Thread: Should I even bother?

Thanks

Default Should I even bother?

I am from NYC but moved to Vegas...I dance in Vegas so I am not new to dancing. I come to NYC for weeks at a time to visit friends and family and I just started considering making money while I am here.

I have a fixed budget every time I visit and I understand that I am looking at $300 to start dancing (house fees, transportation, whatever else pops up) and as someone who isn't working, that is a chunk of change. Something else to consider, that it is January, usually a slower time for dancing I hear for NYC.

I also stupidly left my ss card at home in Vegas, so I have to go out my way to get a temporary one at the SS office. I am wondering if the clubs would accept it. Over the phone, clubs tend to be encouraging "Yes we are hiring! Yes, yes, yes..." then in person "Sorry we aren't hiring.." so I would like to hear from those who have experience with NYC. Most threads that I have searched aren't up to date.

My question is, should I just stay home and enjoy my strict budget? lol

Thanks

Default Re: Should I even bother?

If you dance in Vegas, you already have the clothes/shoes, are you in the city or somewhere else? Transportation within the 5 boroughs is nothing, if you're taking the metro north to CT or some shit, then it can get expensive, but taking the train TO work is way cheaper than a cab/uber both ways. Most clubs will give you your first nights house fee free. It shouldn't cost $300 to get started, even in this town.
    Savannah > Atlanta > Dallas > Austin > New York

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ShaylaSkates For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,356 Times in 1,406 Posts

Yes, ^ first night is free at almost all clubs. Some give you more than one night free so realistically if you never wanted to pay house fee and didn't mind auditioning/ doing orientation 15 times 15 nights in a row, you would never have to pay house fee and you can pick which club you like the best. Some clubs you will need a gown and that will run you like $120 but I mean other than that, don't you have short dresses, lingerie, or heels from your past dancing experience?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    Yes, ^ first night is free at almost all clubs. Some give you more than one night free so realistically if you never wanted to pay house fee and didn't mind auditioning/ doing orientation 15 times 15 nights in a row, you would never have to pay house fee and you can pick which club you like the best. Some clubs you will need a gown and that will run you like $120 but I mean other than that, don't you have short dresses, lingerie, or heels from your past dancing experience?
    I totally do. I have a long gown, short dress, lingerie....I also well have to stop at SS office, as someone told me a temp card is ok

Thanks

I attached a face and full body pic.

So I went to Ricks, my first choice....I got on stage and thought the audition went extremely well because I felt sexy, dancing went perfect, I even got tipped...but I got a no. Was surprised.

Then Sapphire- got a no.

At this point, I am starting to wonder about being a black dancer in NYC.. I try not to make things about race and I hate to say this but there were skinny white girls there that had a small belly (no problem with that) and was REALLY basic looking so I was sure I had this. I know its not all about looks but still...

Then Hoops- the house mom (who is extremely hot, wow) gave me her number and told me to come back, they just have too many girls....

At this point, I refused to go home empty handed, I didnt want my night to be a waste. I met a dancer at Hoops she told me she is going to her other club since Hoops was slow. Her other club is an all nude, non alcoholic club- something I would NEVER consider- I need my alcohol, man....but again, I refused to go home with nothing so I went.

I cannot believe I actually made it through the night with no alcohol lol! We went to Show Palace. It was very busy, I made good money and I didn't even get fullt nude, I am glad....but I am not going back, its not my style. I was going to find another place to go to today but since its snow storming, I'm going tomorrow to find another place....will report back.14563319_10208681704894398_3583107878051480139_n.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,031 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

You are super hot. I would consider going to CT if I were you.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Try the new Sapphire 39.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks guys..I am trying again tomorrow. I felt so alive dancing again...I haven't danced in forever. I am really surprised I even did it sober lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JoBee For This Useful Post:

Banned
    I decided I am going to keep him! Thanks for asking!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

This totally reminds me of Gwen Stefani - What you waiting for?... if you remember when Gwen Stefani was on the map, this was her first single from L.A.M.B (most famous song on there is Hollaback Girl). If you think about it, she was in her mid 30s then, and this was her first time venturing out from No Doubt. I bet she was scared when she was doing this, because she wasn't known as an artist but as a band at that time... it would be like Amy Lee becoming a single artist from evanescence *she should had done that*. I remember this time period so well.... she was like the female teen pop star between Britney Spears and Lady Gaga. (but she had a very urban following too with hits like Rich Girl and Luxurious) . She is the definition of a 2000s pop star *no signs of the late 90s or signs of the early 2000s* .... ANYWAYS MY POINT IS; You are hot, you can make it!!

"You know you're only known
    'Cause of your sex chromosome
    I know it's so messed up how our society all thinks (For sure)
    Life is short, you're capable (Uh huh)
    Oh oh oh

Look at your watch now.
    You're still a super hot female!
    You got your million dollar contract
    And they're all waiting for your hot track"

tumblr_nk563rYNa21tp5w7vo1_500.gif

Thanks
    Thanked 7,069 Times in 2,553 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Weird. You're hot, and I'm surprised you got a no. These clubs love to saturate/over hire girls. For them, the more girls the better.

Keep looking around. There are more clubs around town.
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - M. Monroe
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte. View Post
    time with a stripper is a luxury purchase.
    "I donít need the approval of people who donít approve of me"- George Michael

https://m.theanimalrescuesite.greate...58307C.ctg-f?1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DamnJolene View Post
    This totally reminds me of Gwen Stefani - What you waiting for?... if you remember when Gwen Stefani was on the map, this was her first single from L.A.M.B (most famous song on there is Hollaback Girl). If you think about it, she was in her mid 30s then, and this was her first time venturing out from No Doubt. I bet she was scared when she was doing this, because she wasn't known as an artist but as a band at that time... it would be like Amy Lee becoming a single artist from evanescence *she should had done that*. I remember this time period so well.... she was like the female teen pop star between Britney Spears and Lady Gaga. (but she had a very urban following too with hits like Rich Girl and Luxurious) . She is the definition of a 2000s pop star *no signs of the late 90s or signs of the early 2000s* .... ANYWAYS MY POINT IS; You are hot, you can make it!!

"You know you're only known
    'Cause of your sex chromosome
    I know it's so messed up how our society all thinks (For sure)
    Life is short, you're capable (Uh huh)
    Oh oh oh

Look at your watch now.
    You're still a super hot female!
    You got your million dollar contract
    And they're all waiting for your hot track"

tumblr_nk563rYNa21tp5w7vo1_500.gif
    Thanks for this! I had no idea she was in her mid 30s..I am self conscious about my own age.

Thanks

Did you get hired anywhere yet ?

Thanks

UPDATE-

So Hoops ended up calling me back, worked last night and it was a great night!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoBee For This Useful Post: