Thread: Need some advice

Thanks

Default Need some advice

Hello everyone!!! I need some help with an issue that happened. I just started before the holiday season so I'm still very new. I just started anew club that I'm more comfortable in and I think I committed a newbie sin. I tried keeping my head down but I didn't want to be rude and not talk back to the veteran girls, but one girl I began talking to was on another level that I'm not comfortable with. Shes not from here and she was talking shit about how TX girls don't make real money. Then she later talked about how I'm horrible on stage and tried giving me pointers about how to dance. Before that, I thought I was ok on stage but not as bad as she was making it. My confidence went down and customers could tell I wasn't in it when I went on stage. Things went from bad to worse when we were sitting with two customers and she was insinuating that she'd do extras outside of the club. Of course the guys were paying more attention to her and they all started being very rude. I faked a smile until my stage set then bounced asap. I would love to work with her as far as helping me with dancing, but I don't want customers to think I'd do extras just because I sit with her and it's hard to compete with that as far as trying to get dances. Please help me!!! I'm not sure how to handle this one.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,308 Times in 1,110 Posts

Default Re: Need some advice

Don't work with her. Dancing is a learn as you go job and I think most of us figured it out on our own. You don't have to completely ignore this girl but you can avoid her. If she talks to you you can respond but leave it at that. It sounds like she isn't even helping she just made you self conscious and it hurt your stage set. Everyone has an awkward newbie stage but it is temporary. I'm not saying that you shouldn't take advice from any other dancers because I know when I was new I heard some helpful things from veteran dancers. I just mean you dont need to have this girl 'take you under her wing' because she sounds like she'll only do more harm than good. Especially if she's doing extras.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 22lligm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,612 Times in 4,857 Posts

I'm polite to coworkers when i have to interact with them, but i only do so when absolutely necessary. Most of the time, i give off a vaguely pleasant but aloof vibe, making it clear that I'm in my own world and would prefer to keep it that way. I arrive ready to work and minimize time in the DR. I avoid eye contact with other dancers in a pleasant way...if that makes sense? I give off good energy, but it's pretty clear that I'm there to work and not make friends. If they say anything to me, i answer in a non-committal way or in short, positive sentences with no followup questions. I'm there for the customers. I'm very protective over my energy ITC. My energy is confident, positive, and closed off when it comes to other dancers. Works for me!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks ladies I really appreciate it. I figured it would help to receive pointers but the more she talked, the more red flags popped up. I want to make clean money, even if that means I have to work harder. The last thing I want is customers thinking I give out extras. Hopefully I'll build my confidence back up tomorrow while I'm working.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 929 Posts

She could have new girl hate and may be purposefully trying to throw you off your game. You can't always believe what the other girls say. Always listen to your gut. Focus on you, your dancing, and be polite, but don't get involved with the other girls. Keep a friendly distance. Some girls in this biz are PSYCHO and will say and do things to manipulate the playing field in their favor. Don't let them manipulate you. This girl sounds like someone you need to ignore and keep distance from.