Thread: What to wear to auditions and any other advice

Thanks

Default What to wear to auditions and any other advice

I'm finally ready to give stripping a go after thinking about it for many months. I'm 20 so hopefully they'll accept that I'm not 21 yet. I've already spotted a few clubs I'm interested in but I'm super nervous. I'm a nervous person in general but I know how to put on a smile for show. I'm not sure what I should walk in wearing and how to approach the situation of asking about a "job" in this scenario. I've never even been to a club! It helps that one of the places I want to try says they are hiring, but I still would appreciate some tips. Do I wear a dress with lingerie underneath it or what? How do auditions go?
    Just wear something sexy right? Should I expect to have to take my clothes off in front of the manager and do some kind of dance? And believe me I have no experience but I still think this is something I can do.
    I won't lie I'm a little shy but when I get into the swing of things you could never tell. I always have been able to do the job at hand and put my shyness aside. I also like to show off my body so I'm not shy in those terms. Dancing and moving sexily with confidence will take some practice though, definitely!
    Also just curious how fit is everyone? I'm definitely in good shape but my stomach could be tighter/flatter. I don't know if I should hold off until I get my body perfect or work with what I got, which some may say I have nothing to change but I'm a perfectionist and I critique everything. Thanks in advance for any help

Thanks

Default Re: What to wear to auditions and any other advice

I'm not an expert but seems like you should at least visit a club before you try and work there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MzBlondie For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks

if it's a 21 and up club with alcohol, unless you're somewhere like texas, they're not gonna just "accept you" underage so you will most likely need to find a nude club for now just fyi

some places make you dance on stage for 1 or 2 songs. sometimes they will just ask you to strip down to a bikini and do a body check. like the other person said, i think it would be really helpful to check a few places out as a customer. see if you can find a male friend to accompany you, visit the club and watch what the other girls do(and tip them), maybe buy a lap dance. also as you are leaving you can ask the front desk girl when the best time is to audition. search and read thru the newbie board, there are lots of threads like this. its hard to say how the audition process will go exactly because its different at different clubs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Girl Anachronism View Post
    if it's a 21 and up club with alcohol, unless you're somewhere like texas, they're not gonna just "accept you" underage so you will most likely need to find a nude club for now just fyi

some places make you dance on stage for 1 or 2 songs. sometimes they will just ask you to strip down to a bikini and do a body check. like the other person said, i think it would be really helpful to check a few places out as a customer. see if you can find a male friend to accompany you, visit the club and watch what the other girls do(and tip them), maybe buy a lap dance. also as you are leaving you can ask the front desk girl when the best time is to audition. search and read thru the newbie board, there are lots of threads like this. its hard to say how the audition process will go exactly because its different at different clubs
    Yes. You are 20 and in most places, 21 and up clubs will not hire you if you are underage. You will also likely need an adult entertainment permit,. Again, check with management and ask about local laws, rules of the club, etc, GA had good advice.^^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Yes. You are 20 and in most places, 21 and up clubs will not hire you if you are underage. You will also likely need an adult entertainment permit,. Again, check with management and ask about local laws, rules of the club, etc, GA had good advice.^^

Thanks everyone, my birthday is in a couple months so I may just wait till then. I'm also going to try and visit a club tonight with my boyfriend, hopefully nothing shocks me. I just figured I had a good idea of what a club is like from everything I've seen and heard. But yeah I definitely should get more comfortable in that kind of atmosphere.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,431 Times in 1,130 Posts

I never went to a club as a customer before auditioning for the first time. What I did was I found one I wanted to work at and told the lady working there and she let me go on the floor and watch a couple girls on stage. Then I came back later for the actual audition.

Wear something sexy but not over the top sexy. Like something form fitting that shows off your body but not necessarily a tiny dress and heels.

For the actual audition bring stripper heels and a bra & thong set in a bag with you. Don't wear it under your clothes. But I've always left my bag in the car so I could at least go in and ask if they'll let me audition or not. If they say okay then I go get my bag.

Find out how licensing works in your city. You can just call a club and ask how it works or google it.

You don't have to wait till you're 21 to audition somewhere. And maybe working at a non alcohol nude club will be better to start in anyway. That's what I did and then when I turned 21 I transitioned to the alcohol clubs. They're just slightly different and it's good to not have alcohol available when you're brand new to strip clubs and nervous.

And don't wait till your body is 'perfect' to start. We're our own worst critics so that could take forever. Just go audition and start working and just work out and eat healthy while you are dancing. Your stomach will definitely get flatter and more toned over time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,091 Times in 4,969 Posts

I usually go with simple-sexy. Depending on the weather...I'll wear tight jeans with wedge-heel boots and a tank top / fitted blouse with my hair down and makeup on (not full-blown stripper makeup, but enough to highlight my natural beauty in dimmer lighting). In the summer, I'd wear short-ish jean shorts with wedge heels (I love wedges) and a tank top with my hair down and makeup done. Nails should always be looking great - toenails and fingernails. Legs shaved, of course.

The best way to go is to wear something that makes you feel confident and sexy. I look very sexy in a dress, but I never wear dresses, so wearing one to an audition / to check out a club would make me uncomfortable. I'd give off an uncomfortable / insecure vibe just because I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with what I'm wearing. So instead I dress in something that shows off my body, but in a way that feels natural to me. My aesthetic, just amped up a bit + hair and makeup.

Also, be ready to audition (shave!) even if you don't plan on auditioning. That way, if you decide "fuck it, let's get it over with!" you can actually go for it. Bring dancing clothes to change into (even if it's a simple lacy lingerie set from Walmart or whatever) and shoes.