Thread: First week and VIP

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Dizzy First week and VIP

So Ive recently finished my first week as a stripper and earned 500 over the 3 days which I get the impression is average for the club (live in the uk)

Since then I got the flu and then went home for Christmas as I am a university student but Im back working next week and want to improve as I made a fuck ton of mistakes. Ive bought more appropriate outfits for the club and, been working on my dancing and Ive realized I need to be waaaay more flirty.

But one thing Im stuck on is selling VIP, I havnt sold any so far. Ive tried selling to every customer who bought a dance or was curious about VIP by just telling them what it was: 50 for half hour with the choice of either hiring the room for 50 or buying champagne starting at 95 plus a dance which I know now was a shit way of trying to sell something and of course they all said "No Id rather talk to you at the bar". The dances at my club are fully nude podium dances with no contact. The only difference in VIP is that there can be contact but only if Im wearing an outfit. My problem is that VIP is 100+ and in all honesty I dont understand why anyone would want to fork out that much just to sit next to me for half an hour.
    I have Borderline Personality Disorder and because of this Body image has always been a huge problem for me and I can see how this is effecting me in selling VIPs, I dont believe Im worth it, and the customer can see that I dont believe I am worth it, therefore not buying VIP. Has anyone else struggled with this and how have you managed to build up your confidence?

I think other things holding me back that week were that it was a pretty bad week for me mental health wise and also eating disorder wise (I looked very scraggy) and the fact that my scars from selfharm dont cover very well even with dermablend which confuses the customers and got a few queries on.

Other random things is that customers repeatedly told me that I look 16 (Ive just turned 20) and that I look like Twiggy. I dont see how either of these are compliments?!

(also tipping isnt really a thing in the uk and the customers at my club go from having nothing, as entry is free, to being big spenders)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,785 Times in 2,656 Posts

Default Re: First week and VIP

Quote Originally Posted by bunnydoll View Post
    My problem is that VIP is 100+ and in all honesty I dont understand why anyone would want to fork out that much just to sit next to me for half an hour.
    This is your biggest problem and until you can overcome it, you'll have a hard time closing sales. You have to believe in the product or else you can't convince the customer that it's worth buying.

I'm a little confused by your numbers (a second problem in sales since you want to keep it simple and just give the total cost, not give tons of options and prices), but breaking down the math, VIP in your club is a great deal for the customer. Assuming dances are 20 a song (3.5 mins), half an hour is 8.5 songs, which should really cost them 170 -- even if songs are only 10 at your club, it'd still cost them 85. The structure was the same at the club I worked at in Edinburgh and truthfully, I didn't find selling VIP to be worthwhile because of how big of a deal it was for the customer. The only benefit to you is knowing that you're getting a set amount out of that customer, but I found it easier to either stack dances to get that amount or set my own, much higher price for VIP.

There are tons of threads on here about selling VIP, champagne rooms, and blocks of time, so search for those to get some sales tips, but the #1 thing you can do to increase your sales is change your attitude about them. You deserve the amount you're asking for and the customer is lucky to spend time with a beautiful, sexy, interesting, etc., etc., woman like yourself.

Looking young and being thin are indeed both compliments and good assets in the strip club, so accept them as such. Customers will give you far weirder compliments than that down the line!

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shanna dior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hmmmm first thought is to wrap it into your dance pitch; since there is contact "we can have a snuggle before I strip down for you"
    The other is that the room is "free" with champagne purchase (if i understand your post correctly) pitch to customers who are out celebrating, treating themselves whatever.
    You may not feel like "civilian" you is worth it, but "dancer" you is not the same. Believe in your product!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gelsey For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

50 for half an hour?! That's so cheap

But yes what others said are true. You need to believe you're worth it. Fake it until you make it.
    Also I would say things sexually "we can get super naughty in there" or my favourite "let's go to the next level. We can be more intimate in the VIP" etc
    Also I would just say a set price "it's 100 for half an hour unless you want champagne then it's 145. And then we can have a champagne party!!!"
    Saying so many numbers can be confusing TBH

Also I think twiggy is beautiful and a lot of guys like young looking girls so I would take those as compliments

Thanks

It can be a difficult sale, especially on days you aren't feeling your best. I have a lot of the same mental health problems you do, and I'm fairly covered in self harm scars. That doesn't stop me. When I get asked about them I'll say anything from 'I used to have some depression, but I'm all better now!!' To 'I was in an awful car accident, the windshield came inside the car.' To 'I like having freaky sex' the last one is a great opening for a hustle, but only for young, drunk or alternative men. Even when it's obvious I'm lying they don't call me out on it.

The way I get through work is forcing myself to feel confident. I always get on stage before approaching customers because I will watch myself in the mirror and compliment myself. I feel so much better once I get down, even if I wasn't tipped at all. It took me some time to get there, though. There's lots of days I don't make it into work because I looked in the mirror and couldn't find anything sensual underneath all the fat I imagine so I'm definitely not doing perfect, but when I'm inside the club you'd never guess how I've felt on my own time. Fake confidence has made me more money than my body ever has. Last week it took me less than 3 minutes to sell a $600 hour room because I looked him in the eye, had good posture and when he asked if that room was worth it I smiled and told him of course with such conviction he couldn't refuse. He literally told me that's what sold it, and why he went back with me when 5 other dancers had approached him and sat with him for at least 10 minutes each and were turned down.

Don't make $100 sound expensive. It is a bargain. How much is it, what do I get for it, etc.? 'It's $100 for an ENTIRE half hour of my UNDIVIDED attention, plus a free bottle of champagne' Is something that works well for me. Make sure they know why it's so much better than a regular dance. Being able to touch them in vip is a great hustle. Tell him about how you really want to rub your body all over his, how you want to feel his body/chest/etc., how you just can't get close enough to him in the regular dance room. Does he just want to look, or does he want to feel you pressed against him?

Also, play up the young thing. There is so much money to be made from it. When I first started I was 20, I'm 5'0 and pretty thin so I've always been told I look younger. Ido wear school girl skirts, hello kitty bikinis, pigtails, the works. I've changed to more lingerie in the past year, but I'll still skip across the stage, pout and twirl my hair to act childish. Old pervs fall for it every time.

Anyway, like I've said I understand the mental health problems you're having in this line of work. If you'd ever like to talk to someone, you can message me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrettyPuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thankyou all for the advice I'm back at work now and trying to hustle more,thanks for the suggestion of rewording it I need to try this out. I'm sorry you also have mental health problems prettypuppet thankyou for your support I hope you will be recovering soon x

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I feel like our prices are complex, I'm having am impossible time memorizing them, let alone making them sound fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,785 Times in 2,656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gelsey View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I feel like our prices are complex, I'm having am impossible time memorizing them, let alone making them sound fun.
    Pick 2-3 that makes the most sense for you and the club and just offer those. If you're confused upon hearing about them for the first time, that means customers will be too, and confusion doesn't help close sales. You want to have a basic dance price, an enhanced dance price (if applicable, for example the basic dance is topless and the enhanced is nude), and a VIP/block of time price (that you can increase incrementally based on however long the customer wants). Open with your most expensive option, go down to the second as a teaser/appetizer if they hem and haw, and only offer the basic as a last resort.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shanna dior For This Useful Post: