awesome, that's true. They cultivate an air of, nothing phases me I can handle anything. The poor people there too are very ashamed of themselves.

Maybe it's because I live here, but Manhattan is much more egalitarian. Five blocks from where I live there are projects, and 5 blocks from where I live are apartments that cost 100 million. We all eat at the same diners. we have as many pretty women as LA, true, but they're not as sequestered from life as people are in LA. All in all, if you're on your way up, I'd rather be here.
    Where am I? Florida

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bahuba View Post
    I live in Manhattan now and have for years, but I lived a summer in Houston working for an oil company (working on their global development, not the oil fields) and I lived in LA for 6 months on a big 4 contract.

There may be a lot of attractive women in LA, but no normal guys there ever have a chance with them. I would hate to be an average guy in LA. If people knew how famous or rich guys live in LA, there'd be a revolution. It seems like everything there is focused on wealth or fame. If you're not in possession of one or both, life is a grudging logistical nightmare.

Houston was just frickin hot and humid. It was beautiful in a weird way, with silver towers 70 stories tall sticking out of what looks like woods. It is the ONLY place where I've ever had a whole office, bosses, receptionists, engineers, and accountants, go to a strip club together. It seems like the women in Texas are pretty awesome, that's true. They cultivate an air of, nothing phases me I can handle anything. The poor people there too are very ashamed of themselves.

Maybe it's because I live here, but Manhattan is much more egalitarian. Five blocks from where I live there are projects, and 5 blocks from where I live are apartments that cost 100 million. We all eat at the same diners. we have as many pretty women as LA, true, but they're not as sequestered from life as people are in LA. All in all, if you're on your way up, I'd rather be here.
    Interesting. I'll add some thoughts later. I think men have it pretty good in LA. But that's my opinion......
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 1,968 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Funny, I had a cab driver in LA sharing this same perspective with me a couple of months ago. He was a young decent looking guy, but as we chatted about life stuff (my wife, kids, etc.) he said that he'd love to have a family, but that nobody in LA wanted to date a cab driver. I've read and heard similar comments in other places from other blue collar guys who live in the LA metro area. Idk how much to believe, but I'm out in LA at least once a year and I've met enough people there over the years that I've formed an unflattering opinion about the cultural attitudes in the city. Net-net, I am inclined to believe a lot of what I hear from regular guys.

I've never been in a place with so many shallow and sometimes outright insipid people as I meet when I'm there. Now I've met plenty of good people too, but it seems impossible to avoid the other types, along with the loonies and other characters. Idk, but the place just feels soulless to me, with noise and nonsense filling the void left by a lack of cultural identity and character. Now perhaps I am being entirely unfair and no offense to anyone who lives there and likes it. Maybe I just don't know the town well enough, but my annual visits there never show me anything to change my mind and I find it very easy to believe comments like those from the cab driver and others.

Anyway, just my on the matter and I could be way off base but there it is.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Funny, I had a cab driver in LA sharing this same perspective with me a couple of months ago. He was a young decent looking guy, but as we chatted about life stuff (my wife, kids, etc.) he said that he'd love to have a family, but that nobody in LA wanted to date a cab driver. I've read and heard similar comments in other places from other blue collar guys who live in the LA metro area. Idk how much to believe, but I'm out in LA at least once a year and I've met enough people there over the years that I've formed an unflattering opinion about the cultural attitudes in the city. Net-net, I am inclined to believe a lot of what I hear from regular guys.

I've never been in a place with so many shallow and sometimes outright insipid people as I meet when I'm there. Now I've met plenty of good people too, but it seems impossible to avoid the other types, along with the loonies and other characters. Idk, but the place just feels soulless to me, with noise and nonsense filling the void left by a lack of cultural identity and character. Now perhaps I am being entirely unfair and no offense to anyone who lives there and likes it. Maybe I just don't know the town well enough, but my annual visits there never show me anything to change my mind and I find it very easy to believe comments like those from the cab driver and others.

Anyway, just my on the matter and I could be way off base but there it is.

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for and what kind of lifestyle you want. Yea, if you're looking for a wife and you want a family, in this day and age, it's hard to find a down to earth chick in California to do that with.

California babes are hella cool and open minded, but at the same time a lot of them have drug problems, they party too much, and they can be very shallow and materialistic.

If you're in California and you want to get married a man's best bet is to find a young Mexican girl who comes from a good family, and even better if she hasn't been living in California for all that long. But in general, Mexican girls are amazing. They cook, they expect to have families and they love blue collar regular dudes. Furthermore, some of the most prettiest women I have ever seen in California were Mexican.

That said, I have been all around California as a regular dude and I just never felt that because I wasn't rich, or well known, that I couldn't find a wife or something like that. I do think my avantage was that I was from the East Coast. For some reason California girls really dig guys from the East Coast. Men from the east are more mature, laid back, and I noticed that we treated women much better then California guys who all seem to think they are pimps and that treating women like crap is acceptable.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyguy09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Interesting. I'll add some thoughts later. I think men have it pretty good in LA. But that's my opinion......
    What's cool is, we actually have some of the mythical beautiful "California Girls" (beach boys, not me) on here who can probably tell us the whole truth.

@Lucky I was only there for 6 months but all the rich guys I dealt with, especially the ones who had, and I'm not kidding, "been to Steven Spielberg's house" were constantly surrounded by outrageously hot women who would show up out of nowhere. In NYC we have a million famous people and there is always someone richer than you. No one brags because you look like a tool standing next to a billionaire who isn't bragging.

Many wealthy guys in LA only seem to go to "in" places and are driven everywhere. They don't integrate, and neither do the women who hang with them. You get weak when you get scared of normal people. As everyone else has said, I don't mean to insult LA people at all. I'm sure we NYCers, fighting over our tiny apartments and crowded restaurants, look silly too sometimes.
    Where am I? Florida

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,391 Times in 1,126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyguy09 View Post
    I guess it all depends on what you're looking for and what kind of lifestyle you want. Yea, if you're looking for a wife and you want a family, in this day and age, it's hard to find a down to earth chick in California to do that with.

California babes are hella cool and open minded, but at the same time a lot of them have drug problems, they party too much, and they can be very shallow and materialistic.

If you're in California and you want to get married a man's best bet is to find a young Mexican girl who comes from a good family, and even better if she hasn't been living in California for all that long. But in general, Mexican girls are amazing. They cook, they expect to have families and they love blue collar regular dudes. Furthermore, some of the most prettiest women I have ever seen in California were Mexican.

That said, I have been all around California as a regular dude and I just never felt that because I wasn't rich, or well known, that I couldn't find a wife or something like that. I do think my avantage was that I was from the East Coast. For some reason California girls really dig guys from the East Coast. Men from the east are more mature, laid back, and I noticed that we treated women much better then California guys who all seem to think they are pimps and that treating women like crap is acceptable.
    Lol! These generalizations are funny. CA girls digging east coast guys? Why? lol I'm from san diego and idk if I had ever heard "Ooh he's from the east coast!" No offense lol. When I think of an east coast guy I think of The Situation or Ronnie lol

But I will say that being from socal I literally grew up thinking there were more attractive women in the world than men. Just because every girl around me was pretty lol. And there were hotter girls on my college campus than there were in the strip clubs. It's kind of the opposite out here. The dancers are beautiful and then I go out and everyones like.. meh.

Although guys do seem to have way better manners out here in Texas. And I love when they say "darlin" it is so damn cute to me lol. And way more people out here are married with kids at younger ages than they are back home. But I was talking to a guy about that out here and he said "well what else is there to do" joking but not joking lol. Just two very different places! And I like them both for different reasons.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Deep down LA is still that scary oil trash town it started as....... LA also has ample opportunity but also enough avenues to pursue either your success or your doom. One must choose wisely there...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

California is a great place but if you live there a long time you see the gritty underside (poverty, the anger/hatred of the rich towards the poor.) I miss my home state but I was on a tight budget just to survive. It took a lot of the fun out of life to just scrape by.

Los Angeles trivia- my mom lived next to Compton in the early 1970s. She said the landlords were cruel and predatory & she hated being surrounded by junkies. That was exactly why she ended up moving north. The "fairy dust" of the late 1960s still put an allure on the Bay Area into the 1970s. I'm grateful I got to grow up there...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Born raised and lived in LA my whole life and in my experience this thread seams to be over exaggerating the stereotypes of Southern California. Yes, some of the women are only into you if you have money and yes some of the men are total douchebags but if you're not in that Hollywood industry or that kind of circle it's pretty similar to other large cities. It's just who you surround yourself with. If youre the kind of person who only wants to be around people who can do something for you then you're gonna be in that circle and youre part of it, if not you're not. There are millions of "normal" people here.

As someone else said there is a difference overall in culture though from a place like Texas or the south or Midwest. When I visit my family in Texas the people are more polite and just more at ease. I think bigger cities just naturally make people more guarded and less open.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobbleHead For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Yea, as someone who was born and raised here in CA too, I can tell you not all girls want rich guys ha.
    There are some nice Cali girls.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Missdoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 916 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by Missdoll View Post
    Yea, as someone who was born and raised here in CA too, I can tell you not all girls want rich guys ha.
    EXACTLY! Who ever wrote that thing about all beautiful white women only want rich guys is seriously ignorant LOL Also the comment about how mexican girls are prettier than white girls was also fucking stupid. That's not always true, I've seen both beauty in all races there as well as everywhere!
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

31. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think in LA different classes have different values. Pretty much every ethnic community is represented there so no one has to make assumptions on skin color, it has to do with cultural views & class ....warfare. There I said it. IMO your social class is a bigger factor in your life than your race, age, orientation, etc.

I have met a couple celebrities & honestly you can't even generalize there. Some invested wisely during their time of fame & some are still hustling. Beware a hustle from an apex predator, is all I'm gonna tell you....lol......

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Missdoll View Post
    FWIW I was a nice "California Girl" who got stepped on a lot. My poverty & willful ignorance caused me to miss the USS Opportunity a bunch of times when I was living in CA. It's the sad truth. You have to be quick to catch on out there...sigh...

35. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

EXACTLY! Who ever wrote that thing about all beautiful white women only want rich guys is seriously ignorant LOL Also the comment about how mexican girls are prettier than white girls was also fucking stupid. That's not always true, I've seen both beauty in all races there as well as everywhere!
    Why take offense to someone else's personal preference or experience in life?

California has a almost majority Hispanic population with Mexican women who range from tall light European looking women to short darker skinned beauties who obviously have more Aztec and Maya lineage. No offense to any other race, but Mexican women are simply such gorgeous women. The most beautiful I have ever seen without makeup or anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,929 Times in 4,658 Posts
    My Mood
    Hot

I love how #LARain is trending on Twitter right now. Lol!
    Makes me #Homesick cause L.A. is so full of itself, and it's nice to be that way too every now and again.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There are sooo many ethnicities of female beauty in CA. I grew up around Armenian, Assyrian, Latin, Asian & Portuguese girls. We have pretty funny compliments for the kinds of beauty present there. On the other hand there are so many beautiful women there that men are spoiled. There is always a new girl or the babysitter waiting around the corner if your man gets bored.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post
    I love how #LARain is trending on Twitter right now. Lol!
    Makes me #Homesick cause L.A. is so full of itself, and it's nice to be that way too every now and again.
    All over the news....STORMWATCH 2017!!! Haha!

Thanks

Let me reiterate my apology if my post seemed to generalize LA or Californians. I only lived there for 6 months so I have a brief view, not the perspective of a long time resident. I'm only stating, in agreement with Snuffle, that class warfare does seem to be particularly strong there.

Still, there are many places in the world where class warfare is much worse.
    Where am I? Florida

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast