Thread: Post partum binding

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 645 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Default Post partum binding

This may be a long shot, but anybody here given birth and then used binding to get their tummy muscles all pulled back together?? I'm not expecting/don't need the corset to make me lose weight or anything of course. I'm 5'5 and 126 pounds at nine months pregnant and I've been super careful about diet and exercise but my stomach muscles have separated in the middle to accommodate my baby of course and I want to make sure they come back together asap. With my first baby my stomach bounced back no problem, but I was a teenager and I'm 29 now.
    I hear bellefit and belly bandit are the best but damn they are expensive !! I'm willing to pay if it will work,but I don't wanna get suckered into some over priced gwyneth Paltrow shit.
    I'm planning on breastfeeding so I know that will make me bounce back a hell of a lot faster too, but I'm being induced this weekend and wanna get my belly band asap!!
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

2. The Following User Says Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Post partum binding

How long ago did you have your baby? I just had a baby 4 months ago and my stomach is completely back to normal. I bought a latex cincher from eBay and ended up never using it since I wanted to see what would happen naturally first; how my body will sort it out.
    "Strippers are like pet tigers. They are nice to look at but they are not for everyone."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Xplicit18 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,598 Times in 3,905 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Might was well. Women have been binding their body areas (stomach; boobs; etc) for many many years as a way to keep them tight and lifted.

Maybe consider some before and after pics. You could even make your post baby snapback into a side hustle and sell the belly bands to other women.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Xplicit18 View Post
    How long ago did you have your baby? I just had a baby 4 months ago and my stomach is completely back to normal. I bought a latex cincher from eBay and ended up never using it since I wanted to see what would happen naturally first; how my body will sort it out.
    I haven't had him yet, I'm 41 weeks so they are inducing this weekend. I just read that there's a limited time that the chemical "relaxin" is in your system and that's when the best time to bind is so it kinda "sticks" that way
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

Thanks
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,070 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

See if you can get a Colombian-style "faja"... you most likely can not wear it immediately after giving birth because they come down like a body suit or half-suit (with a crotch opening) so while you are experiencing heavy bleeding it probably will not be a good idea but they are used post-surgery to help the skin regain it's connection with the muscle.

http://fajascolombianaspostsurgery.com/?p=40

I'm happy to translate any of the comments or questions if you want. I would check with a Plastic Surgeon as well to see if it is ok. An OB/GYN will probably tell you not to...
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,646 Times in 2,243 Posts

I say go for it. I worked with a girl who has a couple kids & her midsection looks better than mine (& I've never had a kid.) She does corsets all the time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

^i googled fajas and ordered a belly one tonight that a site recommended, it was one I was already eyeing so I'm pretty happy about the purchase. 60 bucks is worth it for my body.
    I may try and do the bigger ones that go down the legs after I've healed a bit like you said, but definitely excited to see if I can get even smaller than pre pregnancy and have those muscles come back together so I can work!
    Should I google the question on real self or you think a plastic surgeon would answer if I called ? Just cause a lot up here won't answer any questions at all for free or give you any consultations for under like 150!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Assholes. Call one here. Say you are a former patient.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/strax-rejuvenation-lauderhill
    Vanidades Cosmetic Surgery Doctor & Clinic 1795 N University Dr (954) 474-8586

They also sell creams that you can use underneath it to tighten the skin and as you start to get small you can have the faja taken in by a seamstress who has experience working with them. I do not know of anyone specifically in your area but there is a place in RI.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Thanks!!
    Well it came in today and I love it, my stomach is already *surprisingly* almost flat again so this will really cinch things in place! Plus it feels good to have that support.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member absolutelyadorable's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

What type did you get if you don't mind me asking? I'm not postpartum or anything but I wanna get my belly flat and I need suggestions????????

19. The Following User Says Thank You to absolutelyadorable For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,608 Times in 930 Posts

Congratulations on the baby!! :-D Hope you guys are doing well!!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

^thank you!!
    I got belly bandit original , it supposedly has medical grade compression

Thanks

Wish I knew about this when I had my kid. I did Pilates to pull myself back in.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Maybe I should try that too!

Thanks

^^ do it! It helped not just with my core strength, but it made me relaxed and energized too.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Congrats on the new baby!!! Good luck with the binding. Let us know how it goes.
    XoXo Gia

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    ^thank you!!
    I got belly bandit original , it supposedly has medical grade compression

Congrats on your baby! Where did you order? I've been thinking about this already even though I'm not due until August. I think I'll snap back ok but then again, not a teenager anymore! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisa7513 View Post
    You can only make so much selling dances, but when you really get into a guys head and heart, you get into his wallet.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Danni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

^i ordered off belly bandits website! And between breastfeeding, keeping fit while pregnant, and the binding..my tummy is totally flat 3 weeks post partum !! I'm glad I bought that. But I wish I had ordered a size down because you wanna keep it extra tight

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

^i ordered off belly bandits website! And between breastfeeding, keeping fit while pregnant, and the binding..my tummy is totally flat 3 weeks post partum !! I'm glad I bought that. But I wish I had ordered a size down because you wanna keep it extra tight
    im gonna order rom there when i get taxes lol. did you get just the corset or the extra thing you wear under it too

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Violethollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

I just got the band and not the thing that goes under cause im cheap lol. Idk how well it's supposed to work if you don't have relaxin in your system but it's worth a try!

Thanks

That fajas thing is a SQUEEM just order directly from Amazon! My Squeem is from Colombia and says fajas on it.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninelives For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

My abs have almost come back together, think I have one finger width of separation still at 4 weeks post partum , you can only tell if I lie flat in my back and go into a crunch/sit up..I was warned not to do any kind of those exercises though cause it can cause more separation? I do 35 min of intense cardio a day , was thinking of doing some weights but I don't wanna fuck anything up and I keep hearing different things so it's confusing ! Maybe squats ? Or should I just hold off til my abs heal probably.

Thanks

My abs have almost come back together, think I have one finger width of separation still at 4 weeks post partum , you can only tell if I lie flat in my back and go into a crunch/sit up..I was warned not to do any kind of those exercises though cause it can cause more separation? I do 35 min of intense cardio a day , was thinking of doing some weights but I don't wanna fuck anything up and I keep hearing different things so it's confusing ! Maybe squats ? Or should I just hold off til my abs heal probably.
    Could you do Pilates? That way an instructor will help you through those ab exercises. Crunches and sit ups I wouldn't do at all.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninelives For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Had to delete my post but here is my response to you without photos ;
    This may be a long shot, but anybody here given birth and then used binding to get their tummy muscles all pulled back together?? I'm not expecting/don't need the corset to make me lose weight or anything of course. I'm 5'5 and 126 pounds at nine months pregnant and I've been super careful about diet and exercise but my stomach muscles have separated in the middle to accommodate my baby of course and I want to make sure they come back together asap. With my first baby my stomach bounced back no problem, but I was a teenager and I'm 29 now.
    I hear bellefit and belly bandit are the best but damn they are expensive !! I'm willing to pay if it will work,but I don't wanna get suckered into some over priced gwyneth Paltrow shit.
    I'm planning on breastfeeding so I know that will make me bounce back a hell of a lot faster too, but I'm being induced this weekend and wanna get my belly band asap!!
    Totally not a long shot, gave birth 9.5 months ago, I gained 50 pounds Late 30's. I tried that stupid belly binding thing, I literally bought it and paid someone to teach me to use it! So dumb. The best thing was the Squeem I purchased on Amazon I'll link you. Make sure you get the right size. I wore the belly bandit for the first 6 weeks, in addition to a hip corset to pull my hips back in. After about three months was when I started the Squeem. I'm now 125 lbs 5 7". My waist is almost back to 25" but I work out 3 times a week with Pilates for an hour and 20 mins of cardio. I had no Diastesis Recti, separation of the abs, if you have any you need to work on this through special exercises, Pilates might help. Squeem; https://www.amazon.com/Squeem-Perfec.../dp/B0020MMDZQ

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninelives For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I started Pilates when my kid was 18 months old. He kept jumping out of the damn stroller during our walks, so I switched to a gym with child care so he could jump around with other kids while I did Pilates. I loved pilates. It pulled me back in and like I said, kept me calm and energized. Especially great seeing that I was dealing with a rebellious toddler at the time.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post: