Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2018 Computer Shopping Guide For Cammodels

Thanks
    Thanked 8,247 Times in 3,009 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: 2018 Computer Shopping Guide For Cammodels

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    Yeah I was going a bit crazy yesterday and about to blow the massive tip my slave gave me on a new lappy. Then my hubby reminded me my current beast of a lappy is 32gb, 1tb, latest i7 and latest graphics card so i am better off getting another monitor for it and editing on that at home, then sticking with my original plan to get something portable to do stuff on the go with. So I might go for the surface pro after all, and maybe even just the 4 rather than the 6. I hate computer shopping, i can never decide!
    Totally forgot to report back on this. I DID get the surface pro 6 and it's AMAZING! I have been using premiere pro at the same time as after effects and having multiple browser windows open at the same time. It does not miss a beat. It takes amazing pics and automatically creates these cool little video previews from your media. And it's sooooo freaking small and cute, I take it everywhere now

Tip-activated toys for camgirls

if no one is complaining about the price, the price is too low!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,576 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

�� �� thank you so much !! That’s what I was looking for. I’m in a crunch and can’t wait to order one so I’m overpaying at BB

And apparently SW has been storing emails that I deleted from my inbox. I will get that cleared up once I have a laptop up and running. Thank you ladies again!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,721 Times in 5,144 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Fox View Post
    Can someone please tell me if there is an update to the original link ? I tried it and it’s not working- I also searched on the Boleyn site and can’t find it My laptop crashed and I need to buy one ASAP - thank you in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    Here's a more recent article for Computer Shopping and what to pay attention to https://boleynmodels.com/blog/comput...for-cammodels/

The older article is here https://boleynmodels.com/blog/black-...for-cammodels/
    �� �� thank you so much !! That’s what I was looking for. I’m in a crunch and can’t wait to order one so I’m overpaying at BB

And apparently SW has been storing emails that I deleted from my inbox. I will get that cleared up once I have a laptop up and running. Thank you ladies again!
    I've updated the original post. Getting a computer at Best Buy is still a good option when you do the homework. Use it for a few days and then you can return it directly if it's not up to par. I used to be afraid to order computers from Amazon but it turns out the return policy is super quick...if it's under their warranty. It took 5 days for a return, refund and a new delivery.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Ughhhh - I was going to buy the ASUS ROG Strick Scar Edition i7- 16g 1tb 128ssd with a 1060 6gb graphic - but - after reading the reviews on Newegg to many overheating reports and loud fans - my previous laptop was a Lenovo and I never had a problem with it until this and it’s 7ish years old - trying to breath and regroup - just super bad timing for me to lose my laptop but I dont want to panic and blow 1k on a bad decision -

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikki_Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Ughhhh - I was going to buy the ASUS ROG Strick Scar Edition i7- 16g 1tb 128ssd with a 1060 6gb graphic - but - after reading the reviews on Newegg to many overheating reports and loud fans - my previous laptop was a Lenovo and I never had a problem with it until this and it’s 7ish years old - trying to breath and regroup - just super bad timing for me to lose my laptop but I dont want to panic and blow 1k on a bad decision -
    What exactly did your laptop do? You may just need to do a reset. You can either do a reset that wipes out all files or a reset that saves files, but wipes out all programs.

I just recently reset a 6 year old Lenovo P500 with a 3rd generation I7 processor and it can still handle live streaming, encoders and some video games.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

It would not boot up - when you turn it on it goes to “Preparing Automatic Repair” then a black screen - we tried to open it using another operating system but couldn’t get past the security so we pulled the harddrive and tethered it to another computer and got all my stuff off of it and then onto a backup - I thought I had my recovery key for Windows but I can’t find it since My move so I called Lenovo to get it thinking they had my info but they didn’t - so I’m waiting for my son-in-law to call me back with my serial numbers in the am - I left my laptop at his their house - it may be salvageable I’m not sure yet- an upgrade was on my list for this summer and keeping this Lenovo as a backup - I have to have a laptop for my vanilla job too - for it to go down now though was just bad timing - March is a shitty month for me financially- car tags/ insurance - my professional license renewal dues etc....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Smiley Re: 2018 Computer Shopping Guide For Cammodels

update - I ended up buying the ASUS I mentioned above - the others were either out of my price range or had some sort of issues on the reviews too so..... Just got it up and running tonight and Im loving it so far - cant wait to cam with it tomorrow

The hard drive is cooked on my old Lenovo - im going to replace it once I recoup a bit of money so I have a backup

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread

Edited to Add - had no clue that this laptop did not have an Ethernet port Apparently thats a thing now - I didnt bother to look for one since I assumed they were standard on a laptop - a trip back to Best Buy and 25.00 for an Ethernet adapter and all is good -
    Clients definitely noticed the difference on skype
    Last edited by Nikki_Fox; 03-19-2019 at 09:41 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nikki_Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,928 Times in 8,770 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I went on http://www.newegg.com & was eyeing a cam. I looked @ cams also on best buy, but they're high there. I may go check out their laptops

But, then I started looking @ laptops, I want win8, I have a refurb lenovo, & an Asus (win10) neither of which I like.

LIFE
    Doesn't allow us to go back & fix what we've done wrong in the past, but it does allow us to live each day better than our last.

I live in an small apartment with my cat.
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,086 Times in 2,086 Posts
    My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    I went on http://www.newegg.com & was eyeing a cam. I looked @ cams also on best buy, but they're high there. I may go check out their laptops

But, then I started looking @ laptops, I want win8, I have a refurb lenovo, & an Asus (win10) neither of which I like.

Anything at Best Buy is more expensive than online. Go to Best Buy and find the laptop you want and look for it online. IMHO, Windows 10 is better than Windows 8.
    "Last night I told you numerous times I loved you.....I just didn't say it out loud." - JGB2009

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elektra Luxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I paid about 200.00 more for mine at Best Buy than if I had waited but I needed it right away for my vanilla job

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikki_Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,928 Times in 8,770 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Arrow Re: 2018 Computer Shopping Guide For Cammodels

Quote Originally Posted by Elektra Luxx View Post
    Anything at Best Buy is more expensive than online. Go to Best Buy and find the laptop you want and look for it online. IMHO, Windows 10 is better than Windows 8.
    YESSSSS! Win10 Blows!^
    LIFE
    Doesn't allow us to go back & fix what we've done wrong in the past, but it does allow us to live each day better than our last.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,759 Times in 1,043 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

i read windows 12 (they are apparently skipping 11) is supposed to be coming out in the beginning of the year (so like now? i have a feeling its delayed) but i'm trying to hold out on getting a new pc till then.
    "Achieving success is a challenge but so is struggling so you may as well choose success."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to h0ttie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi ladies

i have been reading through the posts on here as i need to look to get a new laptop, currently using a hp i7 dual core processor, splitting three sites, two just cam it sites and sm with the new sm connect. Problem is sm is really cpu heavy and now with the new connect its messing up my other sites so need a new laptop. What would be the best laptop to purchase so i could run these three sites and possibly add another two more without it compromising my streaming quality

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Joijoijoi View Post
    Hi ladies

i have been reading through the posts on here as i need to look to get a new laptop, currently using a hp i7 dual core processor, splitting three sites, two just cam it sites and sm with the new sm connect. Problem is sm is really cpu heavy and now with the new connect its messing up my other sites so need a new laptop. What would be the best laptop to purchase so i could run these three sites and possibly add another two more without it compromising my streaming quality
    whats your budget?
    "Achieving success is a challenge but so is struggling so you may as well choose success."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

okay so i have been researching computers like craaaaazy. is 8 core / 16 thread the best that can fit in a laptop?? it's the highest i have found

this is the one i'm really considering. its expensive,just under $4k but i realllllly don't want a desktop.

Processor: 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-9900K (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.0Ghz w/Turbo Boost)
    Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2070 8GB GDDR
    Memory: 32GB, 2x16GB, DDR4, 2400MHz
    Hard drive: 512GB RAID0 (2x 256GB PCIe M.2 SSDs) + 1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive

does anyone know if this is powerful enough to run 2 versions of FMLE and 2 versions of OBS ...would upgrading the graphic card or memory to 64 GB help me splitcam more sites??? i really need a splitcamming monster lol

heres the link incase, i selected the better processor and more memory
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell.../wnser7cr5103h

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to h0ttie For This Useful Post:

I live in an small apartment with my cat.
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,086 Times in 2,086 Posts
    My Mood
    Angry

^^^
    If money is an issue, max out your video card because that's more difficult to upgrade later. You can easily upgrade your RAM memory later yourself.
    "Last night I told you numerous times I loved you.....I just didn't say it out loud." - JGB2009

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elektra Luxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by h0ttie View Post
    okay so i have been researching computers like craaaaazy. is 8 core / 16 thread the best that can fit in a laptop?? it's the highest i have found

this is the one i'm really considering. its expensive,just under $4k but i realllllly don't want a desktop.

Processor: 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-9900K (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.0Ghz w/Turbo Boost)
    Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2070 8GB GDDR
    Memory: 32GB, 2x16GB, DDR4, 2400MHz
    Hard drive: 512GB RAID0 (2x 256GB PCIe M.2 SSDs) + 1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive

does anyone know if this is powerful enough to run 2 versions of FMLE and 2 versions of OBS ...would upgrading the graphic card or memory to 64 GB help me splitcam more sites??? i really need a splitcamming monster lol

heres the link incase, i selected the better processor and more memory
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell.../wnser7cr5103h
    You'll be able to operate the Hubble Telescope with this set up. Splitcamming shouldn't be an issue. But WHY not a desktop? You would be able to cut down on the the cost if you had one built.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 463 Posts

Hey, so I'd like to offer some quick feedback:

I recently bought a new computer with an AMD Ryzen processor. Specifically, the Ryzen 7 2700x. It's AMAZING how blazing fast these things are!

My specs are the following:

* AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    * 32GB of DDR4 RAM @ 3000MHz (2 sticks of 16GB each in dual channel).
    * Nvidia RTX 2060 graphics card
    * One 256GB NVME high speed Solid State Drive.

Man, this thing can handle multiple sites at once AND play videogames at the same time no questions asked! Mind you, for Streamate I'm using their new interface, SM Connect with the web encoder, but it's quite well optimized and it looks like they did a good job with WebRTC (The HTML5 tech behind the interface).

So yeah, for this year I'd recommend trying AMD Ryzen. They're a GREAT bang for the buck!

AMD is releasing new CPUs soon, so keep an eye on that.

EDIT: Below is an example of a build you could order with IBuyPower, which is quite a great bang for the buck!

eNN7GhW.png
    r2QLJyP.png
    Last edited by KarinaGiselle; 04-21-2019 at 12:00 AM.
    Camming PC specs database and suggested builds HERE.||Post your internet speedtest results HERE.||Wanna stay safe while camming? Find out how HERE||My Twitter!||My cammodels link||Member of the verified Camgirls group

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KarinaGiselle For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567