Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beauty Trends You're Over?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,500 Times in 4,943 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Default Re: Beauty Trends You're Over?

People removing too much eyebrow hair to the point where they barely have any eyebrows only to draw them shits back in an obviously unnatural looking way.

drawn-eyebrows-1.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,200 Times in 1,312 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by JessaJade View Post
    Men are just clueless about this stuff. Like my ex telling me I shouldn't get my lips done because girls with injections looked stupid, and then saying shit like 'Lana del Rey's hot, her mouth is sexy'...fools.
    I could be wrong but I think Lana's lips are real. My lil sis looks SO much like her I have suggested on more than one occasion we call clubs to say she's coming an try to scam a VIP.

Glittery lips and crimped hair are still and always will be sexy. Fuck anyone who disagrees, lol. Ok, maybe not crimped hair so much but I bought probably 10 lipsticks this year. Mac is still doing a lot of lip glass with glitter in them. I got 2 orange ones cause the crazy, bold colors are still in and so is Matte (doesn't look good on me though- I like the VS ones they came out with).

Agreed high waisted jeans look bad. Khloe K has a lot of them in her denim line and I am not a fan. That probably looks "good" on me too because of my hip to waist but you won't catch me in a trend I don't like.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,350 Times in 2,124 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think Lana's lips are real.
    I'm gonna have to go with fake, they look like 'filler lips' plus here's her befores:

http://peopleknock.com/users/1/celeb...20surgery.jpeg

http://cdn.stylefrizz.com/img/lana-d...ic-surgery.jpg

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,500 Times in 4,943 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Oooh hers look really good. If I got fillers in my lips I'd want them like that. Subtle yet still pops out.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 1,636 Posts

^Yeah, Lana has had work done on her lips. But I love her lips and everything about her. She is so fucking gorgeous.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScarletKitten For This Useful Post:

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 671 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

As a blond im over this..Only super ashy tones in blond hair being acceptable..I realize brassy hair is tacky af , but there ARE other shades of blond besides ash..people even go as far as silver/grey/white/purplish blond. I miss seeing honey blondes, bright beachy blond, buttery blond, strawberry blond, etc. when I look up blond tags or go to salons they just assume everyone wants extreme grey ashy tones.
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    I'm gonna have to go with fake, they look like 'filler lips' plus here's her befores:

http://peopleknock.com/users/1/celeb...20surgery.jpeg

http://cdn.stylefrizz.com/img/lana-d...ic-surgery.jpg
    Now that is how you do lips. Her eyebrows look better too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    As a blond im over this..Only super ashy tones in blond hair being acceptable..I realize brassy hair is tacky af , but there ARE other shades of blond besides ash..people even go as far as silver/grey/white/purplish blond. I miss seeing honey blondes, bright beachy blond, buttery blond, strawberry blond, etc. when I look up blond tags or go to salons they just assume everyone wants extreme grey ashy tones.
    Yeah, I keep mine in the neutral range because I feel like the ashy colors are really aging and only look good on the right skin tone. I see a lot of unflattering blonde shades down here. And I'm really over the whole grey/white thing because it NEVER looks white or grey in real life, there's always still yellow undertones and that in my book is platinum. Which is great but girls wanna say it's white and it's not. Plus it looks totally fried which makes me cringe.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rareaspasia For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 Times in 1,134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    I've always been a more golden blonde and have tried so hard to get an ashy more white blonde. But I've grown to accept t that I'll always be more golden and that's okay! Lol. And with the ashy trend I guess mine is not a common hair color.

I'm sure this has been said but I'm over everyone copying the kardashians looks. There's a girl I work with who has that look down to a T and she's pretty but that style is just so boring now. Dark hair, fake light eye contacts, super contour and harsh eyebrows, overdrawn lips, etc.

And I guess everyone's over big fake bootys but not me lol I still want a BBL!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is probably a problem with my lips more than anything but matte liquid lipstick dries my lips out soooo much. Love the look, but totally not sexy when your lips feel like sandpaper.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CandySora For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,611 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think Lana's lips are real. My lil sis looks SO much like her I have suggested on more than one occasion we call clubs to say she's coming an try to scam a VIP.
    I worked with a Lana Del Rey look a like this year. They do exist.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The ginormous "on fleek" Kim Kardashian eyebrows.

Too much contouring/highlighter. I'll admit, the right amount and the right blending can make my face look amazinggg. But it's just gotten ridiculous.

Lining/putting lipstick on the outside of your mouth to make your lips appear larger. WHY?!?!?? We can see where your lip lines end!!! Lmao

Too much lip filler. Now I'm not a hater at all. I use Botox every 3 months and get a syringe of Juvederm in my lips twice a year because I literally have no top lip and a naturally huge bottom lip. But I'm talking about the girls who's lips are wayyyy over injected. Thanks for this trend, Kylie Jenner. I guess she can also be thanked for the awful trend I mentioned right before this one, lol.

Heavy bronzer. It's winter and we do not have a beach where I live. Just stop it!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kb109 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Eye brows too thin or drawn

Everyone trying to be plastic

Extra long (like past mid back) weave/hair

Dark skin women being shitted on

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msjoiparker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Everything in this thread pretty much covers it, but yeah I can't stand all these crazy nails. I mean Duck feet, furry, bubble, and I HATE stiletto. Freaky nails not my thing.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RyanXO For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,153 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Dry liquid lipstick lips with shiny cheeks and super done brows eww.
    xoxo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 535 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

It's almost like too much of everything now, like make up is taken to the extreme where it's not just enhancing your look it's literally like making people look dramatically different to the point where when you take it off someone would probably be like ... wtf.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to persianprincess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,350 Times in 2,124 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by persianprincess View Post
    like make up is taken to the extreme where it's not just enhancing your look it's literally like making people look dramatically different to the point where when you take it off someone would probably be like ... wtf.
    Exactly, they're literally wearing a mask. Also I might be fucked up in the head or biased because I hate putting on and wearing makeup, but when I see women go to such extremes with their makeup I wonder why they don't just go and get some plastic surgery instead? I just feel like it would save them so much TIME. Like I'll watch a tutorial where someone is showing how to make their lips look bigger with makeup and they're like 'First we're gonna do this, then this, then put this on, then put this on that, then put this outside of that, then layer this over this, then put this here, then blend this part right here, then put this over this part......' and I'm just like "OH MY FUCKING GOD JUST GO GET YOUR LIPS INJECTED." Or when women feel like they need to contour the crap out of their nose every time they leave the house, I feel like if your nose bothers you that much to where you feel like you have to do that every day to look good it might be time for a rhinoplasty or something. But I guess some people are scared of surgery or don't like the permanence of it, and some people actually love makeup and the process of putting it on. I'm one of those people who likes to be out the door in five minutes flat though and the idea of doing all that actually gives me anxiety.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Extreme highlighting
    Oh yes. Those shiny pointy noses are hilarious
    Or those highlights under the nose when it looks just like she's having a runny nose
    b57bf02b-38a9-4363-b69d-bc12308554eb.png

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I am fed up with contouring, I don't really need it. It has only become big when Kim K was doing it and then all of the you tube stars were doing tutorials on how to do it. It is time consuming and makes you look far too bronzed. It is another makeup gimmick that every girl thinks they need.

Oh and the round makeup sponge which has been hitting the shops since two years ago. I purchased one in December and I have to pat it around my face which is time consuming I prefer using my foundation brush as it is much faster.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Camillauk View Post
    Oh and the round makeup sponge which has been hitting the shops since two years ago. I purchased one in December and I have to pat it around my face which is time consuming I prefer using my foundation brush as it is much faster.
    I agree it's time consuming but it does look better

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123