Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Give Me a Business Idea

Thanks

Default Re: Give Me a Business Idea

Quote Originally Posted by BurlesqueBaller View Post
    If your thinking of entering the E commerce world I suggest you do some theral research into the different markets your thinking of entering. The best way to obtain data as into how many times monthly people search keyword terms for your theorized product or service, Keyword planner in Google Adwords & SEMRush. Happy hunting!
    Great advice! Thank you very much!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,194 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Men are more willing to pay than women IMO based off the number of sites out there where only male member pay. Also, you do not need to be "accomplished" if you can sell yourself.. you know the old saying "fake it til you make it"
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyguy09 View Post
    I looked that up a while back and some of the top youtubers make some serious coin. The downside is that all the top youtubers content is just humor and silly entertainment. Nothing informative or educational and I just found it sad that a grown adult can film themselves behaving like kids that will get 1 million views but a pure educational channel will go unnoticed.

I'm just saying that's what I found in common with the sucessful YouTube accounts but by all means if a person is really funny and they want to work in the entertainment business go for it.
    Yes I was also quite surprised when I looked up the top youtubers and it was a lot of fluff! Just recently one of them lost a ton of endorsements for tasteless "humor" about Hitler. I mean really? So very undeserving to be making millions. One thing that is true is that if you are already known on a particular circuit for example; pick up artist or dating coach, then you can promote your business further through a YouTube channel.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninelives For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyguy09 View Post
    As a business owner with some experience and miles of pavement under my feet from actual door knocking and meeting hundreds of people face to face I would recommend starting a cleaning business. And if you would like to create a brand with it you can later on franchise the business like Jani-King.

In the 2000s to be a successful business owner your product either needs to be highly desirable like Nike, or it needs to be a vital service like sanitations. Everything else is sinking or has already gone out of business because people don't have the discretionary income due to their wages not keeping up with the cost of living and/or business can't compete with imported goods made in China.

I would also ditch any idea to open a brick and mortar store. Work out of your home, garage or storage shed before anything.

Since the internet and lack of young people with money to spend the malls, strip malls, and mom and pop stores around this country have been going under and are dying a slow death. It isn't the 1980s. We're seeing a whole breakdown of traditional retail right before our eyes and it's really sad.

thank you for the video! I was so very annoyed the last time I went to the mall to simply find a dress that I'm done with the mall! If I need anything I'm shopping for clothing online and in advance, no more shopping at the mall for that night. Stores don't even care to stock enough sizes anymore and they are literally always out of small or extra small.

Never thought of of a cleaning business and oddly I just had the girl who cleans our house every week for $20 an hour call in that she's not coming tmmrw with no explanation. I can't clean worth sh-t and hate it with a passion, literally I don't clean, does that matter?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Easiest? Cleaning business. (Legit, not "sexy" topless cleaning.) Get license/bond. Be able to write off your vehicle.

An ex-friend of mine has been doing this since she quit dancing & she's excelled. It's not stripper money but she built up something & it's solid. In time you can just manage the jobs & have a few employees.

Even better is HAZMAT cleanup. Costs more to start up but you can have more jobs than you can handle if you work in a large metropolitan area. The average HAZMAT worker who actually goes on site & does the work can make anywhere from $17-$25 dollars an hour pre-tax. Only real downside is looking at sad stuff, gross stuff & occasionally being exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you can handle a medical lab job & some heavy lifting you can be hired & trained very quickly.
    Lol if you meet me you would laugh at me getting trained to do Hazmat. For me Hazmat is changing dirty diapers, like I'm literally wearing gloves if they are available ha! You are definitely correct in that there is money in the stuff people find undesirable to do!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gia2608 View Post
    Men are more willing to pay than women IMO based off the number of sites out there where only male member pay. Also, you do not need to be "accomplished" if you can sell yourself.. you know the old saying "fake it til you make it"
    Yes, you're right. I have been contemplating this for awhile now. There are not many female PUA type coaches. A good friend of mine's husband is a coach and makes a great living off of his monthly subscriptions to his site. I want to make sure that this is my calling before I attempt it as I fear starting it and then realizing it's not for me and leaving a bunch of guys disappointed. As once I'm out online as a coach that becomes my "forever identity".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

No!!! Get other people to do the cleaning and just do the admin. In the 1908's my Mom had a cleaning co. she sold the business plan to someone who turned it into a franchise and they became very successful. My Mom was smart and a good business person but she always seemed to sell herself short or miss her mark, she never had the drive to take it the last mile. I am willing to PM you some of the ideas if you want; BUT it seems like you are going with this a the suggestion of others. If it is not something you are passionate about do something else.

If you do not like or know how to clean, despite the best business model in the world you will not be happy. I am not by any means a business magnate but I have had several businesses and I will make sure I know how to perform every function. I think you are on the right track with the dating/ relationship advice.
    XoXo Gia
    Danielle Fishell (the Dish): "If the Super-Star thing doesn't work out, Gia makes a great stripper name"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Ninelives View Post
    Yes, you're right. I have been contemplating this for awhile now. There are not many female PUA type coaches. A good friend of mine's husband is a coach and makes a great living off of his monthly subscriptions to his site. I want to make sure that this is my calling before I attempt it as I fear starting it and then realizing it's not for me and leaving a bunch of guys disappointed. As once I'm out online as a coach that becomes my "forever identity".
    Use a pseudonym. If you fuck it up you can come back as a new person and start over. However, if you start with free advice on Youtube you can not go wrong. Look at Jenna Marbles, for instance. I LOVE Jenna Marbles so I am not saying this as a dig but she posts videos of her talking nonsense and has a Sirus XM show and makes a lot of money. Google her net worth
    XoXo Gia

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gia2608 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No!!! Get other people to do the cleaning and just do the admin. In the 1908's my Mom had a cleaning co. she sold the business plan to someone who turned it into a franchise and they became very successful. My Mom was smart and a good business person but she always seemed to sell herself short or miss her mark, she never had the drive to take it the last mile. I am willing to PM you some of the ideas if you want; BUT it seems like you are going with this a the suggestion of others. If it is not something you are passionate about do something else.

If you do not like or know how to clean, despite the best business model in the world you will not be happy. I am not by any means a business magnate but I have had several businesses and I will make sure I know how to perform every function. I think you are on the right track with the dating/ relationship advice.
    I would love a PM, I don't think I'm cut out for cleaning or too much admin stuff unfortunately. I do think that passion and creativity in whatever I go into is very important. In a lot of ways the example of your mom would've been perfect if only it had been her who had turned it into the franchise, darn I could almost FEEL the disappointment; your poor mom; she sounds very smart though. That whole scenario reminds me of that movie " Joy". You're completely correct, one should always be able to do every part of their business ( if it's a small business) . Thank you so much!

Thanks

Use a pseudonym. If you fuck it up you can come back as a new person and start over. However, if you start with free advice on Youtube you can not go wrong. Look at Jenna Marbles, for instance. I LOVE Jenna Marbles so I am not saying this as a dig but she posts videos of her talking nonsense and has a Sirus XM show and makes a lot of money. Google her net worth
    I was planning on showing my face on YouTube but I guess I could use a fake name! I notice people either love or hate Jenna.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    It really doesn't work like that. IME successful business owners first become good at something and THEN try to monetize it. Most innovative ideas come from people who have experience in a particular product line or service. This experience teaches them how to sell the product or service and where innovation and competitive advantages may be achieved.

So my thoughts fwiw are this: find something you like doing and then become really good at it. Then, over time, ways to capitalize on it will become more apparent.
    Or capitalize on someone else's talent and hard work like Steve Jobs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rispy_Girl View Post
    I'll share some of my random thoughts, but it really depends on your interests.

Buy some apartments. It could be a small house that has been subdivided or a bigger one. Do your due diligence and consider what will need to be done in the next several years. In the beginning all the money should go back into the investment even if it's just going into the savings account in case things come up. Once the savings account is big enough and things are paid off repeat the process. This could also work for leasing houses. Once there's enough that a manager is needed you could find a friend or family member that you trust and train them up as a manager.

Another idea that I love is to refurbish a house with a wild theme. Hidden rooms, steampunk, under the sea mermaid, etc. and rent them as vacation homes. You have to design and make the house look like the fantasy dream which can be an investment of time and money, especially if you aren't doing it to your own house on your own, but I think it's fun. My hubby and I are planning this for our house once all base repairs are done.

Buy something and fix it for a profit. If you're technically inclined this is great. You can buy a lot of broken projectors on ebay and repair them and send them on their way. As you get better you get the more expensive ones, fix them and sell for a hell of a profit. There are all kinds of things you can do this with. Computers, TVs, projectors, watches, and just about anything else broken. Oh classic cars. You can find some serious deals on craigslist. You have to compare the cost of replacing everything to the price the classic can be sold at. Again a lot of work, but I've discovered that working on cars is kind of like meditating.

Do not try breeding. If you want to make money off that you have to go with expensive animals and you have to treat them right and it takes one unhealthy one to make a lot of vet bills. Breeding is best as a hobby, not a money maker.

Buy a business that is already established. I have relatives with an embroidery business and that one doesn't get hit hard even when the rest of the economy is in the shit hole. Everyone needs to outfit their employees.

Honestly if all you are trying for is earning money I think that camming and making clips is your best bet. No cap on your earnings and the community is friendly. Not taking shit also won't get you a bad name. You could invest in trying a new aspect of camming.
    Also try a hostel business. You'll make as much per room as a 5* hotel.

Join Airbnb

Join uber or lyft or taxifyas a partner and get someone else to drive

Buy a franchise

Open your own dive strip club. I think it's easy in America because you won't need a Liquor licence if it is all nude.

Open a one woman nail salon. Nail courses are quickest and easiest.

Start a hair weaving business. Again. Easy.

Get your own food truck.

Start your own hair extensions and wigs line.

Write an ebook

Open an eBay store

Thanks

I know it's illegal and a thus, a complete no-go. But I think it would be really cool to be an old, middle-aged lady who runs a brothel. I realize there are places like that in NV, but there are slowly dying away for a variety of reasons and there are problems with them, the major one being that they are primarily run by white men with money. There are plenty of places like that in NZ or Australia that are less restrictive and run by older women. I think it would be cool.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Our health as women is very important ...find out how you could start a business and make a fantastic income while helping women world wide https://www.facebook.com/iamnspired/ If you find value in this content I can be reached by phone 96-420-1694

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,364 Posts

Can you get a Stanley Steemer franchise?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,395 Times in 7,029 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Can you get a Stanley Steemer franchise?
    Pokey's a Snake Wrangler;

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,516 Times in 840 Posts

If you can handle dealing with hairy people, I know of a woman who does body waxing services for both men and women. She travels to their homes to do it and managed to make enough to be able to afford a nice house in an upscale area. She also does false eyelashes and makeup. I'm sure all of those combined are what makes her income. You could start your own sexy cleaning business(ie. topless or lingerie..nude, in my experience seems to cause people to think that "extra services" are on the menu) and hire women(although you could hire some sexy, hunk men too, I guess) to work for you to do the cleaning if you don't like to clean. I've thought about doing that since I already do lingerie cleaning myself but don't want to deal with all the hassle of owning my own business and having to deal with recruiting and managing others at this point.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,459 Posts

I'm currently looking at getting into growing medical MJ but finding trustworthy labor in that occupation is quite a challenge....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 590 Posts

Not to be a Donny Downer but everyone I ever knew who has "ideas" is broke as shit. These days you have to really know a field to have an idea worth anything. A business is about execution, not the idea. Unless you have the capital, the contacts, and the experience, you are just gambling.

Further, almost everything in the business world is counter-intuitive, I.e. not what you'd expect. Even ideas that seem air tight tend to not work for one reason or another.

IMHO? Go work in the accounts receivable department of a midsize business you admire. Learn everything there is to know about the business, its industry and its market. Then have the ideas.
    Where am I? South Pacific

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,247 Times in 3,741 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Oh my gosh thank you for providing me with a thread to spam you guys with my homeboy Simon Sinek. I used to work for a company that had him come out to speak to us. So glad I didn't skip out on this one. Vision Without Execution Is Just Hallucination -Thomas Edison

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,247 Times in 3,741 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Unless you're a wealthy investor no one can just give you a business idea. It has to come from within and through a process of knowing what drives you.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,395 Times in 7,029 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    Unless you're a wealthy investor no one can just give you a business idea. It has to come from within and through a process of knowing what drives you.

THIS, Right here!^

Quote HK: Remember, dick gets hard, brain shuts off, money flows from the pocket.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,944 Times in 2,809 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Photography work? A lot of girls in the business complain about CREEPY MALE photographers making them uncomfortable. Maybe look into that? I'm sure women who want to take sexy pictures, are gonna prefer a trusted female photographer.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    Photography work? A lot of girls in the business complain about CREEPY MALE photographers making them uncomfortable. Maybe look into that? I'm sure women who want to take sexy pictures, are gonna prefer a trusted female photographer.
    So true.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 590 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    Haha you mean the bearded guys with 1000 pockets who take "art nudes"?
    Where am I? South Pacific

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast