Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mimi taking time off after NYE controversy

Thanks
    Thanked 12,049 Times in 6,376 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Default Mimi taking time off after NYE controversy

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 Times in 4,048 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Default Re: Mimi taking time off after NYE controversy

Yeah that sucks. I'd be paranoid after having a major snafu like that.
    Join The Group Below
    420 Chat
    Online Dating
    Tech Talk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

she needs to fire that manager of hers. since when do legendary musicians do reality tv shows? she needs all new management, & to drop a sickening album. & she also needs to treat the NYE debacle as she does JLO, don't acknowledge it.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OHITSRIRI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 2,640 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Maybe she's going to take that time to train her vocal cords? I heard she hasn't been able to hit that high note in a long time/sing like she use to... who knows? So basically, the fans are paying to see diva-ness. No real singing. Lol.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,166 Times in 663 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

She's legendary, had a great career, household name, etc so if I were her I'd just retire with my millions and spend time w my kids on tropical islands or whatever rich people do LOL , kinda like "quit while you're ahead"
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    She's legendary, had a great career, household name, etc so if I were her I'd just retire with my millions and spend time w my kids on tropical islands or whatever rich people do LOL , kinda like "quit while you're ahead"
    You know, great point really, & would seem the obv thing for her to do? I feel she needs/wants the spotlight..or maybe trying to overcome the breakup (I forget the guy's name). I also read she reeeallly spends big, like thousands for her dogs alone, this's monthly mind you.
    Sometimes they can lose their voice altogether, it happened to Julie Andrews, of course she's much older.
    I read about a concert of hers not too long ago, & it said she couldn't always hit those notes anymore, she is what, late 40's now? It happens

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree and I feel the same about Madonna. Madonna was so amazing and pretty much defined the 1980s but now everytime she's in the news even though she still looks great her antics aren't flattering. Madonna should have quit in 1999 and everyone would have thought it was understandable as she was the end of that era of great music that isn't ever comming back.

That said, for many of these older pro athletes, entertainers and even x-military it's hard walking away from something you have done for so long because the lifestyle is part of your identity. In fact, going from a high profile life with a full schedule back to the civilian world has landed quite a few celebs in trouble and/or an early death.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyguy09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

idk.. I saw Mariah in vegas, & there was many acapella moments. she definitely hasn't lost her voice. but I don't think it's par with her hits of the 90's. she set the bar so high with her vocals in songs like "emotions" or "hero". what she needs to do is re-arrange the vocals to suit the current state of her voice. she has enough hits to chose from so that shouldn't be a problem. also, she's achieved probably everything there is to achieve in music, & set so many records & standards, at this point it's probably more so about the money & supporting a lifestyle she's become accustomed for more than half her life now. being that rich is fucking expensive lol.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OHITSRIRI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,974 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I agree, she is the GOAT and it's a shame that her image is deteriorating so much.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    I also read she reeeallly spends big, like thousands for her dogs alone, this's monthly mind you.
    I have too, I heard that her fiancee dumped her because of her insane spending habits. I think she needs her own reality TV show where she mentors new talent or something, because her heart really doesn't seem like it's in performing anymore but it seems like she still needs the dough. People still love her and respect her so I feel like people would watch it, but she sounds like she is very undisciplined and hard to work with though so trying to do a TV show might be a nightmare to produce, I heard that her E series was shitty and that it mostly focused on her dancers.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,105 Times in 3,174 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Its kinda sad that some people think that because a woman gets old that she should go away and quit. Like for real? Ray Of Light 1998 changed my life. I agree maybe Madonna should tone things down maybe? But thats what she's known for, pushing things. She's responsible for so many musical fusions I just can't

Now Mariah a stronger vocal talent should maybe possibly work on her vocals more. I love her to pieces. She too has put out albums that will never get out of my heart. But I think her ego may have caused her to think that maybe she doesn't need to fine tune her instrument/voice. So now this is what we get. Hopefully whatever she does she goes back to the basics and exercise her instrument. I'm a person who relies heavily on my voice and I can tell you that when you let shit go it's a process to get it back.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 1,494 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    Its kinda sad that some people think that because a woman gets old that she should go away and quit. Like for real? Ray Of Light 1998 changed my life. I agree maybe Madonna should tone things down maybe? But thats what she's known for, pushing things. She's responsible for so many musical fusions I just can't

Now Mariah a stronger vocal talent should maybe possibly work on her vocals more. I love her to pieces. She too has put out albums that will never get out of my heart. But I think her ego may have caused her to think that maybe she doesn't need to fine tune her instrument/voice. So now this is what we get. Hopefully whatever she does she goes back to the basics and exercise her instrument. I'm a person who relies heavily on my voice and I can tell you that when you let shit go it's a process to get it back.
    I agree. Madonna's "Confessions on a Dance Floor" of 2005 was fucking amazing too. I notice that people mostly say this about women, that when they get old they should retire. They don't say that about men! Look at the Rolling Stones and all the other classic rock greats, people hardly ever say a man should retire from the music biz. lol. Damn double standards, seriously.

Oh, and Mariah still has the pipes. She has done shows recently and she can still sing. It was just the NYE show that went to hell because of her monitors not working. She couldn't hear her own voice, so she was totally thrown off. The first song she lip synced, but the next song was supposed to be sung live, and the monitors in her ears failed. I think she might have been a little drunk or high too, but that's beside the point. lol. Anyway, I don't think she deserves all this hate and backlash just because of one failed show. Jesus, people are so fucking mean and take this shit way too seriously. Shit happens. Move on. She is still a queen and one of the greatest vocalists of all time. Give her a break, people. Damn.
    Silly human. Proof is primitive. Reality is an illusion. Everything is just as real as it is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    Tits are great and everyone likes a nice pair. Babies, old fucks, women, men, gays, dogs, birds, ninjas, school kids, N. Korean dictators, aliens from Orion's belt, the Cadbury bunny, baboons. Literally every living thing likes boobs.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScarletKitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,363 Times in 2,640 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

If she still selling shows/tunes.. I don't think she should quit either. Plenty of singers keep going at it til they can't. She should quit when she wants to.

I'm not too crazy about her music, maybe two songs I like. But I'll give her that, bitch SANG. Unlike Jlo, who has no business throwing shade at Mimi. Her singing and acting is horrible...just a great dancer. Lol.

That high ass screech Mariah does seems hard to do, and it made her money. Now it's all auto tune voices with most singers.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Other women we should be thanking our stars for who have aged out of some peoples standards are Janet Jackson and Bjork. Janet Jackson & Madonna are the two who turned regular concerts into theatrical performances. Before Janet no other female pop artist had synchronized dancing in videos or concerts. Janet did that. Madonna saw it and picked it up. They all inspired one another. They made going to a concert like seeing a broadway show. Bjork made performance art interesting. To this day lots of these chicks are just emulating older acts but they don't seem to want to give them their props? They'd rather skip a generation and thank even older artist. It's like throwing the ultimate shade. Lady Gaga refused to cite Madonna as an inspiration. Like say what? Meanwhile she bit her style from another artist named Peaches. I love Gaga and Poker Face was my club anthem but not as original as people seem to think. I know this is about Mariah Carey but cut her some slack. She's been here all these years. How many times can you stomach a New Edition, New Kids On The Block, BoyzIIMen, Nsync reunion? No one puts those fuckers out to pasture even when they should. I hope I made sense when I posted this.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,166 Times in 663 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

I think it's that to me, they don't seem to be enjoying themselves anymore or bringing new stuff to the table w all their experience n the industry I do still think they have a lot to contribute,just different stuff. like just seems like some of them are going through the motions and don't have that "spark" or hunger anymore..like Jim Carey. Britney Spears is still very young but just looks like she's 100% done w the bullshit lol.
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

27. The Following User Says Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,776 Times in 2,298 Posts

I think Mariah should do sme Vegas residencies. It would be a win-win for her & Vegas, provided no sound board snafus happen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 312 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

I think she should go retire on an island and enjoy her life. She can't sing anymore. If it were Beyonce that lost her ear piece/couldn't hear or whatever, she would've kept the show going.

Beyonce has fallen off flights of stairs on LIVE tv, got up and kept the show going. Hell there was one time, her wig/weave got stuck in a fan and she sang while trying to get it out. Remember during the Super bowl when she almost busted her ass? That is what you call a performer. Look, Mariah's career is over. All that alcohol she's drinking has taken her voice. If you can't sing without background music and you're charging people to see you live, you're a con artist but it seems her fans are ok with the fuckery. Too bad, she was once a really great singer.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to fbsmgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    I think Mariah should do sme Vegas residencies. It would be a win-win for her & Vegas, provided no sound board snafus happen.
    She's been doing one at Caesar's since 2015: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number...esidency_show)

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    Other women we should be thanking our stars for who have aged out of some peoples standards are Janet Jackson and Bjork. Janet Jackson & Madonna are the two who turned regular concerts into theatrical performances. Before Janet no other female pop artist had synchronized dancing in videos or concerts. Janet did that. Madonna saw it and picked it up. They all inspired one another. They made going to a concert like seeing a broadway show. Bjork made performance art interesting. To this day lots of these chicks are just emulating older acts but they don't seem to want to give them their props? They'd rather skip a generation and thank even older artist. It's like throwing the ultimate shade. Lady Gaga refused to cite Madonna as an inspiration. Like say what? Meanwhile she bit her style from another artist named Peaches. I love Gaga and Poker Face was my club anthem but not as original as people seem to think. I know this is about Mariah Carey but cut her some slack. She's been here all these years. How many times can you stomach a New Edition, New Kids On The Block, BoyzIIMen, Nsync reunion? No one puts those fuckers out to pasture even when they should. I hope I made sense when I posted this.
    You brought up NKOTB. lol. That was my era, but being a guy I wasn't into boybands like that. You right though, the audience is generally more critical of women then men. It's the same in the news business where a male news anchor can have a much longer career.

Personally I feel many male bands also need to retire even though you might not believe me. I mean certain types of music has longevity like jazz and entertainers like the late Frank Sinatra, but pop, rock, and rap music that was mainly developed for teenagers seems out of place when the acts are now 40-60 years of age.

In the end, music today is just horrible and it's just so sad to see such a rapid decline across-the-board. Nobody has the talent like the older acts but yet they go around thinking they're the greatest just because they're on tour making tons of money. The days of REAL entertainers like Phyllis Hyman or watching the next musical artist on Downtown Julie Brown/MTV are over. For real, I feel sorry for the younger generation today that missed out on that. Hell, just going to the music store with your friends and buying that new cassette/CD was an experience in itself that can no longer be done.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckyguy09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fbsmgirl View Post
    I think she should go retire on an island and enjoy her life. She can't sing anymore. If it were Beyonce that lost her ear piece/couldn't hear or whatever, she would've kept the show going.

Beyonce has fallen off flights of stairs on LIVE tv, got up and kept the show going. Hell there was one time, her wig/weave got stuck in a fan and she sang while trying to get it out. Remember during the Super bowl when she almost busted her ass? That is what you call a performer. Look, Mariah's career is over. All that alcohol she's drinking has taken her voice. If you can't sing without background music and you're charging people to see you live, you're a con artist but it seems her fans are ok with the fuckery. Too bad, she was once a really great singer.
    Real talk.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyguy09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Thanks

I think she should move on from even discussing the nye incident. Pop culture has the attention span of a gnat, pretty soon they will forget, if they haven't already. Especially after a few good performances. Btw did anyone else catch her first performance since then? I thought she did a pretty good job

40. The Following User Says Thank You to OHITSRIRI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fbsmgirl View Post

I remember when J Lo fell during a performance. She Just Got Up AND Kept Right On going. That's a pro.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Huge difference between a jlo & Mariah Carey lol. One is a dancer whom relies on theatrics to put on a good show, while the other is a vocalist.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OHITSRIRI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

^^I never understood the J.Lo/Mariah comparisons. I was always under the impression that their beef had to do with Tommy Mottola drama, as far as talent you can't even make a comparison because they do completely different things. J.Lo is a dancer, Mariah is a vocalist and songwriter.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

[QUOTE=Luckyguy09;2954398]You brought up NKOTB. lol. That was my era, but being a guy I wasn't into boybands like that. You right though, the audience is generally more critical of women then men. It's the same in the news business where a male news anchor can have a much longer career.

Personally I feel many male bands also need to retire even though you might not believe me. I mean certain types of music has longevity like jazz and entertainers like the late Frank Sinatra, but pop, rock, and rap music that was mainly developed for teenagers seems out of place when the acts are now 40-60 years of age.

In the end, music today is just horrible and it's just so sad to see such a rapid decline across-the-board. Nobody has the talent like the older acts but yet they go around thinking they're the greatest just because they're on tour making tons of money. The days of REAL entertainers like Phyllis Hyman or watching the next musical artist on Downtown Julie Brown/MTV are over. For real, I feel sorry for the younger generation today that missed out on that. Hell, just going to the music store with your friends and buying that new cassette/CD was an experience in itself that can no longer be done.

No there is real music out there. But like my husband and many others are saying is Its Not On The Radio. You have to actively look for the good stuff now and days. Most of the stuff I've listen too I stumbled upon on social media. Some of them eventually blew up and others are still just plugging along but its out there. And many of these older industry acts are getting the business by some of the up and coming talent who've figured out how to produce their own shit without a label. It actually reminds me of the adult industry where many of us know how to make money without contracts.

Moxie Raia opened for Justin Beiber for more talented than he is but still trying to get out there. I could go on. This was in response to Luckyguy09 for some reason it wont let me quote him properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast