Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give Me a Business Idea

Thanks
    Thanked 6,203 Times in 2,459 Posts

Default Re: Give Me a Business Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Bahuba View Post
    Not to be a Donny Downer but everyone I ever knew who has "ideas" is broke as shit. These days you have to really know a field to have an idea worth anything. A business is about execution, not the idea. Unless you have the capital, the contacts, and the experience, you are just gambling.

Further, almost everything in the business world is counter-intuitive, I.e. not what you'd expect. Even ideas that seem air tight tend to not work for one reason or another.

IMHO? Go work in the accounts receivable department of a midsize business you admire. Learn everything there is to know about the business, its industry and its market. Then have the ideas.
    lol at Donny Downer. I know it's hard out there. The simple truth of being your own boss is that you have two jobs- running your business & then not allowing it to fail. Two full time jobs, much harder than just waiting on paychecks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,203 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bahuba View Post
    Haha you mean the bearded guys with 1000 pockets who take "art nudes"?
    lol. The rainbow of sleaze out there with male photographers is .......amazing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsr...k&spfreload=10
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Spray tanning, mobile or in your own studio or office. Very low investment to start, even with higher end equipment. No required school or certifications

Edible landscaping. There are many landscapers, but not too many that work with edible plants and trees.

Refurbishing furniture

Naturopathy/reiki/alternative medicine. The future is bright here because more people are boycotting big pharma.

Bee keeping, is a labor of love now but years from now honey will be worth its weight in gold

These are just a few of my ideas that I have interest in. I always think about starting a non adult business inn the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 534 Posts

If a job doesn't exist, then make one up.

Hire a living Elf on a Shelf: https://www.craigslist.org/about/bes...355818053.html

Weekly earning target: $1000
    Saving for: school, traveling, rainy day fund

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    What would "future you" want you to do right now?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cashmere Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashmere Star View Post
    If a job doesn't exist, then make one up.

Hire a living Elf on a Shelf: https://www.craigslist.org/about/bes...355818053.html
    hahaha he does babysitting! I wouldn't want to be that kid
    Where am I? South Pacific

God/dess
    Thanks

The best business to start is something that is well aligned to your passion. Only you know what your passions are.

Here is my own personal example: I love to travel and when I do, I always make notes of interesting, rare and curious objects I think it would be great to import rare items and sell them in the US (in a small brick and mortar shop, at art festivals, on Amazon, ebay, Etsy, etc.). I am very busy with my career right now, but, when the time is right for this, it would be a fun side business. And, if I hit the jackpot with anything I sell, I could also get into the manufacturing side of it, because I know some oversees factories that can reproduce nearly anything. Best of all, this type of business would give me the excuse to make frequent trips to exotic places and make uncle Sam subsidize a portion of my travel expenses.
    Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
    - Oscar Wilde

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack0177057 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by jack0177057 View Post
    The best business to start is something that is well aligned to your passion. Only you know what your passions are.

Here is my own personal example: I love to travel and when I do, I always make notes of interesting, rare and curious objects I think it would be great to import rare items and sell them in the US (in a small brick and mortar shop, at art festivals, on Amazon, ebay, Etsy, etc.). I am very busy with my career right now, but, when the time is right for this, it would be a fun side business. And, if I hit the jackpot with anything I sell, I could also get into the manufacturing side of it, because I know some oversees factories that can reproduce nearly anything. Best of all, this type of business would give me the excuse to make frequent trips to exotic places and make uncle Sam subsidize a portion of my travel expenses.
    I'm trying to get everything in order to start a marijuana retail store in Oregon. Its legal and I love Mary Jane and I love to make $$$

God/dess
    Thanks

Lol. Can you announce your grand opening to the people in this forum and give us SW discounts? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter77 View Post
    I'm trying to get everything in order to start a marijuana retail store in Oregon. Its legal and I love Mary Jane and I love to make $$$
    Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
    - Oscar Wilde

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123