Thread: Getting undressed offstage

Thanks

Default Getting undressed offstage

This is a trend I am seeing more now; a dancer starting her stage set dressed, then going off stage to take off costume bits then come back on stage to dance.
    What happened to the sexy removal of the costume? The tease part. Is there a reason for this?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gelsey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,324 Times in 6,517 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Default Re: Getting undressed offstage

Idk, never heard of it & to me it sounds weird!

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,121 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I am completely pulling this out of my ass but maybe they were having their clothing stolen off the stage? It has happened to me before.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 765 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    I am completely pulling this out of my ass but maybe they were having their clothing stolen off the stage? It has happened to me before.
    This was one thought. ^^

I know when buying old feature costumes they will often have in the listing that the costume "never touched the ground"- usually stuff with hand beading etc that would be damaged if the dancer dropped pieces on stage. So they'd have somebody offstage they were handing pieces to.

I'm not sure why a regular dancer would do it other than sometimes I'll see girls wearing pants or chaps without zippers so they'll slip those off out of view if they don't remove sexily easily. Or theft as Gia mentioned.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    Maybe for one club, but one was an upscale gown club....how would you steal a gown! sneaky people!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJa View Post
    This was one thought. ^^

I know when buying old feature costumes they will often have in the listing that the costume "never touched the ground"- usually stuff with hand beading etc that would be damaged if the dancer dropped pieces on stage. So they'd have somebody offstage they were handing pieces to.

I'm not sure why a regular dancer would do it other than sometimes I'll see girls wearing pants or chaps without zippers so they'll slip those off out of view if they don't remove sexily easily. Or theft as Gia mentioned.
    That makes sense. I know girls that do burlesque that have a stage hand take their items.

Hard to remove items makes sense too (learned that the hard way with yoga pants and boots, sitting on a stage isn't cute)

But a bra, dress or bikini is totally doable on stage.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,369 Times in 1,120 Posts

I did that when I was a baby stripper and was afraid if I tried taking my clothes off on stage I would trip lol.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,324 Times in 6,517 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Oh, ok, I get now..I think. Makes sense.

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

Veteran Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks

i do it with certain outfits. i have some dresses, body suits etc. that look really cute but are awkward to take off.like, sometimes i can whip them off real smooth, but occasionally they get caught on stuff and i just don't wanna risk looking stupid tripping all over myself trying to get my clothes off. its happened before and the 20 seconds it took to free myself felt like an eternity.

Thanks

we don't really strip at my club other than tops...and they have to go back on once offstage

Thanks
    Thanked 14,972 Times in 4,939 Posts

I've never heard of this. It sounds super bizarre. What is gained by going off stage? You can always toss your clothes to the back or middle of the stage where they can't be stolen (right?). You can always take something off as slowly as you need to on stage to ensure you don't trip, right?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I saw one feature dancer do this once, but she's stick limbs out through the curtains or poke her fingers between and drop an article of clothing she removed. In that instance it was really sexy because she was still teasing. You couldn't tell if she just dropped a glove or her thong, but you were waiting to find out. At the end she stuck her head out and looked at the audience with fake shock they were there. The dj made a big fuss about it, telling everyone to throw some money to see if we could coax her out. It worked, the crowd went wild and threw a lot of money before she came back out.

I also saw someone use big fans to cover herself when her costume didn't come off sexy. She'd hold the fan in front of her, or have another dancer use both fans to create a little box around her while she got undressed.

I think if someone needs to go off stage to get undressed they should still tease the crowd like the first woman did. I think it might not work as well if you aren't a feature dancer or have a good crowd ato your stage or a very good dj.

Senior Member hometeam-showgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPuppet View Post
    I saw one feature dancer do this once, but she's stick limbs out through the curtains or poke her fingers between and drop an article of clothing she removed. In that instance it was really sexy because she was still teasing. You couldn't tell if she just dropped a glove or her thong, but you were waiting to find out. At the end she stuck her head out and looked at the audience with fake shock they were there. The dj made a big fuss about it, telling everyone to throw some money to see if we could coax her out. It worked, the crowd went wild and threw a lot of money before she came back out.

I also saw someone use big fans to cover herself when her costume didn't come off sexy. She'd hold the fan in front of her, or have another dancer use both fans to create a little box around her while she got undressed.

I think if someone needs to go off stage to get undressed they should still tease the crowd like the first woman did. I think it might not work as well if you aren't a feature dancer or have a good crowd ato your stage or a very good dj.
    Sounds like your feature was a burlesque performer.
    -----
    My name is Electra and I'm on a mission to dance in all 50 states.

hometeam-showgirl.tumblr.com

Thanks

I've never seen or heard of this. Seems odd. I haven't worked at any club that doing that wouldn't look extremely awkward. Interesting.